• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to the Hope Bobcats !

Started by Hoghead, November 30, 2013, 04:38:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

I would just like to thank Coach Turley, his staff , his players and the fans. It's been one heck of a season ! This group of Bobcats came into their own under his guiedence. So many Big wins, Comeback wins, and Rivalry wins. You guys laid it on the line and never gave up ! Remember you were picked to finish 7th in the 5A South ? But you finished as the 5A SOUTH CHAMPS ! This season will live with you forever.

This is the Bobcat Team that has set the mold to compete and remain a force in 5A football. You are the team that has made us into a PROGRAM now, not just a team. They have the facilities, they have the Staff & the system in place. Thank you guys for staying with it.   

Once again I say thank you and in closing I say " Her unfurled flag of the red & white shall wave for all to see. Tis the emblem of the school that we love, may it reign through eternity !!!!!!!  Go Bobcats !!!

rapstr

Quote from: Hoghead on November 30, 2013, 04:38:24 pm
I would just like to thank Coach Turley, his staff , his players and the fans. It's been one heck of a season ! This group of Bobcats came into their own under his guiedence. So many Big wins, Comeback wins, and Rivalry wins. You guys laid it on the line and never gave up ! Remember you were picked to finish 7th in the 5A South ? But you finished as the 5A SOUTH CHAMPS ! This season will live with you forever.

This is the Bobcat Team that has set the mold to compete and remain a force in 5A football. You are the team that has made us into a PROGRAM now, not just a team. They have the facilities, they have the Staff & the system in place. Thank you guys for staying with it.   

Once again I say thank you and in closing I say " Her unfurled flag of the red & white shall wave for all to see. Tis the emblem of the school that we love, may it reign through eternity !!!!!!!  Go Bobcats !!!
Well said Hoghead that made remember high school days felt the old bobcat pride.

4thandgoal

November 30, 2013, 06:41:02 pm #2 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:16:09 pm by 4thandgoal

I have some good friends down their in Hope and an old Greenwood fan was pulling for those Bobcats. I heard positive things about the them during the summer camps by other coaches. I then followed them from afar this season because I knew that they would be a special group of players this year. I chose this team from the South to be a force and deemed them having a chance for a trip to War Memorial. Before the season started, I figured that they would have to get by teams like WH, WC and Camden in the conference and PA, Alma, Wynne, Batesville or even playing Camden in the playoffs. I really didn't see Morrilton in the picture, but that's who ended the Bobcats playoff drive for 2013. As I reflect back on the season and that playoff game, I witnessed players, cheerleaders and little children crying as they left the field (this is normal after a big lost). I witnessed a small child around 2nd or 3rd grade hug a Bobcat and say, "yall have been my champs all year." Although, the players hurt from the lost, they may not realize how they brought out the fan base week after week and gave people opportunities to make new friends within the community who may have never met one another. New friendships have been established. This young group of players had an opportunity to meet the "1963 State Championship Bobcat Team." The team brought the players closer together and they taught the Bobkittens (future Bobcats) how to win and the importance of the "Concept of Team." In conclusion, the coaches, players and community of Hope should be proud. I never saw such a supportive group of fans and student body who excorted the players as Bobcats walked back to the dressing room. This sight was certainly amazing. Congratulation to the Bobcats and I look forward to following you guys next year. "A job well done. You served the community well and gave people an opportunity to witness exciting football all season long."

wing

Ready for the Bobcats to visit Cardinal Stadium next year. We WILL have a kicker next year!

hawgfan15

Great season Hope! Coach Turley has and will continue to do great things with the program. I mean after all he is a scrapper at heart  ;)

Can't wait for the showdown in Hope next season!

mhfcharlesi

Speaking of Turley or however you spell it..he should have took the points before half and maybe it would be Hope vs Batesville. Just being honest because who knows what they have coming back..they are losing everyone on the back end of that defense, a linebacker, that noseguard, and one of the ends. It will be back to rebuilding but don't get me wrong the year after next will be a sight to see. I just don't understand why your best back touches the ball twice the whole game. He was used as a blocking back..so obviously he wasn't hurt so what was it? Nobody will ever know the reason for the decision making of that game. I know I won't and wish I did. I'm still a Hope rider just hate to see it end the way it did. At the end of the day..Take the Points or they will haunt you in the end!! Other than that..I'm proud of my Bobcats! I'm not gone say maybe next year because I don't know what them young guys going to bring to the field next year!!

FD4

Hey Hoghead, didn't get a chance to see that Morrilton matchup, was just too far to go after driving to Monticello from Wynne. I give Hope the nod that the other site wont or dont, the second half defensive performance must have been outstanding.  It was very clear that Hope had a solid team this season.  Good luck next season, looking forward to another matchup against Wynne next year.

browning_gold_12

December 09, 2013, 12:54:36 pm #7 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:56:24 pm by browning_gold_12
I would just like to thank Coach Turley, his staff , his players and the fans. It's been one heck of a season ! This group of Bobcats came into their own under his guiedence. So many Big wins, Comeback wins, and Rivalry wins. You guys laid it on the line and never gave up ! Remember you were picked to finish 7th in the 5A South ? But you finished as the 5A SOUTH CO-CHAMPS ! This season will live with you forever.

FIFY

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas