• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton vs. Batesville 5A State

Started by Almahasbeen, November 29, 2013, 10:49:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

5A state champs

Batesville
46 (54.8%)
Morrilton
38 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

The_Pioneer

So you're the Jacksonville Jags.  Never done anything. 

Devil Dog 17

Quote from: The_Pioneer on December 02, 2013, 08:12:25 pm
So you're the Jacksonville Jags.  Never done anything.
[/quote
The pioneers are like one of my favorite child hood games. Tic Tac Toe.  3 in a row!!! Go Dogs!

Hoghead

This one is a tough one. 3rd time is a charm for Batesville. Tony Hawkins will keep Morrilton in it though. He's going to drive Batesville nuts !!!!

R. A.™

has there been any discussions regarding the weather for the weekend?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: R. A.™ on December 03, 2013, 10:47:38 am
has there been any discussions regarding the weather for the weekend?

Heard it is to be in high teens, low 20's on Saturday.  My guess this could hamper attendance, especially for the non-partisan crowd. 

Devil Dog 17

Quote from: Hoghead on December 03, 2013, 09:00:41 am
This one is a tough one. 3rd time is a charm for Batesville. Tony Hawkins will keep Morrilton in it though. He's going to drive Batesville nuts !!!!

In an earlier post you predicted a Devil Dog victory. Which is it?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 03, 2013, 11:41:59 am

He can't make his mind up.  He wants Morrilton to win so it makes their season in hope more meaningful, but he probably thinks Batesville will win. 

Hoghead

Show me where I said MHS would win ? I said it was a toss up with BHS winning !

Hoghead

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2013, 01:54:08 pm

He can't make his mind up.  He wants Morrilton to win so it makes their season in hope more meaningful, but he probably thinks Batesville will win.

Who's your team again Mr. Bandwagon ?  Oh yea the Mountain Pine Red Devils....Not  You're closet Ramsey Mountain High fan right ?

Wonderdog

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hoghead on December 04, 2013, 12:38:18 am

Who's your team again Mr. Bandwagon ?  Oh yea the Mountain Pine Red Devils....Not  You're closet Ramsey Mountain High fan right ?

Yes, I am.  I'm glad you pointed that out.  Now, this may be hard for you to grasp, but I may, just may, be a fan of just high school football in general.  I like to poke at Hope because you will always respond.  It's funny to me.

Also, you did predict Morrilton to win. Well, you predicted Hawkins to outscore Batesville, and unless the other players on Morriltons team know how to take away points, you projected a Morrilton victory.

Hoghead

^^^^^ Well it's safe to say you're Pioneer fan. You make me laugh as well. Im a HS football fan myself, more than just in Arkansas. Keep poking fun at Hope and enjoy your day.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hoghead on December 04, 2013, 10:29:36 am
^^^^^ Well it's safe to say you're Pioneer fan. You make me laugh as well. Im a HS football fan myself, more than just in Arkansas. Keep poking fun at Hope and enjoy your day.

Yes! Finally, somebody tells me who I'm for.  I've been wondering this entire time.  And to think I was a PA fan..

Hoghead

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 04, 2013, 10:40:42 am
Quote from: Hoghead on December 04, 2013, 10:29:36 am

Yes! Finally, somebody tells me who I'm for.  I've been wondering this entire time.  And to think I was a PA fan..
One can only assume, you didn't fully answer the question. But it doesn't matter who's your team or who you root for. Bandwagon Seesaw Fans show no attachment to one team. Jump from team to team if you must.

Devil Dog 17

Exactly 1 week from right now, Batesville will have their 3rd straight runner up finish in the 5 A State championship game.

CIA

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 07, 2013, 03:00:45 pm
Exactly 1 week from right now, Batesville will have their 5 A State championship
Fixed that for you, you're welcome.

Devil Dog 17

I was doing a crossword puzzle today. The clue was a 10 letter word that means consistently coming in 2nd, and the word started with a B. I thought the answer was bridesmaid, but I was wrong. When I looked in the back of the book, I found out it was BATESVILLE!!

SouthernerPride

Quote from: Hoghead on December 04, 2013, 12:38:18 am

youre one to be pointing out a bandwagon fan..

And "Ramsey Mountain High" ?? Batesville High school isnt even on the mountain.. That would be Southside.. I see the cold weather has killed 2 of your 3 brain cells.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 07, 2013, 10:14:19 pm
I was doing a crossword puzzle today. The clue was a 10 letter word that means consistently coming in 2nd, and the word started with a B. I thought the answer was bridesmaid, but I was wrong. When I looked in the back of the book, I found out it was BATESVILLE!!

Your fixation with Batesville runner-up status the past two years is quite odd.  When I say that we we finished second in the state the past two years, I do so with a sense of pride.  30 other teams would love to lay claim to those runner-up trophies.  To play in the final game of the season is what dreams are made of and is evidence of the hard work and dedication of players and coaches, as well ad the support of parents and community members.  Making light of that effort and achievement is just odd.

The_Pioneer

He's from Morrilton.  Getting into the playoffs isn't all that common for him.

theshow

Devil Dog 17

The great philosopher Rickey Bobby one said "if your not first, your last"!

The_Pioneer

What does this have to do with anything?  Nothing.  Just like trying to have a grownup conversation with most Morrilton posters.  Morrilton gonna punish.

Devil Dog 17

Quote from: The_Pioneer on December 08, 2013, 09:37:16 pm

What does this have to do with anything?  Nothing.  Just like trying to have a grownup conversation with most Morrilton posters.  Morrilton gonna punish.
You are correct, Morrilton gonna punish Batesville!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 08, 2013, 08:43:22 am

Your fixation with Batesville runner-up status the past two years is quite odd.  When I say that we we finished second in the state the past two years, I do so with a sense of pride.  30 other teams would love to lay claim to those runner-up trophies.  To play in the final game of the season is what dreams are made of and is evidence of the hard work and dedication of players and coaches, as well ad the support of parents and community members.  Making light of that effort and achievement is just odd.

I think 30 other teams would love the opportunity to play for the number one spot and to prove they are the best team, but I don't think they would love to lay claim to the runner-up trophies.  Some teams like Paragould or North Pulaski might, but certainly not all 30.  It does take hard work and dedication.  I think that most people don't like that Batesville is even pinned the runner ups because of how badly they were over matched in the finals both years. I'm not speaking for myself necessarily, that is just what the majority of the state sees.   It's good to take pride in getting there, that's part of the reason why Batesville is back I'm guessing.  Morrilton WILL be the best team Batesville has played since week 1.  I think they are better than Jonesboro.  They will probably be the best defense you have played all year too.  It should be a good game.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 09, 2013, 07:21:46 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 08, 2013, 08:43:22 am
I was doing a crossword puzzle toda. The clue was a 10 letter word that means consistently coming in 2nd, and the word started with a B. I thought the answer was bridesmaid, but I was wrong. When I looked in the back of the book, I found out it was BATESVILLE!!

I think 30 other teams would love the opportunity to play for the number one spot and to prove they are the best team, but I don't think they would love to lay claim to the runner-up trophies.  Some teams like Paragould or North Pulaski might, but certainly not all 30.  It does take hard work and dedication.  I think that most people don't like that Batesville is even pinned the runner ups because of how badly they were over matched in the finals both years. I'm not speaking for myself necessarily, that is just what the majority of the state sees.   It's good to take pride in getting there, that's part of the reason why Batesville is back I'm guessing.  Morrilton WILL be the best team Batesville has played since week 1.  I think they are better than Jonesboro.  They will probably be the best defense you have played all year too.  It should be a good game.

Gov. Beebe, (Must be you if you speak for the majority of the state:), Given the choice between coming up short in the championship game and not having the opportunity, all 30 teams would take the runner up status.  To argue otherwise is simply compensation for your lack of success. I have no doubt that Morriltons defense is very good, as is our offensive line which should provide a great matchup.  If they are no better than Jonesboro was when we played them, we will run all over them - I'm thinking we put up 31 on Jonesboro.   As far as being badly overmatched in the finals, agreed in the case if Greenwood not CF.  CF won a hard fought game, but we were not "badly" overmatched.

MDXPHD

You didn't say that they loved getting the opportunity.  You said they love to lay claim to the second place trophy.  There IS a difference.  I'm not the governor, just an unbiased, logical fan.

CF won 28-10, you were over matched athletically.  You guys did play a good first half.

This is all irrelevant. The last two years have no meaning on the outcome of the upcoming game.  I guess we will all see what happens in about 5 days. 

Intelligentsia

December 09, 2013, 11:16:49 am #77 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:28:30 am by Intelligentsia
Quote from: MDXPHD on December 09, 2013, 10:55:31 am
You didn't say that they loved getting the opportunity.  You said they love to lay claim to the second place trophy.  There IS a difference.  I'm not the governor, just an unbiased, logical fan.

CF won 28-10, you were over matched athletically.  You guys did play a good first half.

This is all irrelevant. The last two years have no meaning on the outcome of the upcoming game.  I guess we will all see what happens in about 5 days.

Logical?  To lay claim to the trophies can come only as a result of having the opportunity.  The Pioneers have been overmatched athletically the majority of the times they hit the field:).  CF simply took advantage of an opportunity to stop the run when our QB struggled throwing in the second half and shut us down.  There was never a doubt in my mind that they would put up 28+ points, I just thought we might score about that many - much like the game this year. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 09, 2013, 11:16:49 am

Logical?  To lay claim to the trophies can come only as a result of having the opportunity.  The Pioneers have been overmatched athletically the majority of the times they hit the field:).  CF simply took advantage of an opportunity to stop the run when our QB struggled throwing in the second half and shut

Are you done?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 09, 2013, 11:23:57 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 09, 2013, 11:16:49 am

Logical?  To lay claim to the trophies can come only as a result of having the opportunity.  The Pioneers have been overmatched athletically the majority of the times they hit the field:).  CF simply took advantage of an opportunity to stop the run when our QB struggled throwing in the second half and shut

Are you done?

Lost power - modified the last post so now I'm done.  How about you?

MDXPHD

December 09, 2013, 01:24:17 pm #80 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:26:52 pm by MDXPHD
No, I was asking if you're done arguing on the message boards anytime anyone says something that isn't a hundred percent positive about the pioneers?

But yes, I'm done.  It's pointless.

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 09, 2013, 01:24:17 pm
No, I was asking if you're done arguing on the message boards anytime anyone says something that isn't a hundred percent positive about the pioneers?

You bring some good information to this board, but get too hot under the collar sometimes. Seems you end every conversation like this.

Intelligentsia

December 09, 2013, 02:47:33 pm #82 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:51:22 pm by Intelligentsia

Yep, I'm done.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 09, 2013, 02:37:24 pm

You bring some good information to this board, but get too hot under the collar sometimes. Seems you end every conversation like this.

Exasperating!!

sevenof400

Saw Morrilton today working out at UCA's indoor facility - I'm sure this ice storm hasn't helped anyone prepare in the manner they would like.

Does Batesville have access to an indoor facility?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 09, 2013, 02:52:35 pm

Exasperating!!

I guess I do my job.

MDXPHD

Probably so.  I'll take a break from posting for a bit.  It's all good reading material anyway.

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 09, 2013, 08:14:53 pm

Probably so.  I'll take a break from posting for a bit.  It's all good reading material anyway.

Don't worry, +1. I do this all the time.

You're one of the few who gives an unbiased opinion and backs it up with facts on here.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 09, 2013, 07:28:37 pm
Saw Morrilton today working out at UCA's indoor facility - I'm sure this ice storm hasn't helped anyone prepare in the manner they would like.

Does Batesville have access to an indoor facility?

Batesville has a small practice area in their field house.  They will practice tomorrow; staying with their weekly routine.  I'm confident the delay has been trying for the boys, coaches, and parents from both teams! 

Go Postal

December 10, 2013, 01:06:47 am #89 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:54:44 am by Go Postal
I've been reading these posts and I have to give my opinion about State Champ, State Runner-up or even making it to the State Semi-finals.  No matter who wins, but showing that you can get to the semis and beyond is making a statement for your town and every other town, that you are one of the four best teams in that State conference.
Winning a State Championship or being State Runner-up is fantastic.  Losing in the Semis by either the State Champs or State Runner-up is nothing to feel bad about.  You are still the top 4 teams in the conference.  There is a lot of teams out there that wish they were you.  Trust me, I know.  For instance, using another (that sport that shalt not be named in Alma) State Championship Record for all conferences listed below (some stats that I have been working on for Spring sports, still compiling data for Runner-ups), Harrison boys/girls have been in the semis every year, went to the 2013 finals, looking at tieing or keeping 1st place in the State against 6A Searcy and getting the boys or girls or both 5A State Championship.  We lost by 1 goal on each game and got State Runner-up for both games.  6A Searcy boys/girls, both won in the finals.  Are we disappointed that we are now 2nd place in Overall boys/girls State Champs and tied with PA?  Maybe.  Are we upset not winning either 5A Championship game?  Yes.  Are we proud that we got State Runner-up in both games?  Yes.  Are we ashamed that we lost in the semis over the years?  No.  I just know that we played as hard as we can and still proved that we are one of the best boys/girls teams in the 5A, if not the State.

Getting to the semis or finals, win or lose, does make a statement for your town that you are one of the best in any sport.

Overall State Boys/Girls Championships for all Conferences
10 Searcy (6B / 4G)
9 Harrison (6B / 3G)
9 Pulaski Academy (3B / 6G)
6 Central Arkansas Christian (1B / 5G)
6 Fayetteville (1B / 5G)
5 Little Rock Christian (3B / 2G)
5 Bentonville (1B / 4G)
5 LR Catholic (5B)
4 De Queen (4B)
3 Rogers (3G)
3 Conway (2B / 1G)
2 Russellville (1B / 1G)
2 Springdale (2B)
2 Siloam Springs (2B)
2 LR Central (2G)
2 St. Joseph, Conway (2G)
2 Mountain Home (2G)
1 North Little Rock (1B)
1 Shiloh Christian (1G)
1 Valley View (1B)
1 Ft Smith Northside (1B)
1 Clarksville (1B)
1 Mount St Mary (1G)

BOYS TEAM STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
All-Time
6 Harrison, 2002-08
6 Searcy, 2007-13
5 LR Catholic, 2002-11
4 De Queen, 2009-12
3 Pulaski Academy, 2000-07
3 Little Rock Christian, 2009-13
2 Conway, 2004-08
2 Springdale, 2003-12
2 Siloam Springs, 2011-12
1 North Little Rock, 1998
1 Fayetteville, 1999
1 Central Arkansas Christian, 2008
1 Valley View 2013
1 Bentonville 2005
1 Ft Smith Northside 2013
1 Clarksville 2007

Consecutive
5 Harrison, 2002-06
5 Searcy, 2007-11
4 De Queen, 2009-12
3 Little Rock Catholic, 2009-11
2 Pulaski Academy, 2000-01
2 Little Rock Christian, 2009-10
2 Siloam Springs, 2011-12

STATE CHAMPIONS
BOYS
CLASS 7A
2013 - Ft Smith Northside (Runner-up Springdale)
2012 – Springdale (Runner-up LR Catholic)
2011 – LR Catholic (Runner-up Bentonville)
2010 – LR Catholic (Runner-up Russellville)
2009 – LR Catholic
2008 – Conway
2007 – LR Catholic
2006 – Van Buren
2005 – Bentonville
2004 – Conway
2003 – Springdale
2002 – LR Catholic
2001 – Pulaski Academy
2000 – Pulaski Academy
1999 – Fayetteville
1998 – North Little Rock

CLASS 6A
2013 - Searcy (Runner-up Siloam Springs)
2012 – Russellville (Runner-up Mtn Home)
2011 – Searcy (Runner-up Russellville)
2010 – Searcy (Runner-up Mtn Home)
2009 – Searcy
2008 – Searcy
2007 – Searcy

CLASS 5A
2013 - Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Harrison)
2012 – Siloam Springs (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2011 – Siloam Springs (Runner-up HS Lakeside)
2010 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Hope)
2009 – Little Rock Christian
2008 – Harrison (Runner-up LR Christian)
2007 – Pulaski Academy
2006 – Harrison
2005 – Harrison
2004 – Harrison
2003 – Harrison
2002 – Harrison

CLASS 4A
2013 - Valley View (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2012 – De Queen (Runner-up Clarksville)
2011 – De Queen (Runner-up St Joseph, Conway)
2010 – De Queen (Runner-up Clarksville)
2009 – De Queen
2008 – Central Arkansas Christian
2007 – Clarksville

GIRLS TEAM STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
All-Time
6 Pulaski Academy, 2003-12
5 Central Arkansas Christian, 2006-13
5 Fayetteville, 1998-10
4 Bentonville, 2007-13
4 Searcy, 2007-13
3 Rogers, 2004-06
3 Harrison, 2002-11
2 Little Rock Christian 2010-11
2 LR Central, 2002-03
2 Rogers, 2004-05
2 Conway St. Joseph, 2009-10
2 Mountain Home, 2009-11
1 Conway 2011
1 Russellville 2012
1 Shiloh Christian 2013
1 Mount St Mary 2008

Consecutive
4 Fayetteville, 1998-01
3 Rogers, 2004-06
3 Central Arkansas Christian, 2006-08
2 LR Central, 2002-03
2 Rogers, 2004-05
2 Searcy, 2007-08
2 Pulaski Academy, 2007-08
2 Bentonville, 2009-10
2 Conway St. Joseph, 2009-10
2 Bentonville, 2012-13
2 Central Arkansas Christian, 2012-13

GIRLS
CLASS 7A
2013 - Bentonville (Runner-up Mount St. Mary)
2012 – Bentonville (Runner-up Conway)
2011 – Conway (Runner-up Bentonville)
2010 – Fayetteville (Runner-up Bentonville)
2009 – Bentonville
2008 – Mount St Mary
2007 – Bentonville
2006 – Rogers
2005 – Rogers
2004 – Rogers
2003 – LR Central
2002 – LR Central
2001 – Fayetteville
2000 – Fayetteville
1999 – Fayetteville
1998 – Fayetteville

CLASS 6A
2013 - Searcy (Runner-up Siloam Springs)
2012 – Russellville (Runner-up Searcy)
2011 – Mountain Home (Runner-up Russellville)
2010 – Searcy (Runner-up El Dorado)
2009 – Mountain Home
2008 – Searcy
2007 – Searcy

CLASS 5A
2013 - Shiloh Christian (Runner-up, Harrison)
2012 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up, LR Christian)
2011 – Harrison (Runner-up, LR Christian)
2010 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up, Pulaski Academy)
2009 – Little Rock Christian
2008 – Pulaski Academy
2007 – Pulaski Academy
2006 – Central Arkansas Christian
2005 – Pulaski Academy
2004 – Harrison
2003 – Pulaski Academy
2002 – Harrison

CLASS 4A
2013 - Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up Mena)
2012 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Episcopal)
2011 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Valley View)
2010 – St Joseph, Conway (Runner-up Episcopal)
2009 – St Joseph, Conway
2008 – Central Arkansas Christian
2007 – Central Arkansas Christian

Back to Football...
Good Luck to Batesville and Morrilton.  You have proven that you are the 2 best teams in the 5A.

Intelligentsia

December 10, 2013, 10:14:30 am #90 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:19:15 am by Intelligentsia
^+1. Hope the Pioneers win; regardless, I am proud the boys and coaches put themselves back in the big game.  Pulling for a well played game by both teams with no serious injuries and sportsmanlike play all around. 

Ready for Saturday and I'm looking forward to following the Pioneer boys and girls as they kick that little round white ball around this spring:).

Hoghead

Whats the weather forcast for Saturday in Little Rock ?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Hoghead on December 10, 2013, 10:23:05 am

46, cloudy with a small chance of rain and wind at 5-10 mph.

Hoghead

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 10, 2013, 10:32:03 am
Quote from: Hoghead on December 10, 2013, 10:23:05 am

46, cloudy with a small chance of rain and wind at 5-10 mph.

Football weather !!!!!!!! Go Teams !!!

Go Postal

December 10, 2013, 08:44:55 pm #94 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:49:19 pm by Go Postal
I guess there will no live video streaming for this game.  Or will there be?  Will there be at least a live radio streaming for this game?  Please post links and time, if so.  Thanks.

I'm split on who I want to win this game.  West wise, our West brethen, Morrilton.  Because I know how good they are and being in a Championship game since '05(?).  East wise, our northeastern brethen, Batesville.  Because I know how good they are and this is their 3rd straight attempt at State Champions.

Players, just play the best you can and no matter if you get State Champs or State Runner-up, just remember that you have already proven that you are the top 2 teams in the 5A.  The bad side on that is with the conference changes next cycle, you have now a bullseye on your back in the West and East conferences, let alone from other conferences during playoffs.  No worries, just prove once again next cycle that it can be the same as this year with hard work and dedication.

Good Luck to both teams and with a little West bias toward our other mythological entity mascot brethren...
GO DEVIL DOGS!

Go Postal

December 10, 2013, 09:52:19 pm #95 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:57:54 pm by Go Postal
Some inspirational music for both teams going into the finals.  Picture the crowd as Arkansas 5A Football fans, half Pioneer fans, half Devil Dog fans...

Good Luck to both teams!

PercussionMan

Quote from: backatyou on December 02, 2013, 12:16:11 pm
Batesville 35
Morrilton 7

That's the dumbest thing I've read on the boards all year...maybe even in several years.  Keep thinking that Morrilton gets held to one score.  You obviously know nothing about the Devil Dogs.

DevilPupMom

Quote from: Go Postal on December 10, 2013, 08:44:55 pm
I guess there will no live video streaming for this game.  Or will there be?  Will there be at least a live radio streaming for this game?  Please post links and time, if so.  Thanks.

I'm split on who I want to win this game.  West wise, our West brethen, Morrilton.  Because I know how good they are and being in a Championship game since '05(?).  East wise, our northeastern brethen, Batesville.  Because I know how good they are and this is their 3rd straight attempt at State Champions.

Players, just play the best you can and no matter if you get State Champs or State Runner-up, just remember that you have already proven that you are the top 2 teams in the 5A.  The bad side on that is with the conference changes next cycle, you have now a bullseye on your back in the West and East conferences, let alone from other conferences during playoffs.  No worries, just prove once again next cycle that it can be the same as this year with hard work and dedication.

Good Luck to both teams and with a little West bias toward our other mythological entity mascot brethren...
GO DEVIL DOGS!

You should be able to listen live at www.kvomlive.com

PercussionMan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on December 08, 2013, 06:55:29 pm
He's from Morrilton.  Getting into the playoffs isn't all that common for him.

Actually, the two teams playoff records (historically) are very similar.  Better look again.

C-Mac 73

I'm amazed that some people actually think Morrilton will win. Batesville 41-24.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas