• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton vs. Batesville 5A State

Started by Almahasbeen, November 29, 2013, 10:49:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

5A state champs

Batesville
46 (54.8%)
Morrilton
38 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

The_Pioneer

Quote from: PercussionMan on December 11, 2013, 01:17:52 pm
Quote from: The_Pioneer on December 08, 2013, 06:55:29 pm
He's from Morrilton.  Getting into the playoffs isn't all that common for him.

Actually, the two teams playoff records (historically) are very similar.  Better look again.

Not lately...

Go Postal

Like I said earlier, I like both of these teams and it looks like the Pioneers have the poll...

But, Pioneers, just remember that you are playing a very good Devil Dogs team and they also have a statement to say...

LOL.  But seriously, Good Luck to to both teams!

Intelligentsia

Luck, or I prefer "chance", may well be the difference in this game.  A good bounce or a gust of wind could turn this game.  Speaking of wind, at one point in the season I would like to have had a lot of wind for this game, but considering the chance a long FG by Oz might be the difference, combined the improved Pioneer aerial attack, gusty conditions might not be in our favor.  The current forecast of game time temp of 45, slight chance of showers and wind at 5-10, might be fine playing weather for both teams.  I am glad that we are not playing in that mess tomorrow night!!  First team to 36 wins - Go Pioneers!!

PercussionMan

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on December 12, 2013, 03:46:24 pm
I'm amazed that some people actually think Morrilton will win. Batesville 41-24.

It's actually not that big of a long shot like you seem to think.  I have talked to a few people (who don't have a dog in the fight) that have seen both teams this season and say what most are saying...it should be a great game!

wonderboy

C-Mac, why are you amazed that people are  picking Morrilton to win? I know your a batesville alum but there's a reason Morrilton is there. Their a good football team. Should be a very good game. Wont b a blowout.
Morrilton 35-31

michael2370

Batesville has already beat last years champion and the one sead from the west.  The team that defeated Morrilton this year.  Batesville had been in this position already.  Overconfidence my be Morriltons downfall.  I am also surprised anyone other than a Morrilton alum is favoring them.  I will say good luck to both teams

MDXPHD

Quote from: michael2370 on December 13, 2013, 08:34:10 pm
Batesville has already beat last years champion and the one sead from the west.  The team that defeated Morrilton this year.  Batesville had been in this position already.  Overconfidence my be Morriltons downfall.  I am also surprised anyone other than a Morrilton alum is favoring them.  I will say good luck to both teams

You're going to be upset tomorrow. 

Devil Dog 17

Three words for all you Pioneer fans.  Too Much Speed!
Dogs 37
Pioneers 26

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 13, 2013, 08:40:03 pm

Got a little wager for you mxdphd, Devil Dogs win I will not post in FF for 1 year from Sunday, Pioneers win you stay off FF for a year.  Deal?

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 13, 2013, 09:36:43 pm
Three words for all you Pioneer fans.  Too Much Speed!
Dogs 37
Pioneers 26
Heard that one before. Got anything else?

C-Mac 73

MDXPHD will be highly disappointed tomorrow and even more so when FSU beats Auburn.

MDXPHD

December 14, 2013, 06:49:20 am #111 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:10:09 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 13, 2013, 09:53:47 pm

Got a little wager for you mxdphd, Devil Dogs win I will not post in FF for 1 year from Sunday, Pioneers win you stay off FF for a year.  Deal?

As much as I would like to accept your offer, I will respectfully decline.  I signed up for this board to voice my opinion on multiple sports and schools. You see, what makes a message board is a mix of people that voice their opinions. I enjoy reading other peoples and I enjoy sharing mine (I have noticed that's the main part that you don't like about this board).  Another reason why I won't agree is because Morrilton is not a team that I support weekly.  If I were a Morrilton fan, then I would consider your bet.  My final reason I will not agree to your deal because if (yes, it could happen) Batesville does win, then you will be at an all time high and I don't want to send you over the edge of excitement by giving you more satisfaction.  I'm basically looking out for you, no need to thank me.  Now, with all of this being said, you are more than welcome to take a year off if Morrilton wins. 

C-mac, that may happen.  I guess I'll take the season we have had thus far and be content with an SEC championship, Iron Bowl win, and the best one year turn around in college football history. I shouldn't do this, but I have to mention that I am also happy about the 444 rushing yards on Tennessee.  Maybe you and Arkie could play each other sometime before all of the bowls start, seeing that neither of you are in one. 

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 14, 2013, 06:49:20 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 13, 2013, 09:53:47 pm

As much as I would like to accept your offer, I will respectfully decline.  I signed up for this board to voice my opinion on multiple sports and schools. You see, what makes a message board is a mix of people that voice their opinions. I enjoy reading other peoples and I enjoy sharing mine (I have noticed that's the main part that you don't like about this board).  Another reason why I won't agree is because Morrilton is not a team that I support weekly.  If I were a Morrilton fan, then I would consider your bet.  My final reason I will not agree to your deal because if (yes, it could happen) Batesville does win, then you will be at an all time high and I don't want to send you over the edge of excitement by giving you more satisfaction.  I'm basically looking out for you, no need to thank me.  Now, with all of this being said, you are more than welcome to take a year off if Morrilton wins. 

C-mac, that may happen.  I guess I'll take the season we have had thus far and be content with an SEC championship, Iron Bowl win, and the best one year turn around in college football history. I shouldn't do this, but I have to mention that I am also happy about the 444 rushing yards on Tennessee.  Maybe you and Arkie could play each other sometime before all of the bowls start, seeing that neither of you are in one.

Didn't think you would take me up on the offer; just a little jab.  Anyway, IMO, this one could go either way with anyone of several factors influencing the outcome.  Regardless, both teams have done well to play in the final game of the season. Since this will be my last post until after the game; praying for no serious injuries, a cleanly played game, and many displays of good sportsmanship.  Go Pioneers!!

michael2370

I read a post earlier saying Morriltons o line and d line where averaging less than 220lbs .  Is that true or was that a misprint?

MDXPHD

December 14, 2013, 08:31:50 am #114 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:47:52 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: michael2370 on December 14, 2013, 08:08:50 am
I read a post earlier saying Morriltons o line and d line where averaging less than 220lbs .  Is that true or was that a misprint?

I think it is true.

DogsWin7

I suppose they are getting ready to find out. 

Go Postal

MDXPHD and Intelligentsia, I hope to see both of you guy's posts on the Basketball and Spring sports threads.

Good Luck to both teams today!

Go Postal

Just in case if www.kvomlive.com is not streaming this game, is there any more stations live audio or video streaming this game?

AT

Quote from: Go Postal on December 14, 2013, 10:46:40 am
Just in case if www.kvomlive.com is not streaming this game, is there any more stations live audio or video streaming this game?

The AAA is streaming the game for a cost ($9.95) here: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/channels/arkansas 

I'm hoping for the radio stream to work on this one.

vtowneagles

Horrible time management by both teams...

Pantherdaddy

why was M trying to pass on their last poss?  weren't they up ??

Almahasbeen

Congrats to both teams from alma! Two very deserving teams!! Great win d-dogs

Devil Dog 17

browning_gold_12

PercussionMan

Morrilton Devil Dogs 27
Batesville Pioneers 24
  & the officials

GO DEVIL DOGS GO!!!!

Eat that crow now, all you not believers!!

AT

Quote from: PercussionMan on December 14, 2013, 02:53:39 pm
Morrilton Devil Dogs 27
Batesville Pioneers 24
  & the officials

GO DEVIL DOGS GO!!!!

Eat that crow now, all you not believers!!

I'll take a serving of crow!

Also, if someone has a video of the last 20 seconds, please share it.

The Coach

I'm amazed that some people actually think Morrilton will win. Batesville 41-24.

Who won?

wing

Pioneer Fan

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 14, 2013, 02:46:22 pm
Now what! 3 time losers!

You can bet we'll try again, Devil Dog 17!

Congrats To all the Devil Dogs.

NeverQuit

Devil Dog 17 has no clue. And his sportsmanship is nonexistent. SMH.

The_Pioneer

Ah, Morrilton class.  Congrats on your victory.  Was an exciting game.

DogsWin7

Devil Dog 17

Quote from: NeverQuit on December 14, 2013, 03:29:30 pm
[/quote

You guys have talked trash for 2 weeks, deal with it!!

NeverQuit

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 14, 2013, 03:44:34 pm
Quote from: NeverQuit on December 14, 2013, 03:29:30 pm
[/quote

You guys have talked trash for 2 weeks, deal with it!!

As I said. No sportsmanship.

DEVIL DOG HOG

C-Mac 73

December 14, 2013, 04:38:47 pm #135 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:45:16 pm by C-Mac 73
Quote from: The Coach on December 14, 2013, 02:58:16 pm

Who won?
The officials.

pj72501

This was a great game.  Both teams showed a lot of heart.  My only question is why they played with college wide goal posts and not high school?  If a kid has worked all year on a. Certain with, why change the last game.  Oz missed the kick but could not tell by how much or if that made a difference.

NeverQuit

Congratulations to Morrilton, and congratulations to Batesville as well.

It was a hard fought game. Sadly, C-Mac is correct in his assessment of the officials. You expect better at the championship game. The tape will be hard to watch because some of the poor ball spots - and the flagrant movement of the ball from it's spot - will be hard to deal with. At least one poor spot likely cost the Pioneers some points. Add that to the number of face mask and horse collar calls that were not called, and it's an even more frustrating loss. Morrilton gave the Pioneers chances to win, but the Pioneers couldn't capitalize.

It was a great season for both teams. Onward Pioneers!

the voice

The officials ? Let's see , one drive had five morrilton penalties in a row . The last play should've never even happened, batesville called for offsides after a sack with three seconds and no timeouts ? Yet the clock stops and they get to bring field goal unit on? After a sack with no timeouts and the clock stopping for no reason ?
No way did officials aid devil dogs in the win. Congrats to both teams for great seasons .

the voice

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on December 14, 2013, 04:36:20 pm
Now what! 3 time losers!

-1 Very few Morrilton fans are like this!

I don't like it, Batesville was a very good team and it was a great game.

Devil Dog 17

Wow, what a game between 2 really good teams! I said before the game that I thought Hope was the best team we had played all year. I think Batesville may be every bit as good as Hope.  I wish that you guys would give the Dogs a little credit, and stop blaming the officials. Pioneers will be back, you guys have a great coach, and program.

DEVIL DOG HOG

A few years ago Morrilton and Batesville played each other during the regular season.  Great games to watch.  Wish that Hope and Morrilton would play each other.

NeverQuit

Quote from: pj72501 on December 14, 2013, 05:15:03 pm
This was a great game.  Both teams showed a lot of heart.  My only question is why they played with college wide goal posts and not high school?  If a kid has worked all year on a. Certain with, why change the last game.  Oz missed the kick but could not tell by how much or if that made a difference.

Would've been good if it was a high school goal post.

Devil Dog 17

Quote from: NeverQuit on December 14, 2013, 05:53:08 pm

I was sitting on the 50, from my view, it looked good. He's a dang good kicker. Is he a senior?

NeverQuit

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 14, 2013, 06:01:33 pm

I was sitting on the 50, from my view, it looked good. He's a dang good kicker. Is he a senior?

Yep

Devil Dog 17

Quote from: NeverQuit on December 14, 2013, 06:03:13 pm
Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 14, 2013, 06:01:33 pm

Yep

Anybody looking at him?

RawDog1

I feel bad for the kicker of BV.  But the middle is the same on every goal post.  Great win by Dogs.  Good year for BV.  Blame it on anything you would like.  Dogs the better team and that's why they are #1.  Go Dogs

pj72501

Quote from: RawDog1 on December 14, 2013, 06:08:39 pm

I feel bad for the kicker of BV.  But the middle is the same on every goal post.  Great win by Dogs.  Good year for BV.  Blame it on anything you would like.  Dogs the better team and that's why they are #1.  Go Dogs

I was not blaming anything, simply asking a question.  He missed it, one of a few missed opportunities.  Not everything is making excuses could be just asking a simple question.  Dogs won and I never questioned otherwise.

C-Mac 73

Before someone else jumps my case... I'm not complaining about the officiating as a whole. Seriously, I know how annoying that is. There were good and bad calls both ways. But the officials DID clearly cost Batesville a shot at overtime. The kick was good.

C-Mac 73

Now what! 3 time losers!
You're doing a fine job of representing your fan base.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas