• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton vs. Batesville 5A State

Started by Almahasbeen, November 29, 2013, 10:49:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

5A state champs

Batesville
46 (54.8%)
Morrilton
38 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Almahasbeen

I know you'll probably wanna wait till tomorrow but who wins??

The_X_Cardinal

Youngsta71701

Batesville by a field goal

Batesville 38
Morrilton 35

P.F.G.

Two good teams

Batesville will be able to run the ball at will. Bad thing is that morrilton can score any given play. I'll say batesville 42-38.

Hoghead

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoghead on November 29, 2013, 11:42:02 pm
Tony Hawkins 31
BATESVILLE 28

lol...the cam newton of arkansas high school football huh?

Lionheart88

Unless they're playing Fairview or Greenwood, I don't bet against Batesville.

RamAlum10

will this game be a must watch? I haven't seen morrilton play since they had that freshman running back that started for them.. must have been back in 05 or so. i want to see this QB

Almahasbeen

This game will look very similar to week 5... But batesville having a lot more size and on morrilton a side they have the drive to want this trophy... This game will be a good one

Wonderdog

3rd time is a charm. Batesville does not 3-peat as runner-up

The_Pioneer

The Future

Just now getting to the 5A board since before the games last night.

Huge congrats to both teams. Morrilton for battling in the rugged West and outlasting great playoff teams to return to The Rock for the first time since 2005. Batesville has made it 3 trips in a row. Even though they lost the first 2, that's still a big achievement. The 2 best in 5A will meet for all the marbles. Thinking about going to it myself.
Hats off to Alma and Hope. 10-3 seasons are nothing to be ashamed of. Both games were great and came down to the end. Good luck to Hope next season and welcome Alma to the 6A.

This game has all the makings for a shoot out. Both offenses can score and both defe see are fast and tough. One mistake could const the game for a team.

Good luck to Morrilton and Batesville.

Morrilton by 10.

tmycjy

Hey guys u want to know who will win the trophy both will win the trophy lol lol lol lol no but for real no team came this far to get the silver trophy u came to get the gold trophy good luck to all teams

spongebob

November 30, 2013, 08:27:02 am #14 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:29:16 am by spongebob
Ok

michael2370

MDXPHD

Bigmac2

ahsalum

Might have to make the trip to LR for this one.

Too close to call for me....should be a great one.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Steve Perry on November 30, 2013, 02:41:13 pm

Oh man, I was going to attend this game but I'm scared to now.

DogsWin7

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 30, 2013, 03:34:05 pm

Scared of what?   

The_Pioneer

DogsWin7

MDXPHD

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 30, 2013, 04:50:54 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 30, 2013, 03:34:05 pm

Scared of what?   

Of steve being in attendance without Alma playing.  I'm not sure what he will do.

Don't worry Pioneer..I assume by another you are talking about regular season games right? Because they are 0-2 the last two years in the game that means the most. It will be 0-3 after this Saturday.

The_Pioneer

MDXPHD

michael2370

To Mdxphd and your comment that Batesville is 0-2  the last two years and is fixing to be 0-3 when it really counts.  Thirty other schools would dream to be in this position one year much less three in a row.  I do not remember Morilton being a team Batesville in the finals the last to.  There is not any reason to show disrespect.  Morilton congrats to making it to the finals.  I will be pulling for Batesville but if they loose It will be to another great team.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: michael2370 on December 01, 2013, 06:40:43 pm
To Mdxphd and your comment that Batesville is 0-2  the last two years and is fixing to be 0-3 when it really counts.  Thirty other schools would dream to be in this position one year much less three in a row.  I do not remember Morilton being a team Batesville in the finals the last to.  There is not any reason to show disrespect.  Morilton congrats to making it to the finals.  I will be pulling for Batesville but if they loose It will be to another great team.

+1. Both teams will walk away with a nice piece of hardware, the only two teams to do so.  Do I want a Pioneer win, sure, but regardless of the outcome, the boys on these two teams are reaping the ultimate reward for their hard work and sacrifice; an opportunity to play in the final game of the season.  Play clean, play as a team, and leave it all out on the field.  That's what I want to see, that's the object of high school sports. Trophies are great, but the lesson that hard work is rewarded with opportunity, that good sportsmanship is respected, and that working as a TEAM leads to success are FAR more important than trophies.  Trophies are simply evidence of exceptional effort. IMO

Hoghead

This is not Texas, the winner & loser of every Texas State playoff game gets a Trophy.

tb02brotha

Batesville is a team of destiny this season. 2 of their SRs lost a significant member of their famliy in the last 6 months: 1 his Mother and the other his Grandmother. Both have dedicated this season to their memory. They have "Angels in the Backfield" guiding them to this eventual Championship! Batesville is preparing to celebrate a State Title not Runner-Up for this year.....

Batesville 35
Morrilton  20

pantherblue

Would like to see Morrilton win after beating Hope-Less but I picked Batesville at the first of the year and I will stick with that pick in a close one...

Morrilton 27
Batesville 30

I guess the "RPS" Ranking did NOT work out.

It must have caught a Virus on Most Classification Levels.

backatyou

browning_gold_12

Quote from: Hoghead on December 02, 2013, 01:48:39 am
This is not Texas, the winner & loser of every Texas State playoff game gets a Trophy.

Nope! Its Arkansas baby!! Home of the 5A South Co-Champ Camden Fairview Cardinals!!

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on December 02, 2013, 12:21:39 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on December 02, 2013, 01:48:39 am

Nope! Its Arkansas baby!! Home of the 5A South Co-Champ Camden Fairview Cardinals!!

... The Hurricane?

justalionfan

Almahasbeen

How did Camden get brought up in the "state champ" thread??

fan4life

Morrilton has a great group of athletes that have a lot of heart. They believe in each other and their coach. This will be a great game!

DB

I think the arrogance that is inherent in Batesville could play a part in this game.

CIA

Quote from: DB on December 02, 2013, 01:52:14 pm
I think the arrogance that is inherent in Batesville could play a part in this game.
Wynne referincing arrogance....hello pot , meet kettle. 
If the kids and coaches were posting you might have a point.  Fans don't play the game, posters don't play the game.  But thanks for posting that as a fan on thread where your team isn't participating.  So now would that be arrogance or sour grapes?

DB

Quote from: CIA on December 02, 2013, 02:11:56 pm
If the kids and coaches were posting you might have a point.  Fans don't play the game, posters don't play the game.  But thanks for posting that as a fan on thread where your team isn't participating.  So now would that be arrogance or sour grapes?

See my signature line.

browning_gold_12

Quote from: Almahasbeen on December 02, 2013, 01:06:51 pm
How did Camden get brought up in the "state champ" thread??

Cheap shot at hogheaD. No harm meant to innocent bystanders....

Almahasbeen

CIA

Quote from: DB on December 02, 2013, 02:56:40 pm
Quote from: CIA on December 02, 2013, 02:11:56 pm

See my signature line.

Saw it before, guess it was meant as a reminder to you.  Now I get it.

DB

Quote from: CIA on December 02, 2013, 04:03:31 pm

Weak.

Devil Dog 17

Batesville, or the Buffalo Bills of high school football bring home the bridesmaid trophy again. I don't see this being as close as others have predicted.
Devil Dogs 37
Batesville 26

CIA

Quote from: DB on December 02, 2013, 04:16:48 pm
Quote from: CIA on December 02, 2013, 04:03:31 pm

Weak.

You went out in the 2nd round, just like your team, buh bye!

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 02, 2013, 06:37:21 pm
Batesville, or the Buffalo Bills of high school football bring home the bridesmaid trophy again. I don't see this being as close as others have predicted.
Devil Dogs 37
Batesville 26

You would think a program with the history of Morrilton wouldn't want to start this little comparison war....

Devil Dog 17

Quote from: The_Pioneer on December 02, 2013, 07:17:40 pm
Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 02, 2013, 06:37:21 pm
Devil Dogs 37
Batesville 26

You would think a program with the history of Morrilton wouldn't want to start this little comparison war....
Your history has been of losing the big game the last 2 years, our history will start Sat about 2:30pm.  Good luck Buffalo Pioneers, I mean Batesville Pioneers.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas