• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Magnolia surprise everyone and earn the # 4 seed?

Started by 4thandgoal, September 15, 2014, 10:55:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wing

Quote from: 4thandgoal on September 15, 2014, 10:55:52 pm
The Panthers may pull it off.

The panthers could be a player this year. We all know the talent is there. It will not surprise me if they make the playoffs. Tempress called this back in the spring. 5A south looks to be wide open for playoff spots.

Hoghead

Magnolia could play spoiler in the 5A South. Conference play will have some wild outcomes this year. Its good to always have Magnolia winning. HS Lakeside, Hot Springs, Hope & WC will make this race fun !

Lionheart88

I don't know that it will be a surprise.  They showed great improvement under Coach Panter the first year.  Keep that up and they'll be in the playoffs, especially since Hope and Watson Chapel are looking to be down this year.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 05:08:45 pm
I don't know that it will be a surprise.  They showed great improvement under Coach Panter the first year.  Keep that up and they'll be in the playoffs, especially since Hope and Watson Chapel are looking to be down this year.
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 05:08:45 pm
Magnolia has won 5 games in 2 years. No one picked them to do anything. So its surprisingly nice to see them at 2-0. Granted its Crossett & Monticello they've beat. Its good to see the Panthers putting it back together.
As for Hope being down, keep that thought with you when White Hall comes to Hope and gets a down year whipping ! WH's playoff spot will be rearranged after they lose to Hope. Magnolia walks into your spot.

Lionheart88

It's too early for anyone but CF to be reserving a playoff spot right now.  Lot of football to be played between now and Halloween.  We'll see, but I wouldn't get too optimistic about Hope's chances this year.  I certainly wouldn't be optimistic about ours if we'd gotten mercy-ruled by a 4A team 11 days ago.

02 bobcats

That 4a school could mere/y rule a lot of 5a school. We will revisit your statement Friday after WC travel to the Hill in Nashville. That team is legit

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 07:28:03 pm
It's too early for anyone but CF to be reserving a playoff spot right now.  Lot of football to be played between now and Halloween.  We'll see, but I wouldn't get too optimistic about Hope's chances this year.  I certainly wouldn't be optimistic about ours if we'd gotten mercy-ruled by a 4A team 11 days ago.

With you being a self anointed pessimist Lionheart I understand you point of view. As for the Nashville rib shot from you, that's understandable.  But they'd hang 50 on White Hall and beat other 5A schools as well. The 4A tag Nashville wears is no indication of their talent. They are a 4A school in name only. I wouldnt brag on Hope losing to Nashville when White Hall got outplayed by fake 5A multiplier LR Christian. See you guys later in the season. Hope is going to beat White Hall just like last year !!!

Lionheart88

Or maybe they'll get run out of their own house like two years ago.  That was a fun game to watch.  Even for most of the game, but the Dogs ran away with it in the end.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 09:38:21 pm
Or maybe they'll get run out of their own house like two years ago.  That was a fun game to watch.  Even for most of the game, but the Dogs ran away with it in the end.

I walked out of very quiet stadium in White Hall last year. It was almost as much fun watching Camden Fairview leave Hope. Nashville paid us back after we shut their mouth. White Hall leaves Hope with a loss this year.

Lionheart88

Not playing like y'all have been so far.  Lose to one 4A school and barely beat another? ::)  lol, good thing y'all play a 3A school this week.  But like I said, Halloween's a long way off, both teams will probably be very different by then.

Hoghead

September 16, 2014, 10:45:55 pm #11 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:54:06 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 10:11:58 pm
Not playing like y'all have been so far.  Lose to one 4A school and barely beat another? ::)  lol, good thing y'all play a 3A school this week.  But like I said, Halloween's a long way off, both teams will probably be very different by then.

All 3 schools we play are regional opponents. No shame in playing them at all. They bring a good gate. The Bobcats have played and beaten White Hall and PB Dollarway in non conference game openers before. We've played the likes of Greenwood in openers. Nashville & Prescott are our natural rivals for over 100 years. Ashdown was in our conference for a many years. Ashdown as a 4A school has beaten 7A West Memphis. So the classification thing doesn't hold water. All 3 could play 5A ball with no problem. Remember Ashdown played up 3 classifications and BEAT 7A West Memphis before. So classification for these 3 schools mean nothing. 5A Watson Chapel lost to Nashville and will lose to them again Friday !!!

Hoggy

Hope is no where near the team they were a year ago.  I guess some of these posters were right, Westmoreland was that good.  They will make the playoffs though.  I think

Youngsta71701

No!

Hoghead

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 17, 2014, 01:31:19 pm

No!

It depends on if White Hall & Watson Chaple can beat them. Plus Hot Springs vs Magnolia will determine a few things. Hope owns Magnolia ! Scored 40+ points on Magnolia the last two games !!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoghead on September 17, 2014, 02:32:52 pm

No!

It depends on if White Hall & Watson Chaple can beat them. Plus Hot Springs vs Magnolia will determine a few things. Hope owns Magnolia ! Scored 40+ points on Magnolia the last two games !!

I think they'll come back down to earth once conference play starts. Plus Hot Springs and Hot Springs Lakeside seem to be much improved this year as well.

Lionheart88

September 17, 2014, 03:26:05 pm #16 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:35:37 pm by Lionheart88

No!

This year's Magnolia team is much improved and this year's Hope team can't hold a candle to last year's, so I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet.

Compare Magnolia's first two games (Crossett and Monticello) the past three years:
2012: 0-2, by a combined margin of 46-92
2013: 1-1, by a combined margin of 48-45
2014: 2-0, by a combined margin of 40-15

Now let's look at Hope's first two games (Nashville and Ashdown) the past three years:
2012: 1-1, by a combined margin of 29-46
2013: 1-1, by a combined margin of 70-63
2014: 1-1, by a combined margin of 44-85

These are two teams moving in opposite directions, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Magnolia make the playoffs this year.  I think they'll probably battle it out with Hot Springs for the 4 seed, though there's an outside chance both make it.

Hoghead

September 17, 2014, 03:34:15 pm #17 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:54:41 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 17, 2014, 03:26:05 pm

No!

This year's Magnolia team is much improved and this year's Hope team can't hold a candle to last year's, so I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet.

Compare Magnolia's first two games (Crossett and Monticello) the past three years:
2012: 0-2, by a combined margin of 46-92
2013: 1-1, by a combined margin of 48-45
2014: 20-, by a combined margin of 40-15

Now let's look at Hope's first two games (Nashville and Ashdown) the past three years:
2012: 1-1, by a combined margin of 29-46
2013: 1-1, by a combined margin of 70-63
2014: 1-1, by a combined margin of 44-85

These are two teams moving in opposite directions, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Magnolia make the playoffs this year.  I think they'll probably battle it out with Hot Springs for the 4 seed, though there's an outside chance both make it.

All this shows is Hope opens with better teams.  Hope, Nashville & Ashdown would nuke Magnolia, Monticello & Crossett. The past 3 years of Hope vs Magnolia ain't been pretty. Hope 136 Magnolia 26 !!!

Hoggy

I can't imagine having a talent like Agim and not get more production out of him.  He should get at least 15 touches a game and play middle LB

Hoghead

Quote from: Hoggy on September 19, 2014, 02:52:17 pm
I can't imagine having a talent like Agim and not get more production out of him.  He should get at least 15 touches a game and play middle LB

Yawn.......

Hoggy

Quote from: Hoghead on September 19, 2014, 03:21:32 pm
Quote from: Hoggy on September 19, 2014, 02:52:17 pm

Yawn.......
sleepy?

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Magnolia will make playoffs

WC will not. I've already called this so why would anyone be surprised?

Lionheart88

Just following the scores tonight I was pretty impressed with how close Magnolia kept it.  Anyone at the game got some insight for the rest of us?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas