• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The only win for Watson Chapel vs Nashville will come from the band.

Started by 4thandgoal, September 15, 2014, 10:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

Nashville has too much this year. Watson Chapel might score 3 to 7 points.

Uncle Ivan

Doesn't help Nashville that they've played a pitiful schedule so far.

4thandgoal

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 15, 2014, 11:31:10 pm

You got know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run.....go PA  ;D

02Bobcat is back from rehab, but have not learned his lesson from running his mouth.

Intelligentsia

Nashville gets the nod on this one, but not in a runaway.  Nashville has not been tested yet; spanking two powder puffs:)  While the score did not reflect such, I saw potential in both sides of the WC line.  I'll say Nashville by 10 or less, but would not be shocked by a WC upset.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 16, 2014, 07:11:03 am
Nashville gets the nod on this one, but not in a runaway.  Nashville has not been tested yet; spanking two powder puffs:)  While the score did not reflect such, I saw potential in both sides of the WC line.  I'll say Nashville by 10 or less, but would not be shocked by a WC upset.
Watson Chapel might well be worse than Hope.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 12:42:50 pm
Coming from a White Hall fan that's a compliment !

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 12:42:50 pm

Worse than Hope? Surely not!!

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 15, 2014, 11:31:10 pm
LOL !!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE !!!!!!!   Anyone who plays Rosa Fort, Mississippi High has no rocks to throw. MARN......Oh my !  Didn't yall lose to MARN last year ?   Anyway you beat them 784 to zero 2 weeks ago. Tough games for Wynne so far !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 16, 2014, 11:57:41 pm

LOL !!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE !!!!!!!   Anyone who plays Rosa Fort, Mississippi High has no rocks to throw. MARN......Oh my !  Didn't yall lose to MARN last year ?   Anyway you beat them 784 to zero 2 weeks ago. Tough games for Wynne so far !

They considered adding Hope as a third non-con game, but it really would've dropped the strength of schedule.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 17, 2014, 01:20:46 am
Quote from: Hoghead on September 16, 2014, 11:57:41 pm

They considered adding Hope as a third non-con game, but it really would've dropped the strength of schedule.

Hee Hee, yall owe Hope a whipping ! The Bobcats knocked your little dusty Arena league Qb out of the game and shutdown your 1500 yard RB. 21-0 ! Strength of schedule ? Hee Hee ! 21-0 !!!

zebradynasty

Well not only will chapel not win the game...their band will lose too! The only have like 20 members!

If Nashville is anywhere close to chapel athletically they should win easy. As could  be expected at times last week chapel looked about as organized as the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. They probably will be difficult to prepare for because you don't know what they might do...and neither do they! Rest assured none of will work.

hawgfan15

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 17, 2014, 07:14:32 am
Well not only will chapel not win the game...their band will lose too! The only have like 20 members!

If Nashville is anywhere close to chapel athletically they should win easy. As could  be expected at times last week chapel looked about as organized as the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. They probably will be difficult to prepare for because you don't know what they might do...and neither do they! Rest assured none of will work.

Nashville isn't lacking athletes or size this year. If we can contain the RB I like our chances.

zebradynasty

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 17, 2014, 10:10:24 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on September 17, 2014, 07:14:32 am

Nashville isn't lacking athletes or size this year. If we can contain the RB I like our chances.

Well chapel is not huge just good size EXCEPT the little running back runs very hard for his size but I do not believe he will hold up for 4 quarters. He'll make some runs every now and then but if your defense flies to the ball and but hats on him...he can be contained. If chapel gets behind they will have trouble catching up. The scrappers should win by 21 maybe more.

Hoghead

If WC has no blocking scheme they can execute, Nashville will annihilate them.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 17, 2014, 02:03:31 am

Hee Hee, yall owe Hope a whipping

We do.  As in the past that you like to reference, I remember a couple of thirty point beatdowns.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 17, 2014, 02:09:36 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on September 17, 2014, 02:03:31 am

Hee Hee, yall owe Hope a whipping

We do.  As in the past that you like to reference, I remember a couple of thirty point beatdowns.
True, but that 21-0 is still fresh. I'm sure Wynne is 9 weeks ahead of the schedule praying that Hope pops up in the playoffs. Losing to the likes of Hope really bothers the Yellowjackets and its funny as all get out !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 17, 2014, 03:28:45 pm
Losing to the likes of Hope really bothers the Yellowjackets

Does it?  Seems like nobody thinks about it but yourself.

Then again, have to hang your hat on something, I suppose.

4thandgoal

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 17, 2014, 11:24:07 pm

Uncle, be afraid of PA. Be very afraid.

GuvHog

I stated last week that WC would lose to PB but if WC's offense played well enough to keep WC's defense rested, it could be closer than some think. Obviously that didn't happen and PB showed why I have them picked to win the 6A title. The same goes this week. If WC's offense can play well enough to score some points and keep their Defense rested, the Cats will have a decent shot at a win. If not, it won't be pretty for the Cats.

Bigbossman

Nashville by 3 touchdowns. The clock wont stop the second half.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 17, 2014, 11:24:07 pm

Sure it bothers you guys ! That 21-0 shutout eats you alive. You answer to it post after post ! Heck its great bait ! Nashville is going to drive a pole up WCs nose !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 18, 2014, 09:42:44 pm
That 21-0 shutout eats you alive.

Again, it does?

I was more concerned that night about getting to the deer stand early enough the next morning.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 18, 2014, 10:41:18 pm

Again, it does?

I was more concerned that night about getting to the deer stand early enough the next morning.
Ah, let him enjoy it.  Last year was the first time in years Hope's been good.

Hoghead

Again, it does?

After you continuously checked your phone and Wynnes radio broadcast for the score. Heading to the deer woods early was a Bobcat induced option.

Uncle Ivan

I hear Hope even went as far to have a trophy made after that game.

Gotta put something in that empty trophy case, I guess.

wing

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 19, 2014, 01:50:08 am

No IU the Hope trophy case wasn't empty. Your 21-0 trophy sits right next to the "We finally beat Camden 17-12 Co-Champs Trophy".

Hoghead

You're reaching.......

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 18, 2014, 10:44:05 pm

Again, it does?

And besides nothing what has White Hall won in Football in 40 years ?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoghead on September 19, 2014, 08:20:10 am

Again, it does?

Hmmm...good question... ???

Hoghead

Quote from: wing on September 19, 2014, 07:51:05 am

CFHS still has that Thank You Camden High for merging with us Trophy. Because if it were not for The Camden Panthers CFHS would be the same punching bag non football school it was before the merger.

No IU the Hope trophy case wasn't empty. Your 21-0 trophy sits right next to the "We finally beat Camden 17-12 Co-Champs Trophy".

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on September 19, 2014, 08:49:30 am

CFHS still has that Thank You Camden High for merging with us Trophy. Because if it were not for The Camden Panthers CFHS would be the same punching bag non football school it was before the merger.

FHS was indeed a punching bag for a long time but the tide was turning. Before the merger, the Cardinals beat the panthers ten straight times allowing just one score in those ten games. The last five years Fairview and Camden played each other twice.

Hoghead

Quote from: wing on September 19, 2014, 09:13:04 am

FHS was indeed a punching bag for a long time but the tide was turning. Before the merger, the Cardinals beat the panthers ten straight times allowing just one score in those ten games. The last five years Fairview and Camden played each other twice.

We never lost to CFHS when I was at HHS. We used to laugh on Monday on how bad we were going to beat them on Friday ! But all that has changed now. Good luck tonight at PB $way

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on September 19, 2014, 09:57:03 am
Quote from: wing on September 19, 2014, 09:13:04 am

We never lost to CFHS when I was at HHS. We used to laugh on Monday on how bad we were going to beat them on Friday ! But all that has changed now. Good luck tonight at PB $way

Yep, good luck against the curly wolves tonight? Speaking of the curly wolves, does Eddie Jackson still help out part time at Genoa Central? He is a former CF Cardinal from back in the day.

Lionheart88

Again, it does?

Not much.  We used to be a basketball school, now we're a baseball/softball school.   :)  But here's the thing: in the last decade we've still been noticeably better than Hope.  From 2004-2013, Hope went 51-58 overall (.468 win percentage), with 5 playoff appearances and 1 shared Conference Championship.  From 2004-2013, White Hall went 67-43-2 (.598 win percentage), made the playoffs 8 times, and won two outright Conference Championships.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 19, 2014, 11:34:46 am

Again, it does?

Not much.  We used to be a basketball school, now we're a baseball/softball school.   :)  But here's the thing: in the last decade we've still been noticeably better than Hope.  From 2004-2013, Hope went 51-58 overall (.468 win percentage), with 5 playoff appearances and 1 shared Conference Championship.  From 2004-2013, White Hall went 67-43-2 (.598 win percentage), made the playoffs 8 times, and won two outright Conference Championships.
All this is true. My only defense (excuse matrix) is WH played in a very sub par 5A SE. Hope became a Girls softball school over this period. Winning two out of 4 State Championships and several conference titles. As for Basketball, that progam has had talent. But everyone in SW Arkansas knows the cancer that plagues Hope basketball. Football has been good at Hope and its been bad at times. But its the program people rally around.  As a Ashdown fan told me once, when Hope is good they're very good. When Hope is bad, they're very bad ! A Prescott buddy told me, I dont understand how Hope has a truck load of talent and athletes and come up short like they do. Lastly a Magnolia coach once said, bar none Hope has talent every year ! But every year something goes wrong up there except for the Magnolia game. They find a way to beat us it seems. Hope won back2back conference undefeated in 00 & 01. Then shared a title in 06 with P-Rob whom they beat like they did CFHS on this 2013 Conference Title.

GuvHog

Holding a Nashville team that hammered Hope to 22 points while scoring 13 is a pretty good effort but not good enough. WC is improving every week and that's good to see.

Hoghead

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2014, 08:16:57 am
Holding a Nashville team that hammered Hope to 22 points while scoring 13 is a pretty good effort but not good enough. WC is improving every week and that's good to see.

Hope couldnt stop wet tissue paper on Defense !

hawgfan15

That WC defense is very good. The running game is solid, the key will be developing a passing game.

I will say this, WC beats Hope, Magnolia, Lakeside, and DeQueen if they play like they did last night. CF and White Hall better bring their A game

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 20, 2014, 11:27:48 am

That WC defense is very good. The running game is solid, the key will be developing a passing game.

I will say this, WC beats Hope, Magnolia, Lakeside, and DeQueen if they play like they did last night. CF and White Hall better bring their A game

I believe they'll beat HotSprings too.

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on September 21, 2014, 08:07:26 am

I knew I was leaving out someone

Hoghead

Quote from: GuvHog on September 21, 2014, 08:07:26 am

T
The 5A South will be all ears after games for the next 7 weeks ! There will be some upsets.....

Megatron

WING- No Eddie Jackson is retired now just chilling! His son is the new head coach at Gurdon High so he usually will go root him on.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas