• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

west Memphis @ Wynne week 3

Started by playmaker04, September 12, 2014, 11:16:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

Wynne sitting starters after halftime 2 weeks in a row. Maybe a little closer but still Wynne big. 55-20

chaingang

Quote from: playmaker04 on September 12, 2014, 11:16:11 pm
Wynne sitting starters after halftime 2 weeks in a row. Maybe a little closer but still Wynne big. 55-20
I hope your right it just doesn't roll off my tongue very well that we hang 50 on the blue devils....but i do know we can score lots and this is the best ''D'' I've seen in years..

Hoghead

We beat a 7A team tonight ! Can't wait to hear the Wynnetopians revel in delight over this one. If Ashdown can beat West Memphis, I know Wynne can !

tmycjy

Quote from: Hoghead on September 13, 2014, 09:57:20 pm
We beat a 7A team tonight ! Can't wait to hear the Wynnetopians revel in delight over this one. If Ashdown can beat West Memphis, I know Wynne can !

Hey we will not beat West memphis we will kill west memphis

warpath55

I hope your Blytheville score is correct (albeit I hope we score 60...the potential is there)  If we match or come close to the Wynne total, it should be an interesting week 4.

warpath55

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: warpath55 on September 13, 2014, 10:22:13 pm
I hope your Blytheville score is correct (albeit I hope we score 60...the potential is there)  If we match or come close to the Wynne total, it should be an interesting week 4.

It's still strange seeing Fisher as the coach there.

chaingang

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 13, 2014, 10:26:11 pm
Quote from: warpath55 on September 13, 2014, 10:22:13 pm

It's still strange seeing Fisher as the coach there.
he has paid his dues there and he was in line and knows the kids and they love him.......he may turn them around.

barberkev

Really curious to see how this one turns out. Will be more like the wm vs Forrest city game or like the Marion thrashing by wynne? Gonna try to make this one!

Hoghead

If wynne beats WM they'll be like we beat a 7A school ! Yea Baby !
If Wynne loses to WM, they'll be like.....We played up 2 classifications, we were supposed to lose.
Heck Ashdown played up 3 classifications and beat them !
Anyway, Wynne should win this one big time !!!!!  We beat a 7A School tonight, YEA BABY !!!!!!
5A aint ready for us !!!! Bring on GCT !!!!!!

FD4

Junction City could beat West Memphis, by as much as Coach Dave would let them.  Just play the game and lets move on to district play.

kwwolves2012

49-14 Wynne.

Starters will sit at least one quarter.

Uncle Ivan

Old brain is saying there's no way Wynne will blow out WM.

I mean, it's West Memphis.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 18, 2014, 08:54:38 pm

Stop being scary.......call the blowout ! Wynne 62-0 !

chaingang

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 18, 2014, 08:54:38 pm

UI....I felt the same way, and I said it already, but they may be going through a slump like we did a few years back.

Hoghead

Wynne has everybody back plus a D-1 two school State Championship chasing Qb. They're ranked #1 in 5A and hushpuppying up to a down West Memphis team. If Ashdown could drive 300 miles and beat them surely Wynne can drive 45 miles and do it ? 79-0 Wynne ! I'll call the blowout over this 7A team for ya !

chaingang

Quote from: Hoghead on September 19, 2014, 08:40:37 am
Wynne has everybody back plus a D-1 two school State Championship chasing Qb. They're ranked #1 in 5A and hushpuppying up to a down West Memphis team. If Ashdown could drive 300 miles and beat them surely Wynne can drive 45 miles and do it ? 79-0 Wynne ! I'll call the blowout over this 7A team for ya !
We ain't driving 4 miles much less 45......this tuff battle is in our back yard.

Hoghead

Quote from: chaingang on September 19, 2014, 01:16:54 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on September 19, 2014, 08:40:37 am
We ain't driving 4 miles much less 45......this tuff battle is in our back yard.

Great ! They're playing at the trailer park tonight. Wynnetopia 149 West by Northwest Memphis 0 !

AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS

Is Strasser back in the line up, yet?

chaingang

Quote from: AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS on September 19, 2014, 03:52:53 pm
Is Strasser back in the line up, yet?
Not yet but i saw that young man last week in Tunica and he looks great......his Dad said they were hoping for Nov. or maybe the end of Oct.......either way that young man has come leaps ......from being in a Coma at Childrens in Little Rock to running to his team from his endzone.......he looks Great !!!!!!!

AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS

Trail was sacked 6 times?  Really?

walkingguy72396

Trail, played on one leg, from the 1st quarter on.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on September 19, 2014, 09:55:29 pm
Trail, played on one leg, from the 1st quarter on.

Don't let that fool you, West Memphis got through our line on a consistent basis. He never had a chance.

AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS

I agree with you both.....blocking and protecting the QB was missing tonight.....

walkingguy72396

Still say he was a sitting duck.  Lucked out that he didnt get hurt any worse.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS on September 19, 2014, 10:11:07 pm
I agree with you both.....blocking and protecting the QB was missing tonight.....
Running game was, sadly, hit and miss. Receivers didn't block well down the field either. The defense is stellar, but the offense struggled against an athletic team tonight. Trail is no D-1 QB. I'm sorry, but he consistently missed guys coming out of breaks and mistimed a throw that should have been a TD. I realize he had a bummed ankle tonight, but mobility is a huge issue. Seems to have been transitioned to a purely pocket QB, but our Oline struggles with athletic D-lineman. Batesville will push us more than anyone. But honestly, Blytheville is going to be a challenge I think. We have a target on our backs on the road at a team with momentum. Could be interesting.

justalionfan

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on September 19, 2014, 11:16:33 pm
Running game was, sadly, hit and miss. Receivers didn't block well down the field either. The defense is stellar, but the offense struggled against an athletic team tonight. Trail is no D-1 QB. I'm sorry, but he consistently missed guys coming out of breaks and mistimed a throw that should have been a TD. I realize he had a bummed ankle tonight, but mobility is a huge issue. Seems to have been transitioned to a purely pocket QB, but our Oline struggles with athletic D-lineman. Batesville will push us more than anyone. But honestly, Blytheville is going to be a challenge I think. We have a target on our backs on the road at a team with momentum. Could be interesting.
For once I will have to agree with you 100%

kwwolves2012

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on September 19, 2014, 11:12:33 pm
Still say he was a sitting duck.  Lucked out that he didnt get hurt any worse.

Yes, that is true. I don't see why he played the 2nd quarter. All we did was short patterns and handed the ball off. Should have brought in a backup and not risked further injury. He took a beating for no real reason. Trail is good, but even last year, Morris showed us any decent athlete can run this offense.

warpath55

I would be a little worried with the overall team speed/physicality of Blytheville(on both sides of the ball). While there isn't much depth in the 2-platoon, they are some dang Kamikazes...especially in the secondary/hybrid spots and the O-Line/rb positions.. They should have been up 60-0 at halftime(but a stupid penalty and an interception return where we fumbled it back to them, and an rb fumble in the redzone stalled us out.....next week will be fascinating for sure. (At least I hope, anyway.)

Hoghead

justalionfan

playmaker04

Quote from: justajacketfan on September 19, 2014, 11:36:54 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on September 19, 2014, 11:30:26 pm
Congrats to Wynne
I know you're not gonna let us off that easy.
Cat got his tongue after that Prescott arse whipping.

Hoghead

Quote from: justajacketfan on September 19, 2014, 11:36:54 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on September 19, 2014, 11:30:26 pm
Congrats to Wynne
I know you're not gonna let us off that easy.
A win is a win. Blytheville is making some noise. Come this time next week Wynne will be 4-0 and beat the CHICKASAWS 45-12.

chaingang

September 20, 2014, 03:15:27 pm #34 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 04:02:21 pm by chaingang
Well from what I found out about last night we had around 440 total yards offence....193 yards  on the ground and West Memphricia had 109 total yards offence.......73 came on one series. I will take a 30 pt. win over any 7A,6A or 5A team.....this year.....i would even take a 3 pt. win over everybody from here on out including the play-offs. I am glad all the Coaches and Scouting Services don't pay you for your opinion about Trail.....they know what they are looking for in D-1 players and if they say he is one......i have to believe them. The kid played with a Dinged up ankel last night and you have him being 3rd string now I guess.....I'm glad Coach Hill doesn't read this crap too. 

playmaker04

Quote from: justajacketfan on September 19, 2014, 11:18:30 pm
For once I will have to agree with you 100%
well U of C thinks he is. But I don't think he necessarily has to be d-1 for this team to win. The defense is incredible. If the line will keep him from getting killed he is plenty good enough to lead this team to the Rock.

FD4

I'm missing something here I guess.  Perhaps the game I watched was not the same game your talking about.  Trail did get bumped around a bit.  I liked seeing what kind of grit the kid has in him.  Coach knew what he was doing.  We only used about 1/3rd of the play book.  As for physical, WM may have had some success penetrating, but in the end, yall saw the score.  Defense, physical, anytime you have a middle linebacker grabbing up the entire backfield and pancaking them, that is physical.  Not going to sell the Chicks short, they are 3/0.  But they best buckle down their chin strap because the first real team they have faced all season is coming to town with a mission.

walkingguy72396

True, must of been two offensive version of the Wynne vs West Memphis game.

My version, had to run the plays that Trail could run with-out having to move much.

The Defense put together a fine game.  Defense missed a few tackles, West Memphis made a couple of nice down field receptions.  Mostly Wynnes D stopped them in their tracks or for lost yards.

Hoghead

Quote from: FD4 on September 23, 2014, 11:07:38 am
I'm missing something here I guess.  Perhaps the game I watched was not the same game your talking about.  Trail did get bumped around a bit.  I liked seeing what kind of grit the kid has in him.  Coach knew what he was doing.  We only used about 1/3rd of the play book.  As for physical, WM may have had some success penetrating, but in the end, yall saw the score.  Defense, physical, anytime you have a middle linebacker grabbing up the entire backfield and pancaking them, that is physical.  Not going to sell the Chicks short, they are 3/0.  But they best buckle down their chin strap because the first real team they have faced all season is coming to town with a mission.
That's all fine and good. Wynne won, that's all that counts. My question is, does Wynne fans get Yellowjackets playbooks ? How do know what 1/3 of the playbook is ? How many plays did you run more than 3 times on WM ?

FD4

Read option right/left, quick out right/left, hitch and go, end option...........uh, I think thats about it. Maybe what, like 5 perhaps 6 different plays.  Oops, forgot, from 3 different sets.  I guess that would be a multiple thing then.  Not sure how deep that play book really is, my guess is, 10 maybe 15 plays from maybe 3 different sets. 

Who yall got Friday night anyway?

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 24, 2014, 10:18:31 am
Quote from: FD4 on September 23, 2014, 11:07:38 am
That's all fine and good. Wynne won, that's all that counts. My question is, does Wynne fans get Yellowjackets playbooks ? How do know what 1/3 of the playbook is ? How many plays did you run more than 3 times on WM ?

Coach is pretty open about keeping his play calling as limited as possible in order to not tip his hat to teams like Batesville and eventual playoff foes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas