• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Week 2 Top 10 Poll

Started by AT, September 11, 2014, 07:43:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Alright so the votes are in and here is the week 2 decided by the fans on Fearless Friday

Please feel free to comment, criticize, and analyze in this thread by the way.

Format
(Movement in polls)Rank...Team - Points received (number of 1st place votes)

Top 10
()1...Wynne - 240 (18) - A big win over a 6A team, bad or not, did not make the pollsters drop our preseason number 1 team.

()2...Pulaski Academy - 213 (7) - A close loss to a tradition rich Texas team still kept the pollsters respect and this PA team did not drop for it.

()3...Batesville - 200 - A big win over our preseason #9 team wasn't enough to make Batesville jump the top 2 teams.

()4...Camden Fairview - 162 - A close loss to the defending 6A champs didn't make our pollsters drop this CF team.

(+3)5...Greenbrier - 127 - Thanks to a big win over Beebe and losses of teams ahead of them, Greenbrier jumps 3 spots

(+4)6...Harrison - 119 - A big win over a not so good 6A team and some losses ahead of them let this team jump 4 spots.

(+4)7...Sylvan Hills - 104 - A huge win over our preseason number 12 team let Sylvan Hills make a big jump in the polls.

(+10)8...Forrest City - 50 - Ironically, a team that had a close loss to a 7A team makes the biggest jump in our polls.

(+5)9...Maumelle - 35 - A team new to 5A, Maumelle jumped in the polls after a close win over our pre-season #16 team.

(-4)10...Morrilton - 34 - Our defending 5A champs had a big loss to a team they lost to last year, but still hung onto the top 10.

Others receiving votes
11. White Hall - 31, 12. Hot Springs - 17, 13. Magnolia - 11, 14. Watson Chapel - 10, T15. Hope - 7, T15. Blytheville - 7, T17. North Pulaski - 3, T17. Jacksonville - 3, 19. Hot Springs Lakeside - 2

POLLSTERS(25)
Almatrackster, InYoGrill, VHSCoach2, jaxalum2008, Titan Spirit, kwwolves2012, chaingang, Hoghead, wildboy44, wing, Youngsta71701, Lionheart88, Intelligentsia, Complete Biased POV, pantherblue, Go Postal, Elvis Hoggoblin, GuvHog, Chughes11, 12th Man CHS, Chief_Osceola, HF, RamFan06, DiehardFBfan, FalconSwallowingHornet

QUESTIONS THAT MAY BE ASKED

When will we be able to vote after this next week's games?
I will accept any votes ONLY after the last 5A game's score has been reported to FearlessFriday or I can find it from a good source somewhere else OR Saturday at 2:00 PM, whichever comes first.

When will you close the voting and post the poll every week?
I will close the voting at 8:00 PM the evening before the first 5A game that week. So usually Thursday at 8 PM. I will post the poll that same night. I'm still debating about this, though.

I didn't vote in this poll, can I vote in future weeks?
YES. BUT, it's a first come, first serve basis in the fact that you must be one of the first three fans from you school to submit a poll. If you are the fourth fan from your school it won't count.

If I voted in this poll, am I guaranteed a spot in next week's voting?
No. You must be one of the first 3 from your school to submit a poll. This may not seem fair, but if you have any more questions why I am making this rule, ask me.

Do you really think this poll means anything?
No one takes us less seriously than ourselves. We do this for fun.

AT

September 11, 2014, 07:44:01 pm #1 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:26:52 am by Almatrackster
GAMES OF INTRIGUE IN 5A THIS WEEK

This section is to talk about who each of the top 10 are playing week 2.
The ranks for the 5A teams are going to be used from our fan poll obviously while the rankings of any school outside of 5A will be used by our own FearlessFriday RPS system ranking.

1. Wynne (5A) at Tunica Rosa Fort, MS - Wynne isn't facing a great out of state team according to some people, but it is on a long road trip, so let's see how our preseason #1 team holds up.

2. Pulaski Academy (5A) at New Smyrna Beach, FL - It's tough to tell how good this 0-2 Florida team is, but PA is currently whipping their butts on the road.

3. Batesville (5A) vs. NR. Searcy (6A) - Batesville probably won't have much to gain against this not so great Searcy team, but Searcy did destroy their conference opponent, GCT. So perhaps Batesville can show how on top of their conference they are.

4. Camden Fairview (5A) at 11. Hamburg (4A) - No matter how solid of a 4A team Hamburg is, CF is looking for a big win to gain some more respect.

5. Greenbrier (5A) at NR. Heber Springs - Greenbrier needs another big win this week against a 4A opponent that isn't supposedly as good as years past.

6. Harrison at NR. Siloam Springs - Siloam Springs may not be great, they still look to be better than Mountain Home and Harrison could maybe jump more in the polls with a big road, rivalry win.

7. Sylvan Hills at 19. Hot Springs Lakeside - Sylvan Hills is trying to ride their dark horse up the polls, but Lakeside also wants to show they are back on the scene. Sylvan Hills may not be able to gain much respect with a win here, but a win shouldn't make them drop.

8. Forrest City (5A) vs. 2. Pine Bluff Dollarway (4A) - This is one of the few teams in the top ten that could gain a lot of respect with a win. Dollarway is a very good 4A team and FC would look to jump in the polls with a win here.

9. Maumelle (5A) at T17. North Pulaski - Maumelle probably won't gain much respect with a win here, but a big win could keep them in the top 10.

10. Morrilton (5A) at 8. Pottsville (4A)- Morrilton could do what they last year. Lose to Russellville, beat a solid 4A team, and slowly make their way up the polls again with a win here.

AT

September 11, 2014, 07:44:22 pm #2 Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:32:16 pm by Almatrackster
Stats from this poll:
Representation from each conference:

Central - 4 pollsters
East - 3 pollsters
South - 8 pollsters
West - 6 pollsters

The other pollsters would PROBABLY be in these regions:
12th Man CHS - Charleston - West
HF - Hector - West
DiehardFBfan - West

Conferences with the most points:
East - 497
Central - 323
West - 315
South - 240

Go Postal

Great Job trackster!  Very nice.

From a West conference perspective, It was nice to see 4 West teams in the top 10 in just going in to the 2nd week.
Morrilton (5A State Champions):  Can never leave your guard down on this team.
Maumelle:  Newcomers in to the West.  Have to start watching what they do.
Greenbrier:  Another West team that you can't leave you guard down.
Harrison:  Very similar to Greenbrier.  Yes, 6A Mtn Home are trying to do the Vilonia whatziz and pass this year.  But they are not experienced as the Eagles on that.  But I see promise.  Anyway, "Old rivals" 6A SS has been a thorn in our side in any sports, back when they were in our conference and since then in any nonconference sport.  Should be a good rivalry game, but it is at SS.  So a win for Harrison would be nice in this sport.  Whatever the outcome, the Week 3 game against other "Old rivals" 6A Alma (5A semifinalist) will be interesting to see what the Goblins can do before the 5A conference games start.

wing

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas