• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Hall @ Little Rock Christian

Started by Lionheart88, September 11, 2014, 05:47:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart88

Hopefully this and won't be called due to lightning like it was two years ago when we went up there.  Hooten's has the Bulldogs by 7, I doubt it's that close, but maybe the Warriors' influx of Camden Fairview coaching and playing talent will be the difference.  What do y'all think?

Overdahill

Lionheart88

Took 'em a while to March down the field, but White Hall scores on the opening possession with 7:33 left in the quarter.  Got the 2 as well.  Dogs lead 8-0.

Lionheart88

September 12, 2014, 07:29:32 pm #3 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:31:38 pm by Lionheart88
After a highly unusual shanked punt, LRCA takes advantage of the short field.  You can see the wet field is affecting both teams, the Warrior QB dropped the snap but managed to pick it up and find a receiver for the TD.  Dogs lead 8-7 with 2:53 left in the quarter.

...and on the first bulldog play the RB fumbles.  Like I said, the conditions are causing some trouble.

Lionheart88

White Hall's defense isn't looking good tonight.  Touchdown LRCA, they lead 14-8 with 2:18 in the quarter.

Lionheart88

Dogs score to open the 2nd quarter.  All tied up 14-14 after more trouble with a wet ball on the XP.  At least, I think that's what it was.  10:33 to play in the half.

GhostofRosswoodCC

White Hall D-coordinator been in hospital for 2 weeks.  definetely hurting defense     last week and this week

Lionheart88

Defense tightening up on both sides as we approach halftime.  Funny play just a minute ago, LRCA punted and their own man caught the ball right in front of the WH return man.  Maybe he thought he was playing rugby?

Lionheart88

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on September 12, 2014, 08:01:38 pm
White Hall D-coordinator been in hospital for 2 weeks.  definetely hurting defense     last week and this week
That explains a few things.  I was wondering why I hadn't seen him on the sidelines.

Lionheart88

Ugly few plays over here.  First the WH punter was ruled to have put his knee on the ground, turning the ball over in the bulldog redzone.  Bulldogs held for three downs, then jumped offside on the field goal attempt.  LRCA ran their offense back into the field and WH couldn't get their field goal block unit switched out for some reason, Crockett practically walked into the endzone as time expired in the half.  Warriors lead 21-14 at the half.

Lionheart88

2nd & 21 from the 34, and Camden Fairview recruit transfer Crockett runs in for the TD.  XP blocked.  LRCA leads 27-14 with 8:26 to play in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

Sprinkle gets caught with a push after the play on 3rd down, which brings up 4th & about 35, naturally the snap goes over the punter's head, he managed to track it down and get the ball off anyhow.  Somehow, despite being given excellent position, LRCA settles for a field goal.  They lead 30-14 with 5:30 to play in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

White Hall's offense making some decent adjustments on the fly, they just scored (failed 2pt) to make it LRCA 30-20 WH with 2:01 remaining in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

Now it's Crockett with a 42 yard TD run.  False start on the PAT, they miss on the retry.  LRCA leads 36-20 with 0:56 to play in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

Backed up to 3rd & 13, the Warriors throw a 79 yard TD pass.  Looks like it's just not our night.  10:31 in the game and LRCA leads 44-20 after converting the 2.

Lionheart88

White Hall with a TD strike from 24 yards out.  With 6:42 remaining in the game, LRCA leads 44-26 (bulldogs failed the 2).

Lionheart88

White Hall scores on a reverse to make it 44-33 with 2:55 in the game.

Lionheart88

Well, that was ugly.  We were all out of sorts, could hardly get anything going all night.  I'd like to blame the DC being out, a couple of starters sidelined with injuries, etc, but we just didn't execute.  LRCA was easily the better team tonight.  Wouldn't surprise me if they make a little noise in the West this year, assuming they keep playing like they did this week.

Dudeness

LRCA made massive changes in their defense after their opening season debacle against Fountain Lake (though maybe Fountain Lake is pretty good after seeing what they did to Jessieville). Now a couple of LRCA's top players are playing both ways - something they've tried to avoid despite being undermanned compared to other 5A teams. Last night LRCA played a 3-4 for the first time - it worked pretty well once they started containing the edge.

Turnovers played a big part in this game. White Hall had a couple of big ones. So did special teams. White Hall had a shanked punt and an accidentally downed punt that turned into 14 points for LRCA.

It seemed White Hall's players got tired in the second half.

The game easily could have gone either way. It was just LRCA's night. They got all the breaks. White Hall's QB is impressive. A great athlete who is really hard to bring down. Can really fling the ball too. He'll carry that team to plenty of wins.

Sprinkle got frustrated and didn't handle it very well.

Crockett definitely made a difference for LRCA, but he wasn't all they had. QB Boshears and WR Gentry had great games. Boshears looked better running the read option than he's ever looked.

Bad news for LRCA: WR Joe Hampton broke and finger on the first series and is out 3-4 weeks. People in the state don't realize how good that kid is. He's a D1 talent.

Absolut

Just like I thought white hall=garbage

Lionheart88

September 13, 2014, 09:35:33 pm #20 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:37:54 pm by Lionheart88
Considering that Chapel hasn't beaten us in three years and has lost their games this year by a combined score of 79-18, I wouldn't be talking amack to anybody more formidable than North Pulaski.  But then again, Chapel folks are rarely accused of suffering from an overabundance of good judgement.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas