• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia at Harding Academy

Started by InYoGrill, September 07, 2014, 09:44:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Predictions

Harding Academy= Nichols St/Ark game. Score 70-10 Vilonia
2 (14.3%)
Harding Academy= McNeese St /Nebraska game but ends up pulling the upset over Vilonia
3 (21.4%)
Game ends up tied 35-35
1 (7.1%)
Vilonia runs for over 500 yards in game but only wins 17-7
5 (35.7%)
Harding Academy passes for over 500 yards and wins by 1 pt
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

InYoGrill

Thoughts? Not really a game that I expected to see when the schedule came out? Previous wk2 opponents were Wynne, Searcy, and Jacksonville.

Looking forward to a W this week.

V 50 HA 10

PWDad

This Vilonia team is so young, I think we cant assume anything at this point. However, if their offense can come out with same attitude they should win this one. I think the game is gonna come down to Vilonia's defensive line play. They have got to get more penetration this week.
I am guessing we are gonna see some hard playing kids on the field this week. They know they did not put it all together Friday night against SH.

PWDad

I am a little surprised that HA is picked to beat Vilonia in this one

Mattison

I think V will come out for this game.  From what I've seen on HA, it will be a good game, but Vilonia wins this one readily.  28-14 Eagles.  Anyone know where the game will be played in Searcy?  I heard they use the college stadium?

Vteagle

I certainly hope the Eagles win this game! After watching the Eagles get rightly slapped with numerous Personal Foul calls last week, one can only hope they were disciplined during practice this week so that we take steps backwards! 

jr17

I hope 50-10 isn't a serious prediction... if so you'll have a long night... HA has a great QB in Alex Francis. This one should
be good.

The Future

Harding by in between 10 and 14 points

3cats

Quote from: Mattison on September 10, 2014, 08:15:36 am
I think V will come out for this game.  From what I've seen on HA, it will be a good game, but Vilonia wins this one readily.  28-14 Eagles.  Anyone know where the game will be played in Searcy?  I heard they use the college stadium?
Yes it is the university field.    Hope all fans travel safe

pantherblue

Jayepea

I hope they clean it up too

Vilonia 26 17

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on September 11, 2014, 07:34:06 am
Red birds 35
HA. 34

Awe what a nice fella Panther punk predicting Eagle Victory. Thanks I think.

pantherblue

The clock runs out with HA driving for the win lol

Jayepea

17 6 HA half

I guess Stanley don't realize 25 can scrore from anywhere on the feild at any time.
Maybe he's saveing it for confence play, yeah right I've thought that for years.
I'm tired of loseing. This is a good team they should win. Run Run Run & Run somemoore

Vteagle

How many personal foul penalties been called on Vtown? Let me guess #2 for Vtown has gotten up pushing a HA player and Vtowncoaching staff does nothing about it?

sevenof400

If this score holds, well.....wow.

Harding leads 24 - 14 heading to the 4th q.

InYoGrill

Speechless..... I believe HA is 3A, correct me if I'm wrong.  I know they have always been a very good team though.  I really thought V would pound the ball down HA's throat. I figured it would be a somewhat close scoring game cause HA has always had a good passing game.

Anyone make the trip over there? Thoughts on the game? Turnover's and penalties happen a lot on us or did HA just make all the plays?

needtoplay

Grill, after all these years you still make predictions that V will put up 50 on someone ? WOW ! Would every V poster from the last 5 years please stop talking about how young we are and try and figure out why we are young every year, do the soph never become jr's and do the jr's ever stay and play the next year ? We start every year with the same statement , we are young this year , well walk the Hall's and find some older players

InYoGrill

Quote from: needtoplay on September 13, 2014, 12:29:45 am
Grill, after all these years you still make predictions that V will put up 50 on someone ? WOW ! Would every V poster from the last 5 years please stop talking about how young we are and try and figure out why we are young every year, do the soph never become jr's and do the jr's ever stay and play the next year ? We start every year with the same statement , we are young this year , well walk the Hall's and find some older players

I know what you are saying. Had a son go through from early years all the way through his last. We had some very good Eagle years, years back. But, we have been in a slow downward spiral for a while. There are plenty of "football" kids in our school district but it just ain't happening on the field. The very good programs keep their kids in from pee wee through their Sr years. Even with say average talent and coaching, you could still be very competitive and when annually fair share of games if classes would stay together all the way through.

And the 50 pt predictions? Well, we use to score a lot. 

neweagle

September 13, 2014, 07:49:59 am #18 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:52:40 am by neweagle
Your quote reminds me of a couple of years ago when Vilonia played PA in the playoffs. Vilonia dback flipped off the PA home crowd and the coaches said nothing to him when he came off the field. It is sad the Vtown administration allows this kind of non professionalism from the coaching staff which relates down to the team.
Quote from: Vteagle on September 12, 2014, 08:26:40 pm
How many personal foul penalties been called on Vtown? Let me guess #2 for Vtown has gotten up pushing a HA player and Vtowncoaching staff does nothing about it?

Hogskin

The  administration wont let the coaches kick these kids off the team. #25 does not have the speed to score from anywhere on the field but can fumble anytime. #2 is a personal foul waiting to happen but looks to be best def player we have.When you get kids from the hallways this is what you get, players who have know idea how the game is played. The lack of an off season program and no summer 7 on 7 is really showing, other teams are way ahead of them right now. # 5 had one of the best individual efforts I have ever seen on his 95 yd punt return for a TD..which made the score seem closer. Offense averaging 15 points a game defense giving up 30 will not get it done could be long season for eagles

Mattison

They don't necessarily need to be kicked off, just disciplined!  There is no reason to have as many penalties as Vilonia does game after game period.  And don't get me started on personal fouls and un-sportsman like penalties,  its been going on way too long.   It's a shame that just a few players are giving this whole team a bad rep regarding bad behavior.   I'd rather lose a game and be respected than lose a game and everyone talk about how un-sportsmen like we are.  Clean it up!

InYoGrill

The lack of 7 on 7 interest is puzzling to say the least! I have often wondered this back as far as 8 years ago. My son's SR year team (2011) had 23 SR's and many BALL players. They would be out at the field several times during summer nights playing football for fun. You know throwing it around and being around each other together all the time. During his varsity years they played pass happy teams like CAC, Alma, SS, and GW along with GB and other teams. The point here is even though passing doesn't fit Stanley's Double Wing philosophy, it would have at least improved not only our O's ability to pass when needed BUT also HELP the D practice against all the spread and pass happy teams in conference PLUS its still conditioning and the boys like to have fun doing it some. And you go against a lot of the teams that you will play against that lends familiarity with their tendencies. 

Quote from: Hogskin on September 13, 2014, 08:25:41 am
The  administration wont let the coaches kick these kids off the team. #25 does not have the speed to score from anywhere on the field but can fumble anytime. #2 is a personal foul waiting to happen but looks to be best def player we have.When you get kids from the hallways this is what you get, players who have know idea how the game is played. The lack of an off season program and no summer 7 on 7 is really showing, other teams are way ahead of them right now. # 5 had one of the best individual efforts I have ever seen on his 95 yd punt return for a TD..which made the score seem closer. Offense averaging 15 points a game defense giving up 30 will not get it done could be long season for eagles

sevenof400

Hang on a second here....

Quote from: Hogskin on September 13, 2014, 08:25:41 am
The  administration wont let the coaches kick these kids off the team.

How do you know this for a fact? 

needtoplay

When my kids played for V , if they showed their rear on the field , the coaches knew that I would have taken care of the problem , and so did my boys , so we never had any problems , we as parents did not allow it , so the coaches or administration never worried about it . No team needs problems .

vtowneagles

Vilonia is just so small! Their skill position players are tiny.. To run the double wing u have to be able to get tough yards (3 yards and a cloud of dust).. It looks like to me they don't have anyone that WANTS to win! Just want to be out there to play football! V's defense is a joke.. If ur gonna be small u gotta be mean and tough vilonia players are neither! As for the unsportsmanlike fouls I have no response to as it's been like that for years at least since I have a Sophmore in 2010! I'm not going to put anyone on blast here but I don't see it stopping! It's like it's almost encouraged! 

needtoplay

I'll blast ,Would you want to play in that kind surroundings, Stanley does not care, just waiting to be AD , and Vilonia school board is to scared to make the correct move , which should have been done Years ago . Every town around us has made a change and has gotten better , even moved up in classification and still have left Vilonia behind. We have been satisfied with a 4th spot in our conference for years , now the 5a west is not the big dogs anymore and we can't buy a 4th spot.     Wake up !  We have to name 9th graders on a roster just to look like we have a football team. Why ?

Hogskin

Im sorry but being a terd is a reflection on parenting these same kids getting personal fouls were getting them in Jr high and bullying kids since pee wee. If you get rid of the bad apples in Vilonia there will be no more apples left to play ball, as in 2010 .By the way there was only 1 personal foul last game for a border line shuff ou of bounds after chase on qb. In Vilonia the only chance to win is to play full thotle every play the kids just need to learn to keep it between the whistles.The two teams that led the NFL in personal fouls last yr were the Seahawks and Broncos hmm. ..

needtoplay

TheMercenary

InYoGrill

Quote from: TheMercenary on September 14, 2014, 03:24:04 pm
Who's the AD at V-Town?

Ed Sellers- AD and asst super, previous principle of hs about 3-4 years ago.

Vteagle

Lets use some brains about this!  When u run the Doub wing, obvious running attack, you have to have discipline!  Example was yesterday.... Looking what the Hogs, Bama, etc who like to run the ball.... You can have no mistakes, Discipline!!! Vilonia hasn't had it for years, thus the trouble winning games! Fast forward to this year, when a coaches son for Vilonia is allowed to constantly run his head on the field and nothing is said, the rest of the team will follow! Good point on parenting, my kid would get pulled!!!

TheMercenary

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 14, 2014, 04:39:55 pm
Quote from: TheMercenary on September 14, 2014, 03:24:04 pm
Who's the AD at V-Town?

Ed Sellers- AD and asst super, previous principle of hs about 3-4 years ago.

Then I'm surprised this behavior is being allowed.  He ran that HS like a pretty tight ship for a LONG time.

WingLover4Life

It looks like Vilonia needs to turn their attention to their football program now that the have a new basketball coach!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas