• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Harrison Golden Goblins @ 6A Siloam Springs Panthers Rivalry game

Started by Go Postal, September 07, 2014, 05:05:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Recap from Week one:
Siloam Springs lost by 14 to Rogers
Harrison won by 40 against Mtn. Home
None of this matters in Week 2.  It's local rivalry time once again and it is at Siloam Springs!

These two teams have been a thorn in the side for each other since I can remember, when we were in the same conference.  Not just Football but also in Basketball, Soccer, Baseball and every other sport.  A couple come to mind...

in Football:  '08, Harrison beat the #1 Greenwood at Greenwood in a 99 point game by 3, GOBS had 7-3 for the season, but could not beat SS to go to the playoffs. ???

in Boy's Soccer:  '05, Harrison wins in the last 6 seconds in the State Championship game against SS.  Panthers then had shirts made for that sport, "My favorite team is the Siloam Spring Panthers and anyone else that can beat Harrison". :o

in Boys Basketball:   a few years back, Harrison/Siloam were tied to get into the playoffs, it depended on what those teams did in the last conference game.  Harrison needed to beat Alma by at least 8 above what SS did to get into the playoffs.  Harrison beat Alma by 10 points in a 99-89 game. ;D

Now that we are in different conferences, we are STILL a thorn in each other's side in non conference for ALL SPORTS.  The rivalry continues...

Comments and insights are welcomed...

InYoGrill

SS is tough to beat at home. I think Harrison pulls this game out in the 4th. Should be very close. I sure miss when the conference had SS, GW, and Alma in it. I think it was like that for quite a while. Too many changes to often but oh well.... play ball!

HeadTiger

Elvis Hoggoblin

greyski

Siloam at home so I will give advantage to the Panther's.  Neither team showed a running game in the 1st week.  Possible rain friday so it could come down to who can find a running game.

Siloam 35-21.

Go Postal

I quite agree that the advantage will be at SS.  What is it called?  "The Panther Pit"?  But I still think that the Goblins pull a "Panther Pit" landfill.  But not by much on this old rivalry game in this game or any sport.  It will depend on what the defense and special teams do.  Of course I think that SS should have a good kicker(s), but this is football, not futbal. ;) ;) nudge, nudge. :).  I really cannot predict this score, due to seeing what both teams have done against each other over the years in any sport.  But I will go for a Goblin win.

Go Postal

Waiting for this game.  Will be listening it on local radio and will see if it is on GOBTV!

Elvis Hoggoblin

Go Postal

I have to admit that this was a good "old rivalry" game.  3 quarters of on-the-edge-of-your-seat game, still tied up, then the Panthers seemed to adjust, still a on-the-edge-of-your-seat game.  Congrats Panthers on this great game, but you are still a pain in the backside for the Goblins.  LOL ;D.

6A Alma @ 5A Harrison next...

greyski

It was a very good game.  Siloam was able to find a running game, the offensive line was very good last night for the entire game.  The QB and running back both had over a hundred yards rushing.  In the second half Siloam's D was able to stop the QB (very talented) from running freely when he did not find an open receiver. 

Will be interesting to see the matchup between Alma and Harrison. 

Go Postal

It was nice seeing that the Lady Panthers got their 6A Championship rings.  Keep up the good work.
I believe that the Lady Goblins will get their 5A Championship rings during the Alma game.  I think that the 5A Goblin Xcountry team will get theirs also.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas