• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Week 2 Top Ten Vote

Started by AT, September 05, 2014, 10:55:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

That's 22. You guys are doing great.

These schools cannot have any more fans submit polls:
Camden Fairview

These schools can only have one more fan submit a poll:
Vilonia
Jacksonville
Wynne

Big Fan

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 06, 2014, 08:37:26 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 06, 2014, 12:45:32 am
Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 05, 2014, 11:46:29 pm
Fan of Jacksonville:

1.   Wynne ( 60+ points is quite impressive, any way you look at it)
2.   Harrison (proved the expected)
3.   Batesville (Great showing)
4.   Sylvan Hills (Bears get it done)
5.   Greenbrier ( agree with Alma's commentary)
6.   Camden Fairview (good showing against a solid 6A squad)
7.   Magnolia (wins solid ball game on the road)
8.   Maumelle  ( Escaped Jan Crow as time expired with a 30 yard field goal to win 9 - 7)
9.   Jacksonville   (Tough heartbreaker to Maumelle as time expired, 30 YD FG)
10. North Pulaski (Gotta give them credit for the 6-6 tie)

Is it just me or is there someone missing here:)

The teams I chose are the ones who had a respectable game. As a note, I have mostly teams that won their assigned game, for the exception of North Pulaski (which had a tie), and Camden Fairview (which seemed by the way of talk, a really competitive game).

Any team allowing a team to go on a 34 point run is not quite a top 10 caliber team to me. Teams like that will have to prove their worth. Granted, a lot of people in this state may think they are a good team, but still need to find a way to represent themselves when traveling out of state, and learning how to make the proper game time adjustments. Hopefully Pulaski Academy can find a way to beat the #173 team in FLA/ # 2934 in the United States. As far as winning, I expect nothing less than a two touchdown win to confirm that they have found their identity without some of their star player(s).

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/new-smyrna-beach-barracudas-(new-smyrna-beach,fl)/football/schedule.htm
Do society a favor..........don't reproduce. 

football nut

Quote from: Big Fan on September 08, 2014, 04:12:01 pm
Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 06, 2014, 08:37:26 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 06, 2014, 12:45:32 am
Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 05, 2014, 11:46:29 pm
Fan of Jacksonville:

1.   Wynne ( 60+ points is quite impressive, any way you look at it)
2.   Harrison (proved the expected)
3.   Batesville (Great showing)
4.   Sylvan Hills (Bears get it done)
5.   Greenbrier ( agree with Alma's commentary)
6.   Camden Fairview (good showing against a solid 6A squad)
7.   Magnolia (wins solid ball game on the road)
8.   Maumelle  ( Escaped Jan Crow as time expired with a 30 yard field goal to win 9 - 7)
9.   Jacksonville   (Tough heartbreaker to Maumelle as time expired, 30 YD FG)
10. North Pulaski (Gotta give them credit for the 6-6 tie)

Is it just me or is there someone missing here:)

The teams I chose are the ones who had a respectable game. As a note, I have mostly teams that won their assigned game, for the exception of North Pulaski (which had a tie), and Camden Fairview (which seemed by the way of talk, a really competitive game).

Any team allowing a team to go on a 34 point run is not quite a top 10 caliber team to me. Teams like that will have to prove their worth. Granted, a lot of people in this state may think they are a good team, but still need to find a way to represent themselves when traveling out of state, and learning how to make the proper game time adjustments. Hopefully Pulaski Academy can find a way to beat the #173 team in FLA/ # 2934 in the United States. As far as winning, I expect nothing less than a two touchdown win to confirm that they have found their identity without some of their star player(s).

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/new-smyrna-beach-barracudas-(new-smyrna-beach,fl)/football/schedule.htm
Do society a favor..........don't reproduce.
His Daddy was told the same thing and looked what happened!

DogsWin7

Fan of The Bulldogs :)

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview
5. Harrison
6. Greenbrier
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Morrilton
9. White Hall
10. Forrest City

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Big Fan on September 08, 2014, 09:01:49 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 08, 2014, 08:53:59 am
Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview

5. Greenbrier
6. White Hall
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Forrest City
9. Maumelle
10. Watson Chapel
Any Top 10 with Chapel needs to be rethought.

They'll be fine by the time we get into conference play. Slow start with the coaching change that's all.

wing

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 09, 2014, 06:00:29 am
Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview

5. Greenbrier
6. White Hall
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Forrest City
9. Maumelle
10. Watson Chapel

They'll be fine by the time we get into conference play. Slow start with the coaching change that's all.

Does the winner of 5A South have home field advantage to the finals again this year?

AT

Just a reminder that you have the rest of today and all day tomorrow to put a poll in. Thanks guys

Elvis Hoggoblin

Goblin Fan

Wynne
PA
Batesville
Camden Fairview
Greenbriar
Sylvan Hills
Harrison
Morrilton
White hall
Watson Chapel

GuvHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 09, 2014, 06:00:29 am
Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview

5. Greenbrier
6. White Hall
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Forrest City
9. Maumelle
10. Watson Chapel

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WC was much, much better Friday night than they were in their scrimmage against Forrest City and Star City. They just need to work the kinks out on offense and tighten up in the Defensive secondary.

Lionheart88

Much, much better and still lost by 28.  That's....not exactly encouraging.

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on September 09, 2014, 07:13:29 pm
WC was much, much better Friday night than they were in their scrimmage against Forrest City and Star City.

They must have been appalling in that scrimmage. 

Intelligentsia

I'll agree with Guvhog, last weeks game does not reflect the WC effort or potential.  I would not be surprised to see them with a three seed in the playoffs, maybe as high as second.

michael2370

I agree WC played a lot better than people realized.  There o and d line were big and fast.  They also have a real fast running back.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 09, 2014, 11:25:10 pm
I'll agree with Guvhog, last weeks game does not reflect the WC effort or potential.  I would not be surprised to see them with a three seed in the playoffs, maybe as high as second.

Are you sure? They play in the mighty south. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 06, 2014, 12:54:39 am
Fan of White Hall

1   Wynne 1-0 (+3 spots from last week) Destroyed a 6A team.  I'm impressed.
2   Batesville 1-0 (-1) Won, but not as impressive as Wynne.
3   PA 0-1 (-1) Lost, but by one score to a very, very good Texas team
4   Greenbrier 1-0 (+2) They won.  Something only 11 5A teams did this week.  By 19 points too.
5   Sylvan Hills 1-0 (+5) Beat a fellow 5A team by 23. Might be better than Greenbrier, but they had a bigger hill to climb.
6   Harrison 1-0 (+9) Hammered a bad 6A team.
7   Fairview 0-1 (-4) Closed the gap late, but the game wasn't as close as the final score from all I've read.
8   Forrest City 0-1 (+5) Impressive with a 1-point loss to a 7A team
9   White Hall 0-1 (-2) They're my team, but a loss is a loss.  It was a 1 score game vs a 7A team though.  Fun game to watch, by the way.
10   Maumelle 1-0 (+13) Welcome to 5A.  Keep up the good work.

Teams dropping out: Morrilton, Hope, Watson Chapel.  All took nasty losses, mostly at home.
Teams rising in: Harrison, Forrest City, Maumelle.  All won this week.  Only time will tell if they can keep it up.

We had plenty of chances to tie the game in the 4th quarter. So the game was as close as the final score. Reading and seeing are two totally different things. Did they jump out on us, yeah. But we came back and made it a good ball game.

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on September 09, 2014, 09:41:12 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on September 09, 2014, 07:13:29 pm
WC was much, much better Friday night than they were in their scrimmage against Forrest City and Star City.

They must have been appalling in that scrimmage. 

They were pretty bad.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 10, 2014, 10:54:20 am
Fan of White Hall

4   Greenbrier 1-0 (+2) They won.  Something only 11 5A teams did this week.  By 19 points too.
5   Sylvan Hills 1-0 (+5) Beat a fellow 5A team by 23. Might be better than Greenbrier, but they had a bigger hill to climb.
7   Fairview 0-1 (-4) Closed the gap late, but the game wasn't as close as the final score from all I've read.
9   White Hall 0-1 (-2) They're my team, but a loss is a loss.  It was a 1 score game vs a 7A team though.  Fun game to watch, by the way.

Teams dropping out: Morrilton, Hope, Watson Chapel.  All took nasty losses, mostly at home.
Teams rising in: Harrison, Forrest City, Maumelle.  All won this week.  Only time will tell if they can keep it up.

We had plenty of chances to tie the game in the 4th quarter. So the game was as close as the final score. Reading and seeing are two totally different things. Did they jump out on us, yeah. But we came back and made it a good ball game.
It's only week two, as ever these polls get more accurate later the in the year we go.  Get back on the winning track and your stock will rise back to where it probably should be.  Were the ED starters still in when y'all closed it to a 1-score gap?

wildboy44

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 10, 2014, 12:17:16 pm
Fan of White Hall

It's only week two, as ever these polls get more accurate later the in the year we go.  Get back on the winning track and your stock will rise back to where it probably should be.  Were the ED starters still in when y'all closed it to a 1-score gap?
The score was 21-28 at the start of the 4th qtr. It ended they same way...we had 387 yards total offense. The Wildcats had 269 total offense. Cardinals had 17 1st downs, the Wildcats had 12 first downs. At the half it was 21-7. Cardinals scored 1st in the 3rd to make score 21-14 Wildcats. It was not a blow out by any means.

Youngsta71701

September 10, 2014, 12:58:15 pm #68 Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:01:03 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 10, 2014, 12:17:16 pm
Fan of White Hall

Yep, their starters played the whole game. I agree, all we have to do is win and the rest will take care of itself.

Youngsta71701

MDXPHD

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 10, 2014, 01:03:06 pm
BTW: Has anyone heard from C-Mac?

I think he's upset about the state of the Tennessee football program.

FalconSwallowingHornet

Fan of the Falcons:

It is a tough call to make when it came to decide the top 10 poll this week; are ties for a certain place allowed?

As of right now, I consider Batesville and Wynne equal, but willing to give Wynne the nod this week.

01. Wynne
02. Batesville
03. Harrison
04. Greenbrier
05. Blyethville
06. Camden Fairview
07. Sylvan Hills
08. Maumelle
09. North Pulaski
10. Jacksonville

Big Fan

Quote from: FalconSwallowingHornet on September 10, 2014, 04:18:36 pm
Fan of the Falcons:

It is a tough call to make when it came to decide the top 10 poll this week; are ties for a certain place allowed?

As of right now, I consider Batesville and Wynne equal, but willing to give Wynne the nod this week.

01. Wynne
02. Batesville
03. Harrison
04. Greenbrier
05. Blyethville
06. Camden Fairview
07. Sylvan Hills
08. Maumelle
09. North Pulaski
10. Jacksonville
Almatrackster....you need to throw out a few of these asinine polls from the tuba players.....

football nut

September 10, 2014, 07:58:39 pm #73 Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:48:23 am by football nut
Quote from: FalconSwallowingHornet on September 10, 2014, 04:18:36 pm
Fan of the Falcons:

01. Wynne
02. Batesville
03. Harrison
04. Greenbrier
05. Blyethville
06. Camden Fairview
07. Sylvan Hills
08. Maumelle
09. North Pulaski
10. Jacksonville
It is pretty clear that PA will be going into the 5A Central schedule as a decisive underdog, based on these polls. I hope they can find a way to compete successfully.
Looking forward to seeing them overcome such tremendous odds to defend their 2013 5A Championship.

Go Postal

September 10, 2014, 09:25:28 pm #74 Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:29:48 pm by Go Postal
Here is some stats on the Mtn Home@Harrison rivalry game.  Yeah, I know it was against the 6A Bombers, but some of the stats were pretty good for a game.  BTW, Goblin's best receiver and running back were NOT in this game...

Brock Humphrey completed 25-of-35 passes for 444 yards through the air. He threw for seven touchdowns while rushing for one.
Taner Edwards completed 1-of-3 passes on the night for 18 yards as he finished the game at quarterback for Harrison.
Kirkland hauled in 11 passes for 237 yards and four touchdowns. Hunter Humphrey added four catches for 91 yards and a score; Hunter Marshall, four catches for 40 yards and a score; Caleb Croft, two catches for 26 yards; Will Potts, one catch for 20 yards; Nathan Watson, one catch for 18 yards; Wright, one catch for 18 yards and a score; and Cameron Cain, two catches for 12 yards.
Potts carried the ball 10 times for 52 yards. Brock Humphrey added 38 yards and a score on five rushes; Lance Foshee, 14 yards on seven carries; and Edwards, minus-five yards on two carries.
Cooper King led the Harrison defense with nine tackles. He also had 1.5 tackles for loss.
Hunter Humphrey added 5.5 tackles; Cody Taylor, 4.5; Garrett Stacy, four; Cordell Campbell, 3.5; Jackson Murray, three Colton Messick, 2.5; Michael Martin, Dalton Gilley, and Yocham, 1.5 each; J.J. Hastings, Aaron Burlsworth, Josh Williams and Levi Mathis, one apiece; and Kirkland, Hunter Ply and Marshall, .5 each.

Next is @ 6A Siloam Springs and another rivalry game.  What do they call it?  Goblins at the Panther Pit once again?  This game will give us a better perspective of how the Golden Goblins are doing.  Not sure if our best receiver or runningback will be in this game. ???

Week 3 is 6A Alma at Harrison rivalry game, should be exciting... ;D

AT

I'm counting every poll for now. Like I said earlier, I'll be more strict on polls in the coming weeks. I'm not naïve enough to think that some of these aren't troll polls but when I decide which polls to not count, that can become a slippery slope and makes some posters lose interest.

BUT, there are still 2 hours and 7 minutes remaining to enter your poll and instead of complaining about other people's polls, you guys can always vote yourself and drown out their opinion more.

Big Fan

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 10, 2014, 09:53:16 pm
I'm counting every poll for now. Like I said earlier, I'll be more strict on polls in the coming weeks. I'm not naïve enough to think that some of these aren't troll polls but when I decide which polls to not count, that can become a slippery slope and makes some posters lose interest.

BUT, there are still 2 hours and 7 minutes remaining to enter your poll and instead of complaining about other people's polls, you guys can always vote yourself and drown out their opinion more.
No thanks.  Don't want to be associated with a poll that includes polls from obviously uninformed pollsters. 

AT

Quote from: Big Fan on September 10, 2014, 10:44:24 pm

No thanks.  Don't want to be associated with a poll that includes polls from obviously uninformed pollsters.

Ok then. Feel free to vote in the upcoming weeks. Poll is closed (has been for approximately 6 hours and 43 minutes.)

InYoGrill

Quote from: Big Fan on September 10, 2014, 10:44:24 pm

Oh come on you whiny puss goat. Play the game with us. I like to hear Monti goats crying in the field. You guys might be coming back to 5A it seems, maybe?   :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas