• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Week 2 Top Ten Vote

Started by AT, September 05, 2014, 10:55:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

September 05, 2014, 10:55:53 pm Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:34:51 pm by Almatrackster
EDIT: POLL CLOSES WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT SINCE PULASKI ACADEMY PLAYS ON THURSDAY

Every score has been reported for 5A. You may put your polls on here or send me a private message.

PLEASE PUT WHAT SCHOOL YOU ARE A FAN OF. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE 5A

Rules:

1. You can vote even if you didn't vote in the pre season
2. You aren't guaranteed a spot if you voted in the pre season unless you are one of the first three fans from you school.
3. Only three fans per school every week.
4. PLEASE PUT WHAT SCHOOL YOU ARE A FAN OF. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE 5A
5. Ten teams obviously

My Poll:
(Fan of Alma)

1. Wynne - Destroyed a 6A team. I don't care how bad they are, that score is impressive.

2. Pulaski Academy - Hung with a very tradition rich Texas team.

3. Batesville - Whether Watson Chapel is overrated or not will be decided soon. For now, I'll just say that Batesville beat our #9 team from our pre season by 4 touchdowns and say that's pretty impressive. (Away too.)

4. Camden Fairview - A 7 points loss to the defending 6A champs is nothing to be ashamed of. I can't find a reason to drop them yet.

5. Harrison - Killed a bad 6A team. Like I said in the other thread, Harrison couldn't gain much form this game no matter what, but can in the coming weeks.

6. Greenbrier - Beat a Beebe team that made the playoffs consistently in the 5A East. Tough to tell so far what Greenbrier will be like, but they didn't do anything this week to make themselves drop.

7. Sylvan Hills - Thought about putting them higher after their beatdown of Vilonia.

8. Hot Springs - Yes, I'm moving a team into the top 10 after a loss. Lake Hamilton isn't a bad 6A team and they had Lake Hamilton on the ropes.

9. Maumelle - If Jacksonville had won, they'd be here, but Maumelle did, so they are here.

10. Forrest City - Yes I'm moving another team into my top 10 after a loss. I really don't know how good West Memphis is this year, but I don't think they will be bad.

Constructive Criticisim is welcome, BUT VOTE MAINLY

InYoGrill

September 05, 2014, 11:12:13 pm #1 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:12:04 am by InYoGrill

Fan of see the helmet - LOL!

1) PA
2) Wynne
3) Batesville
4) Camden Fairview
5) Forrest City
6) White Hall
7) Greenbriar
8  Morrilton
9) Sylvan Hills
10) Harrison

jaxalum2008

Fan of Jacksonville:

1.   Wynne ( 60+ points is quite impressive, any way you look at it)
2.   Harrison (proved the expected)
3.   Batesville (Great showing)
4.   Sylvan Hills (Bears get it done)
5.   Greenbrier ( agree with Alma's commentary)
6.   Camden Fairview (good showing against a solid 6A squad)
7.   Magnolia (wins solid ball game on the road)
8.   Maumelle  ( Escaped Jan Crow as time expired with a 30 yard field goal to win 9 - 7)
9.   Jacksonville   (Tough heartbreaker to Maumelle as time expired, 30 YD FG)
10. North Pulaski (Gotta give them credit for the 6-6 tie)

kwwolves2012

September 06, 2014, 12:10:24 am #3 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:02:51 am by kwwolves2012
Fan of Wynne

1. P.A. (gave the Texas team all they wanted, impressive)
2. Wynne - was not the best showing, but they are in the top 2 for sure. There's a big gap between 2 and 3 for now.
3. Batesville
4. Harrison
5. Camden Fairview
6. Greenbrier
7. Forrest City
8. Magnolia
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Maumelle

Hoghead

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Greenbrier
6. CF
7.Maumelle
8.Harrison
9. Forrest City
10. Magnolia

wildboy44

Fan of Camden Fairview
#1 PA
#2 Wynne
#3 Batesville
#4Camden Fairview
#5 Maumelle
#6 Harrison
#7 Forrest city
#8 greenbrier
#9 White Hall
#10 Sylvan Hills

Intelligentsia

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 05, 2014, 11:46:29 pm
Fan of Jacksonville:

8.   Maumelle  ( Escaped Jan Crow as time expired with a 30 yard field goal to win 9 - 7)

Is it just me or is there someone missing here:)

Lionheart88

Fan of White Hall

1   Wynne 1-0 (+3 spots from last week) Destroyed a 6A team.  I'm impressed.
2   Batesville 1-0 (-1) Won, but not as impressive as Wynne.
3   PA 0-1 (-1) Lost, but by one score to a very, very good Texas team
4   Greenbrier 1-0 (+2) They won.  Something only 11 5A teams did this week.  By 19 points too.
5   Sylvan Hills 1-0 (+5) Beat a fellow 5A team by 23. Might be better than Greenbrier, but they had a bigger hill to climb.
6   Harrison 1-0 (+9) Hammered a bad 6A team.
7   Fairview 0-1 (-4) Closed the gap late, but the game wasn't as close as the final score from all I've read.
8   Forrest City 0-1 (+5) Impressive with a 1-point loss to a 7A team
9   White Hall 0-1 (-2) They're my team, but a loss is a loss.  It was a 1 score game vs a 7A team though.  Fun game to watch, by the way.
10   Maumelle 1-0 (+13) Welcome to 5A.  Keep up the good work.

Teams dropping out: Morrilton, Hope, Watson Chapel.  All took nasty losses, mostly at home.
Teams rising in: Harrison, Forrest City, Maumelle.  All won this week.  Only time will tell if they can keep it up.

Intelligentsia

This is how they stack up today - not at the end of the season.  Batesville Fan.

1. Wynne
2. P.A.
3. CF
4. Harrison
5. Batesville
6. Forrest City
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Morrilton
9. Greenbrier
10. Magnolia

Go Postal

September 06, 2014, 01:48:01 am #9 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:01:45 am by Go Postal
I want to say that Harrison didn't have their best receiver or running back in the Week one game.  Maybe they will be back for the Week 2 game or holding off until conference play.  Two local 4A/6A rivals down, two local 6A's rivals to go. Then 5A.  I'll hold off for a day or so before I make a vote.  I need to look more of what SS are doing.

Yes, I was concerned about the Maumelle game results.  Welcome to the West!

Complete Biased PoV

Fan of PA

1.  PA 0-1 (0)- Played a team who has not lost a home game in 15 years and gave them all they wanted!
2.  Batesville 1-0 (0)- had them in a top 10 match up with WC in week 1 and won by 28, to me this shows they will be tough again this year.
3.  Wynne 1-0 (0)- why you going to beat up on the little "big boys" that way? Haha, great job, but it was Marion....going to take a little more to jump the "neers"
4.  Sylvan Hills 1-0 (+4)- nice 23 point victory over a 5A opponent some had in their preseason poll.
5.  Harrison 1-0 (+5)- big movers for me this week with the 40 point thumping they put on the bombers.
6.  Camden Fairview 0-1 (-2)- I know it is El Dorado, but you guys have taken care of business before.  Only drops 2 spots, because you are still Camden!
7.  Greenbrier 1-0 (NR)- coming into my top 10 after their 19 point win over Beebe, let's see if they can climb.
8.  Morrilton 0-1 (-2)- lost by 21 at home, but they lost to Russellville last year too....
9.  White Hall 0-1 (-2)- only lost by 6, but it was to Van Buren  :o I wasn't there, maybe they are on the upswing... Good news, next 2 weeks should be easier.
10.  Watson Chapel 0-1 (-1)- even with the pretty bad loss, can't count it against you too much it was against the team I have in 2nd.

Dropped out:  Hope- SMH, lost to your rival 4A team by 43...you can't be doing that.

pantherblue

Fan of Greenbrier

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4. Greenbrier
5. Camden Fairview
6. Sylvan Hills
7.Harrison
8.Hope
9. Maumelle
10. Forest City

VHSCoach2

Fan of Vilonia.

1. Wynne

2. Pulaski Academy

3. Batesville

4. Camden Fairview

5. Greenbrier

6. Sylvan Hills

7. Harrison

8. Maumelle

9. Forrest City

10. Magnolia

Bluepanther86

All of you putting Sylvan Hills before Greenbrier. Greenbrier beat them in a 12 minute scrimmage with ease.. So rethink that pick.

AT

Keep the votes coming. We already have 11 polls in and it's only Saturday morning.

Just a reminder: I will close the poll Thursday night around 8:00 PM...but something new..

I reserve the right to close it at midnight on Wednesday. Actually I'm thinking about doing that so that the fans have enough time to look at the poll instead of just one day. I'll let you know by tomorrow when I'm closing it, just send in the polls as fast as possible.

Big Fan

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on September 06, 2014, 09:21:33 am
All of you putting Sylvan Hills before Greenbrier. Greenbrier beat them in a 12 minute scrimmage with ease.. So rethink that pick.
All of you putting stock in a 12 minute scrimmage score....rethink...good grief. 

pantherblue

They only beat Vilonia Big Fan. Good grief. Lol

Bluepanther86

Big Fan, point is Sylvan hills is not a Top 10 team. They are good but not Top 10 good. First hand experience yeah it was a 12 minute scrimmage but if Greenbrier can beat them in 12 minutes what could happen in three more quarters?... Greenbrier is a Dark horse contender. Dog me down about saying that but I believe it.

chaingang

Fan of the YellowJackets

( 1 )    Wynne.....Offence spurted and Defence looked as strong as I've seen in a long time.

( 2 )     P. A.  ...... They took it to a great Texas team....they may really be the real #1 in 5A

( 3 )     Batesville.. Looks like they could win it all

( 4 )     Greenbreir...They move up 5 spots in my Poll.

( 5 )     Harrison......Just like Wynne......beats the brakes off a bad 6A school that may not could compete
                                                        in 4A either.

( 6 )     C F       ...... I have them falling 2 spots.....that was a close game to Eldo.

( 7 )     Morrilton......They slip 2 spots and replace Hope

( 8 )     Forrest City...Mustangs keep their spot for taking the BlueDevils deep.

( 9 )     Sylvan Hills... They break into my poll.....lets see if they can stay.

(10 )     Blytheville.... i hear the noise they are making.....lets see if they can keep it up.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Big Fan on September 06, 2014, 10:15:10 am
Quote from: Bluepanther86 on September 06, 2014, 09:21:33 am
All of you putting stock in a 12 minute scrimmage score....rethink...good grief.

Haha... hey goat sack lick. Them panthers won a tag football trophy this summer and dominated the scrimmage league brackets. So keep your thoughts to yourself and bow down to blue power. LOL!!!!

michael2370

I am a past Pioneer alum.  As much as I would like to see that as a realistic poll there is very little chance of swing 4 east teams in the poll at one time.

AT

Just a friendly note that I encourage criticism and commentary, but voting lets your "voice" be heard more than anything on this poll. So vote! More polls the better!

jaxalum2008

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 06, 2014, 12:45:32 am
Fan of Jacksonville:

The teams I chose are the ones who had a respectable game. As a note, I have mostly teams that won their assigned game, for the exception of North Pulaski (which had a tie), and Camden Fairview (which seemed by the way of talk, a really competitive game).

Any team allowing a team to go on a 34 point run is not quite a top 10 caliber team to me. Teams like that will have to prove their worth. Granted, a lot of people in this state may think they are a good team, but still need to find a way to represent themselves when traveling out of state, and learning how to make the proper game time adjustments. Hopefully Pulaski Academy can find a way to beat the #173 team in FLA/ # 2934 in the United States. As far as winning, I expect nothing less than a two touchdown win to confirm that they have found their identity without some of their star player(s).

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/new-smyrna-beach-barracudas-(new-smyrna-beach,fl)/football/schedule.htm

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 06, 2014, 08:37:26 pm
Fan of Jacksonville:

The teams I chose are the ones who had a respectable game. As a note, I have mostly teams that won their assigned game, for the exception of North Pulaski (which had a tie), and Camden Fairview (which seemed by the way of talk, a really competitive game).

Any team allowing a team to go on a 34 point run is not quite a top 10 caliber team to me. Teams like that will have to prove their worth. Granted, a lot of people in this state may think they are a good team, but still need to find a way to represent themselves when traveling out of state, and learning how to make the proper game time adjustments. Hopefully Pulaski Academy can find a way to beat the #173 team in FLA/ # 2934 in the United States. As far as winning, I expect nothing less than a two touchdown win to confirm that they have found their identity without some of their star player(s).

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/new-smyrna-beach-barracudas-(new-smyrna-beach,fl)/football/schedule.htm

You act like Jacksonville is some world class program and New Smryna is a bunch of nothings.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/jacksonville-red-devils-(jacksonville,ar)/football/rankings.htm

Go Postal

September 07, 2014, 01:06:40 pm #24 Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:51:52 pm by Go Postal
Fan of Harrison
1.  Wynne
2.  Pulaski Academy
3.  Batesville
4.  Camden Fairview
5.  Harrison
6.  Greenbrier
7.  Sylvan Hills
8.  Forrest City
9.  Maumelle
10.  Magnolia

Others considered:  Morrilton, White Hall, HS Lakeside

GuvHog

September 07, 2014, 01:53:46 pm #25 Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:56:20 pm by GuvHog
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Greenbrier
5. Camden Fairview
6. Watson Chapel
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Morrilton
9. White Hall
10. Harrison

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 06, 2014, 12:54:39 am
Fan of White Hall

4   Greenbrier 1-0 (+2) They won.  Something only 11 5A teams did this week.  By 19 points too.
5   Sylvan Hills 1-0 (+5) Beat a fellow 5A team by 23. Might be better than Greenbrier, but they had a bigger hill to climb.
7   Fairview 0-1 (-4) Closed the gap late, but the game wasn't as close as the final score from all I've read.
9   White Hall 0-1 (-2) They're my team, but a loss is a loss. It was  1 score game against a 7A team though. Fun game to watch, by the way.

Teams dropping out: Morrilton, Hope, Watson Chapel.  All took nasty losses, mostly at home.
Teams rising in: Harrison, Forrest City, Maumelle.  All won this week.  Only time will tell if they can keep it up.

Seriously ??? Van Buren is a bottom feeder 7A team, let's put it in the correct perspective.

Lionheart88

September 07, 2014, 02:39:25 pm #27 Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:44:46 pm by Lionheart88
I dropped White Hall to ninth (two spots down from last week) after a 7 point loss to a team two classifications larger.  Watson Chapel got beat by a fellow 5A squad by 28 and you have them sixth.  And you think I'm the one not being serious? ::)

wildboy44

Quote from: GuvHog on September 07, 2014, 02:04:41 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 06, 2014, 12:54:39 am
Fan of White Hall

9   White Hall 0-1 (-2) They're my team, but a loss is a loss. It was  1 score game against a 7A team though. Fun game to watch, by the way.

Seriously ??? Van Buren is a bottom feeder 7A team, let's put it in the correct perspective.
Lets see if I can help you Lh88. The wildcats out scored us 21-0 the first half..we out scored them 21-7 the second half. 1st half we had 3 turnovers. 2nd half we didn't turn it over and the game changed. The Cardinals had 387 total yards and the wildcats had 269. The only stat that matters is the score 28-21 wildcats...if we loose, we loose to the best. The wildcats will be at War Memorial again this year. As for the Cardinals we will be fine.

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 07, 2014, 02:39:25 pm
I dropped White Hall to ninth (two spots down from last week) after a 7 point loss to a team two classifications larger.  Watson Chapel got beat by a fellow 5A squad by 28 and you have them sixth.  And you think I'm the one not being serious? ::)

I moved WC down only 1 spot because I attended the Batesville-WC game and the score isn't indicative of how close the game was. WC's turnovers and miscues were the difference.

AT

Alma had a close game with VB last year and made the semis. I've said before that there have been years that VB would be a good 5A team.

Go Postal

September 07, 2014, 04:01:07 pm #31 Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:05:13 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Go Postal on September 07, 2014, 01:06:40 pm
Fan of Harrison
1.  Wynne
2.  Pulaski Academy
3.  Batesville
4.  Camden Fairview
5.  Harrison
6.  Greenbrier
7.  Sylvan Hills
8.  Forrest City
9.  Maumelle
10.  Magnolia

Others considered:  Morrilton, White Hall, HS Lakeside
#1, #2 and #3 are pretty well seated for those spots, though it can still slide up and down as the season progresses.
#4 is up and down on the polls, but still averages out around this spot, but...
#5 & #6 are very similar teams.  Both are close to being tied along with #4 on the pollster's average.  Though both put their JV in on the 4th Qtr, I went with the PF and PA to make this pick between the two.
#7 and #8 were pollsters averages at these spots.
#9 was my surprise team last week.  Not bad for starting in the 5A.  But we will see how they fair this season.  The "Others considered" could have as well been #9 or #10.  We will see how they fair this season also.  For instance, remember Morrilton lost last year to the same team and we saw what happened then on.

AT

14 polls in guys, keep them coming! I didn't realize that Pulaski Academy was playing Thursday. This means I'm going to close the poll on Wednesday at midnight.

I don't expect to get 31 polls again since we have less than a week whereas we had almost a whole month in the preseason to gather polls.

Reminder:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A FAN OF A 5A SCHOOL TO VOTE

Also, no school has reached the three max limit. Although, Vilonia only has room for one more fan to vote!

Chughes11

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Camden Fairview
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. Morrilton
6. Hot Springs
7. Hope
8. Greenbrier
9. Hs Lakeside
10. Maumelle

AT

Quote from: Chughes11 on September 07, 2014, 05:25:46 pm
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Camden Fairview
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. Morrilton
6. Hot Springs
7. Hope
8. Greenbrier
9. Hs Lakeside
10. Maumelle

Thanks! Fan of what school?

WPWells

Fan of Charleston

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview
5. Harrison
6. Greenbrier
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Morrilton
9. White Hall
10. Forrest City

Chughes11

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Chughes11 on September 07, 2014, 05:51:22 pm
Fan of Hot Springs
I am definitely keeping an eye on Hot Springs.  I think if they play well this week, they are probably poised to jump into my top 10.

Lionheart88

wing

Fan of CF.

1. Wynne
2. PA

3. Batesville
4. CF

5. Greenbrier
6. Harrison
7. White Hall
8. Sylvan Hills
9. Maumelle
10. Forrest City

Youngsta71701

Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview

5. Greenbrier
6. White Hall
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Forrest City
9. Maumelle
10. Watson Chapel

Big Fan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 08, 2014, 08:53:59 am
Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview

5. Greenbrier
6. White Hall
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Forrest City
9. Maumelle
10. Watson Chapel
Any Top 10 with Chapel needs to be rethought. 

AT

Thanks for the polls guys. That's 18 now. I would like somewhere in the 20's. If you are thinking about putting a poll in then you still have the rest of today and then two full days to put it in.

BUT, Camden Fairview fans have now had 3 polls submitted so I can not allow anymore Camden Fairview polls, sorry guys.

Chief_Osceola™

fan of Maumelle

1. Wynne (rolled last Friday as expected)
2. PA (may actually be the best team in the state, but I can't put an 0-1 team in the #1 spot)
3. Batesville (pretty impressive win right now; we'll have to see if WC is legit or not)
4. Harrison (convincing win Friday - it doesn't matter that MH is bad because that's a pretty intense rivalry game)
5. Camden Fairview (very good game against 6A power El Dorado)
6. Greenbrier (plenty of offense; defense may be suspect - we'll have to wait and see)
7. Sylvan Hills (solid opener for the Bears)
8. Maumelle (defense looked great for the most part, the offense needs to be able to score in the red zone)
9. Forrest City (FC and White Hall could be interchangeable here, but I feel like West Memphis is better than Van Buren, so it's a 'better' loss)
10. White Hall (tough loss, but still a quality team)

All in all, I feel like there is some pretty good parity overall in the 5A this year, especially in the middle to bottom of the top 10. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on September 08, 2014, 09:01:49 am
Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview

5. Greenbrier
6. White Hall
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Forrest City
9. Maumelle
10. Watson Chapel

Were you at the Batesville-WC game Friday???

HorseFeathers

Fan of Hector

1. Wynne
2. P.A
3. Batesville
4. Fairview
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Greenbrier
7. Harrison
8. Forrest City
9. Hot Springs
10. MOrrilton

Titan Spirit

Jacksonville

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4. Fariview
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Hot Springs
7. Forrest City
8. Harrison
9. Morrilton
10. White Hall

RamFan06

Fan of Lakeside

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Fairview
4. Batesville
5. Harrison
6. Greenbrier
7. Sylvan Hills
8. White Hall
9. Hot Springs
10. Forrest City

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on September 08, 2014, 10:22:14 am
Quote from: Big Fan on September 08, 2014, 09:01:49 am
Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview

5. Greenbrier
6. White Hall
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Forrest City
9. Maumelle
10. Watson Chapel

Were you at the Batesville-WC game Friday???
Yes

MDXPHD

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 06, 2014, 08:37:26 pm
Fan of Jacksonville:

This is hilarious. I don't even know what to think about it.  I can't tell if you are serious or if this is a joke.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas