• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A South

Started by SECFOOTBALLFAN, September 05, 2014, 10:14:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Don't be surprised to see

CF
White Hall
Hot Springs
Magnolia

In playoffs for the south this year. Hot Springs looks legit with a close loss to Lake Hamilton. Magnolia proved they're atleast better than Crossett which means they've got wins against dequeen and lakeside. Just gotta beat hope and WC and you're in (may not be hard)

CF looked impressive against 6A juggernaut Eldorado. Will probably get the golden ticket

RamFan06

I see it differently. Magnolia beating Crossett, a 3 win 4a team by 18 is not as impressive as LS beating a semi-final 4a team 36-0. Also, Hot Springs is very good this year but Lake Hamilton is not. It could end up,
1. CF
2. HS
3. WH
4. LS

I know it is normal to expect nothing out of Lakeside but they have something this year that I didn't even see until Monday. Next week against Sylvan Hills will help tell how well the year will go for them.

MDXPHD

You guys do know it's week 1 right? SEC is pathetic and must have gotten his feelings hurt by Watson Chapel at some point in his life. 

RamFan06

Only week one yes, but there is only so much time in a football season to blindly back your team and argue like 13 year olds, can't let a single day go by!

hawgfan15

Hope will still make the playoffs

4thandgoal

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 06, 2014, 09:34:42 am
Hope will still make the playoffs

Beware of Arkadelphia and be afraid of Nalvern. Be very afraid.

4thandgoal

Chughes11

1. Camden
2. Hot Springs
3. Hope
4. Hs Lakeside

Uncle Ivan

Looks like a one and done for the entire South come the playoffs.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 07, 2014, 09:44:18 pm
Looks like a one and done for the entire South come the playoffs.

You mean the Conference that has made sure Wynne's season has ended skidding into a light pole the past two years ? Nope, If the South matches 1 & 4 with any of the other 3 conferences the South moves on. True Fact !

Hoghead

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 06, 2014, 02:09:34 am
I see it differently. Magnolia beating Crossett, a 3 win 4a team by 18 is not as impressive as LS beating a semi-final 4a team 36-0. Also, Hot Springs is very good this year but Lake Hamilton is not. It could end up,
1. CF
2. HS
3. WH
4. LS

I know it is normal to expect nothing out of Lakeside but they have something this year that I didn't even see until Monday. Next week against Sylvan Hills will help tell how well the year will go for them.
That Lincoln team Lakeside beat Friday was depleted at graduation this year. Because that Lincoln team that beat Malvern in the playoffs and Nashville, was one of the best in their schools history. Lakeside couldn't have beat Lincoln last year. Yet in still you won Friday and that's all that counts. Good Luck !!!

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 06, 2014, 07:35:11 am
You guys do know it's week 1 right? SEC is pathetic and must have gotten his feelings hurt by Watson Chapel at some point in his life. 

Could be. WC is improving with every game, they were much better Friday night than they were in their scrimmage game. They are not likely to win vs Pine Bluff this week but come conference time, they should be ready to go.

Hoghead

Thats why they play Non Conference games. Hopefully teams get better !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 07, 2014, 11:36:08 pm
If the South matches 1 & 4 with any of the other 3 conferences the South moves on.

Hoghead

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 08, 2014, 07:41:30 pm

21-0 !!!!!!

Would Nashville even make the playoffs in 5A?

Sure, they would in the South, but that conference is 2A equivalent.  Most likely not anywhere else in the classification. 

Hoghead

September 09, 2014, 02:43:52 pm #16 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:10:04 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 09, 2014, 02:07:57 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on September 08, 2014, 07:41:30 pm

21-0 !!!!!!

Would Nashville even make the playoffs in 5A?

Sure, they would in the South, but that conference is 2A equivalent.  Most likely not anywhere else in the classification. 
Seeing how Wynne plays in a 1A conference you would have no real knowledge of any classifications higher than that. Any truth to the rumor Wynne will loan players to Tunica Rosa Fort so they can actually have enough to play ? This will be sorta like a Blue and Gold game played on the road. Typical Dirt Road Delta game !

GuvHog

1. Camden Fairview
2. Watson Chapel
3. White Hall
4. Hot Springs or Hope

that1guy2110

Nashville would make the playoffs in every 5a conference and could probably contend for the title even in 6a. They are that good in my opinion. Good try trying to knock the south though

GuvHog

Quote from: that1guy2110 on September 09, 2014, 06:58:43 pm
Nashville would make the playoffs in every 5a conference and could probably contend for the title even in 6a. They are that good in my opinion. Good try trying to knock the south though

Is Nashville really THAT good or is Hope just THAT bad??? The answer will come soon enough.

Hoghead

Quote from: GuvHog on September 09, 2014, 07:15:11 pm

Is Nashville really THAT good or is Hope just THAT bad??? The answer will come soon enough.

The Sophomore RB Hopson is gifted. Pettway seems to be on top of his game at WR. The Qb Snell is very mobile. Nashville is well coached with a good Defense. Watson Chapels inability to throw the ball will play into Nashville's hands. They're gonna blitz the Wildcats into the ground. WC will need to score 30 or more to beat Nashville. It won't happen because Nashville is pretty good !

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 09, 2014, 09:03:24 pm
WC will need to score 30 or more to beat Nashville. It won't happen because Nashville is pretty good !
Chapel will be begging to play Batesville again once they get a taste of Nashville.  Chapel will be a very ugly 0-3 going into conference play.   

hawgfan15

The Sophomore RB Hopson is gifted. Pettway seems to be on top of his game at WR. The Qb Snell is very mobile. Nashville is well coached with a good Defense. Watson Chapels inability to throw the ball will play into Nashville's hands. They're gonna blitz the Wildcats into the ground. WC will need to score 30 or more to beat Nashville. It won't happen because Nashville is pretty good !

Hopkins* lol But I appreciate the love!

When Nashville executes at the level they did Friday night they will be tough for anyone to beat. Hope will be fine and it wont surprise me if they still win the 5A South or at least top 2. Putting teams like WC, Magnolia, and Hot Springs ahead of Hope is a joke. Just my opinion

hawgfan15

Nashville is THAT good and WC will find out in two weeks.

Bigbossman

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 09, 2014, 11:53:32 pm

When Nashville executes at the level they did Friday night they will be tough for anyone to beat. Hope will be fine and it wont surprise me if they still win the 5A South or at least top 2. Putting teams like WC, Magnolia, and Hot Springs ahead of Hope is a joke. Just my opinion
magnolia plays football,  huh thats wild, I thought all they did down there was rope goats.

Lionheart88

Uncle Ivan

Nashville would make the playoffs in every 5a conference and could probably contend for the title even in 6a.

that1guy2110

From everyone I talked to that watched the Nashville eldo scrimmage and all the eldo people I talked to at the Camden eldo game said the same thing and that is that Nashville is THAT good. I'm not saying they would win 6a but I am saying they would give them a good run for their money

Youngsta71701

1. Camden Fairview
2. White Hall
3. Hope
4. Watson Chapel

MDXPHD

Quote from: that1guy2110 on September 10, 2014, 07:22:55 am
From everyone I talked to that watched the Nashville eldo scrimmage and all the eldo people I talked to at the Camden eldo game said the same thing and that is that Nashville is THAT good. I'm not saying they would win 6a but I am saying they would give them a good run for their money

I don't think that is anywhere close to an accurate statement.  Nashville is good. They would compete in 5A this year, but not 6A.

wing

I'm sure Nashville has a great team. They always will with Dawson coaching. But go ask Warren how they have done lately with the big boys. While they have been competitive in some of the games, I don't think they have very many wins to show for it. Did it help them prepare for their conference schedule? Probably so. Just not ready to say that Nashville would roll through 5A just yet.

Hoggy

Quote from: Hoghead on September 08, 2014, 05:33:51 am
Quote from: RamFan06 on September 06, 2014, 02:09:34 am
1. CF
2. HS
3. WH
4. LS

That Lincoln team Lakeside beat Friday was depleted at graduation this year. Because that Lincoln team that beat Malvern in the playoffs and Nashville, was one of the best in their schools history. Lakeside couldn't have beat Lincoln last year. Yet in still you won Friday and that's all that counts. Good Luck !!!
exactly.  Lincoln is awful this year.  Lost everybody.  Got a buddy that coaches there he told me that. 

Hoggy

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 09, 2014, 11:53:32 pm

i agree

Hoggy

Quote from: wing on September 10, 2014, 08:50:50 am
I'm sure Nashville has a great team. They always will with Dawson coaching. But go ask Warren how they have done lately with the big boys. While they have been competitive in some of the games, I don't think they have very many wins to show for it. Did it help them prepare for their conference schedule? Probably so. Just not ready to say that Nashville would roll through 5A just yet.
lol great always with Dawson really?  They didn't last year

that1guy2110

ELDO has been the alpha males of 6a football and they said Nashville can compete ill take their word over anyone else in 6a

wing

Quote from: that1guy2110 on September 10, 2014, 09:26:14 am
ELDO has been the alpha males of 6a football and they said Nashville can compete ill take their word over anyone else in 6a

So CF would have been 6A state champs last year?

Lionheart88

That's an important word.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 10, 2014, 09:39:43 am
That's an important word.

+1, nobody shows you everything in a scrimmage!

Youngsta71701

September 10, 2014, 09:46:09 am #38 Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:48:30 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: MDXPHD on September 10, 2014, 08:25:03 am

I don't think that is anywhere close to an accurate statement.  Nashville is good. They would compete in 5A this year, but not 6A.

The 6A is not that good except for Greenwood and Eldorado. Some of those teams playbooks are ridiculous. I watched Pine Bluff in the championship game against Eldorado last year and was not impressed at all. They ran the same plays over and over again. I'm still trying to figure out how they beat Greenwood.

that1guy2110

True it was a scrimmage and I was not there to watch it. I'm simply going off of what eldo people who were there told me. I was TOLD by eldo fans themselves that Nashville dominated basically aspect of the game. And no im not saying Camden would have won 6a. Still have to play the games. That would be like saying UCA would have beat Arkansas several years back. UCA beat some team that beat Tulsa that almost beat Arkansas. Think it may have been Bobby's first year I cant remember

wing

Bottom line is I agree that Nashville has a salty team this year. We'll see how they stack up against Arkadelphia, Dollarway and Warren. 4A has some good teams this year. We will see how the 5A south goes after a not too impressive start.

Hoggy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 10, 2014, 09:46:09 am

The 6A is not that good to me except for Greenwood and Eldorado. Some of those teams playbooks are ridiculous. I watched Pine Bluff in the championship game against Eldorado last year and was not impressed at all. They ran the same plays over and over again. I'm still trying to figure out how they beat Greenwood.
afwetes

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoggy on September 10, 2014, 12:22:44 pm

The 6A is not that good to me except for Greenwood and Eldorado. Some of those teams playbooks are ridiculous. I watched Pine Bluff in the championship game against Eldorado last year and was not impressed at all. They ran the same plays over and over again. I'm still trying to figure out how they beat Greenwood.
afwetes

Huh? I have no idea what that means but my point is this. The top teams in the 5A are just as good as the top teams in the 6A. Plain & simple...

Hoggy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 10, 2014, 12:53:35 pm

afwetes

Huh? I have no idea what that means but my point is this. The top teams in the 5A are just as good as the top teams in the 6A. Plain & simple...
lol try and figure it out.  Pine Bluff has afwetes

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoggy on September 10, 2014, 12:56:59 pm
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 10, 2014, 12:53:35 pm

afwetes

lol try and figure it out.  Pine Bluff has afwetes

Oh, ok...I gotcha now...lol...they do have those for sure...

MDXPHD

I don't think they have been the alpha males the last two years...

RamFan06

Alpha males of the 6a South MAYBE.

that1guy2110

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 10, 2014, 01:57:36 pm

They just won state in 09, 10, 11, and 13...... 4 out of the last 5

Youngsta71701

Quote from: that1guy2110 on September 11, 2014, 08:01:50 am
Quote from: RamFan06 on September 10, 2014, 01:57:36 pm

They just won state in 09, 10, 11, and 13...... 4 out of the last 5

He's referring to Greenwood...

that1guy2110

I know who he is referring to.. I'm just backing up my statement of Eldo being Alpha males of 6a.. cant argue with 4 of 5 titles in the past 5 years. I will agree that Greenwood and PB are on their heals tho

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas