• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA vs. Highland Park

Started by WPWells, September 05, 2014, 11:04:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

This is a game that I'm really intrigued by but no one is talking about. Will there be somewhere I can stream this tonight?

Lions84

The Scots will beat the brakes of of PA!

that1guy2110

I have a feeling this going to be a tail whooping for PA.

mightymustangs1

September 05, 2014, 06:02:22 pm #3 Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:44:42 pm by mightymustangs1
PA is planning on live streaming the game here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ8tnSagc0E&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: doesn't look like the live stream will work tonight.

WPWells

I tried it and it isn't working for me either

Texas

14 all 1st. Listening on local radio.

Complete Biased PoV

35-28 HP at halftime.  PA was up 28-14 before a couple of untimely turnovers.  This is an awesome game!

Maynard G Krebs

Final score
Highland Park.    48
Pulaski Academy 42

FalconSwallowingHornet

Post-Game Stats accoring to KAAM 770 AM, voice of the Highland Park Scots:

-----      HIGHLAND   48   PA 42

TOTAL YDS         329-54    plays      480-86 plays      

FIRST DOWNS   17         22

PASSING      16-21-1         36-57-1

RUSHING      146-28         51-29

DEFENSE      FF, INT         INT

TOP             21:00              27:00

PENALTY      10-62         11-98

3RD DOWN         3-9         6-16

4TH DOWN            1-4         4-10

PA RUSHING
===============
HEFLEY 10 - (-)35
BRUCE  2 - 7

PA PASSING AND RECEIVING
==============================

HEFLEY 35-54 424 YDS 2 TD 1 INT

HASTING 166YDS 13 CATCHES 2 TD

========

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: FalconSwallowingHornet on September 05, 2014, 11:57:33 pm
Post-Game Stats accoring to KAAM 770 AM, voice of the Highland Park Scots:

-----      HIGHLAND   48   PA 42

TOTAL YDS         329-54    plays      480-86 plays      

FIRST DOWNS   17         22

PASSING      16-21-1         36-57-1

RUSHING      146-28         51-29

DEFENSE      FF, INT         INT

TOP             21:00              27:00

PENALTY      10-62         11-98

3RD DOWN         3-9         6-16

4TH DOWN            1-4         4-10

PA RUSHING
===============
HEFLEY 10 - (-)35
BRUCE  2 - 7

PA PASSING AND RECEIVING
==============================

HEFLEY 35-54 424 YDS 2 TD 1 INT

HASTING 166YDS 13 CATCHES 2 TD

========
Thanks for the updates!  IMO, the difference in this game was this was PA's 1st game of the year and it was HP's 2nd or 3rd.  PA has to clean up some mistakes before leaving for Florida this next week!  Additional tidbit, Highland Park has not lost a home game in 15 years!!!!

businesstron

I'm impressed with what PA did.  That just further proves my point that they would make it a good game and probably have a chance to win if they played ANY of better 7a schools.  That wouldn't be the case every year but the years they have good teams it would be a nice match up. 

ZoneBuster

Highland Park is extremely good. Impressive game for PA.

Maynard G Krebs

Before this game, I thought Texas Hold 'Em was a card game.  Now I see that it is HP's offensive line motto (only called by officials a couple of times).  Their #78 was huge, but slow and not a great blocker and the holding was the only way he could keep the much quicker PA player from getting past him.

Impressive size of the crowd PA brought to Dallas.  I watched most of the replay on local tv and the broadcasters also made note of the attendance from Little Rock.

The Bruins should do well in conference play.

Intelligentsia

September 06, 2014, 11:17:27 am #13 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:35:10 pm by Intelligentsia
Like the California opponent a couple years ago and the Memphis area team last year,  Highland Park may well be the top high school team in the nation, providing PA with a warm up on their way to a third consecutive 5-A state championship!!

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Intelligentsia on September 06, 2014, 11:17:27 am
Like the California team a couple years ago and the Memphis area team last year,  Highland Park may well be the top high school team in the nation, providing PA with a warm up on their way to a third consecutive 5-A state championship!!

Uhhh??

neds

Like the California opponent a couple years ago and the Memphis area team last year,  Highland Park may well be the top high school team in the nation, providing PA with a warm up on their way to a third consecutive 5-A state championship!!

HP is far from the best team in TX, even if they were still in 5A, but they are not in 5A this year. They moved up to 6A and will have a hard time making it out of the second round of the play-offs. That said, nearly beating HP at home is a huge accomplishment (win streak at 80) and PA played a great game.

AT

Quote from: ZoneBuster on September 06, 2014, 12:15:26 pm
Like the California team a couple years ago and the Memphis area team last year,  Highland Park may well be the top high school team in the nation, providing PA with a warm up on their way to a third consecutive 5-A state championship!!

Uhhh??

May seem like a bit of a shot after a good effort by PA, but he has a fair point. PA started the past two years off with a close loss to a supposedly very good California team and beat a supposedly very good Memphis team (I say supposedly because I don't know how well those teams did the rest of the year).

PA was beat in the playoffs the past two years, where you would think those two games would show they should dominate any 5A Arkansas team. Intelligentsia is just saying we may be hearing the same song, different verse. I do think Highland Park is on another level than those other two teams, though.

businesstron

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 06, 2014, 01:03:47 pm
Quote from: ZoneBuster on September 06, 2014, 12:15:26 pm

Uhhh??

May seem like a bit of a shot after a good effort by PA, but he has a fair point. PA started the past two years off with a close loss to a supposedly very good California team and beat a supposedly very good Memphis team (I say supposedly because I don't know how well those teams did the rest of the year).

PA was beat in the playoffs the past two years, where you would think those two games would show they should dominate any 5A Arkansas team. Intelligentsia is just saying we may be hearing the same song, different verse. I do think Highland Park is on another level than those other two teams, though.
The California school (Chaminade) was good  12-2.   They lost to a team in their sectional finals by 2 pts.  That team went on to win the Division II state championship.   

Memphis University was good as well.  They went 10-3  beat South Panola (a team that beat NLR) and went to their state championship I believe before losing to  Ensworth. 

PA's a tough team to play in Non-conference.

Intelligentsia

O.K., that was a cheap shot, but I just could not resist:). P.A. has a fine program, a fine coach, and some outstanding young people. They may well end up at War Memorial in the BIG game in a couple months.  That said;  the early attention PA receives, compliments of their proximity to our "major" media hub, the Hootens faithful, and the 1%  factor, wears a bit thin among many hill folk:)

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: neds on September 06, 2014, 12:50:57 pm

HP is far from the best team in TX, even if they were still in 5A, but they are not in 5A this year. They moved up to 6A and will have a hard time making it out of the second round of the play-offs. That said, nearly beating HP at home is a huge accomplishment (win streak at 80) and PA played a great game.

A little extra info, this year is the first year of Texas 6A classification.

tazz

QuoteA little extra info, this year is the first year of Texas 6A classification
6a is just the old 5a.  They turned the 6-man teams into 1a and bumped everyone else up.

They changed the cutoffs a little, but the divisions remain basically the same.  HP is one of
the teams that jumped from 4a to 6a.  Its a one division jump even though the numbers make it
look bigger.

Either way, for PA to hang with HP is very impressive to me.

Texas

Quote from: neds on September 06, 2014, 12:50:57 pm

You are correct about HP not being the best team in TX. However a legit case could (have been?) be made that HP is a top 10 team. If not top 10, certainly top 20.

As for their playoff chances, they will certainly win their district. Making it to the third round should be easy. It would be shocking if they didn't the way the bracket sets up. Third round likely (potential) matchup is Lake Travis. Region II in 6A just doesn't have much this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas