• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A Mtn Home Bombers @ 5A Harrison Golden Goblins Rivalry Game

Started by Go Postal, September 02, 2014, 08:57:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

I believe this local rivalry started in basketball and football around circa 1929.  Since then, over the years, we have kept the rivalry going on in ALL sports.  Both teams have had up years and down years, but seem to play very well against each other no matter what the rest of the season might bring.  Great rivalry.

Harrison defeated 4A Huntsville in a scrimmage game on last Friday night.

Harrison will open the season with Mountain Home on Friday night.
The Goblins, last season had a 44-7 win over Mountain Home. This year, the rivalry game has been moved to Week 1 of the season, then 6A Siloam Springs away and 6A Alma at home.
This game will start at 7:30 p.m. and will be Harrison's only game of the year to start then. The rest of the games will be a 7 p.m. start.

I believe this is the 1st time that Harrison has played all of their "old" non conference local/semi local rivals before the conference season starts. ;D

Comments and insights are welcomed...

(side note:  BTW, I'm a Bomber alumni (class of '75), but have lived longer in Harrison than Mtn Home.  GO Bombers!  GO Goblins!  Always love this game.)

Bomber_Believer

In my life I have seen more Bomber defeats, than victories.  Still don't look forward to any game more than this one.  Don't know if the Bombers can win it this year, but I know they will put forth an effort we haven't seen in a few years.  No matter what I know both teams will leave it all on the field come Friday night.

Go Postal

Quote from: Bomber_Believer on September 02, 2014, 09:16:11 pm
In my life I have seen more Bomber defeats, than victories.  Still don't look forward to any game more than this one.  Don't know if the Bombers can win it this year, but I know they will put forth an effort we haven't seen in a few years.  No matter what I know both teams will leave it all on the field come Friday night.
Good post +1 on an unbiased comment, great rivalry, though some teams might think that they have had a great local rivalry before 1929, I remember living in Mtn Home and that then the Goblins were the only team to beat.  If I remember right, when Tice became the head coach in his first year, he did a pretty good season, but when he talked to his boss, the Boss said, "Son, I don't care what you do in the season, but you have to beat the Bombers".  Now we are in different conferences, the feeling should be the same for both teams and coaches. ;)

Go Postal

Not sure if GOBTV will be live streaming this game yet...

MHFAN

The scores in this game have been crazy over the past 4 years.  Both teams have mercy ruled the other and 2 of the games have been within 10 points and a lot of fun to watch.  Harrison has an outstanding QB returning and will probably put up a lot of points.  MH has a new Offense that can be a struggle to defend from teams that run the spread.  I look for a lot of scoring and overall an exciting game.  I think the game will hinge on what Harrison's Defense can do. I will make the short trip. Hope we have good fan support.  It would be a big boost for both programs to get the victory.  Go Bombers!

Go Postal

I just looked at the weather for Friday night, maybe thunderstorms.  Pack up your rain gear, just in case.  Hopefully the weather doesn't make another "Midnight Special" game like it was a couple of years ago.  Good Luck to both teams and may the best team win!

(side note:  Where are all the Goblin alumni posters to give their comments?) ;)

The Coach

Harrison should roll in this game similar to last yr. they are the better team all the way across the board.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Cool 96.1 KCWD Radio will broadcast this game, and all goblin games, live beginning with pregame at 7pm,

Cool 96.1 prediction is Goblins 42 Bombers 13,

Goblins632011

Record for this new coach in 3 years is 7-23.
Not holding my breath here.  :-\

Burpsnart

Should be the best pillow fight of the week. I see Harrison coming alive in the 3rd quarter and slugging the Bombers with a soft, but firm, uppercut to put them to bed for the night.

bulldog42

I am not a fan of either team, but I work in Harrison and live near Mt Home.  This article was printed today in the Harrison daily times, this may stir things up a bit.

http://harrisondaily.com/sports/column-rivalry-week-goblins-vs-bummers/article_89f13f6c-350e-11e4-98c0-0019bb2963f4.html

razorhogs72501

Harrison should roll in this game. Bomber losing streak extends to 21 (TWENTY FREAKING ONE) Harrison 49 MH 16

The Coach

Quote from: Goblins632011 on September 05, 2014, 05:06:36 am
Record for this new coach in 3 years is 7-23.
Not holding my breath here.  :-\

Good thing it's a new year. Hopefully the community will back them instead of bailing on them like the last few yrs. Obviously you'll be in the bailing group.

Bomber_Believer

Stay classy Harrison.  Never seen a high school kid ejected.  And tonight I get to see 2.  I know Harrison was the better team but no need to be so classless.  Glad I can go home to Mtn Home tonight.

Go Postal

Quote from: Bomber_Believer on September 05, 2014, 09:36:24 pm
Stay classy Harrison.  Never seen a high school kid ejected.  And tonight I get to see 2.  I know Harrison was the better team but no need to be so classless.  Glad I can go home to Mtn Home tonight.
Usually it is a Huntsville/Harrison game that you see ejections.  Rivalry games, yes. But don't let your temper get the better of you.  It was different seeing the Goblin tackle taking over the FG duties. :o  Had one blocked, made the second one.  Harrison played very well, but there are some things that we need to work on for other similar running teams like Vilonia and Alma.  I thought that the Bombers played with a lot of heart, with their new scheme of offense, but need a little more experience on that scheme.  I see a lot of potential in this Bomber team.  Keep striving to get better, because the talent is there.

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on September 05, 2014, 11:14:53 pm
Quote from: Bomber_Believer on September 05, 2014, 09:36:24 pm
I see a lot of potential in this Bomber team.  Keep striving to get better, because the talent is there.

Bad thing is it won't matter when playing the teams they gotta play in conference.

Drama Mama ™

Always love leaving the stadium with a solid win against the Bombers but was pretty much bored by the half. Expected a HUGE blowout. Didn't expect 2 player ejections. Classy?  POT MEET KETTLE COMMENT?  Not sure the ejections were warranted but it is what it is. Both are good kids on and off the field. Great job tonight Gobs......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas