• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia vs Sylvan Hills

Started by InYoGrill, September 01, 2014, 07:48:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Eagles
6 (27.3%)
Bears
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: September 05, 2014, 07:48:39 pm

InYoGrill

Kickoff game for the young Eagles. Thoughts?

Bears have improved big time from several years to a very good year last season. Eagles faced catastrophic injuries from last year. Eagles need a good win to start season.

V- 27
SH- 24

Vteagle

Speed kills.....As much as I hate to say, SHHS runs all over the young Eagles.  SH only got even faster since last season, did not lose any size.  I hope the Eagles prove me wrong. 

AT

Vilonia looking to use the young guys they had last year with their experience to be better and Sylvan Hills looking for a breakout season. #11 vs #12 in our fan poll so whoever wins this one might be in top ten after this.

pantherblue

Interesting game.  I'll take the red birds by one. 24-23

Titan Spirit

vtowneagles

I don't think this will be a pretty game for vilonia! SH qb is fast strong and quick! Vilonias D can't match up to it! I hope they prove me wrong but I see 42-21 sylvan hills

InYoGrill

Quote from: vtowneagles on September 02, 2014, 02:06:17 am
I don't think this will be a pretty game for vilonia! SH qb is fast strong and quick! Vilonias D can't match up to it! I hope they prove me wrong but I see 42-21 sylvan hills

Is that the big qb that SH had last year or a new one. I figure SH has some really good size and they always had good skill players. Who coaches SH these days? Is it still that ex Mills coach Withrow or something like that? Also I thought I heard SH was upgrading the stadium. Its been a few years since I've been down there.

dip2172

September 02, 2014, 08:39:10 am #7 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:43:55 am by dip2172
Here is a video of the stadium taken by a friend of mine's drone.  You can see that the track is being resurfaced, but the new ticket booth doesn't show up in the video.  Needless to say, the improvements have been dramatic.  The stadium project is supposed to be complete by September 10 according to an article I read.

pantherblue

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Vteagle

SH has the same QB that took it to the house against us last year on the first offensive play they ran.  In addition to that, there is a lot of team speed besides him.  Withrow is still the coach and the stadium looks real nice...a much needed upgrade for that school!!!!

Mattison

Totally cannot call this one.   Too many variables.  I want to say our young guns will step up, but until they do, we don't have a barometer for this year.  This first game will set the tone for V for the rest of the year. 

PWDad

I think SH will likely win this one.
Vilonia will be affected more by the heat, got some key players / positions starting both ways still. They are really young and will definitely be undersized compared to SH.
SH looks really big on tape. They also have more numbers of players. They have got an outstanding QB leading them.
If the young kids can step up for Vilonia, it will be a decent game. The sophs are gonna have to play varsity football in a hurry. Learning on the fly is gonna be tough this year for them. But, long term, they will be a better team

InYoGrill

Good insight from all posters. Thanks for the air view of the field. Looks considerably better from all the years I have been to that stadium.  Glad to see they are finally upgrading some. Sounds like V has their work cut out for them.

How many players are on the team this year. I know past couple years have been mid to upper 40's. Did a lot of the 9th graders last year stay on the team this year for the varsity team? They won quite a few games their 8th grade year. Is Stanley's son playing and if so what position? stater?  That kid is a beast when I watched him in Jr High.

What is Coach Stout's role on the football team?

Mattison

Stanley's son, is concentrating on basketball, so not playing FB this year.   According to Max Preps Roster there are about 55 with jersey numbers posted, but I know that is a little high. Someone with an exact number can chime in, but I'd say high 40's to low 50's as of late summer practice.  There has been some fallout from Jr high to Sr high FB team based on natural attrition (moved outside of school dist) and boys deciding to focus on a primary sport other than FB (baseball, basketball, etc), but we have picked up a couple of good athletes who have moved here as well.

InYoGrill

Had to bump this to the top above a briar thread. Where's all the V posters at? Only 2 predicting victory??

Mattison

There will be tailgating from 5-6:30 tonight in front of the main gate at the Football Field in Vilonia.  Not sure what's cookin' but there will be t-shirts etc for sale for "Red Out" night.  #GYSOT  Go Eagles!

DogsWin7

Veagles have got this one.   

PWDad

Good luck to both SH and Vilonia tonight! Hope it is a good game for both teams, no injuries.
Gonna be there to support the Eagles!!!!

InYoGrill

Anyone at the game or listening to it on the radio? I'm out of town so I'm not there.

blue4hire

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 05, 2014, 09:32:34 pm

Anyone at the game or listening to it on the radio? I'm out of town so I'm not there.
41-18 Bears
late 4th

SECFOOTBALLFAN

vtowneagles

I felt like vilonia played a decent game! Mid 3rd quarter and it was 18-20, some costly turnovers by vilonia led to touchdowns by SH and vilonia just couldn't ever catch up in the 4th! Jeremiah Santiago had 130 yards rushing not sure how many carries had to be around 12-15! I don't think vilonia will make the playoffs this year but will be more competive! The score to the game was a lot worse than how vilonia actually played!

InYoGrill

Quote from: vtowneagles on September 05, 2014, 10:56:32 pm
I felt like vilonia played a decent game! Mid 3rd quarter and it was 18-20, some costly turnovers by vilonia led to touchdowns by SH and vilonia just couldn't ever catch up in the 4th! Jeremiah Santiago had 130 yards rushing not sure how many carries had to be around 12-15! I don't think vilonia will make the playoffs this year but will be more competive! The score to the game was a lot worse than how vilonia actually played!

Appreciate the update VTE's. No bad injuries right? Schedule favors the team to get some good wins next several weeks. Confidence should really help this young team. Did a lot of players play both ways tonight? Santiago if healthy will probably easily get 1000 yards and hopefully a bunch of td's this season.

Did you play last year?? Bunch of you have about the same FF name, LOL!

vtowneagles

I played 2 years ago! Trip reed went down pretty hard in the second half and never returned looked like a concussion! I don't think Jeremiah had any touchdowns I could be wrong though! Not many players played both ways! Shane steward #2 did he was only one that played both ways all night!

Vteagle

Vilonia left a lot of points out there last night. This game was closer then the score indicates! My question is; when will the Vilonia coaching staff start doing something about all the cheap shots that their team takes and constant personal foul penalties? This has been going on for years but nothing has been done to correct the problem! #11 for Vilonia should have been ejected by the refs tonight for a cheap shot during a SH's extra point. Didn't appear the coaching staff even said anything to him! Clean it up boys, you are making yourselves, school, coaches look foolish!!

VHSCoach2

Quote from: vtowneagles on September 05, 2014, 11:22:49 pm
I played 2 years ago! Trip reed went down pretty hard in the second half and never returned looked like a concussion! I don't think Jeremiah had any touchdowns I could be wrong though! Not many players played both ways! Shane steward #2 did he was only one that played both ways all night!

I believe Jeremiah took the second play of the game around 65 yards to the house, during the monsoon of a first quarter we had.  :D

PWDad

SH has some awesome athletes. They have 2 backs that can literally fly once they get to the outside.
But, Vilonia left a lot of points on the field, 4 times inside the 10, 3 of those inside the 5! So young, but seemed to be playing as a team. They have some things to work on, special teams, penalties, etc, but overall this is an improved team. I bet they had 300+ rushing yards last night. That is with 2 sophs starting at guard on the o line.
I believe the D wing can  work for this team.
Score didn't really tell the story of this game
Good job SH
** Only one injury, Tripp Reed appeared to have gotten a concussion. They need that kid with them, hope he is ok

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas