• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville @ Hope

Started by JackofallTrades, August 29, 2014, 11:12:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackofallTrades

Any week in advance predictions? I'm saying Hope by 1..22-21

02 bobcats

Hope 24 Nashville 14. Stubber has 2 TD passes Corey Haynes has the other n our kicker his a 25 yard field goal

Hoghead

17-14 Hope. Its going to be a good one !!!!

DerekOxford

~WPS~

I think it'll be low scoring. Two good defenses. I'll save my pick for next week.

paraloma

Bigbossman

hawgfan15

August 29, 2014, 06:49:10 pm #7 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:14:40 pm by hawgfan15
Nashville 27
Hope 14

Frogger

Quote from: DerekOxford on August 29, 2014, 12:57:15 pm
I'll go Hope 34-28.
no way either team puts that many points up unless turnovers or special teams

chaingang

DILLARDS-35  MIGRANT WORKERS-21

~WPS~

hawgfan15

~WPS~

hawgfan15

We are going to be good for at least one a game

Hoghead

Just got my Ike Turner Red HHS Jumpsuit out the cleaners ! Im going to be cleaner than a fresh bowl of chitterlings !!!!!   Hope 17 Nashville 14 FINAL !!!!!

SECFOOTBALLFAN

02 bobcats

Three days away! Hope 24 Nashville 14.

rapstr

GuvHog

Oldbadger

The key to beating Nashville will be to contain Petteway.  Lincoln did that in the first round of the playoffs last year.  I don't think Hope has the ability to contain a bigger, stronger, faster Petteway.  Nashville by one touchdown.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 04, 2014, 10:45:40 am
The key to beating Nashville will be to contain Petteway.  Lincoln did that in the first round of the playoffs last year.  I don't think Hope has the ability to contain a bigger, stronger, faster Petteway.  Nashville by one touchdown.

New year. A lot has changed

KOJACK

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on September 04, 2014, 08:51:43 am
Hope 35 Nashville 14

Sure would make you feel better about Week 3. Not happening though

Hoghead

Hope contained him last year. Ready for him this year. He played QB & WR and had a TD. Nashville lead 21-7. Then Hope's defense took over  35-21 Final. Hope has talent again this year. Pettway will be hard to stop. But if Haynes, Stubber and Caple get lose for Hope, Nashville has their hands full !

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoghead on September 04, 2014, 11:34:42 am

Hope contained him last year. Ready for him this year. He played QB & WR and had a TD. Nashville lead 21-7. Then Hope's defense took over  35-21 Final. Hope has talent again this year. Pettway will be hard to stop. But if Haynes, Stubber and Caple get lose for Hope, Nashville has their hands full !

Y'all haven't seen Pettway at WR or Hopkins at RB. Should be in for a treat

paraloma

For those that enjoy a little history.

paraloma

September 04, 2014, 12:24:45 pm #26 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:32:56 pm by paraloma
80 Years Ago

I think Nashville had a few Tollett's on the team.

hawgfan15

Quote from: paraloma on September 04, 2014, 12:18:04 pm

That is pretty cool, thanks!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: paraloma on September 04, 2014, 12:24:45 pm
80 Years Ago

I think Nashville had a few Tollett's on the team.

Wow...look at the prices...

Hoghead

Quote from: paraloma on September 04, 2014, 12:18:04 pm

I remember it well. I was a Sophmore Bobcat that night. Slick Davis and I just talked about our Nashville battles back then. Good stuff Paraloma !!!!

Frogger

Quote from: Hoghead on September 04, 2014, 11:34:42 am

pettways not the one you gotta stop.

02 bobcats

We have played against Nashville all summer long. Our DBs r up for the challenge! Just like we took deion out the game against Camden we will do the same with pettway. Some one else will have 2 beat us. U will not be able 2 beat us with the run so they better have 2 r 3 other guys 2 have a chance 2 get the win in Hope

hawgfan15

Quote from: 02 bobcats on September 04, 2014, 03:14:53 pm
We have played against Nashville all summer long. Our DBs r up for the challenge! Just like we took deion out the game against Camden we will do the same with pettway. Some one else will have 2 beat us. U will not be able 2 beat us with the run so they better have 2 r 3 other guys 2 have a chance 2 get the win in Hope

Deion Holliman 5'10
LaMichael Pettway 6'3

Good luck

As for the rest of that post we will see what you think after tomorrow night

polksalet

^ Someone is in for a surprise tomorrow night.

Jay Turley 1989 28
Jay Turley 2014 14

I just think Nashville has too any skill players. But I can easily see that score being flipped.

Bigbossman

I asked it on the 4A thread and gonna ask it here. How long has it been since hope was mercy ruled?

hawgfan15

Quote from: Bigbossman on September 04, 2014, 07:57:34 pm
I asked it on the 4A thread and gonna ask it here. How long has it been since hope was mercy ruled?

We mercy ruled them in 2010

02 bobcats

If anything hope has 2 many skill players. He was 6 '3 a year ago too wasn't he?  He had one good run and was caught from behind. Not taking anything away from him because I am a pettway fan but we are more then capable of containing him 2ma night. Will he be shut down? Prollly not he is 2 good a player. Can we contain him yes we can.

~WPS~

Pettway hasn't played receiver against Hope so I don't see how you could think they could contain him. Nobody else could last year when he moved there. Only way to do it is double team him and if you do then you'll regret it because the 3 other very good receivers will make you pay.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on September 04, 2014, 09:13:57 pm
Pettway hasn't played receiver against Hope so I don't see how you could think they could contain him. Nobody else could last year when he moved there. Only way to do it is double team him and if you do then you'll regret it because the 3 other very good receivers will make you pay.
+1

hawgfan15

Quote from: 02 bobcats on September 04, 2014, 09:05:55 pm
If anything hope has 2 many skill players. He was 6 '3 a year ago too wasn't he?  He had one good run and was caught from behind. Not taking anything away from him because I am a pettway fan but we are more then capable of containing him 2ma night. Will he be shut down? Prollly not he is 2 good a player. Can we contain him yes we can.

LOL Hope had too many skill players last year. You are the main one down playing the loss of Westmoreland and the big RB (Kight I believe). Hope doesn't have two guys like that this year. Don't even mention the two 5'6 RB's... Not even close. Love is good but he will have to touch the ball 20+ times.

Hoghead

If I'm not mistaken Pettway lined up at WR some in the Hope game last year. The short QB came in cause he threw a tipped pass for a Int. This game will be decided by turnovers.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoghead on September 04, 2014, 11:23:52 pm

If I'm not mistaken Pettway lined up at WR some in the Hope game last year. The short QB came in cause he threw a tipped pass for a Int. This game will be decided by turnovers.

You are mistaken. Pettway was the QB the entire game. He didnt start lining up at WR until week 3 at Watson Chapel.

A lot of changes have been made since the last time Hope saw Nashville. New QB, D1 WR, new defensive scheme, and several position changes. OH and a pretty good RB is in high school now

Hoghead

Hope fans know about the RB and Qb at Nashville. Hope has some new wrinkles as well. Stopping Agim & Monk will be hard for Nashville. That's what hurt the Scrappers last year. Those DE's chased Pettway into the ground and took away thier passing game.

Offensivly, Stubbor the Qb has some nasty weapons in Love, Caple, Haynes, Lawson and Steveson. The O-Line with Rowe is the same O-Line from last year. Physical and fast. Hope will be just as stealthy as last year in their comeback win on The Hill. Good Luck ! This bunch of Bobcats are very good.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoghead on September 05, 2014, 12:34:36 am
Hope fans know about the RB and Qb at Nashville. Hope has some new wrinkles as well. Stopping Agim & Monk will be hard for Nashville. That's what hurt the Scrappers last year. Those DE's chased Pettway into the ground and took away thier passing game.

Offensivly, Stubbor the Qb has some nasty weapons in Love, Caple, Haynes, Lawson and Steveson. The O-Line with Rowe is the same O-Line from last year. Physical and fast. Hope will be just as stealthy as last year in their comeback win on The Hill. Good Luck ! This bunch of Bobcats are very good.

One of those DE's is gone. Pettway had a hard time because he had no one to throw to. The Nashville Oline will be much better this year.

So are y'all telling me Hope's skill players are better than last years?? That would be comical.

Hoghead

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 05, 2014, 12:41:23 am
Quote from: Hoghead on September 05, 2014, 12:34:36 am

One of those DE's is gone. Pettway had a hard time because he had no one to throw to. The Nashville Oline will be much better this year.

So are y'all telling me Hope's skill players are better than last years?? That would be comical.

Laugh if you must....But I will tell you they have more speed than last year. Wait till you see this years Fullback. Last year Westmoreland was the key RB. This year they have 3 guys who can give them Westmoreland like results. Hope will be confusing with the RB's they have and how they will use them. Laugh if you must, but you'll see tonight.

02 bobcats

lol down playing? I would never disrespect Westmoreland ever that's a close friend of mine. The kight kid barely touched the ball against y'all a year ago. We beat y'all throwing the ball. 4 of our 5 TDs was in the passing game. Do we have a Westmoreland on this team yes we do! Will he produce like Westmoreland? We shall see 2 night. One thing hope has always had and continue 2 have is skill players and speed. As far as the d line goes this d line is better then last year's. Nobody will be able 2 block or front 3 without DBL teaming one of them!

02 bobcats

Remember the name Stevenson! U can't miss him. He will be all over the field and he also wears number 7 just as Westmoreland did and he's faster.

hawgfan15

I will have to see it to believe it. Looking forward to a great game tonight. I hope everyone has safe travels!

02 bobcats

I wish traveling grace on all attending the game. U will get 2 see my friend

fbbb22

Hope lost Westmoreland and are crazy to think they have someone as good as him on there team....not even close... they may have speed but Westmoreland was most of that offense last year.... Great player....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas