• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Pre-Season Vote (2nd annual)

Started by AT, August 09, 2014, 02:10:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Quote from: incogneto on August 17, 2014, 12:01:18 pm
PA
Batesville
Wynne
CF
Sylvan Hills
Hope
LRCA
Greenbriar
White Hall
Watson Chapel

Fan of?

incogneto

AT

Ok thank you.

That means no more Vilonia fans will count as a poll since that is the third one to vote. If you are a Vilonia fan, you can still put your poll in and I will use it as an alternate.

Also, it's first come, first serve every time, so these three Vilonia fans aren't locked in for the poll every week.

I also may rethink the three fans per school rule. Just keep sending the polls in.

Redskins2014

Fan of pocahontas

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4. Camden fairview
5. Hope
6. Morrilton
7. White hall
8. Greenbrier
9. Harrison
10. Nettleton

Go Redskins!

AT

Thanks Redskins and welcome to FearlessFriday!

Elvis Hoggoblin

Fan of THE Harrison Freakin Golden Goblins!

Wynne
PA
Batesville
Camden Fairview
Hope
Morrilton
White Hall
Greenbriar
Watson Chapel
Harrison

(To be considered:Sylvan Hills, Mills, LRC, Vilonia)

jaxalum2008

FanBoosterof Jacksonville

New coach for Jax will surprise many and shake up 5a:

1. Batesville
2. Harrison
3. Camden Fairview
4. Maumelle
5. Jacksonville
6. Beebe
7. LR Mills
8. VILONIA
9. LR Christian
10. North Pulaski

DEVIL DOG HOG

August 18, 2014, 03:20:06 pm #57 Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:22:13 pm by DEVIL DOG HOG
Fan of Morrilton

1.  Vilonia
2.  Wynne
3.  Hope
4.  Camden Fairview
5.  PA
6.  Morrilton
7.  White Hall
8.  Batesville
9.  Greenbriar
10.  Harrison

Big Fan

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 18, 2014, 03:20:06 pm
Fan of Morrilton

1.  Vilonia
2.  Wynne
3.  Hope
4.  Camden Fairview
5.  PA
6.  Morrilton
7.  White Hall
8.  Batesville
9.  Greenbriar
10.  Harrison

WOW! 

AT

Well, I welcome all polls. I'm even debating counting Uncle Ivan's.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 18, 2014, 09:49:40 pm
Well, I welcome all polls. I'm even debating counting Uncle Ivan's.

Nah.  I'm not going to be able to enter in every week. 

Best of luck with it, however.  It can be a headache.

Hoghead

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4.Camden Fvw
5. Hope
6.Sylvan Hills
7.Greenbrier
8.White Hall
9.Morillton
10. Watson Chapel

Fan of Hope......

AT

Quote from: Hoghead on August 19, 2014, 01:18:18 pm
1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4.Camden Fvw
5. Hope
6.Sylvan Hills
7.Greenbrier
8.White Hall
9.Morillton
10. Watson Chapel

Fan of Hope......

I was wondering when you were going to show up.

By the way guys, we have 25 polls. Great job. Keep them coming. Like I said, I'm going to probably post either August 30th or 31st.

IF I keep running this and C-Mac doesn't want to (haven't really decided that yet), then my rule would be that you can vote as soon as the last 5A game is complete and recorded on FF on Friday or Saturday morning. BUT, just because you vote in the preseason poll, doesn't mean you have to vote every week. Also just because you didn't vote in the preseason poll, doesn't mean you can't vote in other weeks.

It's first come, first serve to the extent that only 3 fans per school can vote per week. THe number of polls overall I'm allowing is unlimited.

Go Postal

I've seen a lot of votes from the center of the state.  Wish that more North part of the state, from East, Center and West from any conference also voted.  Heck, even the surrounding border states would be nice as wild cards.

Lionheart88

Proportionally, there aren't that many from the Pulaski County area.  There's never much support for the PCSSD/LRSD schools in 5A.  Now don't get me wrong, there are a few very vocal posters from that area, but the numbers are lower than one would expect.  PA probably has as many as any other Pulaksi County school, and they're the smallest team in 5A.

AT

After all the votes are in, I'll count by conference who is represented.

02 bobcats

Wynne
Hope
Pa
Camden
Morrilton
Batesville
Harrison
White hall
WC
Sylvan hills

DogsWin7

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 18, 2014, 03:20:06 pm
Fan of Morrilton

1.  Vilonia
2.  Wynne
3.  Hope
4.  Camden Fairview
5.  PA
6.  Morrilton
7.  White Hall
8.  Batesville
9.  Greenbriar
10.  Harrison
what?? 

AT

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 20, 2014, 09:09:40 pm
Wynne
Hope
Pa
Camden
Morrilton
Batesville
Harrison
White hall
WC
Sylvan hills

Thanks for the poll.

I will assume you are a Hope fan which means that 3 Hope fans have now sent in polls and any remaining Hope fans that send in polls will be alternates and may not count towards the official poll.

02 bobcats

Yes a die heart bobcat fan since I was 10 n 1993

jaxalum2008

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 20, 2014, 08:25:06 pm

When will the votes be tallied up?

Go Postal

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on August 22, 2014, 06:37:54 pm

trackster said around the 30th or 31st.  Get your votes in before the 30th to qualify.

AT

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on August 22, 2014, 06:37:54 pm

I'm going to go ahead and set in stone that I will post the tallied 5A Fan Pre-Season Poll on August 31st. This means you must get your poll in by midnight of August 30th.

AT

hogwild_82

NO WAY WATSON CHAPEL CAN BE IN TOP 10!

I watched the scrimmage between Star City / Watson Chapel / Forrest City

For a 4A team Star City whipped Watson Chapel. Star City gave Forrest City all the wanted. The best looking team there was by far Forrest City, their defense was really good except for a couple of plays. Their first group shut out Watson Chapel until late when their subs gave up a touchdown on a fumble that a reciever picked up and nobody could catch him (fluke)

Either Forrest City and Star City are really good, or Chapel is WAY down!

AT

hog you should put in a poll.

Bump to let everyone know only a few days left to put in a poll.

FalconSwallowingHornet

Fan of the Mighty Falcons of North Pulaski:

After watching Bryant dispatch of that of PA, it seems as if that is an indicator of how :

good Bryant is

OR

how bad PA has become.

Time will tell.

With that said, here is a top 10 for class 5A:

01. Wynne
02. Camden Fairview
03. Morrilton
04. Jacksonville
05. Batesville
06. Little Rock Christian
07. Maumelle
08. Little Rock Mills
09. Sylvan Hills
10. North Pulaski

Also Considered: Harrison, Greenbrier, Forrest City, Hope

Lionheart88

It's must be a hard life, lost up there in the clouds, so far from reality. :)

wildboy44

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 28, 2014, 08:35:10 pm
It's must be a hard life, lost up there in the clouds, so far from reality. :)
+2

Bluepanther86

Fan of Greenbrier.
1. Wynne I don't know much about them so I can't say Yes or no
2. PA It's pa they are always good...
3. Batesville Loses a few good players but is always stacked an comes on strong at end of season
4.Camden Fvw I know a coach down there he said it'll be tough but they outtah be good.
5. Hope Not much to say about them I don't know alot
6.Sylvan Hills Doesn't belong here.. Greenbrier lit them up in only a 12 minute game the other night
7.Greenbrier Being a fan I believe Greenbrier Will surprise alot.
8.White Hall Idk much
9.Morillton Going to be a down year..
10. Watson Chapel Idk much
If I was to take out Sylvan Hills Id move GB up to 6, move Morillton to 10. An Harrison to 9 an WC to 8 an WH to 7...

AT

Ok gentlemen and at least one lady. Today/tonight is the last day you can send in a poll to be counted towards the preseason poll. If you want it to count towards that poll you have to send it in before midnight tonight.

If you send it in at 12:01, I'm going to be that guy and not count it. Sorry, but not sorry for being that guy.

The actual poll will be released tomorrow sometime afternoon. Thanks guys (and lady).

wildboy44

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 30, 2014, 10:45:50 am
Ok gentlemen and at least one lady. Today/tonight is the last day you can send in a poll to be counted towards the preseason poll. If you want it to count towards that poll you have to send it in before midnight tonight.

If you send it in at 12:01, I'm going to be that guy and not count it. Sorry, but not sorry for being that guy.

The actual poll will be released tomorrow sometime afternoon. Thanks guys (and lady).
Camden Fairview fan.
1. Wynne
2. Batesville
3. P. A.
4. Camden Fairview
5. Hope
6. Morrilton
7. White hall
8. LRC
9. Jacksonville
10. Watson Chapel

AT

Quote from: wildboy44 on August 30, 2014, 11:16:10 am
Quote from: Almatrackster on August 30, 2014, 10:45:50 am

Camden Fairview fan.
1. Wynne
2. Batesville
3. P. A.
4. Camden Fairview
5. Hope
6. Morrilton
7. White hall
8. LRC
9. Jacksonville
10. Watson Chapel

Because of the 3 fans per school rule, this is the last Camden Fairview poll that will be counted. Thanks wildboy.

Dudeness

LRCA fan

1) PA
2) Wynne
3) Batesville
4) Little Rock Christian - prepare to be surprised!
5) Morrilton
6) White Hall
7) Hope
8 ) Maumelle
9) Greenbrier
10) Mills

chaingang

Wynne YellowJacket Fan

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Batesville
4. Camden Fairview
5. Morrilton
6. V-Town
7. Hope
8. Forrest City
9. GreenBreir
10. Harrison

AT

Thanks chaingang. And the preseason poll is officially closed.

I will be starting a new thread tomorrow afternoon with the results of the voting and the Preseason Fan Poll.

Youngsta71701

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Dudeness on August 30, 2014, 10:45:53 pm
LRCA fan

1) PA
2) Wynne
3) Batesville
5) Morrilton
6) White Hall
7) Hope
8 ) Maumelle
9) Greenbrier
10) Mills

I guess LR Christian is replacing Camden Fairview huh?

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: FalconSwallowingHornet on August 28, 2014, 07:51:26 pm
Fan of the Mighty Falcons of North Pulaski:

After watching Bryant dispatch of that of PA, it seems as if that is an indicator of how :

good Bryant is

OR

how bad PA has become.

Time will tell.

With that said, here is a top 10 for class 5A:

01. Wynne
02. Camden Fairview
03. Morrilton
04. Jacksonville
05. Batesville
06. Little Rock Christian
07. Maumelle
08. Little Rock Mills
09. Sylvan Hills
10. North Pulaski

Also Considered: Harrison, Greenbrier, Forrest City, Hope

I'm not sure this even deserves a response...but I'll bite anyway.  If you consider PA losing by 7 in the varsity portion of the scrimmage a "dispatch". What will you call what happens to the Falcons in week 4?

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 02, 2014, 09:27:15 am
Quote from: Dudeness on August 30, 2014, 10:45:53 pm
LRCA fan

1) PA
2) Wynne
3) Batesville
5) Morrilton
6) White Hall
7) Hope
8 ) Maumelle
9) Greenbrier
10) Mills

I guess LR Christian is replacing Camden Fairview huh?
This was funny!!

jaxalum2008

I believe what FSH is trying to say is that PA expectantly went into the scrimmage against Bryant and was anticipating the refs to "hand" them the game based upon program name and recognition. I have personally seen coach Kelley get in the refs' faces about calls that didn't go their way.

When PA travels to Texas, they will learn how a game is to truly be officiated. During the process, mighty Highland Park will take the Bruins to the woodshed due to the lack of experience of the level of officiating and physicality.

HP 56 PA 22

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 02, 2014, 12:40:34 pm
I believe what FSH is trying to say is that PA expectantly went into the scrimmage against Bryant and was anticipating the refs to "hand" them the game based upon program name and recognition. I have personally seen coach Kelley get in the refs' faces about calls that didn't go their way.

When PA travels to Texas, they will learn how a game is to truly be officiated. During the process, mighty Highland Park will take the Bruins to the woodshed due to the lack of experience of the level of officiating and physicality.

HP 56 PA 22

You always talk about the horrible officiating when Jacksonville plays PA in any sport. Go toot your horn to someone who gives a crap!  I'm sure you are at every PA game and are close enough to the sideline to know exactly how Coach Kelley treats officials.... ::)  Show me one football (or any other sport for that matter) coach who doesn't yell at officials at some point, I'll buy you dinner!  Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the game in Dallas with better officials.  I'll be the first to tell you officials in Arkansas are not great, but they can't really do anything about it until they have a "overflow" of people wanting to put on the stripes.

As for the HP game, we'll see what happens.  I figure depth will play a crucial part in the game.

FalconSwallowingHornet

Those for have kept up with Falcons know they are mostly an academic school, kind of like the college types of Duke, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, and etc.

I do agree the Falcons may seem to be a push over team, but hopefully in the next couple years when the new school district comes together, a new coach will be at the helm.

Meanwhile, a three win season will be an accomplishment for the North Pulaski Falcons.

jaxalum2008

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 02, 2014, 02:09:45 pm

You always talk about the horrible officiating when Jacksonville plays PA in any sport. Show me one football (or any other sport for that matter) coach who doesn't yell at officials at some point, I'll buy you dinner!  Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the game in Dallas with better officials.  I'll be the first to tell you officials in Arkansas are not great, but they can't really do anything about it until they have a "overflow" of people wanting to put on the stripes.

As for the HP game, we'll see what happens.  I figure depth will play a crucial part in the game.

I'll take you up on that dinner offer: How about Barry Hickingbotham?

Does the name Pat O'Brien mean anything to you? (Yes, he served the state well in his own way, but that is another topic for another time)....

Also, I will say it may seem as if I talk about the officiating, particularly when it comes to Bruins vs Red Devils. Did you know the one of the young men on the Bruins' football roster has a father that owns quite a few McDonald's, not to mention that the grandfather has 20+ ?

The reason I ask is because Pat O'Brien has said he has received information on the referees getting a nice "bonus" from such a person from Golden Arches to ensure a victory against the competition.

jaxalum2008

I'll also be happy to help officiate these awesome Arkansas football games; in fact, I am proactively getting myself certified :)

Just a matter of time before I get to start blowing that whistle!

football nut

September 03, 2014, 08:24:58 pm #95 Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:39:23 pm by football nut
Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 03, 2014, 05:10:49 pm
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 02, 2014, 02:09:45 pm

You always talk about the horrible officiating when Jacksonville plays PA in any sport. Show me one football (or any other sport for that matter) coach who doesn't yell at officials at some point, I'll buy you dinner!  Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the game in Dallas with better officials.  I'll be the first to tell you officials in Arkansas are not great, but they can't really do anything about it until they have a "overflow" of people wanting to put on the stripes.

I'll take you up on that dinner offer: How about Barry Hickingbotham?

Does the name Pat O'Brien mean anything to you? (Yes, he served the state well in his own way, but that is another topic for another time)....

Also, I will say it may seem as if I talk about the officiating, particularly when it comes to Bruins vs Red Devils. Did you know the one of the young men on the Bruins' football roster has a father that owns quite a few McDonald's, not to mention that the grandfather has 20+ ?

The reason I ask is because Pat O'Brien has said he has received information on the referees getting a nice "bonus" from such a person from Golden Arches to ensure a victory against the competition.
Pat O'Brien is either an idiot or a liar. Love your fetish with PA though. You put great bulletin board material together for the PA kids. Unfortunately, based on Jacksonville's performance over the last decade, you need to have a coke, a smile and shut up!
Coach BH is a great coach and he does not need you on here making silly claims that motivate other teams.
Your hurting your team dude!

jaxalum2008

Mr. Football,

Are you aware of Pat O'Brien's PR?

He has a lot of charisma and has a lot of knowledge. He hardly ever speaks about anything without having prior information about the matter. If he does not know about the matter, he will say something like "I will get back with you on that", or something close to that.

O'Brien has also helped propel Jacksonville into a position with a few key other players such as Daniel Gray for the new school district to be put into vote (and more than likely) on September 16, the new school district will be formed.

So how am I hurting the team? Coach  BH knows about my postings, and is very much delighted. He likes to see what is going on in the forums, and enjoys the feedback. Coach BH is also a Jacksonville alum, so he understands the mediocrity the program took, and is looking for ways to turn things around, starting with the movie that just came out "When the Game Stands Tall". He is also hoping for a lot of upgrades to equipment, granted the new school district is put into motion.

That was one of the questions from the crowd at the last meeting at Jacksonville Community Center, and that will be among the top priorities. 

football nut

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on September 03, 2014, 09:02:40 pm
Mr. Football,

Are you aware of Pat O'Brien's PR?

He has a lot of charisma and has a lot of knowledge. He hardly ever speaks about anything without having prior information about the matter. If he does not know about the matter, he will say something like "I will get back with you on that", or something close to that.

O'Brien has also helped propel Jacksonville into a position with a few key other players such as Daniel Gray for the new school district to be put into vote (and more than likely) on September 16, the new school district will be formed.

So how am I hurting the team? Coach  BH knows about my postings, and is very much delighted. He likes to see what is going on in the forums, and enjoys the feedback. Coach BH is also a Jacksonville alum, so he understands the mediocrity the program took, and is looking for ways to turn things around, starting with the movie that just came out "When the Game Stands Tall". He is also hoping for a lot of upgrades to equipment, granted the new school district is put into motion.

That was one of the questions from the crowd at the last meeting at Jacksonville Community Center, and that will be among the top priorities.
Just to make it perfectly clear, Pat O'Brien is either an idiot or a liar! All the other stuff you discuss is psycho babble.
On a more serious note, if PA folks were going to spend money to buy ref's (assuming Pat O'Brien's allegations are correct) why in the world would we waste money on Jacksonville???  I would have rather spent it on the semi-final game!!
Win with respect and lose with dignity.
You seem to struggle with both.

DogsWin7

I'm taking it that jaxalum is related to Pat O B?   Or his spokesperson??

Youngsta71701

September 04, 2014, 10:06:19 am #99 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:18:05 pm by Youngsta71701
Almatrackster, you should make it clear that this poll is for serious pollsters only. Because some of these polls on here are a joke! ROTFL!

Example: See reply #10 and #56

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas