• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers for Booneville player

Started by Bearcat91, September 24, 2010, 10:30:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearcat91

Anthony Napier a junior fullback/linebacker was injured in the game tonite against Subiaco. Dr. Boylard told him and his family he tore his acl. The kid was in alot of pain and if you can find it in your heart please pray for him. He is a awesome player and a great kid.

marsh8727

ACL is quite painful... my sympathies go to him, and hopes of a speedy recovery.

bearcats2010

Prayin for Napier, he is a great kid and a good player that the Cats will miss severely!

STEPHEN J

OldScrap

mr.b@sc

RATTLER43

pantherfight

GLion Alum

chucktownboys

scrapdawg2

More prayers from Scrapper land for player, town, school and family of this young man.

hoghigh

With Napier out, who is our backup at FB?  Prayers for Anthony.

gitrdone

Foreverblackandgold

bearcatmom

Prayers from Mena Bearcat Country to Booneville Bearcat Country.  Praying for a quick recovery for him.

edghog

Doo-Dad

Anthony, hope it gets to feeling better, here's to a full and speedy recovery.

Rabhog

Green Machine

Holds a big club

Good luck to the kid
hope all turns out good and does so quickly

Coach Venny Slocombe

I know the boy and his family, good people. Hope he is better soon.

allboys

Prayers from Ozark. The kid is a awesome player hope he makes a speedy comeback.

BHSBEARCATMOM

Thanks so much for all the well wishes  and prayers its so amazing to read these post from different towns.  We have been so blessed!   Its definitely put a smile on his face and we hadn't seen much of that in the last couple of days.  It's been kind of gloom and doom!  We took him for an MRI today and hopefully we will know what were up against soon!  I'll try to update as soon as we find out!  We appreciate all of you and your prayers!

BHSBEARCATMOM

Sad news!!!  Anthony Napier  has a torn ACL and a partial torn MCL!  He will have to have surgery, we just don't know when yet! His knee has to be preped (no swelling, bone bruise has to heel, etc.)  This has been really devistating for him because his passion is Football!  He is out for the rest of the season!  Please continue the prayers, he needs them!  Our family has been blessed with so many friends and the support has been overwhelming!  We really appreciate our FF family!   I will try to keep this Thread updated!    Thanks to all ~ God Bless!

sam

Man that really stinks!!!

Anthony is next in line of great Booneville fullbacks!

It's funny, because it's almost like on a video game when you create a player.  With Anthony it's almost like we created him to be a great high school fullback and linebacker!

I HATE to hear this!

He'll keep his head up though because his family doesn't know any other way to do it.  He will come back and have a great senior year because Andy and Lisa won't accept anything less!

Rehab is legal torture but remember it will get you back on that field.

Good luck buddy!  My family and I will be praying for you!!

buzzinbee

Anthony, Keep your head up!  Will be praying for you.

BHSBEARCATMOM

Anthonys knee is ready for surgery!!!   His surgery is scheduled for 12:00 on Monday 18th, with Doc Bolyard at the River Valley Musk. Surgery Center.  They are going to do an ACL replacement.  His MCL is starting to tighten back up on its own.  We are ready to have this done and get on our way to recovery!    We've been very Blessed with support from family and friends!  Everyone has been amazing!  I would like to Thank the FF family for all the Love, support and prayers you have offered on here.  Its amazing what a call or a post will do for someone who feels like their whole world has come crashing down.  As a mom ...  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  God Bless!

I will keep you updated on his progress!

edghog

Good luck and our prayers are with you guys!

hillbilly

More prayers from Ozark. Get better soon!

pantherfight

Has there been an update yet? More prayers from Heber Springs. God Bless everyone involved with this player.

Bearcat91

He had his surgery monday. His acl was repaired with a donor, his mcl was sprained but should be ok and his meniscus was repaired. Started pt today so hes on his way. Thanks to all who sent prayers and well wishes. This kid will come through this fine. Hes as tuff as they come.

BHSBEARCATMOM

It's been almost a week since surgery,  which went great!  His Doctor and Therapist are the Best Ever!!!  Doc Bolyard  was very please with the outcome!  Anthonys' ACL was replaced with a donor and when they got into his knee the Doc found his meniscus was tore also, so he fixed that.  The MCL is starting to heal also.  By the time this is all said and done, he should have a very strong knee and be back at it next year 100 %.  He has been in alot of pain though.  He had surgery on Monday and he started therapy on Tuesday. He has made great progress from just 4 days of therapy.  T. Prewett has been amazing with him in therapy.   I've been amazed at the inner and outer strength he has shown.  This has been one of the hardest trials he has ever been through, yesterday was his birthday and he had to sit on the track with his leg propped up during the game against Waldron.  He couldn't stand it because he wasn't on the sideline , but it was too risky, and he had to keep his leg up because of swelling. He wanted to be out there so bad.  I'm so proud of him.  He has handled this very well.  I can't THANK everyone enough for all the Love, the Prayers and Support you have given to him and our family.  I will continue to update his progress, please continue the prayers.  God Bless

edghog

He has good genes. He'll be fine. Tell him to keep working hard and Ozark is pulling for him.

BHSBEARCATMOM

Great Doctors appt. today!  Got his stitches out, doc said 3 or 4 more weeks on crutches and continue PT.  He goes back to the doc in 4 weeks.  He's making great progress!  Thanks to everyone who have supported him through this difficult time in his life.  Please continue what you've been doing because it's working!  Also please continue the prayers!  Our family really appreciates you!  I will update at a later date.  Thanks!

pantherfight

More prayers from Heber Springs. Glad to hear he is doing better. What a dedicated player. That is wonderful to support your team.

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

more prayers from the mena bearcats. just lett him know that even though he plays for a rival team he is still in our thoughts and prayers. idc who someone plays for when its something like that is is disheartening  to see someone go down with such a terrible injury. glad to hear he is coming along ad doing much better! just tell him to pray and put his faith and trust in the lord and keep working hard and he will be back on that feild playing like nothing ever happened. once again more prayers from the mena bearcats

BHSBEARCATMOM

I AGREE WITH FORMERBLACKBEARCAT....  I feel the same way, No Matter what team an injured player plays for, the FF family always comes through, with lots of Prayers, Love and Support for that kid.  I'm sure I speak for others as well as myself,  It  makes me really proud to be part of FF.  It's amazing how the encouraging words sent on FF can make a dull day a little brighter for any athlete.  You all are a real blessing to my son!  I will try to keep this post updated.  Thanks!

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

BHSBEARCATMOM.....u dont know how good it can make someone that just recently graduated feel by saying. its really nice to know that what little i or someone on here can say could mean that much to u and or especialy to your son. it sucks i never got the privelage of playing against him. (i only played against the now seniors of BHS). it sounds like he is a very strong willed guy with allot of heart. i know that with hard work and help from the good lord above he will be just fine and hes gonna be one heck of a player next year! 

Danvillegrad77

Prayers from Danville.  Keep your faith strong and you will prevail.  I really miss the old days when we were able to play ya'll..  We alway knew if we could compete with the bearcats, we would do fine in the playoffs.  Danville never won a state title without beatin booneville first.  Good luck the rest of the season and with the recuperation.

BHSBEARCATMOM

Quote from: FORMERBLACKBEARCAT on October 27, 2010, 10:39:25 pm
BHSBEARCATMOM.....u dont know how good it can make someone that just recently graduated feel by saying. its really nice to know that what little i or someone on here can say could mean that much to u and or especialy to your son. it sucks i never got the privelage of playing against him. (i only played against the now seniors of BHS). it sounds like he is a very strong willed guy with allot of heart. i know that with hard work and help from the good lord above he will be just fine and hes gonna be one heck of a player next year! 

Thanks, we appreciate that! What year did you graduate?  Anthony is a Junior this year.  He will be on the sidelines this Friday Night for the Big Battle of the Bearcats!      If you get a chance come down and say Hi!  We'll be close by!

FORMERBLACKBEARCAT

i graduated in 09. and i surely will if i get the chance!  my last year to play was when booneville beat us 17-13 with like a minute left in the game.

chilly gilly

Prayers from Sugartown!!!!! Speedy recovery!!!!!!!!

BHSBEARCATMOM

Quote from: FORMERBLACKBEARCAT on November 02, 2010, 06:51:34 am
i graduated in 09. and i surely will if i get the chance!  my last year to play was when booneville beat us 17-13 with like a minute left in the game.

You played against my older son, #64 Ethan Napier he started on the line as a soph, in 09.  I remember that game.  What was your football # and what position did you play? 

I guess we missed you at the game!  Anthony was still down on the sidelines, pacing!

Latest update - Anthony is off his crutches!  Yeah!  Doing very well in PT.  He has been doing leg presses, bicycle, wall slides, and various workouts, He gets to start the treadmill this week.  He's pretty excited!  His progress has been awesome!  Thanks to all for the calls and prayers, We appreciate all the support,  this has been amazing for him. It has definitely helped him keep his chin up!  I know it has still been hard for him not playing,  he wants to be out there so bad!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas