• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-4

Started by BigMan15, July 27, 2014, 03:23:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 3A-4 conference this year

Charleston
0 (0%)
Paris
1 (33.3%)
Booneville
2 (66.7%)
Lavaca
0 (0%)
Danville
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 08:46:45 am

BigMan15

Booneville will win the conference pretty easy the battle will be for second...charleston and Paris...which if booneville does win would that be the first time in a long time that they didn't win conference...senior high without a doubt is charleston and booneville...Paris is lucky to go to the state playoffs..

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston will win jr high conf

BigMan15

Should be fun to watch this year

BigMan15

Who does charleston play today

WPWells

BigMan15

How are they this year?  Paris plays greenwood today I think if Paris can stay within a couple of tds that would be positive.

Frogger

We'll I don't have a dog in this fight so I just looked the track stats up from last springs jh meet.  Paris had the fastest kid Demone Thomas that ran 11.9

Frogger

Looking at the track meets from last year there should be some really good athletes for both charleston and Paris this year in jun high. 

WPWells

Charleston doesn't run track

Frogger

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 02, 2014, 02:40:54 pm
well that's odd I see all the charleston times on direct, including ty storey June high results.  What in the world are you talking about

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Frogger on September 02, 2014, 02:50:42 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 02, 2014, 02:40:54 pm
well that's odd I see all the charleston times on direct, including ty storey June high results.  What in the world are you talking about

They run track, they just dont have a track.  Mainly only compete in district.

ATU

Charleston only has Track in Jr. high.

BigMan15

What time does trinity and charleston start

BigMan15

Charleston up 14-0 againest trinity

BigMan15

Paris pulls the upset and beats greenwood 28-22...

IndependentFootballFan

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 02, 2014, 08:34:32 pm
Not to take anything from Paris, but according to the Greenwood schedule, the Greenwood 8th grade team played Paris tonight.  The Greenwood 9th grade team plays Alma Thursday at 5:30, they playing this game early on Thursday due to Alma Sr. High playing Poteau in the Hooten's Kickoff Classic at Northside the same night.

WPWells

Charleston beats Trinity 27-8. 27-0 when starters were pulled. Per reports Charleston looked big, fast, and strong

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 02, 2014, 09:25:34 pm
Charleston beats Trinity 27-8. 27-0 when starters were pulled. Per reports Charleston looked big, fast, and strong
Charleston did look pretty good but but trinity was awful very small very slow....

IndependentFootballFan

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 02, 2014, 09:44:48 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 02, 2014, 09:25:34 pm
Charleston did look pretty good but but trinity was awful very small very slow....
Quote from: BigMan15 on September 02, 2014, 08:34:32 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on September 02, 2014, 07:43:05 pm
Charleston up 14-0 againest trinity

Just curious, which game were you at? 

BigMan15

I was at the charleston game but my older son was at the Paris game

BigMan15

Paris did play the 8th grade team of greenwood but either way pretty good to beat greenwood

OLDSCHOOL82

Good job Paris and chucktown.  Good wins to start the season for the young lads.  Trinity has never been very good and yes that was g woods 8th grade group.  Greenwood doesn't worry about winning necessarily in jr high.  Jones has them do specific things to prepare them for sr high.  Jones has a strict system from 7th grade on.

Eagle fan #3

September 02, 2014, 10:37:02 pm #72 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:39:57 pm by Eagle fan #3
Correct Paris did play the 8th grade team, however Paris was also playing many 8th graders as well. I believe only 8 (at best) were returning 9th grade players! All in all for a  3 A TEAM to pull out an upset against a 6 A TEAM is noteworthy! JMO

WPWells

The argument that Paris was playing 8th graders is completely invalid here

Props on a nice win though!

ATU

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 02, 2014, 10:09:11 pm
Good job Paris and chucktown.  Good wins to start the season for the young lads.  Trinity has never been very good and yes that was g woods 8th grade group.  Greenwood doesn't worry about winning necessarily in jr high.  Jones has them do specific things to prepare them for sr high.  Jones has a strict system from 7th grade on.
Wrong a few years ago Trinity was real good not losing over 1 game a year playing bigger schools.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: ATU on September 02, 2014, 10:49:12 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 02, 2014, 10:09:11 pm
Wrong a few years ago Trinity was real good not losing over 1 game a year playing bigger schools.

Ok.  Do you pay attention to how "big school" jr high programs operate?

WPWells

Games this week? Charleston travels to Gentry (I'm going to be at this game)

Tigers66

What Did Yall think of Charlestons Left Tackle

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Tigers66 on September 07, 2014, 09:33:40 pm

Well,  either you are the left tackle or you are the left tackles father!  Welcome to FF.

Tigers66

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 07, 2014, 09:36:50 pm

Well,  either you are the left tackle or you are the left tackles father!  Welcome to FF.
Just a fan asking about him didnt  make it to last weeks game  I heard the line was good and wondering abou
t the backside protection

Frogger

Quote from: Tigers66 on September 07, 2014, 09:43:24 pm

Just a fan asking about him didnt  make it to last weeks game  I heard the line was good and wondering abou
lol who in the world would even notice a left tackle in jh unless they were looking for it

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Frogger on September 07, 2014, 10:57:19 pm

lol who in the world would even notice a left tackle in jh unless they were looking for it
The left tackle just happens to be #66.  Coincidence?

Frogger

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 08, 2014, 07:02:28 am
Quote from: Frogger on September 07, 2014, 10:57:19 pm

The left tackle just happens to be #66.  Coincidence?
lol

adaptedtigerfan

How does a guy from Booneville know what # the left tackle is @ Charleston?   (In Jr High).  Gotta be a coach @ Gooneville!!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 08, 2014, 08:27:32 am
How does a guy from Booneville know what # the left tackle is @ Charleston?   (In Jr High).  Gotta be a coach @ Gooneville!!

Theres also that amazing thing called hudl.  Maybe, just maybe, there was a film on there of the ozark and tigger scrimmage?  Not real rocket science on how to pick out the #'s of players. No coach here.  Booneville coaches arent allowed on FF.

BigMan15

What's the kids name

WPWells

You expect us to call out a kid on here? I think most of us have a little more class than that

OLDSCHOOL82

Is he only a backside tackle and never a playside tackle?

adaptedtigerfan

They never run the ball.  It's 100% pass and he is a right handed qb so I guess....  Yup it would be backside.  :)

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 08, 2014, 09:18:44 am
You expect us to call out a kid on here? I think most of us have a little more class than that
just last week we were talking about like 6 different kids and this week ur too classy to say a name...ok that makes tons of sense.

WPWells

Apples and oranges. I'll talk about a kid in a good way but never downgrade a kid

BigMan15

Who said anything bad from what I saw the line did pretty good job

Frogger

Ok question for you Charleston folks?  Can ty storey dunk? 

BigMan15

I can answer that ....yes he can

WPWells

It would've been kinda degrading to out the kid if his dad is the one posting on here

Frogger

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 09, 2014, 01:26:27 pm
I can answer that ....yes he can
thanks.  Hoping he is fairly athletic

BigMan15

The young kid and Ireland are the best lineman for charleston

WPWells

Who plays tonight?

OLDSCHOOL82

Booneville plays Dardanelle @ home. First game on the new grass on our field.  With all the problems with rain and cool temps this summer its not where it needed to be.  Hopefully it holds up well.

BigMan15

Paris plays Waldron at home today...not sure about Waldron haven't heard much about them..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas