• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Ft. Smith Southside @ UAPB Hooten's Classic Tuesday 9/3/14

Started by AirWarren, February 13, 2014, 03:02:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: Baitshop on September 01, 2014, 03:54:58 pm
Southside by 1.....Rebels come back and score 2 TD's in last quarter after wearing out the Warren 2-way players with their running game over the first 3 qtrs.....

And, let me say this.....I will take that 1 point win against the LumberJacks and run as fast as my fat butt would let me back to Ft. Smith...

Nice!

11 players going both ways is going to be hard to come by for us whittle ole Lumberjacks...................................................

Baitshop

I dont believe that you boys have 11 guys going both ways....

But, IF Southside can grind out long drives on the ground, the 3 or 4 that you do have (especially linemen) are going to get worn down and the subs will have to come in. Don't  be surprised if you see a healthy dose of double TE's formations that will require the LJs to bring the safety up to defend the run and open the deep middle and routes up the hash by the TE...

Of course, that is a great plan unless the Warren skill athletes are scoring in 3 plays everytime.

:-/

LJ06

Quote from: Baitshop on September 01, 2014, 04:51:23 pm

But, IF Southside can grind out long drives on the ground, the 3 or 4 that you do have (especially linemen) are going to get worn down and the subs will have to come in. Don't  be surprised if you see a healthy dose of double TE's formations that will require the LJs to bring the safety up to defend the run and open the deep middle and routes up the hash by the TE...

Of course, that is a great plan unless the Warren skill athletes are scoring in 3 plays everytime.

Just 2 or 3 going both ways and even if we did lose to y'all by 1 I'd take that and be very happy.

Baitshop

Then I say we just call it a 1 point Rebel win and save some gas money for everybody...

AirWarren

Quote from: Baitshop on September 01, 2014, 04:51:23 pm

Sure we do bait. :D

LJ06

Quote from: Baitshop on September 01, 2014, 05:39:47 pm
Then I say we just call it a 1 point Rebel win and save some gas money for everybody...

Oh no no if there is opportunity for victory over a 7A squad I want it. Lost to too many in these Hootens classics. Time to turn things around!

AirWarren

LJ06

From what I've been hearing off the board the Rebel faithful are awfully nervous about losing to a 4A squad  ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 06:11:01 pm
From what I've been hearing off the board the Rebel faithful are awfully nervous about losing to a 4A squad  ;D

Ah, if only it were that easy haha.

7AFBFAN

This is the best chance I have seen for the 4A to shock the state with a win over 7A West opponent. I would not be surprised with a Warren win and will be very happy with a 1 point Southside win.

LJ06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 01, 2014, 06:12:38 pm
This is the best chance I have seen for the 4A to shock the state with a win over 7A West opponent. I would not be surprised with a Warren win and will be very happy with a 1 point Southside win.

That says a lot and also a lot of respect for Warren. I've seen tapes from last season on SS and y'all looked very salty and should be again on defense. Offensively, losing so much talent can/will hurt, but to what degree is not yet certain since we aren't really sure what to expect from SS at this point. Will be interested in your QB play, we all know about your running back but I wanna see what the other half of the backfield can do.

AirWarren

It's more than time for Bo to get that win over a 7A school. After this year, I hope we bypass all this 7A nonconference stuff.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2014, 06:16:32 pm
It's more than time for Bo to get that win over a 7A school. After this year, I hope we bypass all this 7A nonconference stuff.

More than likely since I'd expect a down year or two. Then again a win tomorrow night could fuel that fire more. Who knows.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 06:16:21 pm

That says a lot and also a lot of respect for Warren. I've seen tapes from last season on SS and y'all looked very salty and should be again on defense. Offensively, losing so much talent can/will hurt, but to what degree is not yet certain since we aren't really sure what to expect from SS at this point. Will be interested in your QB play, we all know about your running back but I wanna see what the other half of the backfield can do.

I have all the respect in the world for Warren. I think we all have a lot of unanswered questions about the SS QB play. It will be best in my opinion if the run game is successful.

CounterPunch

LJ06

There is one thing for certain, we all know Warren can hang with the bigger schools. The question is can the Lumberjacks get over the hump and get a win rather than just keep it respectable.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 06:18:00 pm

More than likely since I'd expect a down year or two. Then again a win tomorrow night could fuel that fire more. Who knows.

I honestly don't see one or two years of "down" after all.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2014, 06:20:52 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 06:18:00 pm

I honestly don't see one or two years of "down" after all.

Well I mean compared to the last two. Down doesn't necessarily mean all the way down lol

LJ06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 01, 2014, 06:18:49 pm

I have all the respect in the world for Warren. I think we all have a lot of unanswered questions about the SS QB play. It will be best in my opinion if the run game is successful.

So who is your starter? Measurements? Pocket guy or scrambler?

7AFBFAN

Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 06:24:37 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 01, 2014, 06:18:49 pm

So who is your starter? Measurements? Pocket guy or scrambler?

I am not sure which one is starting. Both around 6 foot or a little under and 170-180. One is pocket guy and other is better at scrambling.

LJ06

7AFBFAN

Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 06:32:13 pm
So I take it we might see a little of both?

Not sure. If you see both it will probably be a good thing for Warren as the run game must not be working.

Baitshop

^^^THIS^^^

This is probably the least talented team that I have seen at Southside since I have been following them....

AirWarren

All gonna come down to depth. If Warren had 70 players I would feel good. But with mid 30s, gonna be tough.

LJ06

Quote from: Baitshop on September 01, 2014, 07:41:20 pm

^^^THIS^^^

This is probably the least talented team that I have seen at Southside since I have been following them....

Not good with Warren fielding one of their more talented teams in the Hembree era

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2014, 07:46:19 pm
All gonna come down to depth. If Warren had 70 players I would feel good. But with mid 30s, gonna be tough.

Completely agree. Even with our usually numbers in the 40s I'd be concerned, but with them in the 30s I'm even more concerned.

Baitshop

Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 07:46:49 pm

^^^THIS^^^

Not good with Warren fielding one of their more talented teams in the Hembree era

And that is why Southside needs to shorten the game and try and tire out Warren by the middle of the 3rd quarter....

Southside's coaches have used this strategy for years, even with 7A teams....I can't tell you the number of times that I have hollered at the coaches in the 2nd qtr. to stop running it between the tackles repeatedly only to see the opposing defense wilt in the late 3rd qtr and 4th qtr...

7AFBFAN

^^^THIS^^^

I am guessing they won't miss a beat on defense from last year. I remember the one linebacker was a beast.

LJ06

Quote from: Baitshop on September 01, 2014, 07:51:11 pm

^^^THIS^^^

And that is why Southside needs to shorten the game and try and tire out Warren by the middle of the 3rd quarter....

Southside's coaches have used this strategy for years, even with 7A teams....I can't tell you the number of times that I have hollered at the coaches in the 2nd qtr. to stop running it between the tackles repeatedly only to see the opposing defense wilt in the late 3rd qtr and 4th qtr...

And the same will happen to us if we cannot establish an early padded lead.

LJ06

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 01, 2014, 07:52:12 pm

^^^THIS^^^

I am guessing they won't miss a beat on defense from last year. I remember the one linebacker was a beast.

Offense will be better, defense will be not quite as good

Baitshop

Any of you LumberJack lovers care to make a prediction about tomorrow nites game..??

AirWarren

Baitshop

Oh, I don't know....how about who do you think will win and by how much..??

LJ06

Baitshop

Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 10:12:13 pm
Southside by 14

Bullsugar.....you ol' sandbaggin' son of a gun....you dang well know that you boys think that you are gonna pop your 7A cherry against this down Southside Rebel team...

Come on, admit it and make the prediction that you really believe...

whippersnapper

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: Baitshop on September 01, 2014, 10:17:23 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on September 01, 2014, 10:12:13 pm
Southside by 14

Bullsugar.....you ol' sandbaggin' son of a gun....you dang well know that you boys think that you are gonna pop your 7A cherry against this down Southside Rebel team...

Come on, admit it and make the prediction that you really believe...
Ha. I initially said SS by 21. Depth son. Depth.

But for fun. Warren wins by 6.

Romeo

Superjack45

Warren will shock the world with the win. Warren by 14.

AirWarren

AirWarren

CounterPunch

LJ06

GAME DAY BIZZZZNITCHES!!! Bring your butts and fill the seats it's gonna be a good one! Jacks shock the state!

cuckoobird

I wont be shocked. Still a lumberjack fan until about midnight

7AFBFAN

I won't be shocked if it happens. I just hope both teams play to their abilities with zero injuries. Safe travels to all. Good luck Warren and Go Rebs!

Okieback

Warren by 14 or more

To win ss will have to attempt at least 10 passes and compete 6 and the tb will need to go off, he's a stud so it might happen, but honestly that's all they have

Baitshop

Southside IS a slow starter historically....it could be a long nite for the Rebs....

AirWarren

Quote from: Baitshop on September 02, 2014, 12:12:51 pm
Southside IS a slow starter historically....it could be a long nite for the Rebs....

We need to come out fast and execute. We can't play from behind in this type of game I don't think.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Okieback on September 02, 2014, 12:01:52 pm
Warren by 14 or more

To win ss will have to attempt at least 10 passes and compete 6 and the tb will need to go off, he's a stud so it might happen, but honestly that's all they have
wow

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas