• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 10, 2017, 09:42:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

The West won the first round handily.  Now it gets harder.

Harrison made an impressive comeback from a 21-0 deficit against Lakeside.  They are really clicking on offense.  I expect them to score against PA.

The PA defense looked better than it has all year tonight.

Can Harrison throttle the PA offense?

This should be a good game.

Maynard G Krebs

November 10, 2017, 09:52:29 pm #1 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:58:18 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Have to agree about PA defense tonight.   Next week will be exciting to see. 

Also expect some great graphics on this thread

JessieP

Harrison did have an impressive win tonight, they are playing well. I don't think the mercy rule will be invoked next Friday until well into the 3rd quarter.

P.F.G.

This will look like a basketball score.

Go Postal

Quote from: JessieP on November 10, 2017, 10:44:43 pm
Harrison did have an impressive win tonight, they are playing well. I don't think the mercy rule will be invoked next Friday until well into the 3rd quarter.
Don't worry, Harrison's coach doesn't like the team to invoke the Sportsmanship rule if he can help it.  But we have to let them Sophomores play.

JessieP

Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2017, 11:10:11 pm
Don't worry, Harrison's coach doesn't like the team to invoke the Sportsmanship rule if he can help it.  But we have to let them Sophomores play.

I, like everyone else in Arkansas, would love to see PA knocked off. Unfortunately for Harrison, and everyone else, Parkview happened. That game was the slap in the face that refocused PA. There is no one out there that can give them a game. 

the voice

Harrison can't start slow this week, they would be buried if they do.
There are 8 teams left. Honestly any of them could beat P.A. if the stars align. Won't be easy and will be an earned victory. Interested to see how the goblins do in this match up

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on November 11, 2017, 12:19:25 am
I, like everyone else in Arkansas, would love to see PA knocked off. Unfortunately for Harrison, and everyone else, Parkview happened. That game was the slap in the face that refocused PA. There is no one out there that can give them a game.
As a PA fan, I'm definitely concerned about Wynne. The ball control offense is scary. Which is not to say I chalking every other game up as a W, but Wynne scares me the most.

incogneto

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 11, 2017, 09:35:35 am
As a PA fan, I'm definitely concerned about Wynne. The ball control offense is scary. Which is not to say I chalking every other game up as a W, but Wynne scares me the most.
You guys should be concerned not scared but concerned.  That OL at Wynne is no joke.  I still see PA winning it all.  We recovered two onside kicks tonight and should have had another. 

South 45

My heart and my mind are in two very different places on this game...

walkingguy72396

I think PA will actually need to score 48 plus too win this game.
PA faces a team this week that knows how to get points.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 11, 2017, 09:52:35 am
I think PA will actually need to score 48 plus too win this game.
PA faces a team this week that knows how to get points.

PA will.score 60+. This shootout style favors PA.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 11, 2017, 09:35:35 am

That's looking far ahead, of course, but we have heard about how good Wynne is all season long the last 2-3 years or more.  Then, when they get to the state title game against P.A. (once running the spread, once running the option), they get smashed.  It seems to me like no one has been talking about them quite as much this season as the last few, but they are still really good.  That no pass philosophy can help you or hurt you....get down by 2-3 scores against a team with a pretty good defense, and that one-dimensional side makes it really hard to come back....get up by 2-3 scores, and the clock management/ball control game can shut the other team down enough to win.  Should be interesting to see how they do Friday against Morrilton.

Go Postal

I'm glad that the West has sent only one of their "average" teams to play PA.

JessieP

I commend people for trying to keep interest up. Playoff football is exciting, but reality is reality. I have had to eat the PA crow, it's horrible but you get over it. If PA doesn't win their 4th consecutive title by winning the rest of the games by mercy rule it will be a massive upset.

The PA backers are being gracious, hats off. But for them to say "I'm worried" or "what scares me" is like when an adorable 3 year old knocks on my door, dressed like a Zombie, on Halloween. As I hand them some candy I'll say "Ooh, how scary".   

InYoGrill

Posty, see your PM's.

Go Gobs!

Deuceswild

Already looking towards the Wynne matchup, hmmm?

STBruin

I can assure you the PA football team/coaches are not looking past Harrison! Some posters may be mentioning that, but the coaches and this group of seniors know...you lose you go home...

Go Postal

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on November 11, 2017, 10:36:57 am
I commend people for trying to keep interest up. Playoff football is exciting, but reality is reality. I have had to eat the PA crow, it's horrible but you get over it. If PA doesn't win their 4th consecutive title by winning the rest of the games by mercy rule it will be a massive upset.

The PA backers are being gracious, hats off. But for them to say "I'm worried" or "what scares me" is like when an adorable 3 year old knocks on my door, dressed like a Zombie, on Halloween. As I hand them some candy I'll say "Ooh, how scary".   
That's a very good post. Love the analogy.

JessieP

High Voltage

I don't like PA and hope Harrison wins, with that being said PA just scored the first points of this game

7-0 PA on Saturday.

Final will be something like,

PA - 76
Harrison - 21

Go Postal

Go Postal

PA fans be like...

The Goblins are coming to town,
No need to show a frown
We will win this round
The Goblins are coming to town

The Future

Gonna be cheerin the West the whole way.
But gotta go with being realistic.

Bruins 65
Goblins 45

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2017, 02:49:36 pm
PA fans be like...

The Goblins are coming to town,
No need to show a frown
We will win this round
The Goblins are coming to town

Good thing its not a computer graphics competition among fans or we would be screwed big time  ;D

the voice

Go Postal

Quote from: The Future on November 11, 2017, 03:15:54 pm
Gonna be cheerin the West the whole way.
But gotta go with being realistic.

Bruins 65
Goblins 45
As realistic as it was in '08 at GW. ;)

Go Postal

PA Dad

Quote from: Overdahill on November 11, 2017, 03:29:31 pm
Good thing its not a computer graphics competition among fans or we would be screwed big time  ;D

We'd just have to forfeit.  I don't know how to do any of that.

Go Postal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 04:37:42 pm
We'd just have to forfeit.  I don't know how to do any of that.

Go Postal

Quote from: STBruin on November 11, 2017, 11:36:49 am
I can assure you the PA football team/coaches are not looking past Harrison! Some posters may be mentioning that, but the coaches and this group of seniors know...you lose you go home...

The highlights of this game. 

Go Postal

November 11, 2017, 06:52:38 pm #33 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:22:44 pm by Go Postal
In all seriousness at the moment, I just watched the VV@PA game on the link below.  Maybe someone else that has seen the Goblins play can verify what I saw.  You just need to see the first half.  I saw how the Bruins might could beat Harrison, but I swear I saw how the Goblins might could beat PA also.
Anyone else seen it?

https://youtu.be/PrYnCunqZP0

TNT_15

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2017, 06:52:38 pm
In all seriousness at the moment, I just watched the VV@PA game on the link below.  Maybe someone else that has seen the Goblins play can verify what I saw.  You just need to see the first half.  I saw how the Bruins might could beat Harrison, but I swear I saw how the Goblins might could beat PA also.
Anyone else seen it?

https://youtu.be/PrYnCunqZP0
I think if Harrison can score more than pa they win this game. #boldpredications

Go Postal

It was how the Goblins could score.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 11, 2017, 07:57:24 pm
I think if Harrison can score more than pa they win this game. #boldpredications
Dang, you took all the mystery out of it...

JessieP

There is actually no big secret to beating PA, unfortunately it's easier said then done. You have to out hit them, plain and simple. Thinking you can beat them by playing video game football is laughable. They are disciplined, precise and when it comes to passing, surgical. They are not physical. You've got to hit them and hit them hard. On defense they stay in gaps, know assignments and gang tackle. They do not hurt you. The only chance anyone has is to bring some plastic clacking pops to them. They are incredible but they are not physical. good luck with that, it's hard to a licking on someone when your chasing him from behind.   

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 11, 2017, 10:22:02 pm
There is actually no big secret to beating PA, unfortunately it's easier said then done. You have to out hit them, plain and simple. Thinking you can beat them by playing video game football is laughable. They are disciplined, precise and when it comes to passing, surgical. They are not physical. You've got to hit them and hit them hard. On defense they stay in gaps, know assignments and gang tackle. They do not hurt you. The only chance anyone has is to bring some plastic clacking pops to them. They are incredible but they are not physical. good luck with that, it's hard to a licking on someone when your chasing him from behind.

I agree in part.  PA has trouble with teams that are physical but only if they are also disciplined and smart.  McClellan is much more physical than PA but they are not as disciplined or smart.  On the other hand, Salt Lake City East was more physical than PA but was also as disciplined and played as smart as PA and handled PA easily.

It's hard to be a smash mouth team when you're as small as PA.

Go Postal

Quote from: JessieP on November 11, 2017, 10:22:02 pm
+1
That was a very good straight forward answer and some of what I saw.

Go Postal

Goblins arrive in Pulaski Academy
PA fans be like...

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2017, 10:52:22 pm
Goblins arrive in Pulaski Academy
PA fans be like...

We'll be happy to see them.  We eat hobbits for breakfast.  They go great with eggs!

Go Postal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2017, 10:56:07 pm
We'll be happy to see them.  We eat hobbits for breakfast.  They go great with eggs!
Yes .  When they are in the right proportion.

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 11, 2017, 11:20:27 pm
Yes .  When they are in the right proportion.

I give up!  There's no way I can compete with the graphics.  Great job.

Go Postal

Watched the game again, I see where PA should do fine but I still see where the Goblins should be able to do good.  The only question remains is which Harrison team will show up, the team that played Greenbrier or the disciplined team that played the other 10 games.

Not counting the Greenbrier fiasco, Harrison only losses were by a touchdown with a PAT (+7 pt), a missed PAT (-1 pt) in that same 3rd week game and a missed 2 point conversion for the win against Alma (+1).  I agree with what was said about Harrison can not start late.  It might make for an exciting game when they start to catch up as in the LRCA, Morrilton, Alma, HS Lakeside games, etc but PA doesn't allow many teams to do that with their 1st squad out on the field.

Go Postal

November 12, 2017, 09:01:41 pm #45 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:05:24 pm by Go Postal
Grab you a drink and some popcorn and I will tell you a story.

Some will think that it is a Fairy Tale, but in all actuality, it is a true story.

far, far away in the mythical Natural State of the 5A,
where as the Central, East, South and West lands were justly ruled by the
Mighty Words of the AAA GODS,
a was happily walking down a path to The Rock
whistling a catchy tune when all of a sudden,
the Goblin came across a fork in the road.

The right path had a sign that read,

The left path had a sign that read,

The Goblin was trying to decide on which path to trod down
when he heard some giggling coming from behind a bush in the tall grass.
The looked and saw a and a frolicking in the tall grass.
The Goblin said, "Hey you crazy mutts, quit chasing each others tails
and come over here and say hello".

The Airedale and the Devil Dog approached the Goblin
and they started their Old 5A West chant...

The Goblin said, "I'm one point better than a ".

The Airedale said,  "I'm one point better than a ".

The Devil Dog said, "I'm three points better than a ".

They all said in unison with smiles on their faces,
"and Da 'Briar Kitty is blue, not green".

The Goblin asked, "Which path are you guys going to take? The shortcut?"
The Airedale said, "The AAA GODS deemed that I was not worthy enough to take that path".
The Devil Dog said, "and I can't either because you have to have a special pass".
"A special pass?" asked the Goblin.
The Airedale said, "Yeah, a Golden Ticket for a Golden Goblin".
"We just happen to have one here from the AAA GODS to give you", commented the Devil Dog.
The Goblin stammered, "After all the tricks that I have pulled on you guys over the years
and you had the AAA GODS get me a special pass.  You guys are great!"
The took the Golden Ticket and skipped down the left path that read

The said, "I don't think that he will ever forgive us".
"Should we put the real sign back in place?"
The said, "Let's wait until we see if Da 'Briar Kitty comes this way".
So with that, they went back in the tall grass to their frolicking
and chasing each others tails while the real sign laid in the bush.

It read,

PA Dad

Go Postal

I had to use your great avatar in the sign.  It was perfect.

Maynard G Krebs

November 12, 2017, 09:13:54 pm #48 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:21:22 pm by Maynard G Krebs
A quote from Flounder in Animal House:  "oh Boy, Is this great?!!"

PA Dad

Can a Bruin really catch a goblin?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas