• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FearlessFriday Fan Top 10 after Week 2

Started by HorseFeathers, September 15, 2014, 10:17:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Was...rather interesting reading through and tallying the votes this week....

1.(1)Junction City 160...If there was any doubt in the Dragons chances of repeating, well those doubts should have been erased by now...
2.(3)Bearden  135....Bears find themselves in a familiar spot...#2 Behind their conference foes...
3.(4)Hazen   128....Hornets coasted in week 2 against Clarendon
4.(8)England 85.....2-0 Lions took a quarter to wake up last week..but have still not been tested...
5.(5)Dierks 77..Outlaws should have their first real test this week against Fouke..
6.(6)EPC  76...Coasted to a win against hapless Corning last week...
7.(2)Rison 72...Wildcats became J.C's latest victim in their quest for a 3 peat.
8(7). Earle 71...Bulldogs might have the toughest first 3 weeks of any team in 2A..
9.(9) Hector 34...Survived a bit of a 1st half scare against Hackett..
10(12). Cross County 10...T-Birds move into top 10 despite losing last week.
10.(UR) Des Arc 10....Eagles squeak out a win over McCrory and make thier first appearance in the top 10 this year...

Dropped Out: #10 Gurdon

Others Recieving Votes:, Gurdon, Strong, Lafayette County, Cutter Morning Star, Marked Tree, Magnet Cove, Dallas Cowboys, Parkers Chapel, McCrory, Marvell, Mt Ida

WPWells

Now why aren't Cutter, Marvell, and the Cowboys in the top 10? One of those three WILL win state

HorseFeathers

mfmf63

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 15, 2014, 10:35:01 pm
Now why aren't Cutter, Marvell, and the Cowboys in the top 10? One of those three WILL win state
You would have to be crazy to think that anyone will beat junction city.

THA TRUTH

HorseFeathers

I understand sarcasm is hard to catch sometimes . .  . But come on your not even trying. . .

THA TRUTH

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: mfmf63 on September 16, 2014, 07:36:01 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 15, 2014, 10:35:01 pm
You would have to be crazy to think that anyone will beat junction city.

I may be crazier that an outhouse rat, but yes, JC goes down in week 7. Be there, or be square!

THA TRUTH

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Backwoods Bart

JC has not played against a dominate offensive line like they will with this years Bears.

Dragon I

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Dragon I on September 16, 2014, 04:36:34 pm
The delusion is strong in him.
No delusions of how good JC is, just confident that JC defense will struggle against the Bears line. More so than last year when JC escaped Bearden with a 5 point win.

Backwoods Bart

I see what you did there with that Star Wars line. Now that's funny.

THA TRUTH

Jc is actually bigger on the interior this year calm down some

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 16, 2014, 05:22:52 pm

I will let you in on a secret truth if don't tell no one?    We R 2 !

cuz

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 16, 2014, 04:59:03 pm
No delusions of how good JC is, just confident that JC defense will struggle against the Bears line. More so than last year when JC escaped Bearden with a 5 point win.
Now Bart after going through rehab and all you are still are avoiding reality...........

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 16, 2014, 05:55:43 pm

Stack the teams up other than qb where is bearden better

dragonator

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 16, 2014, 03:45:53 pm

JC has not played against a dominate offensive line like they will with this years Bears.

Am I missing something or could this perceived dominance be magnified by very weak opponents? Just saying... 8)

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 16, 2014, 08:09:26 pm
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 16, 2014, 05:55:43 pm

Stack the teams up other than qb where is bearden better
[/quote

don't think you can begin this conversation without starting at the QB's.

HorseFeathers

I think you missed his point...He's conceding the fact that Bearden's QB is better...He's asking for you to name another position that Bearden is possibly better at...But then again some of us think 1 player can make a team...

bigworm

Sometimes one player can. Uuuuh his name is kenneth dixon. But they did have a good speedy defense his senior year to go along with him. But im with ya HF. This is not common.

BigLion10

Kenneth Dixon still have nightmares about that man lol

HorseFeathers

Kenneth dixon was one of those once in a generation players. . . . An anomaly lol. . . . .

cuz

Quote from: bigworm on September 16, 2014, 11:03:39 pm
Sometimes one player can. Uuuuh his name is kenneth dixon. But they did have a good speedy defense his senior year to go along with him. But im with ya HF. This is not common.
Strong had a lot more than Kenneth Dixon. They had one of the biggest lines in High School I've ever seen and the speed on defense to stay with JC as bigworm said............

DragonBorn

Kennith Dixon won the game against JC for them though. In the regular season strong tried to spread the ball around, but to no success. By the time Strong made it to the semis to play JC, their coach threw the playbook out the window and basically just gave Dixon the ball every snap. But I guess that's what you do when you have a horse like Dixon on your roster

bdubyab60

Quote from: cuz on September 17, 2014, 06:29:03 am
Quote from: bigworm on September 16, 2014, 11:03:39 pm
Strong had a lot more than Kenneth Dixon. They had one of the biggest lines in High School I've ever seen and the speed on defense to stay with JC as bigworm said............
Big line or not Dixon got a lot of the yards himself. Especially the title game.

THA TRUTH

Y'all all love Dixon but he had nothing on Marcus Godfrey

cav2012

bigworm

i may love godfrey too but i dont guess i ever got to see him play. i saw dixon twice against us and once against carlisle. he was a one man offense all 3 times i saw him. but their defense was pretty stout the year they won it all.

Dragon I

I loved watching Godfrey, but he had a line.  Dixon didn't.

lionfan59

Quote from: Dragon I on September 17, 2014, 02:06:48 pm
just think about this, Dixon was behind a line....oh what the numbers would have been then....but back to topic....JC will be the team to beat, everyone knows that.  We bow down to the mighty JC......but these are still high school kids playing a game where a single mistake can cost you.  So with that being said....I'm pulling for an upset early in the Playoffs.....so JC fans, it is what is...   It is always more fun rooting for an underdog....so your opponents this year will get a lot of peoples support for that fact. 

THA TRUTH

Dixon also had worse competition

Dragon I

mtindian42

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 17, 2014, 03:46:10 pm
i

Dixon also had worse competition
maybe so...but Dixon is doing big things at the d1 level...what did godfrey do beyond high school?

THA TRUTH

Let's just say he was a gifted athlete that threw away everything but Dixon has a good head on his shoulders so u have to commend him for that

mtindian42

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 17, 2014, 03:56:58 pm
Let's just say he was a gifted athlete that threw away everything but Dixon has a good head on his shoulders so u have to commend him for that
I allways wonderd...after seeing him do what he did to Shiloh that night...cause I never hurd out of him again...thanks for sheding some light on that....

cuz

cuz

Quote from: DragonBorn on September 17, 2014, 06:56:19 am
Kennith Dixon won the game against JC for them though. In the regular season strong tried to spread the ball around, but to no success. By the time Strong made it to the semis to play JC, their coach threw the playbook out the window and basically just gave Dixon the ball every snap. But I guess that's what you do when you have a horse like Dixon on your roster
JC helped Strong quite a bit, fumbles and penalties, it wasn't just Kenneth Dixon........
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 17, 2014, 11:37:08 am
Y'all all love Dixon but he had nothing on Marcus Godfrey
I beg to differ TT, Dixon had good work ethics and determination. That's why his career in college is going strong............

Wilson

Godfrey played for close to 10 years at ATU. .i know. .that's impossible . .but as everyone says. . what are rules to others are just suggestions to us JC folks ;)

also. .HF i know Dixon was good and very close to a one man team. .but no player in AA history has ever personafied the one man gang or team like Bubba Noakes. . ."Wilson drops the mic and walks off stage to thundering applause from the old school posters"

HorseFeathers

September 17, 2014, 09:35:00 pm #41 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:38:44 pm by HF
Quote from: Wilson on September 17, 2014, 09:20:18 pm
Godfrey played for close to 10 years at ATU. .i know. .that's impossible . .but as everyone says. . what are rules to others are just suggestions to us JC folks ;)

Wait...I thought they played 10 years for Junction City, just keep "changing" their names so that it isn't obvious...:D

also. .HF i know Dixon was good and very close to a one man team. .but no player in AA history has ever personafied the one man gang or team like Bubba Noakes. . ."Wilson drops the mic and walks off stage to thundering applause from the old school posters"

+1.....How many posters on here have been around long enough to remember the Bubba Noakes days on here?

RUN THE 6 POINT PLAY!!!......if you ever have the chance to watch a Bubba Noakes highlight tape, you'll hear that ALOT from the stands. It was spread the field 4 or 5 wide, and Bubba has the Green light to make something happen...

Oh yeah....so Bulldog's post doesn't look odd I'll add the score back...38-0...Hector stopped Bubba dead the one time we played him 8)

bulldog

Wilson

I likeed when Bubba would throw the 70 yard bomb for a TD. . .to himself ;)

bulldog

HF.....you going to check out the JR high tomorrow night??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldog on September 17, 2014, 09:51:18 pm
HF.....you going to check out the JR high tomorrow night??

Are we playing? School calendar just shows progress reports go out tomorrow?  I checked there, cause I hadn't seen anything on facebook, and I thought somebody said Hartford had dropped Junior High cause they were closing the school?

bulldog

Hartford Jr high dropped this year.

Playing JC Westside in a non conference game.  Will go to them week 7

HorseFeathers

bulldog

WPWells

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas