• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poyen @ ECS

Started by WildcatGrandpa13, September 15, 2014, 10:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WildcatGrandpa13

If anyone could give me any information of Poyen that would be great

bigworm

The only information I know of the poyen indians is that they are about to get the crap kicked out of them by Episcopal .  ;D

HorseFeathers

they wear purple and white. . . Their mascot is the indian. They used to use the florida state spear as their logo. There so far i'm the most informative poster on this thread lol

True Fan

Justin Moore used to play for them. ;D

They are still new to this whole football thing.

They have some big lineman.

They lost to a pretty good BHG team by two scores.

They manhandled Bismarck. For whatever that's worth.

Even when getting beat, they typically put up a good fight until the end. Really, look for a fight.

At some point, they will be a good football team.

HorseFeathers

For what its worth magnet cove only beat them 7 to 6 last year. .

cdelaney

Quote from: True Fan on September 16, 2014, 08:00:03 am

Even when getting beat, they typically put up a good fight until the end. Really, look for a fight.

Always risky to compare scores but... BHG over Poyen 21-7; Conway Christian over BHG 32-20; ECS over Conway Christian 41-0..... 
I'm not sure where that leaves Bismarck.

KOJACK

Quote from: cdelaney on September 16, 2014, 10:53:04 am
Quote from: True Fan on September 16, 2014, 08:00:03 am

Always risky to compare scores but... BHG over Poyen 21-7; Conway Christian over BHG 32-20; ECS over Conway Christian 41-0..... 
I'm not sure where that leaves Bismarck.
I think it adds up to the Bizmarkians going 0-10  :'(

True Fan

Not from their current 1-1 record.

KOJACK

mtindian42

September 16, 2014, 01:19:16 pm #9 Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:53:25 am by mtindian42
ecs 33 poyen 0

jdwalk

The score probably will get ugly but I can't remember the last unsportsmanlike conduct penalty they had for fighting True Fan. These coaches have really brought in a different approach to the way the boys act on the field.

True Fan

Man, I'm glad to hear that. I thought that they were headed in the right direction. They have been pretty competitive from the start. With discipline, they will become a hood team.

WildcatGrandpa13

Thanks for the info. I for one am ready for ECS to get into 3A play. That's when the fun begins!

HorseFeathers

True fan. . . . I'm not sure, but i don. Think a hood team would have much discipline

BrianfromCarlisle

That's funny right there

True Fan

Freudian slip, I guess. I meant to say GOOD team. I've got to stay off of those Glen Rose threads.

I couldn't have been that funny if I tried. ;D

BigLion10

Sounds like they were already a hood team lol

cdelaney

Quote from: jdwalk on September 16, 2014, 06:49:55 pm
The score probably will get ugly but I can't remember the last unsportsmanlike conduct penalty they had for fighting True Fan. These coaches have really brought in a different approach to the way the boys act on the field.
I was impressed with how Poyen fought vs ECS, and I mean that in a good way. They were very competitive the whole game, had a couple of aggressive runners who made some yardage. They were outmanned especially against our skill players and were behind the entire game but kept playing hard the whole way; nothing dirty that I saw. Their fans and coaches should be proud of them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas