• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle Bulldogs visit Highland

Started by Pit Bull, September 15, 2014, 11:15:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

Hey I'll be first to say I don't know much about Highland but I do feel like the Bulldogs are getting better each week. Defensively, the Bulldogs handled the Colts last week in the trenches and had several big Redzone stops that sent the Colts away emptied handed several times. Highland I hear has a couple of D-1 recievers and a good QB... Hopefully the Doggs can complete this Road Torture Test and return to the Dog Pound 2-1... Thoughts?

hornetfever

Earl has the tools to very good. They didn't handle the heat and humidity at Hazen in second half. I think Earl will be tough come playoff time. Playing a tough non-conference schedule too. Some teams are playing very weak non-conference schedules. England for one. Good luck dawgs Friday night.

mtindian42

highland is tough at home and hungry for a win...they have a hog commit at wr that is some kinda fast...the kid can fly...and catches every thing threw his way.but with that said.if you stop him you stop highland...

Pit Bull

Quote from: hornetfever on September 15, 2014, 11:24:05 am
Earl has the tools to very good. They didn't handle the heat and humidity at Hazen in second half. I think Earl will be tough come playoff time. Playing a tough non-conference schedule too. Some teams are playing very weak non-conference schedules. England for one. Good luck dawgs Friday night.

Hey those Hornets are some tough cookies, Coach is still working to get to O in order, we will be a different team come playoffs but so will you guys...

mtindian42

September 15, 2014, 11:48:14 am #5 Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:33:29 am by mtindian42
if the game was in Earle I would go with the dogs. but its not...highland 34 Earle 24. the rebels don't lose at home...

hornetfever

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 15, 2014, 11:43:29 am
Quote from: hornetfever on September 15, 2014, 11:24:05 am

Hey those Hornets are some tough cookies, Coach is still working to get to O in order, we will be a different team come playoffs but so will you guys...

We had a starting RB and LB out for Earl game. We get healthy and get right mind set we should make a deep run in playoffs. We have to take one game at a time. I think Hazen and Earl are the only teams in 2A to challenge the 8-2A.

Pit Bull

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 15, 2014, 11:48:14 am
if the game was in Earle I would go with the dogs. but its not...highland 34 Earle 20. the rebels don't lose at home...

I still like our chances. Go Bulldogs.

bdubyab60

Donnie Jamon

Highland has 2 players.  Avery Johnson and D Stewart.  Earle  has about 10 that are good.  I'm going with Earle 22-21

SECFOOTBALLFAN

TBone70

Boys I don't think so, Highland will come out big. You will soon find out. They have had some hurt starters and some are coming back.They are ready for a win going into conference play next week.  Our Stands holds1500 fans and will be full and a lot standing up along the fences. Good luck to both teams and hope for injury free game. Go Rebels.

Jacketman65

cuz

Calpreps
[2014] Earle (AR) 28, [2014] Highland (Hardy, AR) 26
Capreps has been very close this year and I think the dogs might of just got the kinks worked out by now..........Earle wins this one...........

bigbrew25

Pit Bull

Quote from: TBone70 on September 15, 2014, 10:38:03 pm
Boys I don't think so, Highland will come out big. You will soon find out. They have had some hurt starters and some are coming back.They are ready for a win going into conference play next week.  Our Stands holds1500 fans and will be full and a lot standing up along the fences. Good luck to both teams and hope for injury free game. Go Rebels.

Fans have never won a ball game...

TBone70

September 17, 2014, 12:16:42 am #16 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:39:43 am by TBone70
Quote from: Pit Bull on September 16, 2014, 10:21:28 pm

And I guess you never heard of Home Field ADVANTAGE either. How long have you kept up with football. 0 years, better known as the 12th man. Come on you talked all the talk your first  game and suddenly shut up and silently manned up and said good game. Here we go again. Just be real and hope your team wins.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: TBone70 on September 17, 2014, 12:16:42 am

And I guess you never heard of Home Field ADVANTAGE either. How long have you kept up with football. 0 years, better known as the 12th man. Come on you talked all the talk your first and second  game and suddenly shut up and silently manned up and said good game. Here we go again. Just be real and hope your team wins.

Earle won their second game.

bdubyab60

And I guess you never heard of Home Field ADVANTAGE either. How long have you kept up with football. 0 years, better known as the 12th man. Come on you talked all the talk your first and second  game and suddenly shut up and silently manned up and said good game. Here we go again. Just be real and hope your team wins.
Do you know anything. This Earle team has been on the road since last year. Making the semi finals last with just about every game on the road. All their games have been on the road this year as well.
I'm not an Earle fan but at least know what your talking about if you are going to say someone else doesn't. Your fans won't bother Earle they been in this situation before.

Dogg

Last 5 games have been on the road. This group has played JC , Lake Hamilton, Fountain Lake , Fordyce, Charleston and Hoxie twice on the road.

TBone70

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on September 17, 2014, 01:07:09 am

Earle won their second game. Yes they did, sorry I'll fix it.

Pit Bull

And I guess you never heard of Home Field ADVANTAGE either. How long have you kept up with football. 0 years, better known as the 12th man. Come on you talked all the talk your first  game and suddenly shut up and silently manned up and said good game. Here we go again. Just be real and hope your team wins.

What are you talking about ABone, Home Field Advantage just means that you don't have to travel.... The only thing that Fans really do is distract the players, frustrate the coach and consume a whole lot of concessions leaving trash for some poor guy to miss the Hogs playing on TV cause he's got to spend the day picking up trash... I hope that you're relying on more than fans ABone....

Dogg

Earle will line up and play anybody at home or on the road. We have a motto in Earle WE TAKE EM AND WE GIVE OUT.
Each week Bohannon gets better and more comfortable at Qb
6-4 225 9th grader

mtindian42

Quote from: Dogg on September 17, 2014, 03:33:47 pm
Earle will line up and play anybody at home or on the road. We have a motto in Earle WE TAKE EM AND WE GIVE OUT.
6-4 225 9th grader
that might be the very thing that cost you this football game. a young QB...In a  hostel inviorment...may be to much for him...

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 17, 2014, 03:49:57 pm
6-4 225 9th grader
that might be the very thing that cost you this football game. a young QB...In a  hostel inviorment...may be to much for him...
Not like Earles chunking it all over the place.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 17, 2014, 04:02:58 pm
6-4 225 9th grader
theres other ways a QB can hurt you bdub...fumble.make bad reads.lose focus.highland could hit him hard 1 good time and that could be in his head the rest of the night...

Missco

Earle is the better team but playing at Highland in the hills is tough.

Dogg

6-4 225 9th grader
Earle has been winning in hostle environments with no Qb for years
The kid is a stud. By the time we get to the playoffs he will be hard to handle.

Proud Buckaroo

Bodyguard

6-4 225 9th grader

We are getting there bdub. Air Raiding is the future of the Dogg...

OB11

Quote from: Dogg on September 17, 2014, 06:37:06 pm
6-4 225 9th grader
Earle has been winning in hostle environments with no Qb for years
The kid is a stud. By the time we get to the playoffs he will be hard to handle.
Very true statement there.  I can't recall a time in recent seasons when Earle has had a "true" quarterback.  Had some outstanding athletes under center no doubt.  Just no one that would classify as a textbook QB.  It's been more like 3 or 4 running backs in the formation all at once. This should be a good game.

Bearden_Bear72

I'm pulling for Earle just because I had high hopes for them beginning of season against Hazen and don't wanna look too wrong

Bodyguard

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 17, 2014, 04:09:48 pm
6-4 225 9th grader
theres other ways a QB can hurt you bdub...fumble.make bad reads.lose focus.highland could hit him hard 1 good time and that could be in his head the rest of the night...
With him being 6-4 225 I dont think he is shy about laying a hit and Earle is usually a pretty physical team. So I dont think Highland will get in his head like that. Senior QB's make the same mistakes, bad reads and fumbles. While Im sure him being a freshman and needing to get experience isnt a plus in the game. i dont think its going ot cost Earle the game or be the difference. Earles defense and controlling the clock will be the difference in the game. If they control the clock and keep Highlands offense on the sideline and can their defense guard a D1 receiever. id be more worried about that than the freshman QB turning it over, hes going to run the plays hes given.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 19, 2014, 08:38:54 am
6-4 225 9th grader
With him being 6-4 225 I dont think he is shy about laying a hit and Earle is usually a pretty physical team. So I dont think Highland will get in his head like that. Senior QB's make the same mistakes, bad reads and fumbles. While Im sure him being a freshman and needing to get experience isnt a plus in the game. i dont think its going ot cost Earle the game or be the difference. Earles defense and controlling the clock will be the difference in the game. If they control the clock and keep Highlands offense on the sideline and can their defense guard a D1 receiever. id be more worried about that than the freshman QB turning it over, hes going to run the plays hes given.
well said...myself id be more comfortable going in to a enviorment like this with a Sr at the helm...

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 19, 2014, 09:04:06 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 19, 2014, 08:38:54 am
6-4 225 9th grader
well said...myself id be more comfortable going in to a enviorment like this with a Sr at the helm...
Earle qb will be fine...

MarionBlueDevil

Gary looked pretty good last week at The Cotton Patch. How much different can Highland be?

Missco

TBone70

Donnie Jamon

Somebody needs to tell the Hot Dogs that losing is contagious

Bodyguard

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 20, 2014, 12:14:13 am
Somebody needs to tell the Hot Dogs that losing is contagious

Just got a real schedule homie, we play for post season, not polls.

Donnie Jamon

Ha ha. Blame it on the schedule lol. The schedule isn't discipline my friend. Its called character. Just like there fans.

Donnie Jamon

Maybe us and y'all will have something to play for in a month. No hard feelings towards you Hot Dogs.  I just think we are better ha ha. The beginning of a Rivalry

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 20, 2014, 12:43:56 am
Ha ha. Blame it on the schedule lol. The schedule isn't discipline my friend. Its called character. Just like there fans.

Fans should never be expected to show character...Just tonigth I heard a mom threatening players cause they put a good hit on her son...this was right after she was screaming break his legs because a kid had broke a long run on their defense....Of Course same crowd was trying to bait the refs cause he stopped action because one of their players was injured....gotta love those crowds with character....

Pit Bull

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 20, 2014, 12:58:04 am
Maybe us and y'all will have something to play for in a month. No hard feelings towards you Hot Dogs.  I just think we are better ha ha. The beginning of a Rivalry

Hey Dude we loss a football game, we understand that, what's the problem with you? Understand this, to be our rival you have to pose some form of consistent threat and I hate to be the one to break it to you but until further notice we view EPC as Pu-Tang only.

bdubyab60

Maybe if the dawgs were a little more competitive in these practice games then you guys would be worthy to be our rivals. It's ok for you guys to talk smack but not anyone else.

Earle will have their hands full with EPC this year.

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 20, 2014, 12:34:52 pm
Maybe if the dawgs were a little more competitive in these practice games then you guys would be worthy to be our rivals. It's ok for you guys to talk smack but not anyone else.

Earle will have their hands full with EPC this year.

Hey, you EPC guys are the ones that keep showing up on our topics trash talking, criticing our every move, dude we are just playing the games on the schedule, you win some, you lose some, nobody from Earle has got on FF and declared that we would be 3-0 at this point, we are just playing football. Apparently EPC feels threaten because we don't lose sleep over our opponents, if we drop one in football we will get you back on the hardwood if we can get you there we'll see again in track, it's all just competition to us.... Talk your smack all you want, most of us were  born talking ish....

TBone70

September 20, 2014, 08:05:40 pm #47 Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:41:20 pm by TBone70
Now ##it Bull. You talked smack every game, up until you lose. And the ones you win, you keep on going. Your last post was probably the smartest. Yes you win and yes you lose. But you do not let every opponent you playing feel like a piece of crap. Like you do in your post. Just go back and look at your previous post. It shows. You tried to suck me in on your Bait but I will not do it. You have a 50/50 chance of winning. You must realize that instead of coming on as being the greatest. Earle is good but Earle posters are not the greatest as you pose to be. Let the players play and us posters give some sort of encouragement without getting their bubbles busted as you did. Come on  ##it Bull its just a game. I'm signing off as TBone70 instead of Abone as you put it.

Pit Bull

Ha Ha Ha! My man ABone, you're alright with me.... Good luck the rest of the way, see you in the E next year bud...

MarionBlueDevil

Sounds like Highland has a nice team. Good game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas