• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BDUBS 2A-3 WEEK 3 PICKS

Started by bdubyab60, September 14, 2014, 09:41:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Well another great week and its 8-8 on the season. You teams that lost and let me down, you suck! but heres another week to redeem yourselves.

MARIANNA @ EPC
EPC traveled to Corning and put it to the Bobcats 50-20. Aaron Scales continues to lead the way, 19-22 200+yards with 3 TD's 0 Int's and 140+ yards rushing. Young running backs are coming along and the offense is pretty potent. Defense isn't as solid as it was last year but its coming along too. Marianna got spanked by Helena-West Helena 70-6 WOW. Don't know much about them will be my first time seeing them. ill ride the Warriors at home in this one. Ill be cooking some burgers to get things started.
Warriors roll again
EPC 48 MARIANNA 24

MARKED TREE @ BARTON
Indians look to be an improved team this year and beat Harrisburg 26-21 last week. They have opened up the offense but traveling to Barton is a tough test. Barton crushed fellow 2A-3 member Midland last week 40-6. Barton isn't the Barton of old but still a solid team. I like the Bears in this one.
BARTON 42 MARKED TREE 14

MIDLAND @ CEDAR RIDGE
Midland in their first year of varsity ball ran in to one of the most storied programs in the history of Arkansas football last week, losing to Barton 40-6. Cedar Ridge beat Rector 36-16. Cedar is probably wishing these teams were in the conference the past couple of years. CR gets their last win of the season in this one.
CEDAR RIDGE 36 MIDLAND 12

J-TOWN WESTSIDE @ CROSS COUNTY
Westside were very unwarrior like last week getting drilled by Hoxie 42-14. T-birds fell behind early and couldn't catch up to Arkansas Baptist losing 35-27. CC looks to still be up and down, while Westside is just down. I expect Davis to have a big game in this one and the T-birds should roll.
CROSS COUNTY 40 WESTSIDE 20

WALNUT RIDGE @ HARRISBURG
WR hasn't looked good this season managing just 14 points so far in 2 games. Riverview skinned the Bobcats last week 46-6. Harrisburg played MT tough but fell to a late TD 26-21, a coach aided touchdown at that. I tink the Hornets got what it takes this week to get the win, as long as their coach can stay on the sideline.
HARRISBURG 32 WALNUT RIDGE 14

SALEM @ MELBOURNE
As you know Salem let me down again losing to Yelleville 26-0. Melbourne looks like they me be a surprise in the 3a-3 after beating Cave City 34-12. The drop off in Salem looks to be in full effect. Ill take Melbourne in this one.
MELBOURNE  36 SALEM 12.

2A-3 GAME OF THE WEEK
EARLE @ HIGHLAND
Hate to give Earle this game again but they have had some tough opponents the first few games.
Earle got the win over old 3A-3 rival Rivercrest last week 18-7. Highland lost to Clinton 49-27. This should be a competitive game but I don't know much about Highland. I think the Bulldogs are getting things straightened out and are going to be tough to beat the rest of the year. Ill take the Bulldogs in this one even on the road.
EARLE 27 HIGHLAND 24

Rector is showing open this week. EPC is also showing open this week but they have filled the open date on FF. If Rector has a game can someone let me know so I can pick the game. If they do indeed have an open date then that's fine to.

RECTOR @ OPEN
Rector got Beat by CR 36-16. Open lost its billionth straight game 2-0 last week to like a thousand teams across the US. This could be a tough one but I see Open scoring early and often, but as usual they fail to close the deal and give all their points back and Rector will pull this one out.
RECTOR 2 OPEN 0

HorseFeathers

So....Expect Salem to win this week?

bdubyab60

Thats what it looks like HF. I think I got 2 of their games correct all of last year. Games that should have been sure wins they would lose and pick them to lose and they win.

I think I got this one though. lol

HorseFeathers

Are Salem and Melbourne Rivals? If they aren't that seems like they are missing a good opportunity with how close they are to each other....Could be the battle of Hiway 9

bdubyab60

Cant remember them playing here in recent years. They have played Mt. View and Yelleville the past 3 years I believe.
We play MT every year even when we were up classification and vice versa. It was called off for a few years not sure why. but hey got it going again in the early 90's

mtindian42

all looks good...except I give rector 13 points  ;D

bdubyab60

Im not sure they can run it up like that on Opens defense.

mtindian42

6 to 0 at the half, and they score 7 more late.

Donnie Jamon

If I remember right, Melbourne has only had football for 4 years. Isn't this the school that old Osceola Coach Clinton Gore started up?

Donnie Jamon

Bdub. Find another game of the week. Earle ain't good enough to be it every week man  ???

bdubyab60

Not so much them as the opponent. I started to go with Rector vs Open. Not really a lot of quality match ups this week. Also could have went with MT at Barton but I think Barton runs away with that in the end. WR and Harriburg should be a good game but man it's hard to pick a game like that when both team just aren't that good right now.

playmaker04

Looks good but Marianna won't score 24 on epc.

bdubyab60

Nto as solid on defense as we have been. Very young in some positions. Im not sure if they get to 24 but we arent going to shut them out either.

Donnie Jamon

Marianna has some good speed. Not sure why people are calling for such a lopsided win. 

mtindian42

there only win is over Augusta. WHO's only win is over Marvell by only 3. and they lost by 70 to west Helena...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 15, 2014, 11:01:09 am
Marianna has some good speed. Not sure why people are calling for such a lopsided win.
I think we will win easily. Like 42 said, Augusta isnt much to brag about beating. i think we handle them about like we handled Corning.

HorseFeathers

Marianna did beat stuttgart to end the year last season.  . . So probably wouldn't overlook them. . .

mtindian42

HF where was that game played at? Marianna has allways been tough at home...so if it was in Marianna I wouldn't look to much in to that...

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on September 15, 2014, 11:43:09 am
Marianna did beat stuttgart to end the year last season.  . . So probably wouldn't overlook them. . .
They did beat them but doesnt look like that was the stuttgart of old either. I dont think we will overlook them though.

HorseFeathers

Marianna must not be to tough to beat at home since that was their only win last year. . I fully expect epc to win by a comfortable margin

mtindian42

well allso they have been down the last few years...Stuttgart wasn't that good last year eather... I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Pit Bull

Quote from: HF on September 15, 2014, 02:09:47 pm
Marianna must not be to tough to beat at home since that was their only win last year. . I fully expect epc to win by a comfortable margin

Who cares about the Pee Wee EPC?

mtindian42

September 15, 2014, 02:51:19 pm #22 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:53:26 pm by mtindian42
Quote from: Pit Bull on September 15, 2014, 02:48:17 pm
Quote from: HF on September 15, 2014, 02:09:47 pm

Who cares about the Pee Wee EPC?

mtindian42

lol... pee wee... dogs came back barking...at the top dog...love it...

Donnie Jamon

The Earle Hot Dogs need to be careful.  You come to EPC this year and we always cheat so GL the few games in between

bdubyab60

LA LA LAND PREDICTIONS

EPC 42 MARIANNA 26

BARTON 26 MARKED TREE 13

CEDAR RIDGE 22 MIDLAND 21

CROSS COUNTY 34 WESTSIDE 26

HARRISBURG 24 WALNUT RIDGE 22

EARLE 31 HIGHLAND 26

MELBOURNE 50 SALEM 10

It also predicted as I did that rector would beat Open exactly as I said.

Dogg

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 15, 2014, 03:57:12 pm
The Earle Hot Dogs need to be careful.  You come to EPC this year and we always cheat so GL the few games in between
The last time the Hot Dogs came to EPC we left with a W!!

Pit Bull

Man Earle always get cheated everywhere we go, it's a necessary evil I guess, heck the other day 3 refs were driving through town on their way to a JV Game in West Memphis, they saw us practicing from Highway 64, made a Uee and came back to our practice and threw a flag for facemask, illegal substitute, too many men on the field, gave Coach Coleman a Tec and kicked him out of practice, called back 4 touchdowns like they were from Corning and then that ate the halftime meal, farted, jumped in the car drove 200 feet and threw another flag cause we had fed them Spam Burgers on Lite Bread, whatcha you going EPC when we come for you....

playmaker04

I live spam on lite bread especially with mayo and a free mater.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 15, 2014, 08:36:16 pm

Man Earle always get cheated everywhere we go, it's a necessary evil I guess, heck the other day 3 refs were driving through town on their way to a JV Game in West Memphis, they saw us practicing from Highway 64, made a Uee and came back to our practice and threw a flag for facemask, illegal substitute, too many men on the field, gave Coach Coleman a Tec and kicked him out of practice, called back 4 touchdowns like they were from Corning and then that ate the halftime meal, farted, jumped in the car drove 200 feet and threw another flag cause we had fed them Spam Burgers on Lite Bread, whatcha you going EPC when we come for you....
Probably turn y'all in for those Ineligible players. Lol. We will be ready. Did something year you guys didn't do and beat Corning at their place.

Dogg

We beat Corning every year we played them except in 2012. They ejected every coach on the sideline. The bus driver who was a retired truck driver finished calling the game. That was the worst I've ever seen before.
BTW that eneligble player was the coaches son who lived with him..

Bodyguard

Lol...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Dogg on September 15, 2014, 09:47:50 pm
We beat Corning every year we played them except in 2012. They ejected every coach on the sideline. The bus driver who was a retired truck driver finished calling the game. That was the worst I've ever seen before.
Cant help you guys dont fill your paperwork out.

bdubyab60

HOOTS so you dont have to link it.

3-2A
Marianna at E. POINSETT COUNTY (27): EPC QB Aaron Scales turned in one of the better single-game performances in school history last week. Scales completed 19 of 22 passes (13 of 13 in first half) for 268 yards and three TDs. He rushed for another 148 yards and and two TDs, and the senior recorded 18 tackles and forced two fumbles. Junior Clay Malone and senior Quin Young pace EPC this fall with 13 receptions apiece.
Marked Tree at BARTON (23): Barton's team speed proves the difference. Marked Tree junior DE Jaylon Dunn (three sacks in 2014) forced a fumble late last week to preserve a 26-21 win over Harrisburg. Senior linemen Jered Hood (6-3, 230) and Terry Carter (6-1, 265) playing well for Marked Tree.
Midland at CEDAR RIDGE (18): Class 3A Cedar Ridge better than in recent years, hands upstart Midland third loss as a varsity program. Cedar Ridge defeated 3-2A newcomer Rector 36-16 last week.
Walnut Ridge at HARRISBURG (7): Harrisburg at full strength last week in the 26-21 loss at Marked Tree after playing without five starters Week 1 in a 55-16 loss to Cross County. Harrisburg senior LB Joey McGill (6-5, 255) is one to watch.
Jonesboro Westside at CROSS COUNTY (2):  Cross County could not keep pace last week with Class 4A Arkansas Baptist's passing attack in a 35-27 loss. Jonesboro Westside is a respectable 4-4 in its past eight non-conference games.
Salem at MELBOURNE (28): Salem off to worst start since going 1-9 in 2008. A year ago, the Greyhounds outscored Mountain View and Yellville-Summit by a combined 76-31. This year, Salem lost those games by a combined 68-24.
Earle at HIGHLAND (7): Highland notches its first win of the season in its home opener. No. 7 Earle rebounded nicely from its opening 20-point loss at Hazen to topple 3-3A favorite Rivercrest 18-7 a week ago. Watch highlights of Highland's Week 2 against Clinton here.
RECTOR is open.

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 15, 2014, 09:34:15 pm

Probably turn y'all in for those Ineligible players. Lol. We will be ready. Did something year you guys didn't do and beat Corning at their place.
oops!!!!.. BTW Bdub Highland has two D-! 1 receivers one going to Uof A the other to ASU.. 8)

Pit Bull

September 16, 2014, 02:23:31 pm #35 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:16:24 pm by Pit Bull
Quote from: playmaker04 on September 15, 2014, 08:53:00 pm

Took me a while but I finally got that Free Tomato thing... For some reason EPC has a chip on their shoulder especiallly that Dummie Jefferson guy... We just came to play football, no beefs, just football...

Dogg

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2014, 08:57:20 am
you're exactly right. But there were three teams last year in the playoffs that faced the hot dogs that wished they would have filled it out for us.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Dogg on September 16, 2014, 02:34:43 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2014, 08:57:20 am
you're exactly right. But there were three teams last year in the playoffs that faced the hot dogs that wished they would have filled it out for us.
That was last year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ISU7 on September 16, 2014, 01:57:08 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 15, 2014, 09:34:15 pm

oops!!!!.. BTW Bdub Highland has two D-! 1 receivers one going to Uof A the other to ASU.. 8)
Yeah but if thats all you got then thats all you got. they aint exactly lighting it up right now. But I make my paicks and I stick with em right or wrong.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 16, 2014, 02:23:31 pm

Took me a while but I got finally got that Free Tomato thing... For some reason EPC has a chip on their shoulder especiallly that Dummie Jefferson guy... We just came to play football, no beefs, just football...
I believe you smarted off about EPC first sir. Which is fine just dont blame it on us when you get it back. Dogs and Warriors will both have theri hands full when this match up takes place.

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2014, 03:15:22 pm

Took me a while but I got finally got that Free Tomato thing... For some reason EPC has a chip on their shoulder especiallly that Dummie Jefferson guy... We just came to play football, no beefs, just football...
I believe you smarted off about EPC first sir. Which is fine just dont blame it on us when you get it back. Dogs and Warriors will both have theri hands full when this match up takes place.

Nope, Dummie Jefferson has been running his mouth well before I could meet the challenge and once I get going brother I don't stop...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 16, 2014, 03:19:17 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2014, 03:15:22 pm

Nope, Dummie Jefferson has been running his mouth well before I could meet the challenge and once I get going brother I don't stop...
I know you wont. But thats cool as long as you can take it.

Donnie Jamon

Dude is to stupid to know that I have been giving his sorry tail team some love

bdubyab60

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 16, 2014, 04:05:43 pm
Cant please some people DJ

Pit Bull

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 16, 2014, 04:05:43 pm

Dummie Jefferson you've got Isis Love for my team, we don't need that...

ArkansasGuy

From what I can tell Salem probably wont win a game all year....there one game they had a chance at was against Yellville!

bdubyab60

They still have Midland, rector and WR left. All winnable games.

ArkansasGuy

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 17, 2014, 08:58:29 am
They still have Midland, rector and WR left. All winnable games.
Maybe but they need a win soon, or they will all quit again like they did last year. 

bdubyab60

Quit? They eventually made the playoffs and took Dierks to the limit.

ArkansasGuy

They just are not a good football team, they know one style to play and if they fall behind they lose confidence.  They are very slow and can't stop anyone right now, bad tackling, bad blocking, and bad coaching leads to a bad season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas