• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 1 2A Top 10

Started by HorseFeathers, September 09, 2014, 09:19:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

1.(1) Junction City 150(15)...Dragons rose to 1st week challenge and dispatched 3A #3 Smackover by 14...
2.(2) Rison  126...............Beat Rival Fordyce by 4 last week...now they're the next team to try to end J.C's streak
3.(4) Bearden 123...........Bears make it a tri-fecta for the 2A-8..
4.(7) Hazen  110.....Hornets passed their first test of 2013 by beating earle by 3 TD's
5.(5) Dierks 78......Outlaws gave up 30 to a jay-vee team last week, but still good enough to hold steady at 5th.
6.(11) EPC  67.....Biggest Mover in top 10 this week, look to keep some early season momentum going this week against Corning
7.(3) Earle 65...Bulldogs turned in an early season dud...still plenty of football left for them to right the ship
8.(9) England 64..Lions made a splash by mercy ruling Carlisle last week..
9.(12) Hector 23...Found little Resistance against Marshall this week...Could secure a conference title this week.
10.(6) Gurdon 16...another top 10 team that turned in a dud last week, doesn't get any easier this week against smackover

Others recieving votes--Mt ida, Cross County, McCrory

Dropped out: McCrory(8th), Carlisle(10th)

cuz

Hooties after week 1

1. Junction City (1-0)
2. Bearden (1-0)
3. Rison (1-0)
4. Hazen (1-0)
5. E. Poinsett County (1-0)
6. Gurdon (0-1)
7. Earle (0-1)
8. Hector (1-0)
9. Dierks (1-0)
10. Des Arc (0-1)
11. England (1-0)
12. Magnet Cove (1-0)
13. Mount Ida (1-0)
14. Murfreesboro (1-0) 
15. Cross County (1-0)
16. McCrory (1-0)
17. Bigelow (1-0)
18. Woodlawn (1-0)
19. Marked Tree (1-0)
20. Walnut Ridge (0-1)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on September 09, 2014, 09:54:22 pm
Hooties after week 1

1. Junction City (1-0)
2. Bearden (1-0)
3. Rison (1-0)
4. Hazen (1-0)
5. E. Poinsett County (1-0)
6. Gurdon (0-1)
7. Earle (0-1)
8. Hector (1-0)
9. Dierks (1-0)
10. Des Arc (0-1)
11. England (1-0)
12. Magnet Cove (1-0)
13. Mount Ida (1-0)
14. Murfreesboro (1-0) 
15. Cross County (1-0)
16. McCrory (1-0)
17. Bigelow (1-0)
18. Woodlawn (1-0)
19. Marked Tree (1-0)
20. Walnut Ridge (0-1)

They have hector to high...of course I think the fans have us to high as well....We lost a lot from last year, and well marshall wasn't exactly the best measuring stick...

BrianfromCarlisle

Hooties is ignorant if they don't think England is top 10

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 09, 2014, 09:58:05 pm

fairly certain that they punished Gurdon for getting blown out last week, by bumping them up to 6th from 7th....Sooooo that tells you just how good they are at this ranking game...

BrianfromCarlisle

I will say England is top 5.  They have some great athletes.  And that QB is a gamer!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 09, 2014, 10:02:11 pm
I will say England is top 5.  They have some great athletes.  And that QB is a gamer!

Top 10, won't give them top 5 until we see how they respond to a team that puts up a fight(no offense to teh Bison though..)

BrianfromCarlisle

I understand. But I also saw the ability. It's ridiculous. I want to know how fast Harris is

Proud Buckaroo

Hooten's has been full of it since he started doing the predicitions.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 09, 2014, 10:04:45 pm
I understand. But I also saw the ability. It's ridiculous. I want to know how fast Harris is

I seen it last year in hector to.....8)

this isn't a back hand compliment either...I was impressed with the pure athleticism, the other stuff not so much

bulldog

September 09, 2014, 10:37:17 pm #10 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:58:11 pm by bulldog
HF,

You have England ranked ahead of Hector.  That is fine, your opinion is your opinion.  But I believe I remember hearing that England's coach pulled his team off the field at a team camp this summer when they were going against Hector. 

Why?? 

Because the Cats were giving him the same dose of what he saw in the playoffs.

How good is Hector, I don't know.  But apparently they have a mental edge if not also a physical edge on the guys from across the pond.

bigworm

Im an england lion but I dont think we are top 5. We always play really hard against carlisle and played a great game last friday night. But respect is earned. The best thing about all of this is that we have a playoff system so opinions dont mean jack crap. But it is always good when the opinion is a favorable one. Thanks for the compliment of the england qb, brian. Thats my little boy. Just hope he keeps growin and developing. It is a pleasure being his daddy. Hes a good kid.

WPWells

Calm down, bulldog. Get the bee out of your bonnet. I happen to think that HF is a great guy (from what I know of him on here) and judging from his posts he definitely loves and supports Hector

bulldog

12th Man,

Apparently I was already retyping my comment when you posted yours. 

bigworm

Quote from: bulldog on September 09, 2014, 10:37:17 pm
HF,

You have England ranked ahead of Hector.  That is fine, your opinion is your opinion.  But I believe I remember hearing that England's coach pulled his team off the field at a team camp this summer when they were going against Hector. 

Why?? 

Because the Cats were giving him the same dose of what he saw in the playoffs.

How good is Hector, I don't know.  But apparently they have a mental edge if not also a physical edge on the guys from across the pond.

Not the first time our coach has done that at a team camp. When his team is wore out he leaves, but this time One of your d linemen was trying his best to start a fight. Coach didnt want it to happen so time to roll. Last year is last year. I just hope we see yall in the playoffs this year. What happened to the original post?

bulldog

Not the first time HF has said something that set me off.  We have had other conversations between ourselves that we have discussed different things.  Thought after I had posted original that I might have misunderstood him so I changed my post.  Hey, to much going on in the world to let a topic or comment get to the point of personal.  Caught myself but a tad late.  Trying to do the right thing.

Trust me, I know he supports the Cats.

bulldog

Big Worm,

Ironic thing about your comment is the fact that the team didn't leave.  They continued with the rest of camp.  Just didn't continue against Hector.  Not trying to make an issue with you.  Hey, maybe your right and we will hook it up again during the playoffs.

bigworm

Maybe so but its a long shot im thinkn since we changed conferences. Good luck to yall. Im with ya on the "right thing" comment. Cant tell ya the times ive typed up something and never post it after I just thought about it for a minute. Its just football. And its all just a bunch of grown folks on here havin some fun talkin a little trash. No issue with me bulldog. Heck I dont want an issue with anyone named "BULLDOG" anyway.  ;D

bulldog

HAHA!!!!!  Good luck to you guys.

bdubyab60

Just for reference guys, while this is HF poll, the FF posters voted to get this ranking. So if someone is to high or to low it's on us not HF.

He's just counting the ballots.

bulldog

Gotcha BDUB.  You guys keep doing what you are doing.  All is good.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: bigworm on September 09, 2014, 10:51:36 pm
Im an england lion but I dont think we are top 5. We always play really hard against carlisle and played a great game last friday night. But respect is earned. The best thing about all of this is that we have a playoff system so opinions dont mean jack crap. But it is always good when the opinion is a favorable one. Thanks for the compliment of the england qb, brian. Thats my little boy. Just hope he keeps growin and developing. It is a pleasure being his daddy. Hes a good kid.
No problem worm. He is deserving of the praise. I enjoyed watching him.  I personally think they are top 5. I understand why the hesitation from others.  I think they will prove me right. We shall see. Best of luck

HorseFeathers

Man bulldog i haven't even been negative about hector this year :). I do think we're a little high still just because of what we had to replace this year. And marshall was awful so that wasn't much to go off of to measure where we're at at this point. I think i voted us tenth, but i'd have to look. . . .if we go to hackett and blow them out then i'll rethink where we are right now

cuz

Pesonally I really like this thread, it keeps you informed of what most posters think of all the teams. The guys doing this seem to be fairly rational and objective to all the teams. England might be a good team but you don't move into the top 5 after one win. Lot of football left to be played. Carlisle was supposed to be down and as the one-sided score showed. I think England is more of a experienced team and seems to be finally coming together under a good coach. So much can happen in 2a to change the outcome of a season, no. 1 injuries, and several other factors not to be mentioned. HF is but a good guy that put together a good poll of rating the 2a teams, what's that old saying, don't shoot the messenger........... :D

Cheek

Quote from: bulldog on September 09, 2014, 11:24:34 pm
Big Worm,

Ironic thing about your comment is the fact that the team didn't leave.  They continued with the rest of camp.  Just didn't continue against Hector.  Not trying to make an issue with you.  Hey, maybe your right and we will hook it up again during the playoffs.

If you will read, Coach pull England because tempers were getting bad, and players were about to fight.  Team camps are about football and not boxing.  I understand that everything was going good until the mouthing got bad.

BrianfromCarlisle

Cuz, I understand why England isn't top 5 in this poll. You are correct. It is simply my opinion.  I believe they are.  They can prove me right or wrong.  I have no gripe with HF....except the deliberate sabotaging last year!   Lol.

THA TRUTH

BrianfromCarlisle

How did they sneak in the top spot again???

THA TRUTH

BrianfromCarlisle

HF, rerun the numbers!   

Doc Holiday

Re vote, because that can't be right...

THA TRUTH

I'm beginning to think u are biased HF

Donnie Jamon

is there a website to vote.  I forgot and cleared my messages a month ago

HorseFeathers

DJ I post the link every week in a new thread

Donnie Jamon

Well then, thx..  i'll have to get on here more often..

HorseFeathers

Yep.....and truth i think i'll mess up my tally next week and put cross county at number 1 just to see how many come out of the woodwork to gripe and call me an idiot lol

Doc Holiday

Yea do that HF. Little change in scenery would be nice. Heck it'll make me feel better. Lol

THA TRUTH

Wouldn't hurt to add a lil fiction to the poll

ISU7

BEWARE of Cross County!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THA TRUTH

Everyone should really be worried about norphlet

mtindian42

do you have a state ranking of the 2a hf or just the top 10? just curious were you have the Indians. thanks...

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 10, 2014, 02:47:26 pm
do you have a state ranking of the 2a hf or just the top 10? just curious were you have the Indians. thanks...
Ranked just ahead of rector, midland and piggott

lionfan59

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 09, 2014, 09:58:05 pm
think we figured that out when they said we were going to loose to you guys by 25.....   ;D

HorseFeathers

i have something of a power formula that i was playing with for my own amusement but i didn't update it with week 1 results.  . . . That's the ranking that would upset ole bulldog again lol. It had hector at around 25th

the game

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 10, 2014, 01:34:09 pm
Made me think , Now Bearden has an open date for 10/31 , if anyone has that date come open , I'm sure Coach would like to talk about playing ...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: the game on September 11, 2014, 08:42:48 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 10, 2014, 01:34:09 pm
Made me think , Now Bearden has an open date for 10/31 , if anyone has that date come open , I'm sure Coach would like to talk about playing ...

Hermitage decide to not play you guys?

Proud Buckaroo

That was when they were playing Norphlet.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 11, 2014, 08:52:26 pm
That was when they were playing Norphlet.

*facepalm*....apparently I can't read dates very well...My bad guys Week 10 would be the hermitage game...

HorseFeathers

Mccrory is opent that week though

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: HF on September 11, 2014, 09:00:11 pm
Mccrory is opent that week though
Already asked and they said no.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas