• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 WEEK 2, BDUB

Started by bdubyab60, September 08, 2014, 01:22:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Well needlesss to say I stunk it up last week on the conference picks. 4-4 to be exact. We will get past it though.

WEEK 2 GAMES.

CROSS COUNTY @ ARKANSAS BAPTIST.
Davis, Davis, Davis, Davis and more Davis for the T-birds. Best running backin the conference, accounted fo rover half of CC's points. Defense looks to be improved as T-birds beat the snot out of harrisburg 55-16.
Arkansas Baptist lost a tight one to CAC 36-35. Other than that dont know much about them.
Davis is the difference.j
CROSS COUNTY 44 ARKANSAS BAPTIST 22

RECTOR AT CEDAR RIDGE
Rector back in football again after 4 years out. Went about as i expected last week with the Cougars getting punished by Palestine Wheatley 34-20.
Cedar Ridge lets face is a basketball school, they lost to Lincoln 20-6 in game one. Everything tells us this should be a close game. Two teams looking for their first win.
Tough pick here.
CEDAR RIDGE 28 RECTOR 26

MIDLAND @ BARTON
Midland lost to Woodlawn 38-12. Doesnt look to get any easier here as Barton looks to bre tough again even though they only beat Marvell 42-0. One of the schools has a rich tradition of football and the other just starting. Might be the easiest pick ive made.
BARTON 48 MIDLAND 0

HARRISBURG @ MARKED TREE
Ill admit I was surprised at how easy the Indians beat Piggott, 28-16. Was also surprised harrisburg got beat as bad as they did 55-16 by Cross County. Marked Tree dont have a Davis but they seemed pretty balanced by what I read in the paper. It was 21-0 MT when I drove by late inthe game so MT didnt give up the scores until later on. Marked Tree has been tough at home the past couple of years as well. I think Ill take the tribe in this one.

MARKED TREE 32 HARRISBURG 24

RIVERVIEW @ WALNUT RIDGE
I was right on one thing the Bobcats won, just not the ones I thought. Walnut ridge lost to Corning 20-8. Looks like graduation may hit the Bobcats some this year. I think they will still be tough in conference though. Riverview go smoked by Pocahontas 46-14, other than that i dont know much about them. Tough pick here but Ill go wit WR at home.
WALNUT RIDGE 24 RIVERVIEW 20

SALEM @ YELLVILLE SUMMIT
Salem starts off by letting me down again, losing to Mt. View 42-26. Times may be tough for the Greyhounds this year. next for them though is Yellville Summit who lost to Melbourne 28-12. Good news for the Greyhounds this one is at home. Lets see if the young hounds can get a win here.

SALEM 30 YELLVILLE SUMMIT 24

EPC @ CORNING
EPC pulled off an exciting comeback against Mccrory beating the Jags 36-32 with 3 seconds on the clock. Corning beat Walnut Ridge 20-6. Been a while since these 2 have faced each other I believe. Corning has been tough at home the past few years. EPC got to cut down on the turnovers. Ill ride with the Warriors.

EPC 34 CORNING 24

2A-3 GAME OF THE WEEK
EARLE @ RIVERCREST
Well 2 weeks in a row Earle has the game of the week. Earle got beat pretty good by Hazen 36-16. They will be travelin got old 3A-3 rival Rivercrest and the cotton patch. Rivercrest had a comeback attempt come up short against Paragould 38-33. Should be a hard hitting game and if I cant make to Corning ill be at this one. both teams got some things to work on but I think the colts have the upper hand on the offensive side of the ball as of right now. Winning in the cotton patch is never easy and especially when you are a big time rival like the Bulldogs.
I expect a knockdown drag out with points at a preminum in this one.
RIVERCREST 20 EARLE 18

Hopefully I get the percentage up this week.

bdubyab60

Would have figured there would have been some talk on the Rivercrest game. Guess the boys up on their old 3a board

Donnie Jamon

Epc
Rivercrest
CC
Harrisburg
Rector
Barton
YS
Riverview

playmaker04

I'm with you on the pics. Rector an CR is a coin flip

mcnewfamily

gonna go cr on that.  they still have had a team for the past few years.

Donnie Jamon

I do think MT and WR will win tho although I didn't pick them. :). And if Rivercrest can't beat Paragould then they might be in trouble

bdubyab60

harrisburg got drilled by Cross county. Winning at Marked tree will be tough for them.

Im torn on the riverview / walnut ridge game. Riverview score 14 on pocahontas who is a decent ball club, but those could have been garbage points. Bobcats are tough at home.

Rivercrest didnt help themselves in the paragould game. Lots of penalties that wiped out scores and killed drives. I dont think they do that at home. it will be a tight game between them and the bulldogs though for sure.

bdubyab60

Heres what Hoots thinks.

WEEK 2 PREDICTIONS (favored teams in ALL CAPS)
3-2A
E. POINSETT COUNTY (4) at Corning: Class 3A No. 26 Corning got past 3-2A member and rival Walnut Ridge 20-8 last week. 3-2A member and No. 5 East Poinsett County committed three first-half turnovers (two fumbles returned for TDs) but rallied past McCrory 36-32. EPC senior QB Aaron Scales (2,600 yards in 2013) completed 21 of 31 passes for 309 yards and two TDs. Senior WR Quinn Young caught nine balls for 122 yards, and junior WR Clay Malone had six receptions for 101 yards.

Cedar Ridge at RECTOR (1): Rector claims a varsity win after a four-year hiatus and gives first-year head coach David Hendrix his first victory at his alma mater.
Earle at RIVERCREST (12): Earle did not look sharp in its opening 36-16 loss at Hazen, but freshman Gerry Bohanon (6-4, 230) flashed his athletic ability with a 20-yard TD run and a 35-yard TD pass to senior Tevin Scott.
Cross County at ARKANSAS BAPTIST (14): No. 15 Cross County jumped Harrisburg last week, taking just four plays to score. All-3-2A junior Anfernee Davis then sacked the Harrisburg QB, forced a fumble, scooped and sprinted 43 yards for a TD. Cross County led 42-8 after one quarter. Davis also rushed 10 times for 174 yards and four TDs. Junior LB Holden Byassee (6-3, 225) led the Thunderbird defense that held Harrisburg to 202 yards and one TD. 4-4A member Arkansas Baptist had rallied past CAC last week but lost on a two-point conversion after time had expired 36-35. Arkansas Baptist four-year QB Riley Perkins completed  24 of 27 passes for 331 yards and four TDs in defeat.
Salem at YELLVILLE-SUMMIT (2): Salem dropped its opener to Class 3A Mountain View 42-24. The Greyhounds had  beaten Mountain View by an average of 34 points the past years. Salem has beaten Yellville three years in a row, including 42-18.
RIVERVIEW (2) at Walnut Ridge: First meeting between the two schools. Both lost Week 1. Class 4A No. 44 Riverview lost to a solid Pocahontas team by 32 points. Class 3A No. 27 Corning dropped Walnut Ridge 20-8.
Harrisburg at MARKED TREE (15): Marked Tree held Class 3A No.  36 Piggott to 225 total yards last week. Junior end Jaylon Gunn led Marked Tree with 10 tackles and a sack, while junior LB Ramiro Rodriguez collected nine tackles and recovered a fumble. Senior TB Cameron Mitchell rushed for a game-high 145 yards. Harrisburg trailed Cross County 42-8 at the end of the first quarter last week and did not force a punt.
Midland at BARTON (36): Startup Midland's varsity debut ended in a 38-12 loss last week to 8-2A member Woodlawn.

bdubyab60

And of course La La land

RECTOR 31 CEDAR RIDGE 28
EARLE 28 RIVERCREST 27
MARKED TREE 38 HARRISBURG 14
BARTON 44 MIDLAND 6
CROSS COUNTY 38 ARKANSAS BAPTIST 28
EPC 28 CORNING 17
YELLVILLE 28 SALEM 22
RIVERVIEW 27 WALNUT RIDGE 22

These are all neutral field scenarios.

If I had one pick to change it might be the riverview/walnut ridge game. But I do picks of integrity and stick with my picks.

mtindian42

our d is tough...mt 55 hb 8.

Greyhound#1

Bdub,  Salem playing at yellville so if your prediction was based on that were playing at home u may want to rethink.   So back to mtn view game,  there better then you give them credit for.  There RB is legit.  Now saying that I don't think I'm gonna panic just yet.  Salem played a great second half and I believe the coaches figured out what's works for this group.  The QB has huge arm and when they started letting him throw they looked awesome.  They showed some fight in the 2nd half.  I didn't see a team or sideline that had given up or even fans.  Really cant wait to watch from week 1 to week 2 improvements. 

bdubyab60

Got a little backwards on that but it's cool. I'll stick with the hounds. They let me down again though and I'm predicting a long year for the hounds. I think they can fight for the 4 or 5 spot this year.

Rerun

I would be careful predicting the MT/Harrisburg game based solely on the CC/Harrisburg game. 

bdubyab60

Not all I based it on, but partly.

Really the most weight I put in to it is the fact that MT is probably a little better than last year. They dont lose very much at home. Plus I just dont think Harrisburg is that good. They struggled in 3A last year and 4A will be no better.

My picks are almost always a little sarcastic.

Donnie Jamon

ok take the hornet pick back.  MT by 30 lol

ISU7

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 09, 2014, 11:46:37 am
I do think MT and WR will win tho although I didn't pick them. :). And if Rivercrest can't beat Paragould then they might be in trouble
REALLY, but you pick them. Oh btw Paragould has one of the best backs in this area. DJ, read what Bdub said about the Colts. They had two TD's called back. You do the math. Nice comeback against MCrory who actually had the game won but decided to pass. Hmmmmm!!! lol  8) Don't take Corning Light..... ;D

bdubyab60

Quote from: ISU7 on September 10, 2014, 01:16:33 pm
REALLY, but you pick them. Oh btw Paragould has one of the best backs in this area. DJ, read what Bdub said about the Colts. They had two TD's called back. You do the math. Nice comeback against MCrory who actually had the game won but decided to pass. Hmmmmm!!! lol  8) Don't take Corning Light..... ;D
ISU7 watch it man. they maybe shouldnt have passed but we gave em 12 points as well. All Mccrory is in the uproar over the play calling but forget the fact they couldnt stop us when we had the ball. Over 430 yards of offense for the Warriors. i love doing what ifs.

What if they didnt pas and played to run out the clock. Yeah they maybe win. They also scored after that to take the lead again and then the D couldnt stop us.

What if EPC doesnt cough up 2 scoop and scores and spot Mccrory the lead. Well maybe we win that thing by 16 to 18 points.

Thats just what ifs.

mtindian42

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 10, 2014, 11:49:27 am
Quotethat killed you to say that dj...but its the truth... ;D

Rerun

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 10, 2014, 11:49:27 am

I can tell you that will NOT happen.

Donnie Jamon

I thought Rivercrest had one of the best backs around here?  If you ask Earle, they have the 3 best backs in the whole state.  GL Friday.  Yeah, we will have our hands full with Corning's big line that's for sure.  Corning isn't as fast as the backs were with McCrory but they run extremely well. 

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 10, 2014, 01:28:32 pm
ISU7 watch it man. they maybe shouldnt have passed but we gave em 12 points as well. All Mccrory is in the uproar over the play calling but forget the fact they couldnt stop us when we had the ball. Over 430 yards of offense for the Warriors. i love doing what ifs.

What if they didnt pas and played to run out the clock. Yeah they maybe win. They also scored after that to take the lead again and then the D couldnt stop us.

What if EPC doesnt cough up 2 scoop and scores and spot Mccrory the lead. Well maybe we win that thing by 16 to 18 points.

Thats just what ifs.
Lol relax bro it's all fun with me. The kids play the game.....EPC has a good team 8)

bdubyab60

Quote from: ISU7 on September 11, 2014, 07:37:27 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 10, 2014, 01:28:32 pm

Thats just what ifs.
Lol relax bro it's all fun with me. The kids play the game.....EPC has a good team 8)
just jawing at ya lol.

Rerun

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 09, 2014, 03:23:15 pm

Sorry to disappoint ya, but that's not happening.  Assuming that we stay injury free.

Elvis

Harrisburg should beat MT, and Corning should beat EPC. These poor little ole football schools with only 18-20 players playing against 4A-3A schools.

Rerun

Quote from: Elvis on September 12, 2014, 07:43:35 am
Harrisburg should beat MT, and Corning should beat EPC. These poor little ole football schools with only 18-20 players playing against 4A-3A schools.

lol.  Cross County had more players than Harrisburg. 

playmaker04

Quote from: Elvis on September 12, 2014, 07:43:35 am
cc dresses 32 my friend

bdubyab60

Rerun

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 12, 2014, 08:15:47 am
Sarcasm fellas.

Oh I could tell.  That's why I laughed.  Out loud mind you. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Rerun on September 12, 2014, 08:17:54 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 12, 2014, 08:15:47 am
Sarcasm fellas.

Oh I could tell.  That's why I laughed.  Out loud mind you.
Ha read to fast and missed your lol. lol

mtindian42

Quote from: Rerun on September 12, 2014, 06:28:17 am

Sorry to disappoint ya, but that's not happening.  Assuming that we stay injury free.
Quotemaybe your right. our. maybe i am...we shall find out soon enough... ;D

Rerun

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 12, 2014, 08:46:48 am

Quotemaybe your right. our. maybe i am...we shall find out soon enough... ;D

If Harrisburg doesn't get their act together, a win will be hard to to squeeze out.  But there are different factors in play for this week.

playmaker04

If I was davis I would use the big 6-5 boy you got in the backfield more. He's a load.

Rerun

Quote from: playmaker04 on September 12, 2014, 09:50:09 am
If I was davis I would use the big 6-5 boy you got in the backfield more. He's a load.

You're exactly right.  He had to sit out 1qtr last week.

Rerun

Harrisburg couldn't beat MT and the horrible officiating.

Donnie Jamon

Yeah. It might have been bad but no excuses for jumping offsides on 4th down

bdubyab60

Quote from: Rerun on September 12, 2014, 09:48:19 pm
Harrisburg couldn't beat MT and the horrible officiating.
Did they call a penalty o your coach there in the 4th. he was awful mad about something, couldn't tell what it was from where I was at sitting outside the fence.

You  know its not very smart to chase officials halfway across the field, yelling and screaming.

Rerun

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 12, 2014, 09:58:08 pm

I was staring right down the line, and he never crossed. But your right, there is no excuse for jumping period.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Rerun on September 12, 2014, 10:10:35 pm
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on September 12, 2014, 09:58:08 pm

I was staring right down the line, and he never crossed. But your right, there is no excuse for jumping period.
I was looking from the endzone and saw him jump. If they get the stop there they would of had plenty of time to score. but that's the way it goes.

bdubyab60

Salem, WR, CC and Rivercrest you guys let me down again.

YSpantherfan

If Salem would have been more worried about football than who they were going to try and cheap shot next they might have scored. But i will give the QB props, when he isn't in pain he's pretty dang good.

mtindian42

lol bad reefing? your coach pretty much pitched a tint at the 50 yard line... it took and act of congress to get them to throw a flag...I would say they give him 3 or 4 chances to go back before they threw the flag...and there were calls that went both ways...tell the whole story...good game and good luck the rest of the way...

Rerun

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 13, 2014, 12:56:53 am
lol bad reefing? your coach pretty much pitched a tint at the 50 yard line... it took and act of congress to get them to throw a flag...I would say they give him 3 or 4 chances to go back before they threw the flag...and there were calls that went both ways...tell the whole story...good game and good luck the rest of the way...

He was probably about to pitch that tent right next to the one your coach already had in place. I would love to know the penalty yardage stats.

mtindian42

Quote from: Rerun on September 13, 2014, 02:32:09 am
Quote from: mtindian42 on September 13, 2014, 12:56:53 am

He was probably about to pitch that tent right next to the one your coach already had in place. I would love to know the penalty yardage stats.
Quotewhen was coach Dunn on the field? to the point he had to be told to get off of of it? 3 or 4 times?

playmaker04

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 12, 2014, 10:14:22 pm
Salem, WR, CC and Rivercrest you guys let me down again.
its hard to win when you have 18 penalties called against you to the other teams 0. Players said AB was the dirtiest team they ever played against but its our own fault because we were inside the 10 three times and couldn't score.

mtindian42

Quoteyou was right...I was way wrong lol...y'all should throw it to 85 more that kid is good...and y'all should run 49 more he is a load...

Rerun

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 14, 2014, 05:19:41 pm

Quoteyou was right...I was way wrong lol...y'all should throw it to 85 more that kid is good...and y'all should run 49 more he is a load...

lol.  Well thanks for saying that, and thanks for the game footage on youtube.  Your commentary during the game was funny and very often spot on.

mtindian42

it was the right thing to do...when your wrong admit it and move on...lol I just get caught up in the game and say and do crazy things...I just have fun out there...but yawl had us biten our nails there at the end...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas