• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton at Bearden 09-12-14

Started by the game, September 07, 2014, 07:26:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

the game

Both teams coming off big week 1 wins ... Hampton will be fielding it's best team in years ... I don't know what Hampton needs to work on , but the Bears need to work on their pass game on both sides of the ball offense and defense ...

heavyhittaz_7

cuz

I'll go with Bearden on this one, Hampton might stay a half....... ;)

heavyhittaz_7

Mabe the first quarter till bearden offense get to rollin.. ;D

#72 Bearden Bear

Hampton hasn't done anything. They beat a team that hasn't won a game in 4 years. They thought they could stay with us last year and it ended up 42-0. This game will be probably end up 48-0. As for our pass game, what pass game. All we did was run the ball.

HorseFeathers

the game

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on September 07, 2014, 09:45:08 pm
  As for our pass game, what pass game. All we did was run the ball.
I wasn't at the game , I was just going by listening on the laptop ... I didn't think we threw very many passes ... I knew the run game was clicking , with the big runs by Jamond and Devontae and it sounded like Joseph Smith ran hard ...  O-line must have been blocking pretty good ...

pj72501

Simply an observation while broadcasting the game and talking with coaches.  The gameplan was to run.  I believe our passing game will develop but why pass when you can run almost at will.  We have several backs who can run hard, fast and with power.  Stick with what works.  I could be wrong but just my opinion.

Backwoods Bart

Bearden had 457 yards rushing versus a pretty good Harmony Grove defense. hampton will have their hands full friday night.

cuz

Quote from: pj72501 on September 08, 2014, 05:19:25 pm
Simply an observation while broadcasting the game and talking with coaches.  The gameplan was to run.  I believe our passing game will develop but why pass when you can run almost at will.  We have several backs who can run hard, fast and with power.  Stick with what works.  I could be wrong but just my opinion.
Because there's a time when you can't run, not to smart to try and develop it then........... ;)

THA TRUTH

Hampton will lose just because of the fact their head coach struck out swinging 4 times in slow pitch softball and never even made contact

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 08, 2014, 06:40:06 pm
Hampton will lose just because of the fact their head coach struck out swinging 4 times in slow pitch softball and never even made contact

Ouch...

the game

September 08, 2014, 06:50:27 pm #12 Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:13:28 pm by the game
   Cuz has a good point ... and I believe the Bears pass game will develop over time ... There's no doubt Jamond has an accurate arm and I hear Keairon Nelson has the potential to be a go to receiver and others could step up too ... like 72501 says that was the game plan for game 1 ... game 2 and on we will might see a few more pass plays ... but we may want to keep a few plays secret  ;)

bdubyab60

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 08, 2014, 06:07:44 pm
Bearden had 457 yards rushing versus a pretty good Harmony Grove defense. hampton will have their hands full friday night.
Not to good if they gave up 457 yards rushing.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 08, 2014, 06:57:56 pm
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 08, 2014, 06:07:44 pm
Not to good if they gave up 457 yards rushing.

Maybe. A couple more games will tell the tale,

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 08, 2014, 06:40:06 pm

You better watch it talking about him, you will have the Hampton faithful on you. They were on me before last season when they were saying how he was going to be the saving grace of Hampton high and I politely told them he sucked and he does.

THA TRUTH

Their golden boy ables is a worse softball player than he is football coach as hard as it is to believe

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 08, 2014, 08:49:10 pm
Their golden boy ables is a worse softball player than he is football coach as hard as it is to believe

He is even worse at coaching basketball.

THA TRUTH

Yea his wife doesn't talk to highly of him either if u know what I mean

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 08, 2014, 09:21:49 pm

He thought he was, "somebody" when he was here at d.a.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 08, 2014, 10:07:13 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 08, 2014, 09:21:49 pm

He thought he was, "somebody" when he was here at d.a.

Yea his problems started when he got off the juice

the game

Why don't one of you either "Truth or Pick" start a thread about your dislike for Coach Ables ... Geez ... this thread was started so we could discuss the upcoming game , not bash a Coach that you two obviously have a dislike for ... Thank You !!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: the game on September 09, 2014, 03:29:18 pm
  Why don't one of you either "Truth or Pick" start a thread about your dislike for Coach Ables ... Geez ... this thread was started so we could discuss the upcoming game , not bash a Coach that you two obviously have a dislike for ... Thank You !!

When did you get voted to be the thread sheriff?

Isn't he the coach at Hampton? Therefore at least the discussion is about a coach of one of the team's mentioned in this thread. At least it didn't get derailed by j.c. fans stating how great they are, and yes they are great.

THA TRUTH

Why even make a thread about this game honestly Hampton sucks

the game

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 09, 2014, 04:03:37 pm
Quote from: the game on September 09, 2014, 03:29:18 pm

When did you get voted to be the thread sheriff?

Isn't he the coach at Hampton? Therefore at least the discussion is about a coach of one of the team's mentioned in this thread. At least it didn't get derailed by j.c. fans stating how great they are, and yes they are great.
When posters from Des Arc and Junction City or any other school get on a Bearden and Hampton thread and bash a Coach they will be called out ... I know you "Pick" don't like Ables because he was a former Coach at DA ... I don't know why "Truth" dislikes Ables , but maybe when JC plays Hampton in a few weeks he will tell us on the JC / Hampton thread why ... I was just asking in a nice way to take your personnel problems you have with a Coach elsewhere ... I see someone started threads on both you guys , so I thought you might want to start one on Coach Ables ...   
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 09, 2014, 04:19:19 pm
Why even make a thread about this game honestly Hampton sucks
That's your opinion , so let's not see a Junction City thread for the Junction City games with Hampton , Hermitage , Woodlawn , Strong , Parkers Chapel , etc , etc , ... Let's just have threads about top 10 teams and no one else  ::)

THA TRUTH

Oh u won't see those from me I don't talk about the lower level teams

the game

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 09, 2014, 07:08:59 pm
Oh u won't see those from me I don't talk about the lower level teams
That's a +1 from me ... I don't do that either , anymore ... but back in my early years , I would trash talk a little about most anyone , lol  :D

mtindian42

60Hog

I was at the Bearden HG game.  The bears need a little work on pass defense although the HG QB looked real good throwing.  He's a lefty and not a senior so they will have a dandy next year.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: 60Hog on September 10, 2014, 10:12:26 am
I was at the Bearden HG game.  The bears need a little work on pass defense although the HG QB looked real good throwing.  He's a lefty and not a senior so they will have a dandy next year.

Bearden is just fine on pass defense Harmony Grove saw a miss match and gashed Bearden for yardage on 2plays. Bearden coaches made adjustments and stoped the threat.

the game

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 10, 2014, 01:05:32 pm
Quote from: 60Hog on September 10, 2014, 10:12:26 am

Bearden is just fine on pass defense Harmony Grove saw a miss match and gashed Bearden for yardage on 2plays. Bearden coaches made adjustments and stoped the threat.
Reading an article in the Camden News ... Bearden did have 4 interceptions on defense , and only gave up 1 offensive TD and that was late in the 4th quarter , so overall it sounds like the Bears defense had a good game against a pretty good HG team which does have a good QB and some big receivers ...

lionfan59

Well from what I saw during scrimmage, Bearden has some athletes, that seem to be able to adjust to different styles of play.  Think that Bearden is on their way back up to the top of the charts.  So with that being said I'm going with Bearden on this one.

the game

Nice Football weather  ... Hampton receives kickoff and on 3rd down , Bears intercept at H42 ... Bears Ross runs to 27 ... Jamond runs to the 15 ... Ross runs in for TD ... pat by Austin Hall good ... Bears 7 Dogs 0 ... 10 min left 1st qtr...

the game

Bears stop Hampton and get the ball where Keairon Nelson runs it in from 52 yards out behind great line blocking ... pat good ... Bears 14 Dogs 0 ... 7 min 1st qtr

the game

September 12, 2014, 07:34:45 pm #34 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:36:20 pm by the game
   Bears Justin Horstkamp gets his 2nd interception , ball at mid field ... Bears Keyshawn Lee has big run down to the Hampton 18 ... Xavier Cones runs to the 10 ... DeVontae Ross 10 yard TD pass to Keairon Nelson ... pat good ... Bearden 21 Hampton 0  ... 4 min left 1st qtr ...  Bears defense playing tough ... Matias Gregory intercepts at mid field and runs back to the H14 ... Devontae Ross TD ... pat good ... 40 seconds left 1st qtr ... Bears 28 -0 ...

catbearfan1

Power went out at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. It doesn't look like it's going to come back on.

catbearfan1

Looks like we're going to play in the dark! Well, half the lights and no scoreboard

the game

I lost my game feed that I was listening too , so I won't be posting until it comes back on ... glad we got the big lead ...

the game

Bearden scored again don't know details 35-0 , then mercy rule clock starts and Hampton scores on backups as the half ends ... still no clock or pressbox ,etc ... Halftime Bears 35  Dogs 7 ...  Question , will the mercy clock still run in the second half or since they got it to below 35 will the 2nd half clock run as normal until the 35 point spear is reached again ?

Dragon I

the game

the game

September 12, 2014, 08:25:50 pm #41 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:30:54 pm by the game
   Bearden 42 Hampton 7 ... end of 3rd qtr

the game

Game got a little sloppy with drizzle and subs and played almost in the dark ... Final ... Bearden 42  Hampton 13

Backwoods Bart

Bearden scored 28 in the first qtr. 1st. team taken out for pretty much the rest of the night! Transformer blew and lost lights to home town side of field before half. Really concerned for player safety when only half of the field is lit and the shadows it cast! There where injuries on both sides of the ball.

Backwoods Bart

Were you at the game Dragon 1 ? Or listening to the coverage?

the game

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 13, 2014, 06:45:11 am

Bearden scored 28 in the first qtr. 1st. team taken out for pretty much the rest of the night! Transformer blew and lost lights to home town side of field before half. Really concerned for player safety when only half of the field is lit and the shadows it cast! There where injuries on both sides of the ball.
Thanks for the take on the game from someone that was there ... my post are based on listening on my laptop ... hope all the injuries are minor , with numbers low , don't need to lose anyone else ...

Dragon I

I was just answering a question about what happens when a lead is cut to less than 35 in the second half.  The clock still runs.

mtindian42

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas