• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Week 2 Picks

Started by Ole Man River, September 07, 2014, 03:29:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Man River

Week 1 has come and gone.  OMR went 7-1 on his picks only missing the Bismarck/Spring Hill game.  Now it's on to Week 2.

Mountain Pine (0-1) at Dierks (1-0)
Mountain Pine lost to Jessiville 37-14, while Dierks beat Hope JV 58-30.  They did not play each other last year.  The Outlaws did what they should have agaisnt a JV team.  But most JV teams won't run an all out run and gun offense like Hope did.  Still scoring 58 points is a good day at the office.  The Red Devils played a tough Jessieville team and didn't fair well.  This week won't be any different.  OMR is going with the Outlaws 48-14.

England (1-0) at Mineral Springs (0-1)
England beat Carlisle 54-22, while the Hornets lost to Fouke 44-27.  These two teams did not play last year.  The Lions beat down the Bisons of Carlisle last week and served notice to the rest of the 2A that they are here to play this year.  Now they travel down south to take on a rebuilding Hornets team.  They played an also good Fouke team last week and didn't fair to well.  Now they got to get ready for the Lions.  Being low on numbers is hurting the Hornets, so a lot of them has to play both ways.  OMR is going with England 49-13.

Murfreesboro (1-0) at Horatio (0-1)
The Rattlers beat Strong 36-14, while the Lions lost to Cutter Morning Star 54-26.  Murfreesboro won last year 26-14.  These two ex-conference foes hook up again.  The Rattlers beat Strong and are ready to challenge Dierks for the title this year.  They look to be playing good team ball and are ready to beat up in the Mark King led Lions.  The Lions took a beat down from Cutter, and needs to regroup this week to stop the hurting.  OMR is going with the Rattlers 35-12.

Parkers Chapel (0-1) at Spring Hill (0-1)
The Trojans lost to Magnet Cove 26-14, while SH lost to Bismarck 24-8.  They did not play last year.  The Trojans played an always tough MC team and came up a little short.  Now they get a rebuilding Bears team to help them to try to get back to winning.  SH got over powered by a good running Lions team.  Now they need to get things right or it's a long year for the Bears team.  Winning this week will help with the confidence factor for both teams.  OMR is going with the Bears in a close one 14-12.

Danville (0-1) at Mount Ida (1-0)
The Little Johns lost to Dardenelle 68-34, while the Lions beat Magazine 42-0.  They did not play last year.  The Little Johns scored a lot of points last week but it's defense gave up a lot also.  Now they drive down to Mount Ida. The Lions destroyed the Rattlers of Magazine last week and are looking to do the same this week.  While Danville scored 34 points last week, don't look for them to do it this week.  OMR is going with Mount Ida 35-7.

Gurdon (0-1) at Smackover (0-1)
Gurdon lost to Prescott 47-14, while the Buckaroos got beat by Junction City 33-19.  These two teams did not play last year.  The Go-Devils didn't welcome Coach Jackson in very well last week.  The Wolves remembered last year's beat down, so they did the same to Gurdon last week.  Although it was close at half, the Wolves showed why they are ranked so high in 3A.  Smackover went to JC with hopes of stopping the win streak the Dragons are sitting on.  It was a 7 point game late but JC scored to put all hope away.  Now the Buckaroos get their 2nd 2A opponent in as many weeks.  Hopeing to regroup, they need to get ready for their conference race coming up.  OMR is going with Smackover 42-14.

Fouke (1-0) at Foreman (1-0)
Fouke beat Mineral Springs 44-27, while Foreman beat Genoa Central 33-32.  Fouke won last year 43-27.  Fouke has picked up where the left of last season.  Now they are getting ready for a pretty good passing attack of the Gators.  Fouke is not to worried about speed, because the took care of MS speed last week.  Foreman has to find a little rushing game, otherwise this will get ugly for young Tucker Hall.  If he has time to throw the ball, look out Panthers.  OMR is going with Fouke 44-28.

The 7-2A Game of the Week
Genoa Central (0-1) at Lafayette County (1-0)
The Dragons lost to Foreman 33-32, while the Cougars beat Hermitage 15-12.  LC beat Genoa last year 35-23.  Genoa almost helped their new coach with a win in his first game under the helm.  Now they will play their 2nd 7-2A team in a row.  They will get ready for a bruising running back after holding Foreman to only 10 yards rushing.  It's a good thing that LC has Burks in the backfield, because they got passed on for 291 yards.  LC had a hard time with the Hermits last week.  Not sure if LC had a bad game or did Hermitage improve that much.  The Cougars better get ready for a improving Dragons team or they will not like what is going to hit them.  Speed may be a key factor for the Cougars, because if they can get in the open spaces, Burks will take it the Distant.  OMR is going with the Dragons 28-27.

So there it is Sport Fans, let me know what you think, and who you think will win these games.  OMR OUT!!!!

HORNET-MAN

LCC

I agree with all except Spring Hill/PC and Lafayette/Genoa.
-Parker's Chapel played Magnet Cove well and have the line to push Spring Hill around.
-About 2" of rain fell in hermitage and play was sloppy. Hermitage is improved, but mistakes cost both teams. Burks had over 100yds rushing, but may not have been the leading rusher. He has help now.

foreman20

I'm pulling for home town foreman by 10 I say

cuz

Well OMR I'd say you have your hands full this year. Too many of your teams are rebuilding and playing sporadic. Mt Ida and Murfreesboro will be your most consistant and easiest games to pick this year. Keep it up always enjoyable reading............

old boy of fall

outlaws4life26

Parker's Chapel over Spring Hill 28-20. Lafeyette County over Genoa Central 27-20. Rest of them look good to me. Good job with the picks week in and week out OMR.

Lions84

tdmaker

pc 27 - sh 20
lc 33- genoa-13
fouke 22- foreman-7
England 37- ms-13
smackover 40- gurdon14
dierks 49 - mt pine 0
mt ida 22- danvile 0
murf 38-horatio 8

Yak

Spring Hill over PC. Spring Hill appears to be disciplined and has played tough opponents in camps, etc
LC over Genoa. LC should roll this year and next. It would be disappointing if LC doesn't finish in top 3 in the next two years in conference (mark it down folks)
England will beat MS handily. England has a good staff that has been working their athletes
Smackover will beat Gurdon. Gurdon is tough, depth just hurts them. Gurdon may play the Roos closer than expected-for a half
Dierks over Mt Pine. Tradition (or lack of tradition by Mt Pine) will play a role. Dierks has been competitive last few years
Danville over Mt Ida. Danville is an unknown factor, but have been decent in the past
Murfreesboro over Hoaratio. Nothing really to say-it is what it is

FilmCrew

Parkers Chapel over Spring Hill- Spring Hill won't be able to stop PC...PC by 2 td's
Lafayette County over Genoa- Don't know anything about these two teams. Tradition?
England over Mineral Springs- England should roll big.
Smackover over Gurdon- Really would like to see Gurdon take this one. Prove me wrong!!
Dierks over Mountain Pine- Dierks has to much of everything for Pine.
Mount Ida over Danville- Should be a good game, to many different weapons for the Lil Johns to cover
Murfreesboro over Horatio- Come on, Horatio lost to Cutter...Enough said!

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: FilmCrew on September 12, 2014, 02:14:48 pm
Parkers Chapel over Spring Hill- Spring Hill won't be able to stop PC...PC by 2 td's
Lafayette County over Genoa- Don't know anything about these two teams. Tradition?
England over Mineral Springs- England should roll big.
Smackover over Gurdon- Really would like to see Gurdon take this one. Prove me wrong!!
Dierks over Mountain Pine- Dierks has to much of everything for Pine.
Mount Ida over Danville- Should be a good game, to many different weapons for the Lil Johns to cover
Murfreesboro over Horatio- Come on, Horatio lost to Cutter...Enough said!
Mt.ida must have played a bad game?? or Danville was better then you thought.

Ole Man River

Danville did get beat by 4A Sand Lizards.  I missed 3 games this week Hornet-Man

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: Ole Man River on September 13, 2014, 07:41:49 am
Danville did get beat by 4A Sand Lizards.  I missed 3 games this week Hornet-Man
I was onboard with all your picks..Them 3 games that went the other way surprised me.

Ole Man River

I saw Dardanelle beat Defending 3A champ Booneville last night to make Danville lost to them look better

brotherdew

Mt Ida was on their heels throughout most of the first half. Danville had a lot to do with that.
The Lions got things going in the 2nd half and tied the game up at14 but Danville was the better team in the end.
Mt Ida will be a better team for the loss. Great job Danville and good luck this season.

M.I. D

Danville was a better team. Their o line is BIG and the have a good back. Mount Ida showed some grit and fought back to make a game of it but Danville was the better team that night. The AAA teams better keep a eye on Danville. They have size and good team speed. Mount Ida will get better from this.

monster_island

Mt. Ida may have lost more than a game last night. #77 didn't look good coming off the field.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Ole Man River on September 13, 2014, 09:34:28 am
I saw Dardanelle beat Defending 3A champ Booneville last night to make Danville lost to them look better

4A Champion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas