• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hackett vs Hector Could possibly decide 4-2A Conf. Title

Started by Hornet4ever, September 07, 2014, 01:20:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

I know its early in the season. However, after hearing Burg getting beat the way they did by Cedarville and personally it seemed like Cedarville was down in the scrimmage against Hackett I just dont see any teams stepping up and beating Hackett or Hector. Hector is an impressive team from what I am hearing and they have proved it lately. I know Two Rivers is down from last years team. But Hackett impressed me last night, Two Rivers is no slouch and if anyone thinks they are I hope you get to watch them because they're better then what some seem to be giving them. Hector will come to the Hornets nest ready to play. Any predictions? I'm going to be a Hackett faithful and go Hackett 28- Hector 21. Go Hornets.

wiseguy

cuz

I say Hector takes this, their QB is just too good for Hackett to handle..............

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on September 07, 2014, 02:56:44 pm
I say Hector takes this, their QB is just too good for Hackett to handle..............

We got a couple of quick RB's to go with him as well :D...I don't know how many recievers had receptions against Marshall as well, but it was quite a few it seemed like...

Anyway....Wildcats by 14, even with as good as we were last year Hackett played us the closest of all the conference teams....

Hornet4ever

I'm not doubting Hector at all, because from what I've heard they're everything they are supposed to be. Hackett is two steps above last years team though. #7 Running back for Hackett has some speed and big #85 has big play potential at receiver. Hopefully Hackett can show up and give Hector a run for their money. Should be a barn burner for sure.. Good luck to Hector, hopefully everything goes good and we have a good game come Friday night here in south Sebastian County!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 07, 2014, 10:33:58 pm
I'm not doubting Hector at all, because from what I've heard they're everything they are supposed to be. Hackett is two steps above last years team though. #7 Running back for Hackett has some speed and big #85 has big play potential at receiver. Hopefully Hackett can show up and give Hector a run for their money. Should be a barn burner for sure.. Good luck to Hector, hopefully everything goes good and we have a good game come Friday night here in south Sebastian County!

Hmm....Part of me wants to make the trip out to Hackett...but that's a longish drive that I don't care to make anymore(I'm an Ooold 25 lol) for regular season

As far as comparing to last season....Just going off playing Marshall, Our Offense still has the explosive capability, just not as many home run threats(No Gus Nichols, Tyler Brashears and the other kid in backfield have the capability/potential though). We can pass and we Can run..Have a very good Dual Threat QB..and honestly without looking at rosters we may have the biggest O-Line in 2A this year. Our defense was solid, but suspect at times last week...Still sticking with Hector by 2 TD's though :D

bigworm

Hector 35
Hackett 13

Hector will enter the playoffs undefeated once again.

Hornet4ever

Thanks for the info on Hector! Here's what I've seen from Hackett. QB is the walker boy who backed up last year. Seems like he really gained some size and strength from last year. Friday night against Two Rivers he got pressured quite a bit and rolled out and scrambled like a 3 year starter and impressed all of us! #85 for us plays receiver and he didn't play last year or the year before I believe. He's a big kid, around 6'2-6'3 and made plays all over the field. Hacketts got some dual backs who run the ball and have speed especially number 7. He's a quick kid. Our defense actually has some size this year too compared to last few years. Middle line backer is a big kid and two rivers had a rough time picking up his blitz last week. From what I've heard about Hector on here and from other spectators it's going to be a tough one. I really do think Hackett can give them their toughest game of this regular season and maybe even pull off a victory. But it could go the other way and Hackett could get stomped, I'm not real sure. I'll take my crow however it's served. I'm just hoping it's a good clean game and a close one. HF you should make the trip down, should be a fun game!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 08, 2014, 01:00:21 pm
Thanks for the info on Hector! Here's what I've seen from Hackett. QB is the walker boy who backed up last year. Seems like he really gained some size and strength from last year. Friday night against Two Rivers he got pressured quite a bit and rolled out and scrambled like a 3 year starter and impressed all of us! #85 for us plays receiver and he didn't play last year or the year before I believe. He's a big kid, around 6'2-6'3 and made plays all over the field. Hacketts got some dual backs who run the ball and have speed especially number 7. He's a quick kid. Our defense actually has some size this year too compared to last few years. Middle line backer is a big kid and two rivers had a rough time picking up his blitz last week. From what I've heard about Hector on here and from other spectators it's going to be a tough one. I really do think Hackett can give them their toughest game of this regular season and maybe even pull off a victory. But it could go the other way and Hackett could get stomped, I'm not real sure. I'll take my crow however it's served. I'm just hoping it's a good clean game and a close one. HF you should make the trip down, should be a fun game!

I might...but don't count on it. I've been to Hackett for basketball games back when the Branhams were playing. It's a long drive, even longer by yourself(the wife already informed me that she has no intentions of going that far for a game lol)

bfp

On defense we have 2 really good ends with speed. HF, I know it's a long drive but if this game is anything like our game against Two Rivers, it will be worth the drive. Our game last week is how football games should be, down to the last minute.

HorseFeathers

i might . . . Depends on how i feel when i get off work, and how irritable she is haha!

Hornet4ever

We got predicted to get beat by 19, hopefully we can pull put something better then that! Were also ranked 32nd in the state, with 0-1 teams in front of us.  ::)

HorseFeathers

two rivers isn't ranked very high in 3a. With that kinda spread i might stay closer to home

wiseguy

I'm going to make the trip! Hey I went to the games thru the rebuilding years and suffered thru the PUNISHMENT :'(  Why not attend the GLORYDAYS 8)   Hoping 4 a game- C YA THERE ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wiseguy on September 09, 2014, 08:52:53 pm
I'm going to make the trip! Hey I went to the games thru the rebuilding years and suffered thru the PUNISHMENT :'(  Why not attend the GLORYDAYS 8)   Hoping 4 a game- C YA THERE ;)

Ha....I'll admit it, I stopped going after 08, i watched 4 or 5 games that year....It was well hard to watch those games..

mtindian42

Suzuki Libation Nation

Hornet4ever

Really hoping to pull one off on high ranked Hector and shock some of these people who doubt Hackett so much, hopefully pull off another England upset like a couple years ago....;)

highschoolball

Recently saw some film of Hacketts game against Two Rivers, is #85 for Hackett a move in? Don't remember him last year in a few of the games I saw of Hackett.... Wondering if he can make plays against the wildcats Friday though.... ;)

Ball Hawk

Talked to a coach the other day from the scrimmage. Sounds like Hackett actually has some speed to burn this season. Can Hector bottle them up?

highschoolball

Quote from: Ball Hawk on September 11, 2014, 12:35:08 pm
Talked to a coach the other day from the scrimmage. Sounds like Hackett actually has some speed to burn this season. Can Hector bottle them up?

Yeah they do, they're a quick team. Hector shoudnt overlook Hackett at all or its going to be a long night for the ole Wildcats.

bfp

Number 85 hasn't played football since the 7th grade. He has been playing basketball fro the last several years.

HorseFeathers

just from watching hector since taylor took over , i can promise you hector isn't overlooking hackett or anyone else. Besides of the teams in conference hackett was the only one to play us within a couple touchdowns last year.

highschoolball

Quote from: bfp on September 11, 2014, 01:55:10 pm
Number 85 hasn't played football since the 7th grade. He has been playing basketball fro the last several years.

He hasnt played since 7th grade????????? Wow. He's got some sticky hands, seems like he can see and play the field well. I was impressed. How tall is he? Looks like a pretty big kid on the film.

bfp

Quote from: highschoolball on September 11, 2014, 02:44:56 pm
Quote from: bfp on September 11, 2014, 01:55:10 pm

He hasnt played since 7th grade????????? Wow. He's got some sticky hands, seems like he can see and play the field well. I was impressed. How tall is he? Looks like a pretty big kid on the film.
I'm not sure, but his brother, who played on the offensive line 2 year ago, told me that he hadn't played since 7th grade. He' a pretty good basketball player too.

wiseguy

Went to the Hector-Hackett Jr. high game tonight. Wildcats won 30-6... I'm looking for the same outcome Fri-nite 8)

highschoolball

Quote from: wiseguy on September 11, 2014, 09:43:33 pm
  Went to the Hector-Hackett Jr. high game tonight. Wildcats won 30-6... I'm looking for the same outcome Fri-nite 8)
Yeah I saw that. Also Junior high though...

wiseguy

Actually I think this game could be close,hope to see a good game. Hackett bound afterwhile :)

bfp

Quote from: wiseguy on September 12, 2014, 05:27:13 am
  Actually I think this game could be close,hope to see a good game. Hackett bound afterwhile :)
Be careful and have a safe trip. I'll be the big bearded guy with the cowbell!!

There is only on place to eat in Hackett, if you get hungry you might have to stop in Fort Smith.

HorseFeathers

More i think about it the more i want to go to hackett tonight. . . . Thinking this is gonna be a good game for a half :)

highschoolball

highschoolball

highschoolball

Final of 20-6 Hector. Don't let the score fool you folks. Hackett, had Hector reeling and almost had the game at 12-0 in the first quarter and couldn't get in the end zone. Hector escaped Hackett tonight, Hacketts a good ball club, hope these two teams meet again. Great game tonight to both. Hackett surprised all of us.

cuz

Quote from: highschoolball on September 12, 2014, 09:50:37 pm
Final of 20-6 Hector. Don't let the score fool you folks. Hackett, had Hector reeling and almost had the game at 12-0 in the first quarter and couldn't get in the end zone. Hector escaped Hackett tonight, Hacketts a good ball club, hope these two teams meet again. Great game tonight to both. Hackett surprised all of us.
Well looks like the 4-2a is settled for the year............ ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on September 12, 2014, 09:52:50 pm
Well looks like the 4-2a is settled for the year............ ;)

Who knows, maybe Mountainburg decides to play to their potential this year? Instead of rushing to Basketball season :D

HorseFeathers

Wish I would have made the drive out there now...oh well, sounds like it was a real good game, last two years have been good games between Hector and Hackett....Good Luck to Hackett the rest of the way, and go represent the 4-2A well in the playoffs :D

wiseguy

Hackett punched Hector in the mouth the 1st quarter :o  Woke Wildcats up! Hector dominated 2nd half... Wildcat D played lights-out !!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wiseguy on September 12, 2014, 11:52:51 pm
Hackett punched Hector in the mouth the 1st quarter :o  Woke Wildcats up! Hector dominated 2nd half... Wildcat D played lights-out !!!

Good to hear that....that was all that worried me after the Marshall game...seemed like they had some mental lapses in that game.

wiseguy

I was also concerned about the D after the Marshall game, but looks like they have found their way! Proud of the Wildcat-D 2nite! Good job Cats ;)

bfp

Awesome game between two really good teams. I really enjoyed it. Congrats to Hector. I am proud of the Hornets for not giving up. Would love to see these 2 teams meet again later in the season.

Hope everyone from Hector made it home safely!!

wiseguy

Quote from: bfp on September 13, 2014, 05:25:24 am
Awesome game between two really good teams. I really enjoyed it. Congrats to Hector. I am proud of the Hornets for not giving up. Would love to see these 2 teams meet again later in the season.

Hope everyone from Hector made it home safely!!
Thanks bfp, it was a good game.. Good luck the rest of the season...

wiseguy

Hector may not be tested until week 11 (barring a major upset) which could be a bad thing :-\   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wiseguy on September 15, 2014, 10:29:04 pm
Hector may not be tested until week 11 (barring a major upset) which could be a bad thing :-\   

Not being tested is a worse thing....I think we almost seen the results of that when we welcomed Parkers Chapel to our house last year...

mrscoach

The better conference games are on the road this year.  That always adds a little difficulty to games. @Magazine @Mountainburg @Union Christian should be decent tests.  Hampton at home could be a good tuneup as well.  It will be the major challenge to keep the Cats focused and improving all year.  I think they can be really good at the end though.

HorseFeathers

judging by last two weeks if magazine and hampton test us we might be in trouble come playoff time. .

bulldog

I think they are referring to different styles of offense and giving Hector a different look to adjust to before the playoffs.  Also, would be better to get a tuneup from those guys rather than a Hartford on week 9 or 10.

highschoolball

Quote from: mrscoach on September 16, 2014, 02:39:28 pm
The better conference games are on the road this year.  That always adds a little difficulty to games. @Magazine @Mountainburg @Union Christian should be decent tests.  Hampton at home could be a good tuneup as well.  It will be the major challenge to keep the Cats focused and improving all year.  I think they can be really good at the end though.
If your stating Hackett didn't test Hector then you are wrong. Not sure what game you were at.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldog on September 16, 2014, 07:22:16 pm
I think they are referring to different styles of offense and giving Hector a different look to adjust to before the playoffs.  Also, would be better to get a tuneup from those guys rather than a Hartford on week 9 or 10.

True that...as much trouble as we had with the 5 seed from that conference last year, any look at the general style from South arkansas at game speed is better than against the Scout Team and watching on film....

Quote from: highschoolball on September 16, 2014, 09:34:53 pm
Quote from: mrscoach on September 16, 2014, 02:39:28 pm
If your stating Hackett didn't test Hector then you are wrong. Not sure what game you were at.

Sigh..

bulldog

HEY highschoolball,

READ THE POST!!!!!!!

The better conference games are on the road this year.  That always adds a little difficulty to games. @Magazine @Mountainburg @Union Christian should be decent tests.

I think Hector just played Hackett on the road!!!!!  (The better conference games are on the road this year.)

@Magazine @Mountainburg @Union Christian (UPCOMING AWAY GAMES FOR HECTOR)!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!  Remove feelings from sleeve!!!!

highschoolball

Hey, I'm not from Hackett, nor am I from Hector. I was just stating that I thought he was saying Hackett wasn't a tough conference game. No reason to get bent out of shape, I'm not on anyone's side, but I will give the credit where it's due.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas