• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC/Rison

Started by amehr36, September 06, 2014, 09:38:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

Rison fumbles. JC takes over on the Rison 15. Dancy 6 yard TD run. Kick no good.

Rison.  0
JC.    26

0:06 left in th first

HorseFeathers

How long has it been since Rison got mercy ruled?

Donnie Jamon

JC can play with anyone in the state. Seriously

WPWells

I'd love to see an overall state championship. Last year I think Booneville, Charleston, and JC all could've competed with the bigger schools

bleudog

Rison. 8
JC.   26

3:27 left in the half.

Rison scores on a 37 yard pass. 

bleudog

Rison.   8
JC.     33

2:28 left in the half

Evans 60 plus yard TD run

bleudog

Rison.   8
JC.     41

0:25 left in the half

Evans 5 yard TD run after a 50+ yard run by Dancy.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on September 12, 2014, 08:03:49 pm
Rison.   8
JC.     41

0:25 left in the half

Evans 5 yard TD run after a 50+ yard run by Dancy.
Same     HALF

Wilson

Wow. . can honestly say i figured JC would win this with a nice cushion . .but i didn't see this kinda score at half. . . guess those Calvary kids paid off this week ;)

bleudog

September 12, 2014, 08:12:29 pm #59 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:45:02 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on September 12, 2014, 08:10:44 pm
Wow. . can honestly say i figured JC would win this with a nice cushion . .but i didn't see this kinda score at half. . . guess those Calvary kids paid off this week ;)

Wilson, the Lord works in mysterious ways. 

Wilson

Yeah they didn't break much of a sweat beating Midland Christian and ending a 28 game win streak last night. . .coach Bachman said it would be good to get a few more quarters of game action in and help extend JC's streak ;)

the game

Quote from: bleudog on September 12, 2014, 06:12:41 am
EDNT pre-game article:  CLICK HERE

Prayers and condolences to those in Rison impacted by the death referenced in the article.  Is there any more information available?
It was a young man that played on last years Rison team , died Monday , funeral was this afternoon ...  :(

bleudog

Rison.  8
JC.   48

10:45 left in the third

TD pass to Bell

bleudog

amehr36

Did I really just see the Rison players holding up the 4s going into the 4th???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: amehr36 on September 12, 2014, 08:52:06 pm
Did I really just see the Rison players holding up the 4s going into the 4th???

Gotta have faith in yourselves....cause absolutely noone else is going to when your down by 40 to J.C...lol

the game

This is the longest mercy ruled game I've ever seen ... Beardens game has been over for 30 minutes or more

amehr36

Well it actually didn't start till our first score in the 3rd.  However, it does seem kinda long.

bleudog

the game

Quote from: amehr36 on September 12, 2014, 08:59:52 pm
Well it actually didn't start till our first score in the 3rd.  However, it does seem kinda long.
My bad ... I was thinking it got started in the 1st half ... Impressive win ...

THA TRUTH

First time I ever saw a rison team quit

MR#1

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 12, 2014, 10:07:34 pm
First time I ever saw a rison team quit

It's been a rough week for the young men from Rison. They'll rebound though and be better next time. Otherwise, congrats to the JC Dragons. You do have a super team.

dragondad

September 12, 2014, 11:25:41 pm #72 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:27:44 pm by dragondad
I give our D props, but I've never seen a Rison O-line that weak. Dragons smothered them all night.

And for CT to go for it on his own 25 in the first half of the first half, that told me right me right away he was just drawing straws. Especially after Rison had just turned it over at nearly the same spot resulting in a JC score at 1:30 into the game.

bleudog

Tonight's 48-8 win over Rison was David Carpenter's 200th win as head coach at Junction City.   

dragondad

The Man, not a myth, but definitely a Legend!!   Congrats Coach Carpenter!

amehr36

I was also taken aback by how weak Rison's o-line was.

bearbacker52

coach carpenter, you can go to henderson state university at any time...way to go man you helluva coach!!

cav2012

Jc needs to quit playing nobodies and come play hazen

mtindian42

wow...that's all you can really say... :o I can see the Arkansas preps guys now saying...WE WAS WRONG...WE WAS WRONG...WE WAS WRONG...LOL YES YOU WERE...no one is beating this team...NO ONE...      .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH SAID...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtindian42

Quote from: cav2012 on September 13, 2014, 01:33:49 am
Quoteyou beat Earle before they woke up. and Clarendon...do you really think its wise to call out the top dog? better be more worried with des arc...THERE BACK... ;D[/quote

Wilson

Pretty sure Rison was a district game. .kinda have to play those game

bleudog

September 13, 2014, 07:25:10 am #81 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:50:20 am by bleudog

Be careful what you wish for..... ;D

Dragons have two bye weeks again this season. One week-three because of Norphlet and one week-ten because Coach C has historically found it difficult to find 2A schools that will agree to play his teams before they have to.  So I feel sure there's an open invitation and Hazen is welcome to sign up. I would guess they'd be extended the same courtesy the Dragons have shown them in the past wherever the game would be played.  ;)

bleudog

MR#1

September 13, 2014, 08:54:48 am #83 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:57:11 am by MR#1

If you're referring to Rison as a 'nobody', you need a history lesson.

Rison = 8 State Championships (including 1982, a 2-0 win over Hazen played on Hazen's terrible field)

Also, 2 of those State Championships (1990 (Barton) and 2000 (Shiloh Christian)) ended the state's longest winning streaks, both 50+ games.

You've just been educated. Now be wise, if that's possible.

THA TRUTH

Hazen would get beat by 40 also so calm down the states only hope now is bearden

cuz

There's  two open dates, tell your coach to call our coach I'm sure it can be arranged..........

THA TRUTH

Jc would love to beat hazen just like in past years

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on September 12, 2014, 11:30:35 pm
Tonight's 48-8 win over Rison was David Carpenter's 200th win as head coach at Junction City.   

Congratulations to a great coach and a upstanding man..............

cav2012

And your coach needs to shave the creeper stache  ;D

Dragon I

THA TRUTH

I wouldn't recognize him without that mustache

cuz

Quote from: the game on September 12, 2014, 09:05:51 pm
Quote from: amehr36 on September 12, 2014, 08:59:52 pm
My bad ... I was thinking it got started in the 1st half ... Impressive win ...
Mercy rule can't be invoked till the second half. It took JC 1:45 to score from the opening kick off in the 3rd quarter. The starters were pulled at that point.............

THA TRUTH

Unless the other team agrees to start it such as teams like hermitage and Hampton

BUCK FEVER

Halftime JC 41 RISON 8

that speaks well for the Bucks.

Halftime JC 12 SMACKOVER 12

Proud Buckaroo

Is this Rison team THAT bad? Honestly. Not trying to start anything. I just want to know. Rison ALWAYS has a tradition rich program. I think Clay Totty is just going to have to get away from the Power Run. Especially against teams who can crowd the line of scrimmage like Junction.

THA TRUTH

September 13, 2014, 12:41:12 pm #95 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:53:07 pm by THA TRUTH
Technically every team can crowd the line rison was out manned big time fordyce should be an easy W for bucks

Dragon I

I asked the same question.  I thought Fordyce was supposed to be solid.  Nothing great but solid, so when Rison beat them, I thought it would be a good game at JC.  It was anything but that. 

THA TRUTH

And the thing is this jc team is still rusty and isn't playing just real good so far this season

THA TRUTH

I likes the way Cj johnson ran last night against the rison starters

cav2012

Jc is rusty haha. Why the need to make excuses when your winning

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas