• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 2A Football

Started by bigworm, April 28, 2014, 09:14:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

big E

I had a talk with farmer last week I think and he said would take a week or two to get everybody there vacations and such.

Qdog

OK, I work with a guy from down there and he was driving by during practice and he told me it looked like maybe 12-14 kids was all that he saw out there. He was kinda worried but knew some kids would hold out until school started.

Cheek

Quote from: Qdog on August 07, 2014, 01:53:43 pm
OK, I work with a guy from down there and he was driving by during practice and he told me it looked like maybe 12-14 kids was all that he saw out there. He was kinda worried but knew some kids would hold out until school started.

Running about 16-20.    We will have 26-30  when season starts.

BigLion10

Can't be worse than last year had a meeting right before school started to decide to play or not cause they only had 12 kids

bigworm

Between sickness, injuries, single parent homes that require the kid go somewhere else a long way off for summer, vacations,  and kids who have to work its tuff to have all of them there at one time until school starts. 19 today. Im thinkn like cheek, almost 30 at first practice when school starts.

Qdog

Quitman has about 22-23 players. Might get 1 or 2 more? Only 3 seniors left on the team so this is a young group.

bigworm

Exactly 30. Kids are lookin pretty good to me. But until you see someone that aint you its hard to tell. How is the rest of the 5 lookin?

Qdog

Good numbers worm, our coach wont allow kids to play if they don't make the summer work outs and camps. I think they can miss a couple but they pretty much have to be engaged during the summer to play in the fall. I guess our numbers suffer a little but I get it.

Cheek

Quote from: Qdog on August 20, 2014, 12:26:13 pm
Good numbers worm, our coach wont allow kids to play if they don't make the summer work outs and camps. I think they can miss a couple but they pretty much have to be engaged during the summer to play in the fall. I guess our numbers suffer a little but I get it.

It is a good rule, but it does cost you some kids.  It varies from class to class, but we had alot of players this year working full-time jobs during the summer.  We had one starter who was working two jobs since school was out. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on August 20, 2014, 01:18:05 pm
Quote from: Qdog on August 20, 2014, 12:26:13 pm

It is a good rule, but it does cost you some kids.  It varies from class to class, but we had alot of players this year working full-time jobs during the summer.  We had one starter who was working two jobs since school was out. 

That should be an exception to the rule. Some kids have to work in the summer to help the family out, by school clothes, have spending money etc. etc. Now if the kid is just sitting on the couch, sleeping till noon and eating Twinkies fat catting, I understand that rule.

big E

I agree especially in this half of the state if kids need things they have to work.Most of ours worked on farms if youve never pulled a full grown pigweed a couple hundred of them a day is guite the workout.

bigworm

are yall gonna play football friday night?

lionfan59

Quote from: big E on August 21, 2014, 05:41:04 am
I agree especially in this half of the state if kids need things they have to work.Most of ours worked on farms if youve never pulled a full grown pigweed a couple hundred of them a day is guite the workout.

Well Said Sir Well Said!!!!!!!!!

bigworm

You 5 2A smack talkers are gonna have to pick it up.

lionfan59

They are still confused, they are only used to seeing us in basketball!!!!!!!!

HorseFeathers

Not a lot of posters on here from the 5-2A.  True_fan's kid graduated a couple years ago, Bigelow hasn't had much to talk about it a couple of years...Don't recall any Conway Christian posters...and Mt Ida left the conference...You guys will have to smack talk for both sides :D

Bluffer

September 08, 2014, 04:20:23 pm #66 Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:22:33 pm by Bluffer
I'm still around. Just reading these days. Bigelow is competitive again this year! Its going to be fun!

I was watching the England vs Carlisle score online. It was an eye opener :o :o

Ventman

England is real, the 5 better get ready!

BrianfromCarlisle

Really real Vent!  Harris can fly!

Ventman

BrianfromCarlisle

I think he had both feet in the air on the 91 yarder. Lol  It seemed luke it only took 8 seconds for him to score. That was ridiculous!!

True Fan

The 5 is ruled by old fashioned disciplined football. Magnet Cove stays at the top because the kids buy in and understand team football. The "speed" from the north rarely cause a problem. It would take a dominant loaded team of athletes like you might find down south to trip up the Panthers. (As in 2A-8 in recent playoff history)

The Magnet Cove Panthers own the 2A-5 and have since they returned from holding their own in the 3A-5 because of one fluke class. Sure Bigelow won it the first year on some home cooking. Everyone else has come and gone. Every year, somebody is going to take down the Panthers. Every year they fail.

MC will win the conference again. The rest of y'all are playing for second place.

How's that? ;D

bigworm

Quote from: True Fan on September 08, 2014, 10:28:00 pm
The 5 is ruled by old fashioned disciplined football. Magnet Cove stays at the top because the kids buy in and understand team football. The "speed" from the north rarely cause a problem. It would take a dominant loaded team of athletes like you might find down south to trip up the Panthers. (As in 2A-8 in recent playoff history)

The Magnet Cove Panthers own the 2A-5 and have since they returned from holding their own in the 3A-5 because of one fluke class. Sure Bigelow won it the first year on some home cooking. Everyone else has come and gone. Every year, somebody is going to take down the Panthers. Every year they fail.

MC will win the conference again. The rest of y'all are playing for second place.

How's that? ;D

now thats much better. I was beginning to think that yall didnt like us.

Bluffer

September 08, 2014, 10:43:52 pm #73 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:02:41 am by Bluffer
Well hello true!
It's been a while. I see you can still sling it! These flat landers trying to rial things up around here. I think the old Cove panther might have there hands full this year. When I say Bigelow is competitive I think they might just take the crown this year.

By the way that was no fluke!

Welcome back!

keohog

Quote from: True Fan on September 08, 2014, 10:28:00 pm

How's that? ;D
I knew we could count on True to come through. Y'all won all the time in track until England came into the conference ;)

lionfan59

Wow them boys out in the woods do know how to turn on a computer... Im so proud of yall.  Now you said something interesting and that was about the speed up north.  Well guess what we have a team full of speed.  I think our middle linebacker would be a running back at most schools.  You will soon come to learn the speed of England.  Watch out boys and girls England Lions are going to show out!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lions84

Purple Lions ought to rule the Roost.

cdelaney

Quote from: Lions84 on September 09, 2014, 08:27:11 am
Purple Lions ought to rule the Roost.
Don't know much about Magnet Cove this year, but England (in scrimmage) has a lot more than Conway Christian, should have no trouble with them and I suspect same is true for the rest of this conference.

gatecrasher

I think England putting the smackdown on Carlisle the other night was a statement.

Magnet Cove lost a LOT from last year's conf title team.

CMS (my team of interest in the conf; my kids go there lol) looked pretty good last Friday. We'll see if they make the postseason for the first time in school history.

If Mt Ida was still in this league they would be the favorite.

I do know this with pretty much absolute certainty though: Junction City's opponent in the 2A title game WON'T be from this league.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 09, 2014, 09:59:47 pm
I think England putting the smackdown on Carlisle the other night was a statement.

CMS (my team of interest in the conf; my kids go there lol) looked pretty good last Friday. We'll see if they make the postseason for the first time in school history.

I do know this with pretty much absolute certainty though: Junction City's opponent in the 2A title game WON'T be from this league.

Uh...Gate they made the playoffs last year

Everything else looks spot on though...

True Fan

According to the team page, CMS is 0-3 in the playoffs. Maybe he meant their first playoff win. ;)

MC has lost a lot from EVERY years title team. Yet, they find a way.

Mt Ida was the favorite when the joined the conference, how'd that work out for them?

Speed is great. But without discipline it only gets you to the wrong spot sooner. Forgive me if I wait until after the purple cats actually face a conference opponent or two before handing them the title. A couple of years ago Augusta was supposed to be the fastest team around and were totally dominated by MC twice in the same season. 

We'll see.

bigworm

You have a point. I guess we will see in 2 weeks.

Qdog

Wow I need to roll my pants legs up, getting deep in here!

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on September 09, 2014, 11:57:27 pm
According to the team page, CMS is 0-3 in the playoffs. Maybe he meant their first playoff win. ;)

MC has lost a lot from EVERY years title team. Yet, they find a way.

Mt Ida was the favorite when the joined the conference, how'd that work out for them?

Speed is great. But without discipline it only gets you to the wrong spot sooner. Forgive me if I wait until after the purple cats actually face a conference opponent or two before handing them the title. A couple of years ago Augusta was supposed to be the fastest team around and were totally dominated by MC twice in the same season. 

We'll see.

we shall see, we shall see... but glad you guys are out and about these days.....thought me and worm were going to be talking to ourselves allot  ;D

True Fan

I'm just passing through on this thread. ;) We do need some of the fresh Panther blood to step up on these boards. Heck, I won't even be at the game. Headed to Dallas that weekend for some Hog football.

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on September 10, 2014, 02:54:51 pm
I'm just passing through on this thread. ;) We do need some of the fresh Panther blood to step up on these boards. Heck, I won't even be at the game. Headed to Dallas that weekend for some Hog football.

Aint nothing like bringing folks together than them HOGGGGGGGGGSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatecrasher

September 14, 2014, 08:52:13 am #86 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:53:47 am by gatecrasher
Quote from: gatecrasher on September 09, 2014, 09:59:47 pm

CMS (my team of interest in the conf; my kids go there lol) looked pretty good last Friday. We'll see if they make the postseason in back to back years for the first time in school history.

HF, I fixed it. Left out part of the sentence.

cuz

Quote from: True Fan on September 10, 2014, 02:54:51 pm
Quit being lazy TF and start posting............ ;D

Bigditchlion

Purple lions look hungry, Is the 5 ready to take on the lions?
They have been gobbling up yards like a fat guy at hot dog eating contest.
Here we go boys and girls, conference time!!

dart

England MC and Biganslow will be the top runners we will have to see how they fall

lionfan59

This Friday Night will show the 5-2a That England is just not a basketball school.  Watch out boys and girls its almost game time!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Bluffer

September 22, 2014, 04:27:07 pm #91 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:29:52 pm by Bluffer
OH MY - You Lions sure are confident. There are some Panthers in your way the next couple of weeks. Things are about to get a whole lot tougher than you have seen so far. Your going to have to earn it!

BigLion10

September 22, 2014, 06:42:46 pm #92 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:46:31 pm by BigLion10
We're more than ready bluffer better bring all of perry county with you. But first we got some panthers to go hunt friday night

Bigditchlion

England lions have a lot of respect for the 5's tradition.  Magnet cove is a traditional good team that is well coached. Lions are simply ready to get onto conference play to see what we are capable of this year.

bigworm

Quote from: Bluffer on September 22, 2014, 04:27:07 pm
OH MY - You Lions sure are confident. There are some Panthers in your way the next couple of weeks. Things are about to get a whole lot tougher than you have seen so far. Your going to have to earn it!

im sure it will get tuffer. I think we will have to play clean mistake free football to beat MC. Nothing wrong with being confident. Why would you not want to be confident? There is a difference in cocky and confident.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 22, 2014, 06:42:46 pm
We're more than ready bluffer better bring all of perry county with you. But first we got some panthers to go hunt friday night

I'm not sure bringing the Western Half of Perry County with them would do them much good....Last I heard Perryville still hates Bigelow..

BigLion10

Well it'll take a joint effort and then some to beat us :D just messin guys

lionfan59

"Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work" Is something that these boys know about, they have seen what not working together gets you and they have seen what working together gets you.  I'm sure that the competition is going to get tougher for us, but that will go two ways.  Your competition just got tougher with the Lions coming into the 5-AA. 

True Fan

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 23, 2014, 11:28:13 am
"Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work" Is something that these boys know about, they have seen what not working together gets you and they have seen what working together gets you.  I'm sure that the competition is going to get tougher for us, but that will go two ways.  Your competition just got tougher with the Lions coming into the 5-AA. 

That remains to be seen.

BigLion10

The 5-2A is about to find out what real speed football is all about

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas