• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ Des Arc

Started by theshow, November 30, 2013, 01:01:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theshow

I can't believe nobody has started this yet. I am going with Bearden in this one!

the_kosher_pig

I just got back from the Pine Bluff/Greenwood game.  I don't have a pick for this game.  Unfortunately these are two teams I haven't seen yet. :)  Go Bears though.

theshow

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 30, 2013, 01:08:03 am
I just got back from the Pine Bluff/Greenwood game.  I don't have a pick for this game.  Unfortunately these are two teams I haven't seen yet. :)  Go Bears though.

I heard that was a great ball game! I can't believe Pine Bluff pulled it out. You know what they say, what goes up, must come down. And well Pine Bluff brought them down tonight

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I will have to go with des arc. We probably have the best defense bearden will have faced with maybe the exception of j.c. and maybe better than theirs. Our first team D hasnt been scored on in 3 games. Now our offense is starting to roll.

Bearden_Bear72

Bearden will bring back a W.  Bearden has not been scored on yet in playoffs, so our defense is standing strong.  I have nothing but respect for Des Arc football, but I dont think your offense will be able to keep up. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 30, 2013, 08:03:11 am #5 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:08:56 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 30, 2013, 07:51:06 am
Bearden will bring back a W.  Bearden has not been scored on yet in playoffs, so our defense is standing strong.  I have nothing but respect for Des Arc football, but I dont think your offense will be able to keep up. 

Yea cause des arc's offense isnt scoring points. I mean we only put up 42 on the "roaddawgs" as yall were calling them. That tied the most points they gave up all year. And held them scoreless most of the game till our starters were resting on the sidelines, still only gave up 8, their third lowest output of the season. And im guessing you have forgotten already, that according to most of the 8's posters, strong steps it up a couple notches on the road in the playoffs.

But thats ok, a lot of you bearden guys talked smack in 08 and we know how that worked out for ya!  ;D

Bearden_Bear72

I wouldnt exactly call that trash talk.  And ok you put points on em, Bearden put 40 up on them.   Yall had more talent then them plan and simple, but now your facing the Bears, and my bet is you havent seen a team like us.  I know we are not the Hazen team you barely beat.  If thats how ya play better get ready

green-eagle

These semis are the same as 2008... Bearden and JC gave DA no respect then and they still dont today... Imagine that!

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 30, 2013, 07:51:06 am

Did u not see that?

Bearden_Bear72

and I would say bearden's D is right there.  Lowest EPC scored all year was 20 and Bears held them to a goose egg.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 30, 2013, 08:09:58 am
I wouldnt exactly call that trash talk.  And ok you put points on em, Bearden put 40 up on them.   Yall had more talent then them plan and simple, but now your facing the Bears, and my bet is you havent seen a team like us.  I know we are not the Hazen team you barely beat.  If thats how ya play better get ready

Bb72 hazen did not score on us, we only needed 2 points to win that game, not to mention thats a rivalry game on the heels of a huge game with carlisle. I hope bearden bases des arc's team on the hazen game. If so, we will be in WMS the next saturday at noon playing and you will be watching.

You are right you are not hazen, but im betting you are not carlisle either who would probably beat yall.

Let me use ole devils way of breaking this down for you, we beat the team, that beat the team, that beat the team that beat yall. Lol

But seriously, if you think yall are going to come to d.a. and us just lay down because yall are "the bears", you my friend will be extremely sad next friday night about 9:30.

Bearden_Bear72

Oh I Pray you dont lay down, we much rather clip your wins, or shoot ya down.  And maybe they would but Bisons are a little occupied with JC this week.  And it looks like against a good D Des Arc has a some trouble scoring.  Tell me a lil bit more about your offense I might not know?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 30, 2013, 08:34:25 am #12 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:37:37 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
We dont have much offense, just a few run plays we execute fairly well. You know a team doesnt have to score many points if you dont allow any.

I thought before the strong game, yall said they had a good defense, now that we destroyed that theory, we struggle against good defenses.

Bearden_Bear72

Very True, Defense wins Championships.  I think our O against your D is a slug fest.  But when it comes to your O against our D thats where I think Eagles fall short.  I do think i picked the wrong game to watch the Eagles in because in the in Hazen wasnt what I thought them to be getting beat up by EPC and all.  But im sticking behind my point

MomaLion

Bearden would be fools to underestimate Des Arc...I'm going with DA for the win.

Bearden_Bear72

Looks like im the only one on here, and im not underestimating anyone.  Imma Eagles fan just not when it comes to playing Bearden.

bdubyab60

Stop #4 you stop Bearden. Then you have to figure some way to score points. Both teams with solid defense not sure who to pick in this one.

footballfanz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 08:34:25 am
We dont have much offense, just a few run plays we execute fairly well. You know a team doesnt have to score many points if you dont allow any.

I thought before the strong game, yall said they had a good defense, now that we destroyed that theory, we struggle against good defenses.
Pick I have seen the Bears I seen have seen DA u going to the rock.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: footballfanz on November 30, 2013, 10:08:25 am

[/quote

Ha,ha,ha,lol rotfl. All I heard last week was how EPC was going to send Bearden to the basketball  ::)court. keep on talking kat nip!
Now here you go!

Bearden_Bear72

Im for Bearden, It will be a great game and im not going to Talk 2 much cause two great teams are hitting the field Friday.  And Ill actually get to be at this one.  Good Health during week for both teams, no injuries!!  Go Bears!!! 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 30, 2013, 10:30:05 am
Im for Bearden, It will be a great game and im not going to Talk 2 much cause two great teams are hitting the field Friday.  And Ill actually get to be at this one.  Good Health during week for both teams, no injuries!!  Go Bears!!! 

Im not going to say we will win either or talk any smack. Both teams deserve to be where they are or they would not be there. I expect nothing but a battle from bearden and i know d.a. will battle as well.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 10:39:17 am
Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 30, 2013, 10:30:05 am

+1 whoever Win Deserves to be at Rock
Im not going to say we will win either or talk any smack. Both teams deserve to be where they are or they would not be there. I expect nothing but a battle from bearden and i know d.a. will battle as well.

footballfanz

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on November 30, 2013, 10:25:00 am
Quote from: footballfanz on November 30, 2013, 10:08:25 am

[/quote

Ha,ha,ha,lol rotfl. All I heard last week was how EPC was going to send Bearden to the basketball  ::)court. keep on talking kat nip!
Now here you go!
I have not had the chance to c EPC this year to c how good they r but I saw in person the Rison and Bearden game I saw what DesArc did to Carlisle and I saw what Carlisle did to Rison and my opinion is DesArc takes this game. Two good team but DAs d is the best I have seen in 2a this year....

amehr36

I bet Gurdon fans are salivating... the winner of this game truly will get to be the runner up!

CMhawgtracks

Last night DA showed no passing attack (they didn't need to). DA can win this game, but I suspect their pass defense is their weakness. They have one lock down corner in #15, he can't cover 4 wideouts. Bearden can pass downfield and not rely on the swing pass, like we did, so DA want be able to stack the box, spread 'em out, pass selectively and effectively, Bearden moves on

Pick, it's possible, but I don't think you should plan a trip to the Rock, I've seen both teams play.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 05:03:30 am
I will have to go with des arc. We probably have the best defense bearden will have faced with maybe the exception of j.c. and maybe better than theirs. Our first team D hasnt been scored on in 3 games. Now our offense is starting to roll.
I not real sure about the best defense Bearden's faced. Tallying up the points with very few common opponents.........
Des Arc 12 games 129 pts allowed
Bearden 12 games 121 pts allowed
J C        11 games 95 pts allowed
I really don't see any advantage defensively for DA............

mtindian42

Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 02:07:51 pm
I will have to go with Des arc. We probably have the best defense bearden will have faced with maybe the exception of j.c. and maybe better than theirs. Our first team D hasnt been scored on in 3 games. Now our offense is starting to roll.
I not real sure about the best defense Bearden's faced. Tallying up the points with very few common opponents.........
Quoteyou feld to mention 33 0f those was to barton. and 12 of those was to ha. so that would mean to the 2a DA has only given up a whoping 84 points. ;D

dragonator

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 02:27:27 pm
I will have to go with Des arc. We probably have the best defense bearden will have faced with maybe the exception of j.c. and maybe better than theirs. Our first team D hasnt been scored on in 3 games. Now our offense is starting to roll.
Quoteyou feld to mention 33 0f those was to barton. and 12 of those was to ha. so that would mean to the 2a DA has only given up a whoping 84 points. ;D

All right then, two can play that game. Against 2A schools, JC has only given up a whopping 75 points.  :o
By the way, that 3A team that JC played is in the semi-finals in 3A unlike Barton and HA. ;)

mtindian42

Quote from: dragonator on November 30, 2013, 02:34:12 pm

All right then, two can play that game. Against 2A schools, JC has only given up a whopping 75 points.  :o
By the way, that 3A team that JC played is in the semi-finals in 3A unlike Barton and HA. ;)
Quotewow jc has given up 9 points less... now that is simply amazing ??? had DA kept their starters in last night. it would have been 1 point  ;D.

cuz

November 30, 2013, 02:51:46 pm #29 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:55:07 pm by cuz
Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 02:42:56 pm

Quotewow jc has given up 9 points less... now that is simply amazin ??? had DA kept their starters in last night. it would have been 1 point  ;D.
Bearden's last three games their opponents have been scoreless and that's against the first and second team defense. Oh and Bearden had 4 shut outs for the year... Yeah and I hafta agree JC is simply amazing.......... ;D

mtindian42

Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 02:51:46 pm

Quotewow jc has given up 9 points less... now that is simply amazing ??? had DA kept their starters in last night. it would have been 1 point  ;D.
Bearden's last three games their opponents have been scoreless and that's against the first and second team defense. Oh and Bearden had 4 shut outs for the year... Yeah and I hafta agree JC is simply amazing.......... ;D
Quotejust like strong. and I called it (BTW). bearden will only see the end zone. in pre game warmups... ;D

cuz

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 02:57:15 pm

Quotejust like strong. and I called it (BTW). bearden will only see the end zone. in pre game warmups... ;D
I wouldn't bet on it bud............. :o

mtindian42

Quote from: cuz on November 30, 2013, 03:03:10 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 02:57:15 pm

I wouldn't bet on it bud............. :o
Quoteand another thing. maybe you will know but I sure don't. how many of those points was against the starters? that were given up?

amehr36

Anyone dumb enough to think Bearden wont score on DA needs to be banned.... 

CMhawgtracks

Who was the kid from Des Arc they  carried out, at half, with a leg injury and how seriously was he injured, looked to be in a lot of pain.

mtindian42

Quote from: amehr36 on November 30, 2013, 03:18:18 pm
Quotewant happen!!! DA  is on a mission ;D and that is not let any 2a team score on there 1st team defence...

amehr36

I keep going back and forth on who I think will win, but I think I'm gonna start leaning Bearden...  They are so evenly matched that overconfident fans on football boards are the deciding factor.  Bearden 22 DA 20

mtindian42

Quote from: amehr36 on November 30, 2013, 03:28:46 pm
I keep going back and forth on who I think will win, but I think I'm gonna start leaning Bearden...  They are so evenly matched that overconfident fans on football boards are the deciding factor.  Bearden 22 DA 20
Quote22 NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE. I don't care who you are. seeing they only give 12 to  HA  and bearden is NO HA...

amehr36

I will be glad when you are wrong Saturday.  Enjoy your next few days of overzealous comments that are completely wrong. 

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 03:23:08 pm
Quote from: amehr36 on November 30, 2013, 03:18:18 pm
Quotewant happen!!! DA  is on a mission ;D and that is not let any 2a team score on there 1st team defence...

Oh Toto, were not in Kansas anymore!  :o

mtindian42

Quote from: amehr36 on November 30, 2013, 03:32:54 pm
I will be glad when you are wrong Saturday.  Enjoy your next few days of overzealous comments that are completely wrong.
QuoteRIGHT BACK AT YA BUD  :D

mtindian42

November 30, 2013, 04:22:23 pm #41 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:23:58 pm by mtindian42
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 03:21:30 pm
Who was the kid from Des Arc they  carried out, at half, with a leg injury and how seriously was he injured, looked to be in a lot of pain.
Quoteim not sure man. maybe pick will know. what about the 2 young men that were helped off the field for y'all. how are they today?

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 04:22:23 pm
Quoteim not sure man. maybe pick will know. what about the 2 young men that were helped off the field for y'all. how are they today?
Just dings I think, we've been kinda banged up since our game with Rison

mtindian42

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 04:31:18 pm
Quotegood to hear man. yawls number 1 should have got the ball more. that kid was something man.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 30, 2013, 04:36:27 pm #44 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:04:27 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Compare des arc and beardens common opponents, woodlawn and strong. Both played woodlawn early. Des Arc held them to a few less points. Strong, des arc played them in the playoffs, where according to ALL you posters from the 8, is when strong turns it on, bearden, played them last game of regular season, again, des arc did a little better than bearden. Whats this mean, not crap. Bearden will be ready to get hit friday, as will des arc.

As for des arcs offense, why change if you cant stop it. Can we be more diverse yes, we proved it in a game this season when needed, and that team could not stop it.

You guys from the 8 just jump on the surviving teams from the 8's bandwagon when your team gets put out. I heard all this in 08, so you are not bothering me.

As for injured players, im at work and have not heard. But i only heard there was one, so if there was 2, its news to me.

mtindian42

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2013, 04:36:27 pm
Compare des arc and beardens common opponents, woodlawn and strong. Both played woodlawn early. Des Arc held them to a few less points. Strong, des arc played them in the playoffs, where according to ALL you posters from the 8, is when strong turns it in, bearden played them last game of regular season, again, des arc did a little better than bearden. Whats this mean, not crap. Bearden will be ready to get hit friday, as will des arc.

As for des arcs offense, why change if you cant stop it. Can we be more diverse yes, we proved it in a game this season when needed, and that team could not stop it.

You guys from the 8 just jump on the surviving teams from the 8's bandwagon when your team gets put out. I heard all this in 08, so you are not bothering me.

As for injured players, im at work and have not heard. But i only heard there was one, so if there was 2, its news to me.
Quotewell said...

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 04:35:26 pm
Quotegood to hear man. yawls number 1 should have got the ball more. that kid was something man.
10/4 on the #1, we did a lot of things wrong last night, course that wasn't all our fault.

cuz

Compare des arc and beardens common opponents, woodlawn and strong. Both played woodlawn early. Des Arc held them to a few less points. Strong, des arc played them in the playoffs, where according to ALL you posters from the 8, is when strong turns it in, bearden played them last game of regular season, again, des arc did a little better than bearden. Whats this mean, not crap. Bearden will be ready to get hit friday, as will des arc.

Hey pick I'm not on any bandwagon and I'm pretty sure my teams still playing. If you want to go with 08 I'm with you, but tell how'd that end up for ya???

mtindian42

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 30, 2013, 04:52:10 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on November 30, 2013, 04:35:26 pm
10/4 on the #1, we did a lot of things wrong last night, course that wasn't all our fault.
Quoteyeah DA takes you out of what you want to run. because they cover everything so well. like the flea flicker for example. that's not a bad play call. its just DA is discipline. and wasn't faked. at all.

dragonator

Like you guys don't do the same thing. Win lose or draw, there's not to many # 4 seeds from any conference make it to the quarterfinals. There's nothing for Strong nor the 8 to be ashamed of there. It only further proves our dominance in 2A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas