• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoslord

Good news: I was right about Bournemouth being better than Newcastle

Bad news: Being better doesn't always mean you win

VHSCoach2

Barclays Premier League, Week 12

11/7/2015:

AFC Bournemouth 0-1 Newcastle United, FT
Leicester City 2-1 Watford, FT
Manchester United 2-0 West Bromwich Albion, FT
Norwich City 1-0 Swansea City, FT
Sunderland 0-1 Southampton, FT
West Ham United 1-1 Everton, FT
Stoke City 1-0 Chelsea, FT

11/8/2015:
Aston Villa 0-0 Manchester City, FT
Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur, FT
Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace, FT

VHSCoach2

AFC Bournemouth got off so a somewhat promising start this season, but they have only earned 1 out of a possible 18 points in their last six matches.

I have a feeling, if this trend continues, they will be one-and-done in the upper ranks.

chaoslord

Bournemouth need to bring a striker in in January. If they can find even, say, six or seven new goals the rest of the way they'll probably stay up.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Quite the shocking result this morning, as Aston Villa was able to hold Manchester City to a scoreless draw.

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

And Palace sneak away from Liverpool with all three. 

City and Arsenal tied with City leading on goal diff and Leicester only 1 pt back going to international break. 

What a story Jamie Vardy is.  As late as 2010 he was toiling at a Level 8 team called Stocksbridge Park Steels.  Now he is mentioned in the same breath as Ruud van Nistelrooy as the only 2 PL players to score in nine straight matches. And the only one to do it in a single season.

VHSCoach2

New York Red Bulls 1-0 DC United, FT

NYRB advance to the Eastern Conference Finals on the 2-0 aggregate.

VHSCoach2

Columbus Crew SC 3-1 Montreal Impact, FT (Extra Time)

The Crew advances to the Eastern Conference Finals on the 4-3 aggregate.

VHSCoach2

FC Dallas 2-1 Seattle Sounders FC, heading to kicks from the mark.

Tied 3-3 on the aggregate.

FC Dallas advances to the Western Conference Finals on the 3(4)-3(2) result after kicks from the mark.

VHSCoach2

Vancouver Whitecaps 0-2 Portland Timbers, FT

Portland advances to the Western Conference Finals on the 2-0 aggregate.

Lionheart88

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 08, 2015, 09:17:26 pm
FC Dallas 2-1 Seattle Sounders FC, heading to kicks from the mark.

Tied 3-3 on the aggregate.

FC Dallas advances to the Western Conference Finals on the 3(4)-3(2) result after kicks from the mark.
What a match!

VHSCoach2

Here's an abbreviated table for the Barclays Premier League through twelve weeks:

Team (Points)
1. Manchester City (26)
2. Arsenal (26)
3. Leicester City (25)

4. Manchester United (24)

5. Tottenham Hotspur (21)

6. West Ham United (21)
7. Southampton (20)
8. Crystal Palace (19)
9. Everton (17)
10. Liverpool (17)
11. Watford (16)
12. Stoke City (16)
13. West Bromwich Albion (14)
14. Swansea City (13)
15. Norwich City (12)
16. Chelsea (11)
17. Newcastle United (10)

18. AFC Bournemouth: 8
19. Sunderland (6)
20. Aston Villa (5)

Additional Notes:
-Manchester City and Arsenal have the most victories, with 8 each.
-Sunderland and Aston Villa have the least number of wins, with 1 each.

-Tottenham Hotspur has the most draws, with 6.
-Crystal Palace has the least number of draws, with only 1.

-Leicester City and Tottenham have the least number of losses, with 1 each.
-Aston Villa has the most losses, with 9.

-Manchester City owns the greatest goal differential, which stands at 17 (26 GF, 9 GA).
-AFC Bournemouth and Sunderland have the most negative goal differential, which stands at negative-13.

-The three new clubs this season (Watford, Norwich City, AFC Bournemouth) have a combined record of 9W-9D-18L and a goal differential of negative-21.

The next playing week kicks off on November 22nd.

AirWarren

WPWells

VHSCoach2

Lionheart88

No, as the season goes on their depth will tell.

So, can y'all believe St. Vincent & the Grenadines scored first on us in WC qualifying today?  I don't care that it's 3-1 US as we approach half time, that's disgraceful.

beach bum

I know we are not supposed to talk about "politics and society" but it is terrible to see what happened in France. The terrorists took over the pitch  :( ....... I hope this never happens during a U.S. sporting event. I am only bringing it up because this isn't something we will debate(more of a chance to rally even more as humanity against what is happening and express ourselves). What a terrible thing for those fans to see that in the France vs. Germany friendly.

AirWarren

beach bum

It's gone past way too far ..... those poor innocent people today. My main thing is I hope nothing ever comes to a U.S. sporting event like that.

beach bum

Hungary qualified for the 2016 Euro today. 21 out 24 are set with three playoffs left in the coming days. Bosnia vs. Ireland, Denmark vs. Sweden, and Slovenia vs. Ukraine..... Sweden and Denmark will be a good one and I will make sure to watch that one. I still can't believe the Netherlands will be absent even with an expanded field of 24 this coming summer.

WPWells

beach bum

beach bum

Ireland got it done today making England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland all in the same Euro. That is hard to believe. If only the Scottish could have gotten involved. I wanted BIH to win but it was nice to see the Irish fans get a win in Dublin 2-0 to win 3-1 on aggregate. Sweden and Denmark is 1:30 on ESPN2 tomorrow for anyone wanting to watch or click over from time to time.

beach bum

Ukraine and Sweden pick up draws on the road today and win by one goal each on aggregrate to finish up the field for the 2016 Euro..... The 24 teams will be the host France along with England, Czech Republic, Iceland, Austria, Northern Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, Wales, Romania, Albania, Germany, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Croatia, Turkey, Hungary, Ireland, Sweden, and Ukraine.

-It is quite incredible that teams like Iceland, Northern Ireland, and Albania will be there before the Netherlands. Iceland was in the same group as the Dutch and straight up outplayed them on their way to France next summer.

VHSCoach2

USMNT drew 0-0 with Trinidad and Tobago in a World Cup Qualifier tonight.

beach bum

WPWells

beach bum

We have to find some transitional players now too. Dempsey is getting old and Altidore used to be his wing man. Ever since Altidore became injury ridden he looks worthless. When he isn't putting goals in he literally becomes worthless out there. At least Dempsey will get other guys going too. I am still going to follow these guys til the bitter end but this is getting really awful to watch lately. I am hoping Bobby Wood really emerges in the next 2 or 3 years as a stud and Julian Green progresses as he should and stays with the U.S. since he has duel citizenship.

WPWells

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 17, 2015, 11:04:44 pm
Green is cap tied

Good.... If those two guys don't progress into what they can become it could get really bad. I don't know what I'd even do if we somehow didn't even qualify for 2018. That would be a nightmare.

WPWells

I agree...I think that CONCACAF is easy enough to qualify in, but I think we need to move past Klinnsman

Lionheart88

Klinsmann has to go, which means Gulati has to go.  Gulati wanted to hire Klinsmann as far back as 1998 according to some reports I've read.  I doubt he fires him until we're eliminated from World Cup qualifying.  Maybe not even then.

VHSCoach2

Barclays Premier League, Week 13:

11/21/15:

Watford 1-2 Manchester United, FT
Chelsea 1-0 Norwich City, FT
Everton 4-0 Aston Villa, FT
Newcastle United 0-3 Leicester City, FT
Southampton 0-1 Stoke City, FT
Swansea City 2-2 AFC Bournemouth, FT
West Bromwich Albion 2-1 Arsenal, FT
Manchester City 1-4 Liverpool, FT

11/22/15:

Tottenham Hotspur 4-1 West Ham United, FT

11/23/15:

Crystal Palace 0-1 Sunderland, FT

1-Adam-12

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on August 15, 2015, 11:43:05 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on August 15, 2015, 11:42:05 am
LC. WOW. Is this a prelude to a cup title? Doubtful but the LC fans are probably pumped.

I'm ready for the Chelsea/city match tmrw.

This LC thing could go on for a while too.  Their next 4:  Spurs, @ Bournemouth, Aston Villa, @ Stoke.  I'd say a pretty good chance to get at least 7 points from those if they continue to play well. 

Even after they play Arsenal in Week 7 the Foxes don't take on one of the really big clubs after that till Man Utd comes calling in Week 14.  They could pack away a lot of points.

Called it.  With Liverpool rolling City right now, the Foxes will likely be top of the league.  On November 21st.

You have to call them a contender now.  We'll know more when Man Utd come calling at the King Power next week.

VHSCoach2

I was impressed with Watford playing close with Man U today.  I was expecting something like a 3 or 4 goal game, but 2-1 has to be a confidence boost for Watford.

VHSCoach2

Columbus Crew SC 2-0 New York Red Bulls, FT

The Crew takes the 2-0 aggregate lead into leg 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals next Sunday.

Portland Timers 3-1 FC Dallas, FT

The Timbers take the 3-1 aggregate lead into leg 2 of the Western Conference Finals next Sunday.

1-Adam-12

Crazy ending at Bournemouth today.  Ross Barkley scores 5 minute into stoppage time to put Everton up 3-2.  Everton fans go on the pitch.

Delays the ending long enough for Junior Stanislas to score the equalizer for the Cherries.

Karma.

And the PL equivalent of the DiMaggio record now goes to Jamie Vardy all by himself.  Brilliant goal against United.  11 Matches In A Row.  Not bad for someone who was playing non-league football four years ago.

VHSCoach2

Barclays Premier League, Week 14:

11/28/15:

AFC Bournemouth 3-3 Everton, FT
Aston Villa 2-3 Watford, FT
Crystal Palace 5-1 Newcastle United, FT
Manchester City 3-1 Southampton, FT
Sunderland 2-0 Stoke City, FT
Leicester City 1-1 Manchester United, FT

11/29/15:

Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Chelsea, FT
West Ham United 1-1 West Bromwich Albion, FT
Liverpool 1-0 Swansea City, FT
Norwich City 1-1 Arsenal, FT

VHSCoach2

FC Dallas 2-2 Portland Timbers, FT

Portland advances to the MLS Cup on the 5-3 aggregate.

beach bum

Arsenal could have made for a three way tie in the EPL but their draw against Norwich City ruined that.... that missed an opportunity today.

VHSCoach2

New York Red Bulls 1-0 Columbus Crew SC, FT

However, Columbus advances to the MLS Cup on the 2-1 aggregate.

beach bum

VHSCoach2

Barclays Premier League, Week 15:

12/5/15:

Stoke City 2-0 Manchester City, FT
Arsenal 3-1 Sunderland, FT
Manchester United 0-0 West Ham United, FT
Southampton 1-1 Aston Villa, FT
Swansea City 0-3 Leicester City, FT
Watford 2-0 Norwich City, FT
West Bromwich Albion 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur, FT
Chelsea 0-1 AFC Bournemouth, FT

12/6/15:

Newcastle United 2-0 Liverpool, FT

12/7/15:

Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace, FT

VHSCoach2

Murray scored in the 82nd minute to lift AFC Bournemouth over Chelsea. Upset of the season thus far if you ask me.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Megan Rapinoe has torn her ACL in training; she will likely miss the Rio Olympics.

1-Adam-12

Not to mention that Leicester City are back to the top after Man City were dominated by Stoke.

To repeat: Man City were dominated by Stoke.

Has to be one of the biggest wins ever for AFCB even if Chelsea are having major problems right now.

chaoslord

Leicester host Chelsea next week, a win for the Foxes there would be huge in maintaining a title push. We've seen teams like Hull and West Brom manage to be in the top 3 or so around Christmas in the past but they always fall off. With all of Arsenal's injuries, Chelsea playing so terribly, and United/Tottenham/Liverpool/City going from interested to not interested on a whim, I think they might have a real shot. January signings will be key.

Shame that Vardy couldn't score and get to 12 games, but 11 in a row is a great accomplishment. England really need to work him in for the Euros in the summer. He may only be in this form once in his life so get him in and use him while he is still hot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas