• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big move for OBU?

Started by Lionheart88, January 10, 2014, 08:32:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart88

OPoraquê

Big move indeed, and right in the middle of the stadium rebuilding campaign.  Fascinating that OBU might land the USA Today 2010 OPOY.  Obviously, looks like KF might not go NFL, but I hope he can have the best and most (positively) memorable of senior seasons wherever he lands.

Valleysports

So this might add some fireworks to the Battle of the Ravine?  Ain't that what y'all call it?

Lionheart88

It was 60-52 in triple overtime this year, I'm not sure how much more fireworks you can add.  The oddest thing about this move is that OBU has a very capable (RS)JR QB in Benson Jordan, who's started most of the last two years and knows the team inside and out.  However good Frazier is, his best bet would probably be to use his redshirt while Jordan plays his last year eligible, then take the reins in 2015, but with him dropping down two levels specifically to play QB, it doesn't seem like he'd want to wait a year before he got his turn.

Valleysports

Well if he's not needed at OBU, maybe he should look somewhere else.  I know he wouldn't want to drop to the UofA level.  He's probably transferring because he's not getting playing time, I too doubt he'd be interested in red shirting. 

OPoraquê

January 13, 2014, 09:31:59 pm #5 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:57:40 pm by OPoraquê
It is official now.

I'm in agreement about Jordan (an OBU guy through and through who would probably LOVE KF at QB if he led OBU to an incredible season), but I wonder if next BOTR it could be this young man(not Clowney, obviously  ;)  ) vs. this young man.  Hope they both stay injury free this season if so (remembering how OBU lost their OPOY pretty much in the first series of the first game in 2012.

I'd venture to guess that no Division II football city has ever in history had so much talent at QB on paper (or at least "in awards", high school + college) as will Arkadelphia in 2014.  Amazing.

Valleysports

Are you from Arkadelphia?  I doubt anyone has ever concerned with that stat.  ;D

OPoraquê

Nah. Just amazed at how these things work out.

Lions84

He should be able to put the Tigers upon top!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas