• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ouachita Baptist football

Started by OPoraquê, September 28, 2013, 08:51:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

May have been because it was their first home game.

May have been a LOT due to the rain (but it rained on OBU as much as SEOSU), but:

Ouachita Baptist 44, Southeastern Oklahoma State 7

Lionheart88

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't that the same team those folks across the highway had to come back in the fourth quarter to beat by single digits?  Just asking.

OPoraquê

Indeed it is.

Now, again, Southeastern turned the ball over something like 6 times tonight at least.  The weather was bad on them, but again, OBU had to play in it, too.  My guess is that they played their hearts out against HSU and just weren't ready for tonight.  Don't know.  And OBU seemed to play it a bit too close last week against East Central.

But...the Tigers keep methodically moving along.  Hope they can keep winning.  They do seem a bit deeper this year offensively than last.  Losing their Conference OPOY as they did in the first game (almost the first series,  I believe) then having a succession of banged up QBs didn't help although they didn't finish with a losing record.  We'll see if they can keep healthy this year.

Busman

Here's hope for another big Battle of The Ravine!

OPoraquê

Quote from: Busman on September 30, 2013, 12:07:58 pm
Here's hope for another big Battle of The Ravine!

I hope...OBU is said to be a bit healthier this year than at midseason last year when they collapsed after six games.  In their homecoming win OBU played without several players but those are said to have minor injuries, being rested to be ready for Harding this week, when we'll see how good the Tigers are, or aren't.  In each of the past three weeks OBU has had at least one conference player of the week, two this week.  Seems they've got some very good freshman skill players right now.  Wisely, they're not ranked yet.

Hope it's a good game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas