• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAC Baseball 2013

Started by Valleysports, January 03, 2013, 06:39:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

Busman

My daughter and son-in-law graduated from there in 2003 and this fall, along with grandson, drove through the campus with him for the first time since then.  He was quite impressed with things.

x14113

Those baseball bleachers look way more impressive than the portables the preceded them.

That should add to TECH's already-impressive attendance for baseball season.

Hootie

UAM's baseball field is also being updated. Lord knows it needed it for sure!

Big Fan

Quote from: Hootie on January 08, 2013, 08:31:01 pm
UAM's baseball field is also being updated. Lord knows it needed it for sure!
Way over due and should put us middle of the pack in terms of GAC baseball facilities.  We could use your help Hootie. 
http://www.uamsports.com/sports/2011/1/26/GEN_0126115735.aspx?id=21

3cats

Harding has just built an indoor practice facility which is very nice.

Busman

Will the gym wall still be the right field fence at UAM?  Will the football players get to sit in the screened in porch area in centerfield and cuss the opposing outfielders? And, more inportantly, will the base umpire working in C position still be blinded by the sun from behind the backstop? Nothing like being 75 feet away from a 230 pound college designated hitter with a metal bat in his hand and not being able to see the ball come off of it!

Big Fan

Quote from: Busman on January 09, 2013, 03:02:15 pm
Will the gym wall still be the right field fence at UAM?
My understanding is that home plate is being moved back several feet, but I would imagine the green wall stays.

Quote from: Busman on January 09, 2013, 03:02:15 pmWill the football players get to sit in the screened in porch area in centerfield and cuss the opposing outfielders?
I would hope so.

Quote from: Busman on January 09, 2013, 03:02:15 pmAnd, more inportantly, will the base umpire working in C position still be blinded by the sun from behind the backstop? Nothing like being 75 feet away from a 230 pound college designated hitter with a metal bat in his hand and not being able to see the ball come off of it!
Sounds like you been there done that.

Busman

Valleysports

Valleysports

February 01, 2013, 11:57:46 am #10 Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:03:03 pm by Valleysports
Finally, got stadium finished!

BIG_K

will they be able to play there this week?

Valleysports

TECH if off to a good 7-0 Conference start.  I don't know much about their strength of schedule to this point.  Anyone have insight how baseball is looking.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas