• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Tournament Final Four

Started by J.D., March 02, 2018, 10:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

March 02, 2018, 10:00:11 pm Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:03:32 pm by J.D.
Girls

Mt.Vernon-Enola vs Kirby - 12:00 PM

Wonderview vs Norfork - 6:00 PM

Boys

Mt.Vernon-Enola vs ICC 1:30 PM

Guy-Perkins vs Western Grove 7:30 PM

Best of luck tomorrow everyone!

D6Bound

Quote from: J.D. on March 02, 2018, 10:00:11 pm
Girls

Mt.Vernon-Enola vs Kirby

Wonderview vs Norfork

Boys

Mt.Vernon-Enola vs ICC

Guy-Perkins vs Western Grove
if Kirby's Boys won there would be a Kirby and MVE matchup in boys and girls tomorrow. That would've been wild

BannerMountainMan

super fan

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: super fan on March 02, 2018, 10:35:04 pm
+1. Guy vs MVE
       Norfork vs Kirby.
Guy vs MVE, Wonderview vs MVE

D6Bound

You people really just don't want to see ICC win it do you?  :D

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: D6Bound on March 02, 2018, 10:38:13 pm
i just support my region and area

gobblerfire

Quote from: D6Bound on March 02, 2018, 10:03:07 pm
if Kirby's Boys won there would be a Kirby and MVE matchup in boys and girls tomorrow. That would've been wild
[/quote

If Kirby's boys would have won there wouldn't be empty hotel rooms in Conway.

D6Bound

I feel like the Norfork-WV game will be like the ICC-Kirby. Two teams that should've faced each other in the finals but instead will battle it out before and have a much easier game in the finals, or in ICC's case, the semis and finals

D6Bound

By easy I don't mean they'll coast through and win the next two games, I'm saying I would much rather place my bets winning against a 1A team that wasn't Kirby lol same goes for the winner of the Norfork-WV game.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: D6Bound on March 02, 2018, 10:44:16 pm
By easy I don't mean they'll coast through and win the next two games, I'm saying I would much rather place my bets winning against a 1A team that wasn't Kirby lol same goes for the winner of the Norfork-WV game.
guy is tougher than Kirby

1Lurker

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 02, 2018, 10:47:56 pm
guy is tougher than Kirby

No. Im not saying they arent capable of winning it, but dont make ridiculous comments.

D6Bound

thebigman3

Kirby didn't have much size and that came to be the case today. Cooper was grabbing rebounds left and right. And Carson Smith missed a CLUTCH free throw that probabaky would've put the game in OT. But he should not kill hinder over one play. The kid played amazing the whole tournament and is the leader of the team clearly. I was very impressed with him.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: gobblerfire on March 02, 2018, 10:40:34 pm
Quote from: D6Bound on March 02, 2018, 10:03:07 pm

If Kirby's boys would have won there wouldn't be empty hotel rooms in Conway.
Kirby's still in the state tournament.. I guess people keep forgetting that. Girls lost their best player, Gracen Smith and still came back and beat Mammoth

Hogs2018

Kirby girls def deserve to be there and are a good team. But it's a shame Norfork, WV, and Bay girls were all on the same side.

eamo8911

Quote from: D6Bound on March 02, 2018, 10:38:13 pm

Nope... Apparently not... Same thing is happening with Mountain View in the 3A girls. Everyone made excuses for Riverside when Mountain View beat them, and then Riverside lost in the first round.

Should be an interesting game for them tomorrow. They mercy ruled Melbourne a couple weeks ago. Have a feeling that won't happen again, but one can hope.

Guy barely got past armorel tonight. Tomorrow will be interesting. Mount Vernon got a day off. That could make a big difference

Mascot1

BannerMountainMan is spot on Guy tougher than Kirby right now!

yesteryearman

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 02, 2018, 11:00:11 pm
Kirby didn't have much size and that came to be the case today. Cooper was grabbing rebounds left and right. And Carson Smith missed a CLUTCH free throw that probabaky would've put the game in OT. But he should not kill hinder over one play. The kid played amazing the whole tournament and is the leader of the team clearly. I was very impressed with him.

Can someone who was there give a little more detailed "play by play" of last few minutes.....what happened after ICC led 45-41.....and do you feel that Kirby made a tactical error in holding the ball last 3 min of first half.  Was Kirby playing tight?

1Lurker

Quote from: Mascot1 on March 03, 2018, 07:34:39 am
BannerMountainMan is spot on Guy tougher than Kirby right now!

I watched Guy last night. You cant be serious.

thebigman3

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 03, 2018, 07:57:51 am
Can someone who was there give a little more detailed "play by play" of last few minutes.....what happened after ICC led 45-41.....and do you feel that Kirby made a tactical error in holding the ball last 3 min of first half.  Was Kirby playing tight?
Kirby was for sure playing hard. Both teams were. IMO Kirby was scoring well and then tried to hold the ball and that killed a bit of the momentum and the they tried to make it a 2 possession game and missed and as soon as the little dude from ICC hit that deep knock down falling backboards way up in the air 3 ICC took every ounce of momentum away from them. And Kirby started fouling. I wanna say it was Cooper? Missed the first free throw made the second. Kirby had a chance to tie it on a last second shot and missed.

BannerChaser95

Kirby out scored ICC 8-7 in the second quarter. Hard to say they did the wrong thing.

They ran a box and one on cooper. In the first half it work like it should, and icc's Man defense was pretty good, but Kirby was having to attack them to get anything. Faulkner had 3 fouls in the first half and cooper had 2.  But when Kirby attacked in the 3rd it was like the easy ones werent falling and the fouls weren't their. When icc threw the ball to the corner. The offside block was wide open... 21 probably had 8-10 points off of it. Which is obviously enough to make a difference. And in the second half. Coop got the boards he wanted, and he got a couple transition buckets which also proved to be important. But what was the dagger for icc... is Kirby adjusted to the offside block... and the little freshman was offside wing, and he had room to get off the shots he wanted. He was deadly and made Kirby pay outside.

Carson smith may have missed a freethrow after a full timeout, but he also had 30 of the 47 points... I think the game came down to the offside block in the second half. I'm not sure Faulkner even scored but he had 3-4 assists right to it, Kirby adjusted and that popped up the freshman offside wing.

D6Bound

March 03, 2018, 08:41:30 am #22 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:46:08 am by D6Bound
The scariest thing is...the core of ICC's team is freshmen and sophomores...we could be looking at a Nemo Vista girls type run for the next few years

1Lurker

This was a really great game. Easily could have went either way.

D6Bound

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 03, 2018, 08:39:28 am
Kirby out scored ICC 8-7 in the second quarter. Hard to say they did the wrong thing.

They ran a box and one on cooper. In the first half it work like it should, and icc's Man defense was pretty good, but Kirby was having to attack them to get anything. Faulkner had 3 fouls in the first half and cooper had 2.  But when Kirby attacked in the 3rd it was like the easy ones werent falling and the fouls weren't their. When icc threw the ball to the corner. The offside block was wide open... 21 probably had 8-10 points off of it. Which is obviously enough to make a difference. And in the second half. Coop got the boards he wanted, and he got a couple transition buckets which also proved to be important. But what was the dagger for icc... is Kirby adjusted to the offside block... and the little freshman was offside wing, and he had room to get off the shots he wanted. He was deadly and made Kirby pay outside.

Carson smith may have missed a freethrow after a full timeout, but he also had 30 of the 47 points... I think the game came down to the offside block in the second half. I'm not sure Faulkner even scored but he had 3-4 assists right to it, Kirby adjusted and that popped up the freshman offside wing.
A Freshman coming in and hitting big shot after big shot in a game like this is just crazy!

eamo8911

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 08:41:30 am
The scariest thing is...the core of ICC's team is freshmen and sophomores...we could be looking at a Nemo Vista girls type run for the next few years

And they won Junior High District last year and this year. Faulkner is a freshman, Everett led the junior high team and just moved up and played in both the Nevada and Kirby games, and Cooper is only a sophomore

bscinar

If Western Grove gets the same officiating crew they had last night, GP better watch out!

D6Bound

Quote from: bscinar on March 03, 2018, 09:05:20 am
If Western Grove gets the same officiating crew they had last night, GP better watch out!
::)

D6Bound

Quote from: eamo8911 on March 03, 2018, 08:56:31 am
And they won Junior High District last year and this year. Faulkner is a freshman, Everett led the junior high team and just moved up and played in both the Nevada and Kirby games, and Cooper is only a sophomore
if they do win it this year I don't see how they couldn't 3 peat or even 4 peat with their roster

HorseFeathers

Refs didn't turn the ball over 15+ times...just saying

hogheaven11

Quote from: eamo8911 on March 03, 2018, 08:56:31 am

Lol get your facts correct at least. Mammoth won jr high District last year

Central Ark

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 08:41:30 am

Maybe, but there's more parody in boy's basketball. That would be tough.

D6Bound

March 03, 2018, 10:31:33 am #32 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:33:34 am by D6Bound
Quote from: hogheaven11 on March 03, 2018, 09:28:17 am
Lol get your facts correct at least. Mammoth won jr high District last year
Mammoth won the county tournament or whatever it's called as well last year. That was also an ICC team without Cooper though. ICC's jr boys handled Mammoth pretty easily this year and that was with Faulkner moved up

D6Bound

Quote from: Central Ark on March 03, 2018, 10:02:26 am
Maybe, but there's more parody in boy's basketball. That would be tough.
I agree with this. It'll be a lot tougher for boys to repeat than girls.

hogheaven11

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 10:31:33 am
Mammoth won the county tournament or whatever it's called as well last year. That was also an ICC team without Cooper though. ICC's jr boys handled Mammoth pretty easily this year and that was with Faulkner moved up

Whatever it's called? We know what ICC (you) would have called it. Good luck today!

D6Bound

March 03, 2018, 11:06:50 am #35 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:08:45 am by D6Bound
Quote from: hogheaven11 on March 03, 2018, 10:53:16 am
Whatever it's called? We know what ICC (you) would have called it. Good luck today!
well it's called the County Tournament but it's not really a "county tournament"  :D and appreciate it, us and Norfork will represent!

hogheaven11

Quote from: D6Bound on March 03, 2018, 11:06:50 am
well it's called the County Tournament but it's not really a "county tournament"  :D and appreciate it, us and Norfork will represent!

County and District. I expect both to win today.

D6Bound

March 03, 2018, 11:12:14 am #37 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:14:12 am by D6Bound
Quote from: hogheaven11 on March 03, 2018, 11:09:35 am
County and District. I expect both to win today.
if Norfork doesn't win tonight then they'll never win a state championship

jeremiahjohnson

[/quote
Guess they couldnt bring the regional refs that ripped ICC, sometimes you you just have to play.

D6Bound

Quote from: jeremiahjohnson on March 03, 2018, 11:16:24 am
[/quote
Guess they couldnt bring the regional refs that ripped ICC, sometimes you you just have to play.
FACTS

riccoar

The Boys 4 seems like any of them could win it. Nothing against MVE and Kirby, but Norfork and Wonderview should not be facing each other in the semis.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: riccoar on March 03, 2018, 11:49:07 am
The Boys 4 seems like any of them could win it. Nothing against MVE and Kirby, but Norfork and Wonderview should not be facing each other in the semis.
and Kirby boys and ICC boys shouldn't have faced each other in the same quad. It's just part of it

BannerChaser95

14.9 to go in the 1st and Kirby girls in the double bonus..

Kirby 14

MVE 11

End of 1st

10 fouls for Mve... guess we will see what that bench looks like

BannerChaser95

3's for Mve, lay ups and free throws for Kirby

MVE 23

Kirby 21

5 to go in he half

BW2015

March 03, 2018, 12:24:04 pm #44 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:35:02 pm by BW2015
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 03, 2018, 12:16:10 pm
14.9 to go in the 1st and Kirby girls in the double bonus..

Kirby 14

MVE 11

End of 1st

10 fouls for Mve... guess we will see what that bench looks like

I'm not sure what they have on the bench.  He doesn't sub much!

BannerChaser95

HorseFeathers

Someone tell mve that hack a shaq isn't working....15-4 in foul count...but mve is hacking and being dumb

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Mve 40

Kirby 39

2:57 to go in 3rd

side notes from today's girls game. No one appreciates the refs lol

BannerChaser95

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas