• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dem Gaz certainly showing some bias

Started by Quite Frankly, April 28, 2010, 12:01:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quite Frankly

The DemGaz came out today with their Player of the Year, coach of the year, first/second/third teams and their soph team as well.

Excellent choice with Purifoy as POY  Good choice with the McClellan guy as COY.  Also a pretty good first team.

But beyond that, it's a crock of crap.  They completely ignore the western half of the state(except for Vint who's in the Central conference) on each list.

I completely yield that there are probably more quality players in Central area than in the West/NW.  But zero?

Seriously?

I guess coaches have to be PR rep's for their players.  You'd think their play would speak for itself.

QF

Baitshop

Aww, cut 'em some slack QF.........give them the Wally Hall all state team......the folks from the Central don't win a lot of stuff.....lets take a look....

Football......nope

Baseball......nope

Track..........nope

Volleyball....nope

Basketball...not much lately

Soccer.........(not that it matters, but) nope

...and all those country club sports that Bentonville plays.....nope

This "championship" wasn't won on a field.....it was decided by a bunch of short, chubby guys from Little Rock......does it really matter....??

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Baitshop on April 29, 2010, 12:02:15 am
it was decided by a bunch of short, chubby guys from Little Rock......does it really matter....??

Bait, you moved to LR??

Baitshop

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on April 29, 2010, 12:59:53 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on April 29, 2010, 12:02:15 am
it was decided by a bunch of short, chubby guys from Little Rock......does it really matter....??

Bait, you moved to LR??

Duh......I was refering to Wally Hall......... ::)

A$$HAT!!......

Power

You've just now caught the biasm towards to central and east in basketball? Look back at the last seven or eight years and you'll see just how bad it is. It's been almost a joke every year.

jakc

Here's a thought..  Maybe the kids in the west and south are more focused on football and therefore they recieve the recognition not because of bias but because of the work they put in.  On the other hand, maybe the kids in the central and east focus more on basketball and put in the time and effort and so they actually become better and they reap the benefits.  State championships must have been biased lately too.  Seeing as how most state champion football teams have come from the west and south, and most basketball championships (boys) have come from the central and east.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Power on April 29, 2010, 03:13:57 pm
You've just now caught the biasm towards to central and east in basketball? Look back at the last seven or eight years and you'll see just how bad it is. It's been almost a joke every year.
This incident is just extremely wrong.

Quote from: jakc on April 29, 2010, 07:32:00 pm
Here's a thought..  Maybe the kids in the west and south are more focused on football and therefore they recieve the recognition not because of bias but because of the work they put in.  On the other hand, maybe the kids in the central and east focus more on basketball and put in the time and effort and so they actually become better and they reap the benefits.  State championships must have been biased lately too.  Seeing as how most state champion football teams have come from the west and south, and most basketball championships (boys) have come from the central and east.

It has nothing to do with it.  By your argument, no Central players would make the football list.  Good try though. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas