• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"I am meth"--Poem

Started by rabs_fan4life, February 21, 2006, 12:50:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rabs_fan4life

I thought this was a wonderful poem I recieved in an email and it really says a lot about what drugs can do to not only you but all of those around you!  I just thought I would share with everyone, you never know when it could make a difference!

"I AM METH"
(This was written by a young Indian girl who was in jail for drug charges, and was addicted to meth. She wrote this while in jail. As you will soon read, she fully grasped the horrors of the drug, as she tells in this simple, yet profound poem. She was released from jail, but, true to her story, the drug owned her. They found her dead not long after, with the needle still in her arm.) Please keep praying for our Children, Teens, Young adults. Understand, this thing is worse than any of us realize...

My Name: "Is Meth"
I destroy homes, I tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start.
I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,
The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
If you need me, remember I'm easily found,

I live all around you - in schools and in town
I live with the rich; I live with the poor,
I live down the street, and maybe next door.
I'm made in a lab, but not like you think,
I can be made under the kitchen sink.

In your child's closet, and even in the woods,
If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.
I have many names, but there's one you know best,
I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.

My power is awesome; try me you'll see,
But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I might let you go,
But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.

When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,
You do what you have to -- just to get high.
The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms
Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms,your lungs your nose.

You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad,
When you see their tears, you should feel sad.
But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised,
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.

I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,
I turn people from God, and separate friends.
I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,
I'll be with you always -- right by your side.

You'll give up everything - your family, your home,
Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.
I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give,
When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.

If you try me be warned - this is no game,
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind,
I'll own you completely, your soul will be mine.

The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,
The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.
The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see,
I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.

But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,
That you are mine, and we shall not part.
You'll regret that you tried me, they always do,
But you came to me, not I to you.

You knew this would happen, many times you were told,
But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.
You could have said no, and just walked away,
If you could live that day over, now what would you say?

I'll be your master, you will be my slave,
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
Now that you have met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.

I can bring you more misery than words can tell,
Come take my hand, let me lead you to heck

pantherwatch05

A simple but truthful poem.  This drug is destroying a lot of families in rural areas.  The problem has become near epidemic.  I am not sure people realize the magnitude of meth's destruction.  In my profession,  I have seen it first hand and it is not a pretty sight.  The sad thing is some people know how bad a drug is and they still try it and become  addicts themselves. 

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: pantherwatch06 on February 21, 2006, 01:09:52 pm
A simple but truthful poem. This drug is destroying a lot of families in rural areas. The problem has become near epidemic. I am not sure people realize the magnitude of meth's destruction. In my profession, I have seen it first hand and it is not a pretty sight. The sad thing is some people know how bad a drug is and they still try it and become addicts themselves.
It is definately not a pretty sight!  I've seen first hand what it can do to you, your family, and all those around you because I've seen what is has done to my family after experiencing an aunt who's husband was on it heavily and put our family through pure heck trying to save her life and get her away from him.  It does nothing more than destroy your life and years later he is mostly out of our families life for the most part minus the times he gets to see his daughter, but he is now lying in a hospital bed dying and we have to explain to his 10 year old daughter why her daddy that she just realized she had about 2 years ago is not going to be here very much longer!  It is safe to say though after seeing what it did to him and what he did to our family I will not be one of the ones who tries it anyways.

Drama Mama ™

February 21, 2006, 01:56:10 pm #3 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 03:07:01 pm by Drama Mama
Rabs....I started to post  this topic awhile back, but I did not know if anyone would find it appropriate for the board.  I am so glad you posted this....this was the same peom that I was going to post also.

The meth epidemic is making a hard hitting sweep this area.   Faster than the Drug Task Force and local law enforcement can keep up with.  Our community has recently formed a Meth Prevention Group and teamed up with the SO and TDF.   This drug shows no prejudice as to who it takes.    It has affected my family on a personal level  (not in my own household I might add )   It  has torn us apart from top to bottom.  You always have the clueless mom/dad .... who hurts more than they help....... Then the rest of us administering a little  tough love.

The drug actually makes tunnels  in your brain and changes the whole chemical makeup.  The endorphines  are so chemically altered that you my have permenant damage.    I have watched a family member go from pillar to post.       So, thanks Rabs for the poem.....glad to know you have an interest in the issue.   Every word in that poem....I have witnessed. 

We all need to take a special interest in it.   Once it affects your life and you see the destructive path it takes  :'(  You'll want to stand up and get involved.   

I have a book called "Meth = Soccery"....written by a man from Joplin Mo.  It gives his testimonial on what course his life took and what it took for him to get out, the  faith he finally put back in  God is what saved him.........very interesting reading.        I just refer to it as the Devils Drug....cause it will steal your soul.

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

The sad part Mama is that it will get worse before it gets any better.  And speaking from the law enforcement angle, we are only catching a few of what is out there.  Sad, but true. 

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM on February 21, 2006, 02:52:36 pm
The sad part Mama is that it will get worse before it gets any better. And speaking from the law enforcement angle, we are only catching a few of what is out there. Sad, but true.

I understand completely....my brother- in- law is CID @ the Boone Co SO.....

Ya know ,  It's crazy when you read about a 76 year old man busted and convicted of possesion with intent to deliver !   

I have also noticed that a lot of men that are convicted of meth crimes are also now registered sex offenders

My method of rehabilitation.....

First 30 days.... rubber room....slide bread and water under the door....... this is the demon releasing period  ;D  The Detox Days

Next 30 days should be the 30 days of self- realization.... the oh crap what have I been doing 30 days...... I hate myself period.....poor me....poor me  :'(

The next 30 days .......intensive in house therepy with the family involved ......  I'll call that 30 days ,  the get the crap kicked outta you period  ;D  Cause by this time your family is so flippen mad at you.......someone is gonna
get ya  ;D

rabs_fan4life

February 21, 2006, 09:22:48 pm #6 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 09:24:52 pm by rabs_fan4life aka Mrs.Manningfan
Quote from: Drama Mama on February 21, 2006, 01:56:10 pm
Rabs....I started to post this topic awhile back, but I did not know if anyone would find it appropriate for the board. I am so glad you posted this....this was the same peom that I was going to post also.

The drug actually makes tunnels in your brain and changes the whole chemical makeup. The endorphines are so chemically altered that you my have permenant damage. I have watched a family member go from pillar to post. So, thanks Rabs for the poem.....glad to know you have an interest in the issue. Every word in that poem....I have witnessed.

I am right there with you Mama!  I've witnessed every word of it too from what it does to the persons health, to what it does to their personality, to how it effects the family a everything.  My aunt was never suppose to be able to have children and it was a miracle that she ever became pregnant, and in the midst of her trying to think she could "change him" like they all think they can do in the beginning, she got pregnant.  Her husband became horribly violent and abusive to her and we feared for her health as well as the unborn baby so she divorced him only it didn't do any good for he kept showing up at her house trying to break in and threatening to kill her, and so she moved  in with my grandparents for a while.  He began showing up there looking for her and threatening to hurt/kill our entire family if we didn't let him see her; so we had to start rotating her from our house, my other uncles, to my grandparents and so on...and eventually it got so bad that he would show up at our houses saying the exact same things.  I will never forget how scared I was 10 years ago when him and my dad "stepped outside to talk" and watching through the window I saw him pull a gun on my dad and say he would come in the house and find her himself and if she was in there that me and my mom and brother better watch out if we were helping hide her.  I was just a child and I was scared to death.  We evenutally sent her to Florida until she had the baby and by the time she had her daughter and came back to AR, he had been arrested because him and all his friends got busted making the meth!  And he spent the next many years in jail and after he got out he still wasn't allowed to come around for several more years.  About 2 years ago he was finally introduced to his daugther and she was thrilled that she knew she actually had a daddy, now we have to help explain to her why her daddy won't be with us much longer because he is in a hospital bed dying.

It's sad sad stuff and I have seen more of it than I ever wanted to and so when someone sent me this email today it made me think back to that time and I just felt that everyone should have the chance to read it!!  I too am glad to see others getting interested in the issue too!

bulldogs1159

Phil understands the struggle. Almost impossible to win. Just do what we can to get as much as we can off the street.

rabs_fan4life

February 21, 2006, 11:48:06 pm #8 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 11:49:58 pm by rabs_fan4life aka Mrs.Manningfan
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on February 21, 2006, 11:30:10 pm
Phil understands the struggle. Almost impossible to win. Just do what we can to get as much as we can off the street.
Thats all anyone can do..it just doesn't seem like enough at times though!  But in spreading the word to upcoming youth and making people aware of the dangers it holds is very important.  Being kind of an assistant youth-leader in training at my church I intend to read it to all my friends and youth and help make them more aware of it and do as much as I can to get them involved in helping people see what this stuff really does to you.

bulldogs1159

You will come to learn you can talk untill your blue in the face and the ones that are going to do it will do it no matter what.

rabs_fan4life

February 21, 2006, 11:59:45 pm #10 Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 12:02:34 am by rabs_fan4life aka Mrs.Manningfan
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on February 21, 2006, 11:56:35 pm
You will come to learn you can talk untill your blue in the face and the ones that are going to do it will do it no matter what.
True...but it doesn't mean I should stop trying!  I have issues with giving up on things...some times thats one of my strengths and some times it's one of my weaknesses!  I know it's hard to get those to leave it that are already on it...but I am also trying to get involved in preventing more from doing it!

bulldogs1159

Quote from: rabs_fan4life aka Mrs.Manningfan on February 21, 2006, 11:59:45 pm
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on February 21, 2006, 11:56:35 pm
True...but it doesn't mean I should stop trying!  I have issues with giving up on things...some times thats one of my strengths and some times it's one of my weaknesses!  I know it's hard to get those to leave it that are already on it...but I am also trying to get involved in preventing more from doing it!
And kudos to you. Perhaps if there is more people like you it will make my job eaiser.

Guetz

Very good post, Rabs_Fan4Llife.  Thank you.  Claps.

To see more, go to The Faces of Meth.

Read what Snopes has to say about the internet distributed poem, I Am Meth.

Lions84

It is the #1 Problem in Johnson County where we live.

chevy lover

Just drive down I-30 headed to Little Rock and see the boards advertising the Meth weight loss program.  You never know where a meth lab will pop up next.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas