• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CS Lewis' Space Trilogy

Started by Eddie Goodson, March 28, 2009, 08:47:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

I just finished, for the second time, CS Lewis' Space Trilogy--Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength. Most people don't even know he wrote a science-fiction trilogy. Lewis had the gift of weaving a story with Christian principles without tying it down with religion.

Perelandra is one of the most thought provoking books I've ever read.

I believe That Hideous Strength would make an awesome movie.

The Reality is back...

It's nice to see that someone out there talks about Lewis' other works besides Mere Christianity.

Lewis was/is amazing, I agree, but I only read OOTSP, I haven't made it to the next ones. And I probably need to re-read the first, since it's been almost 2 years since.

Texarkana_Piggie

i've been reading the chronicles of narnia.  i'm on the silver chair.  i have really enjoyed them all.

Chief_Osceola™

I've enjoyed everything I've read from C.S. Lewis.  The most recent being The Screwtape Letters.  For the second time.  I'll have to look into the Space Trilogy, as it sounds interesting.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on March 30, 2009, 12:11:00 am
It's nice to see that someone out there talks about Lewis' other works besides Mere Christianity.

Lewis was/is amazing, I agree, but I only read OOTSP, I haven't made it to the next ones. And I probably need to re-read the first, since it's been almost 2 years since.
Naw, you need to read the second, Perelandra. They're not your typical trilogy. They are basically stand alone books. Perelandra is basically Lewis' take on the temptation of Eve by the serpent. Outstanding. You'll like it because  of the intense debate and discourse. You really need to read it. That Hideous Strength is the best of the three. Lewis is a master of stripping Christianity of it's religion.

I bought all three from iTunes and have listened to them on my iPod. I'm about to start again on all three. There's just so much to take in, you can't get it all on one read or in my case listen. I read the books a couple times a few years back and I missed so much.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 30, 2009, 11:32:41 am
I've enjoyed everything I've read from C.S. Lewis.  The most recent being The Screwtape Letters.  For the second time.  I'll have to look into the Space Trilogy, as it sounds interesting.
The Screwtape Letters is one of the best books written in the last two hundred years. It usually freaks out the reader though. I'm going to read it again in the next couple weeks. I may just get me an audio book so I can listen while driving. I'm hooked on audio books while driving.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 30, 2009, 09:45:06 am
i've been reading the chronicles of narnia.  i'm on the silver chair.  i have really enjoyed them all.
My favorite is Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It's going to make an awesome movie. The Last Battle is also really good.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on March 30, 2009, 02:16:25 pm
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 30, 2009, 09:45:06 am
My favorite is Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It's going to make an awesome movie. The Last Battle is also really good.

i enjoyed that one too.  i think the lion, the witch and the wardrobe is still my favorite so far.  when the witch killed aslan, i just shut the book and cried.  i was so mad.  my husband said...keep reading, it gets better.  i was not going to finish the book.  but that's a mistake a lot of christians make....they don't read to the end of the book.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas