• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranking of the State Champions

Started by BossHogs, May 20, 2018, 11:39:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BossHogs

Alright time to stir the pot and get some good ole trash talking going.

My Ranking of the Champions are...

1. Greenwood
2. Har-Ber
3. Sylvan Hills
4. Nashville
5. Woodlawn
6. Harding
7. Parkers Chapel

5-7 are very close for me and obviously I'm a Woodlawn fan so I believe the Bears are better than Harding and PC. Yes I know PC beat Woodlawn in the regular season but I still believe Woodlawn is better.

Oldbadger

High school rankings are only as good as who they have pitching, Noland pitching you are right about Greenwood, anyone else drops them to 2nd or 3rd.

2fe

1. Har Ber
2. Greenwood
3. Nashville
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Harding
6. Woodlawn
7. PC

Skip Baymore

Quote from: 2fe on May 20, 2018, 09:33:54 pm
1. Har Ber
2. Greenwood
3. Nashville
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Harding
6. Woodlawn
7. PC

My ranking too.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Oldbadger on May 20, 2018, 01:38:52 pm
High school rankings are only as good as who they have pitching, Noland pitching you are right about Greenwood, anyone else drops them to 2nd or 3rd.

I agree, especially in high school baseball.   A one game setting with everybody rested might heavily favor one team, but a weekend series against each other might favor the other.  One of the things that makes baseball unique as a sport.

RabidWolf

My top 3 would have to go

1 HarBer
2 GW
3 Nashville

Hog In Slop

Quote from: Oldbadger on May 20, 2018, 01:38:52 pm

You are correct that a team is only as good as who they have pitching.  To that point, while you are at it - take Blake Adams (Razorback commit I believe) out of the mix for Harber and go ahead and drop them to 2nd or 3rd best in the state too.  Then you could rank anyone #1 after that - unless you wouldn't let them use their best pitcher either.

Rida4Life

Quote from: BossHogs on May 20, 2018, 11:39:19 am
Alright time to stir the pot and get some good ole trash talking going.

My Ranking of the Champions are...

1. Greenwood
2. Har-Ber
3. Sylvan Hills
4. Nashville
5. Woodlawn
6. Harding
7. Parkers Chapel

5-7 are very close for me and obviously I'm a Woodlawn fan so I believe the Bears are better than Harding and PC. Yes I know PC beat Woodlawn in the regular season but I still believe Woodlawn is better.

This must be another feel good Woodlawn thread.  PC beat them... like they do in every sport... You are not better... We settled that on the field.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas