• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attention 7A Soccer Fans / post scores here

Started by sevenof400, February 22, 2011, 10:42:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PressBox-81

NLR at Conway scheduled for tonight has been cancelled due to weather concerns.

Tentative reschedule of Conway vs LR Catholic is May 7th at 10:00 am in Conway.

trevster10

Bryant at Van Buren last night was postponed.

Supposed to play at Russellville Thursday, and home for LR Catholic on Friday. But we'll see if the weather cooperates.

futbolfollower

Central at Russellville last night Canceled due to weather.
Rescheduled for this Friday April 29 at 7pm.

futbolfollower

Is the Cabot Catholic game May 6th or 10th?

futbolfollower

7A Central
Looks like Russellville, Cabot and Catholic should cruise tonight.
Central vs Conway will be a fight though. Looks as though Central has lost some of their motivation and other teams may just want it more than them. And Conway's young talented team is starting to get over their chemistry issues and is working well together. If a few of Central's individual players adopt a "win or lose it's ok either way" attitude Conway will hand them a loss at home tonight. Time for the Wampus Cats to put it all together and time for Central to step up and show they truly in the top 3 or 4 7A teams in the state!
Which do you think happens tonight?

Hotsauce

PressBox-81

Conway VB 1 LR Central 0

Goal scored by Conway with 4 mins left in the game.  Big rebound and cleared ball off a Central corner kick led to a break away from mid field and the Central defender was unable to keep up with the Conway forward and then beat the goalie to the back corner of the net with his shot.

4 game winning streak for Conway.

CatsBack

Hornet-Hawg

Russellville VB 3 - Bryant VB 0

Bryant VG 0 - Russellville VG 0 (Bryant wins in pks 4-2)

centralsoccawatcha

Was at the Central-Conway game...Central certainly had their chances to put Conway away in both the first and second half. I thought, overall, Conway looked a lot better than in the first match. The goal scored was a real class type goal. All credit to the Central keeper though. He blocked a couple of 1 v 1's that most would have let through. Central has got to find more consistency from their backline if they are going to warrant much attention moving forward. Conway was no push-over team, but Central has to have better play from the backs. I would say the keeper makes up for a lot of the exposed areas, but he can only do so much. Should be a fun run to the playoffs.

Any news on the other games?

LRfan

On 4/28, the Mount St. Mary and Catholic varsity both won at VB by forfeit (no refs). I think the scores were 7-0 for the girls and 4-0 or 5-0 for the boys, but they go in the books as 1-0 or something like that because of forfeit.

offside

Central has some finishing issues they need to work through before the tournament.  They appeared to have attempted at least 10 shots against Conway.

soccercoach

Quote from: centralsoccawatcha on April 29, 2011, 11:42:22 am
Was at the Central-Conway game...Central certainly had their chances to put Conway away in both the first and second half. I thought, overall, Conway looked a lot better than in the first match. The goal scored was a real class type goal. All credit to the Central keeper though. He blocked a couple of 1 v 1's that most would have let through. Central has got to find more consistency from their backline if they are going to warrant much attention moving forward. Conway was no push-over team, but Central has to have better play from the backs. I would say the keeper makes up for a lot of the exposed areas, but he can only do so much. Should be a fun run to the playoffs.

Any news on the other games?

I attended this game as well. I actually felt that 3/4 of Central's back line was solid 85% of the time and the center backs, especially the Manley kid who I've seen play club ball many times, were very good. One of their outside backs had a great game and actually roamed forward and created some opportunities while still having the speed to get back and cover. The other outside back is a weakness for them and when they sub in for any of these guys the drop off is significant. I'm 99% sure that the kid that got blown by was a late sub in that had not played all night and just flat out got beaten within minutes of his entry into the game.
  I was actually surpised that the Central keeper didn't make the stop. Not because it was a poorly shot goal that he should have gotten to, it was a perfectly played ball to the far post, but because he is almost perfect in his positioning, angles, and technique. This goes unrecognized by most and is so important. By being so technically savvy balls are forced wide, angles are closed off, shots are hurried, and balls are played over the goal and those are not counted as saves even though the keeper forces the miss. And you are right he made some great saves in the game but his affect on the game reaches further than that especially the working relationship that he has with his teammates out in front of him and the way they respond to each other. His vocal leadership and organization of defense and team, telling defenders where to position, alerting and moving his defenders to open men and attacks, is like watching a well choreographed play. Ha! Can you tell I think the kid is a player?! Not the most spectacular play maker that I've ever seen but a total package in a keeper that I haven't seen in our state in many years. Ian Goodman may be the last that I remember.  Does anyone know where he's headed for college next year?
And back to Central! You're right they need to eliminate the defensive breakdowns although with their starters working with the keeper there aren't an abundance of them. But mostly Central needs to score. Put one, or especially two, balls in the net per game and you're undefeated. They aren't giving up many goals but someone needs to step up for them with speed and aggression and be their scorer. They seem to have lost a bit of the edge and aggression, particularly the small midfielder and the tall blonde headed left footed kid that were so active in an earlier season game I saw. Score a goal or two the next 4 games and they win out.

futbolfollower

Quote from: offside on April 29, 2011, 06:09:25 pm
Central has some finishing issues they need to work through before the tournament.  They appeared to have attempted at least 10 shots against Conway.

Agreed! The Brooks kid from Conway made two spectacular stops but as he usually does made some glaring mistakes as well. Central just flat missed several open looks, they just did not finish and their players much of the game were getting knocked off the ball by younger and smaller Conway players. Their scoters, the tall kind of curly headed kid played well, but the kind of jitter bug great foot skill and speed guy on the outside needs to pull the trigger on the end of his runs, the small center mid needs to get active likenhe was earlier in the season, The tall kid on the outside that was attacking and rocking off shots earlier in the season has to get back to that. For some reason Central is back on their heels and not aggressive up top. Just throw out your 11 best and tell them to play til they can't anymore! And shoot! too much back passing and not enough attacking and finishing.

Hornet-Hawg

Bryant VB 1 - Catholic VB 1 (Bryant wins 5-3 in pks)

Bryant VG 2 - MSM VG 0

I also heard:

Russellville VG 2 - Central VG 1

woodpeckerfsm

Futbalaholic

Central VB  2    Russellville 1

Central more aggressive and forward, back line challenging, and keeper had an incredible game

futboliac

Has the Catholic vs Cabot game been rescheduled?

sevenof400

Quote from: LRfan on April 29, 2011, 12:42:18 pm
On 4/28, the Mount St. Mary and Catholic varsity both won at VB by forfeit (no refs). I think the scores were 7-0 for the girls and 4-0 or 5-0 for the boys, but they go in the books as 1-0 or something like that because of forfeit.

Wow - that is a first for me as i have never heard of a game being forfeited due to no referees.  Anyone know the details on this?  I know there is a referee shortage and with so many games being rescheduled as we hit the end of the season, this could easily occur again.  Hopefully not though..

Hornet-Hawg

Bryant - Van Buren rescheduled for Monday, 5/2

LRfan

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 30, 2011, 08:32:21 pm
Quote from: LRfan on April 29, 2011, 12:42:18 pm

Wow - that is a first for me as i have never heard of a game being forfeited due to no referees.  Anyone know the details on this?  I know there is a referee shortage and with so many games being rescheduled as we hit the end of the season, this could easily occur again.  Hopefully not though..
Supposedly there was a scheduling mix-up and VB scheduled the refs for the following night by mistake. They reportedly called around to all the local refs , but could not get anyone to do the game at the last minute. They played the games , but without refs the home team has to forfeit (Did not change the outcome.) I don't think it is a sign of a ref shortage, just an unusual scheduling mistake.

LRfan

Quote from: futboliac on April 30, 2011, 07:47:43 pm
Has the Catholic vs Cabot game been rescheduled?

I saw somewhere May 10 at Burns Park, but don't know if that is finalized. That will be a tough 2 last games for Catholic-   Central followed by Cabot on back to back nights.

futboliac

WC Dad. What about the Conway v NLR game? That'll have everyone rescheduled I believe if that Catholic v Cabot game time is correct.

trevster10

Bryant beat LR Catholic on Friday for the first time in program history (1997).

Congrats to the Hornets!

woodpeckerfsm

The forfeit was confirmed.  No officials, no game.

Total confusion all all accounts. There will be no makeups. Forfeits will stand.

PressBox-81

Conway vs NLR is now scheduled for May 11 at Conway.

snakebite

According to the playoff brackets posted on the AAA website, does anybody else have a potential conflict between the championship game and graduation ceremonies?

Panama

Quote from: snakebite on May 02, 2011, 11:35:41 am
According to the playoff brackets posted on the AAA website, does anybody else have a potential conflict between the championship game and graduation ceremonies?
Cabot has graduation Friday night at 7:00

Sir Alex

Quote from: Panama on May 02, 2011, 12:27:38 pm
Quote from: snakebite on May 02, 2011, 11:35:41 am
Cabot has graduation Friday night at 7:00
7A plays on Saturday

futboliac

7A is Saturday at 4 pm and 6A Saturday at noon. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

surprised

Problems aren't with the championship game....  the tournament next weekend is where problems "could" be for Cabot.

futboliac

So Cabot's graduation is on Friday May 13?
The 6th seed of course won't be an issue but if they move into that 4 seed it'll be tough. At least they'll be at home!

trevster10

When do the playoffs start?

It very well could affect Bryant due to their graduation.

Panama

Does any other school have a conflict on that day?  I was hoping that whatever seed Cabot might place we could swap a time slot to an earlier game time if the schools involved agreed.

VBSoccer5

VB Van Buren 2-2 Bryant
Van Buren wins in pks 4-2

Hornet-Hawg

futboliac

Cabot has the tie breaker over Conway which makes a 3 seed likely so an early game. And after Van Buren gaining its third victory of the season with their win over Bryant tonight it looks like Bryant is headed for a 5 seed unless Hall wins a couple of games and passes them with that weird point system in their conference so that would put them early as well.

LRfan

Quote from: trevster10 on May 01, 2011, 12:29:17 am

Congrats to the Hornets!
Quote from: VBSoccer5 on May 02, 2011, 10:36:27 pm
VB Van Buren 2-2 Bryant

Bryant must still have been partying after their win over Catholic.

Panama

Did Van Buren find a keeper?  When Cabot played them, they tried a freshman in the goal but he did not have the size to cover the goal and their second option was a bigger player but he was not that experienced it seemed.

futbolfollower

Quote from: LRfan on May 03, 2011, 01:05:33 pm
Quote from: trevster10 on May 01, 2011, 12:29:17 am

Congrats to the Hornets!
Quote from: VBSoccer5 on May 02, 2011, 10:36:27 pm
VB Van Buren 2-2 Bryant

Bryant must still have been partying after their win over Catholic.

Ha!
Welcome to the world of PK shootouts for OT. The great equalizer. It allows lesser teams to play for the tie and have an equal chance with the better team. And often the lesser team wins (Bryant over Catholic, Bryant over Central, Van Buren over Bryant etc)
Stats show that the shooter makes around 80% of PKs (4 out of 5) against even the best keepers. Equal the stats and you'll likely win. Make 3 of 5 or less and you'll usually lose.       
  Stats also show that shots waist high or higher have the best chance of scoring, shots in the outer third and upper third are even better. So... a kick with some velocity in the upper and outer third almost guaranteed to score. Go practice shooters!

LRfan

5/3/11
VB
Catholic 7 NLR 1
VG
Mount St. Mary 4  NLR 2

PressBox-81

Reality kicked back in for the Wampus Cats:

VB Bryant 3 Conway 0

Lady Cats however continue to roll:

VG Bryant 0 Conway 1

soccer22

vb Central 1 = Cabot 1 (pks Central 4 to 2)
Hidalgo missed most of second half with injury.

Soccer84

Bryant's Boys scored their first goal on a crazy set piece.  The game was closer than the scoreline in my opinion.  Conway seemed to be caught on their heels too much during the game.   Conway had some opportunities but not as Bryant.  Credit to Conway's keeper for turning away two point blank rebound saves to keep the score lower than what it could have been.  I think both teams will take away the good/bad from this game and build on it.

trevster10

So with two games remaining in the conference season, any outlook on seeding for the playoffs? I've heard that the Lady Hornets have the inside track at the #2 seed from the Central.

What's it looking like?

VBSoccer5

Quote from: Panama on May 03, 2011, 02:59:58 pm
Did Van Buren find a keeper?  When Cabot played them, they tried a freshman in the goal but he did not have the size to cover the goal and their second option was a bigger player but he was not that experienced it seemed.

We have put that bigger player in the goal, who is a sophomore. He's new, but good considering he just started this year. He won Van Buren the game against Bryant in PK's.

trevster10

Quote from: Soccer84 on May 03, 2011, 10:29:16 pm
Bryant's Boys scored their first goal on a crazy set piece.  The game was closer than the scoreline in my opinion.  Conway seemed to be caught on their heels too much during the game.   Conway had some opportunities but not as Bryant.  Credit to Conway's keeper for turning away two point blank rebound saves to keep the score lower than what it could have been.  I think both teams will take away the good/bad from this game and build on it.

I can no longer say I have never seen a trick play in soccer. ;D

PressBox-81

Trev,

It was for a sure a trick play and Conway fell for it believing the two players were really hurt. 

I thought Bryant's goalie played really well as he saved 3 sure goals that would normally go in for Conway.  It was really not their night and nothing seemed to go right for them and Bryant got three shots to fall.

futbolfollower

Quote from: soccer22 on May 03, 2011, 10:28:17 pm
vb Central 1 = Cabot 1 (pks Central 4 to 2)
Hidalgo missed most of second half with injury.

Saves on two big rips from Hidalgo first half but another Cabot player scored their goal on a one on one in the first half.
Decreased pressure by Cabot with him out for about 3/4 of second half but still scoring opportunities for both teams with Central player scoring on a looping shot to the far corner over Cabot keeper from about 25.
Central keeper had saves on two of Cabot's 4 shots and Central made all 4 of theirs.

futbolfollower

Bryant faked injuries to score? Really? Hmmmmm. Something just doesn't feel right about that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas