• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Recru... Legal move in

Started by BannerChaser95, November 08, 2017, 09:30:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

Team A has a record of 34-5
Team B has a record of 15-15

Team A beat team B 2 times  by a combined 154-76 Home and Home conference games.

Team A won the conference. Team B didn't

Team A won The district tournament. Team B didn't, actually finished 4th

Team A made regional finals. Team B season is over with a .500 record.

If you had the choice for your child to continue his High School career at Team B where he was arguably the best player or Team A where he could still stand out and still play and still produce.

Would you even consider moving your child? This is a hot topic some people take like the Bible Belt is about to lose its guns! If theirs a system you can use to move your child with no sit out time or consequences why not take hold of that system. I'm not talking about going from a 5A school as a starter to a 1A school. This systems not for select schools, it's for everyone. Go to whatever school you want. If you want to keep your child at a 15-15 school. With high hopes of "maybe we will make regionals" well then more power to you!

Woodrow1

My child would play in whatever district I live in, or if a parent taught at a school at that school.  School is about school, not sports.  After you have graduated 10 years later, who really cares if you went .500 or won state?  No one!!  This moving schools to play on a better team is beyond ridiculous.  And it doesn't teach a kid anything in life. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Woodrow1 on November 08, 2017, 09:35:01 am
My child would play in whatever district I live in, or if a parent taught at a school at that school.  School is about school, not sports.  After you have graduated 10 years later, who really cares if you went .500 or won state?  No one!!  This moving schools to play on a better team is beyond ridiculous.  And it doesn't teach a kid anything in life.
just have them quit sports and focus on real life things then because in 10 years. Playing basketball isn't anything more than memories. So yeah 15-15 or winning state. Nothing matters huh

Woodrow1

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 08, 2017, 09:40:26 am
just have them quit sports and focus on real life things then because in 10 years. Playing basketball isn't anything more than memories. So yeah 15-15 or winning state. Nothing matters huh

I never said anything about quitting sports.  Sports can teach kids lots of things.  Give it your all, in all you do.  That is what I say.  But I don't believe in school hopping just to get my kid on a better team.  I personally will never do that.  At the end of the day it is just sports.  You won't make a living at it, and there are lots of things more important.  And I love sports.....

BannerMountainMan

Lose friendships just to want to win is what happens these days, I understand it.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 08, 2017, 09:56:09 am
Lose friendships just to want to win is what happens these days, I understand it.
you can't be friends because you moved? Lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Woodrow1 on November 08, 2017, 09:45:54 am
I never said anything about quitting sports.  Sports can teach kids lots of things.  Give it your all, in all you do.  That is what I say.  But I don't believe in school hopping just to get my kid on a better team.  I personally will never do that.  At the end of the day it is just sports.  You won't make a living at it, and there are lots of things more important.  And I love sports.....
I understand your side of things. I just am more talking to the people who think it's a sin someone moved their kids

Bigleague

I have a feeling bannerchasers didn't get much playing time

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Bigleague on November 08, 2017, 10:12:33 am
I have a feeling bannerchasers didn't get much playing time
Negative,was the waterboy

teamworkwins

Each parent needs to do what's best for his/her kid. Sports are more important to some kids than others. Some kids love the game so much that it affects their self confidence, their grades, numerous aspects of their lives. We aren't all cut from the same cloth. If my child excels at sports and wants to play with a team that will make him/her better and give him/her a better shot at success, then I'm going to do what I can to make his/her dreams come true. There's plenty of disappointment in life already. Why not give them every tool to make their youth as enjoyable and memorable as possible? I love to listen to people who played in high school reminisce about the "good ole days." I have heard many say how badly they miss it.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: teamworkwins on November 08, 2017, 10:24:04 am
Each parent needs to do what's best for his/her kid. Sports are more important to some kids than others. Some kids love the game so much that it affects their self confidence, their grades, numerous aspects of their lives. We aren't all cut from the same cloth. If my child excels at sports and wants to play with a team that will make him/her better and give him/her a better shot at success, then I'm going to do what I can to make his/her dreams come true. There's plenty of disappointment in life already. Why not give them every tool to make their youth as enjoyable and memorable as possible? I love to listen to people who played in high school reminisce about the "good ole days." I have heard many say how badly they miss it.
+1. I don't see why it's the worst thing in the world a kid moves. I've seen kids move off for parents work and never pick up a ball again. But select parents are moving their kids to play ball and some people just can't stand it.

no mascot

That's where you have to be able to know what your personal beliefs in what success is.

I wasn't trying to start a recruiting war asking abt the move in at icc btw. I was just trying to find out if the rumors of a new kid was true.

riccoar

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but a legal move into the district is the only way to be eligible without sitting.  If you do that for a child, just to be on a winning team, that's just sad.  Very poor display of parenting and setting a bad example for your children to follow.  Like most said, after they have graduated, it will just ring hollow.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 08, 2017, 10:13:43 am
Negative,was the waterboy
Of course I agree with Woodrow1 on this! BannerChasers duties as Director of Admissions at Kirby High School depends on him putting the best spin on this he can. Secondary duties mostly include trying to deflect all blame and attention away from MoonPie to little avail. Woodrow1 you make great points. I have not seen one single kid in ClassA play this year that will play after high school except for intramurals. School loyalty is gone like my paycheck! Community pride is a thing of the past so you have what we have now. Thank you AAA and the win at all costs guys out there chasing banners and rings!

teamworkwins

Quote from: riccoar on November 08, 2017, 10:31:28 am
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but a legal move into the district is the only way to be eligible without sitting.  If you do that for a child, just to be on a winning team, that's just sad.  Very poor display of parenting and setting a bad example for your children to follow.  Like most said, after they have graduated, it will just ring hollow.
Depends on when you move. If you have the foresight to do it in junior high (before start of 10th grade, and you do it before July 1 of the summer before, there is no sitting out.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on November 08, 2017, 10:27:50 am
+1. I don't see why it's the worst thing in the world a kid moves. I've seen kids move off for parents work and never pick up a ball again. But select parents are moving their kids to play ball and some people just can't stand it.

Because moving for job is one thing. Moving to play ball according to AAA rules makes a kid ineligible. Your whole argument is based on a kid moving into your district to play basketball. That is illegal in terms of AAA eligibility.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on November 08, 2017, 10:33:44 am
Of course I agree with Woodrow1 on this! BannerChasers duties as Director of Admissions at Kirby High School depends on him putting the best spin on this he can. Secondary duties mostly include trying to deflect all blame and attention away from MoonPie to little avail. Woodrow1 you make great points. I have not seen one single kid in ClassA play this year that will play after high school except for intramurals. School loyalty is gone like my paycheck! Community pride is a thing of the past so you have what we have now. Thank you AAA and the win at all costs guys out there chasing banners and rings!

Used to be some pride playing for the name on the jersey....hometown hero etc etc...

Now we got kids driving past other high schools to go play for the district they "legally" live in..

NWA Hawg

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 08, 2017, 10:38:01 am
Used to be some pride playing for the name on the jersey....hometown hero etc etc...

Now we got kids driving past other high schools to go play for the district they "legally" live in..

Exactly. Where's the pride of working with your classmates and lifelong friends to represent your hometown. Everyone now wants instance gratification. High school sports isn't the NBA. 

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 08, 2017, 10:38:01 am

"Man I saw y'all lose by 40 yesterday, keep up the good work" -No one ever

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on November 08, 2017, 10:33:44 am
It's all bout how ya spin it brother!

Moonshiner

This is a hot topic some people take like the Bible Belt is about to lose its guns!
[/quote]

Wow.  So Bible Belt and gun control are synonymous? 
I can't speak for anyone else on here, but I have personally witnessed a coach of one school having interviews with kids and their parents from a neighboring school.  I'm talking about a recruiting interview.  Three interviews in one week actually.  The moves were  bonafide "legal" moves.  With the exception of the behind the scenes/illegal meetings.  On paper it was legal.  The three players leaving decimated one program.  There was a fourth one that moved the next year.
So, moves done legally in every aspect, I have NO problem with.  It's where the receiving coach, or board member, or superintendent has taken an active role in bringing that kid in that I have a problem with.  One coach providing "affordable" housing is an example.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 08, 2017, 10:51:44 am
This is a hot topic some people take like the Bible Belt is about to lose its guns!

Wow.  So Bible Belt and gun control are synonymous?
I can't speak for anyone else on here, but I have personally witnessed a coach of one school having interviews with kids and their parents from a neighboring school.  I'm talking about a recruiting interview.  Three interviews in one week actually.  The moves were  bonafide "legal" moves.  With the exception of the behind the scenes/illegal meetings.  On paper it was legal.  The three players leaving decimated one program.  There was a fourth one that moved the next year.
So, moves done legally in every aspect, I have NO problem with.  It's where the receiving coach, or board member, or superintendent has taken an active role in bringing that kid in that I have a problem with.  One coach providing "affordable" housing is an example.
The Bible Belts known to be 2nd amendment activist more often than not. Anyways I agree with the legal part. +1

HorseFeathers

*Moderator tone*

Keep the unrelated politics out of this guys...

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Woodrow1 on November 08, 2017, 09:45:54 am
High Seed Name

thebigman3

But see.. if guys like SackAttack had a kid move to their school and was really good..they would shut up. But no one wants to move to GFWS. Who i'm assuming is your team..

Woodrow1

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 12:29:06 pm
But see.. if guys like SackAttack had a kid move to their school and was really good..they would shut up. But no one wants to move to GFWS. Who i'm assuming is your team..

If my school had a move in of course I would take it.  But I would still think it's ridiculous to move schools for your kid to be on a better team.  I only have a problem with it if that is the only reason they move.  Families have to move all the time because of work, family problems, health, etc. 

thebigman3

Quote from: Woodrow1 on November 08, 2017, 12:39:20 pm
If my school had a move in of course I would take it.  But I would still think it's ridiculous to move schools for your kid to be on a better team.  I only have a problem with it if that is the only reason they move.  Families have to move all the time because of work, family problems, health, etc.
But you all just assume it's cause of ball. and whoever is saying 10 years from now it won't matter to you, then why are you on this website talking about high school sports if it doesn't matter. That guy came from a losers locker room. I myself have a ring, a State Championship basketball ring. I still talk about it with my friends and community and love that I was able to be apart of it.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 12:29:06 pm
Assume all you want! Assume everything you want! Its easy to fool lots of people! Yes Id take a move in if it was a move in. A kid living in Quitman but playing basketball at GFWS isn't a move in. A kid living in Mt.Vernon playing basketball at Guy isn't a move in. A kid living in Mayflower riding with the GP High School principal to school to play basketball at GP isn't a move in (past situation). Long story short I know all yalls tricks. and it appears I know a lot more about what really goes on there than you do. Perhaps I really live in Twin Groves! Perhaps I live on Copperhead Road (great song)!

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 08, 2017, 01:03:04 pm
Assume all you want! Assume everything you want! Its easy to fool lots of people! Yes Id take a move in if it was a move in. A kid living in Quitman but playing basketball at GFWS isn't a move in. A kid living in Mt.Vernon playing basketball at Guy isn't a move in. A kid living in Mayflower riding with the GP High School principal to school to play basketball at GP isn't a move in (past situation). Long story short I know all yalls tricks. and it appears I know a lot more about what really goes on there than you do. Perhaps I really live in Twin Groves! Perhaps I live on Copperhead Road (great song)!
If a kid lives in another district, but has went to another school his or her whole life that's not a problem. Moving schools isn't a problem. Every kid on the Guy roster lives in the district. Your just upset that no one wants to play for ya'll.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 01:13:59 pm
If a kid lives in another district, but has went to another school his or her whole life that's not a problem. Moving schools isn't a problem. Every kid on the Guy roster lives in the district. Your just upset that no one wants to play for ya'll.
Y'all?? Who is Y'all? You have no idea where Im from! Like I said earlier I live in Twin Groves!

BigLion10

Its just funny how every year Guy has a few move ins that help the team a lot

thebigman3

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 08, 2017, 01:29:11 pm
Its just funny how every year Guy has a few move ins that help the team a lot
Who moved in last year on the State championship team?

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 08, 2017, 01:26:46 pm
Y'all?? Who is Y'all? You have no idea where Im from! Like I said earlier I live in Twin Groves!
Don't believe that for a second lol

LaFlamaBlanca55

This is a problem that will never be solved and extremely hard for the AAA to fairly regulate as almost each individual situation is different. There are just too many things that factor in to the "move-in" process. In my estimations around the late 90's and early 2000's this whole "move-in" for athletics debte became a big deal, you didnt hear about it as much back on a large scale then simply because the avenues of social media and participation in message boards werent as available as they are now. I said all that to say, it is something that never will stop especially in this day and age. 1.)  It is impossible for the AAA to truly regulate it fairly, 2.) the way parents and kids are today 3.) competition, if you aint cheatin, you aint competing or trying saying, coaches especially will always have the desire to be better, bigger, faster, stronger, than whoever their opponents are. 4.) you cant beat um so join um, it is almost impossible to win big today or compete at high levels without "recruiting" or figuring out ways around this broken regulation system, coaches, parents and players know and realize in order to beat the best that are doing it, you have to also to stay trully competitive. We might as well quit even debating whether its ok or not and focus time, energy and effort, in figuring out how to make whichever team we support, our kids play on, or we pull for better. It is what it is!

Woodrow1

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 12:57:57 pm
But you all just assume it's cause of ball. and whoever is saying 10 years from now it won't matter to you, then why are you on this website talking about high school sports if it doesn't matter. That guy came from a losers locker room. I myself have a ring, a State Championship basketball ring. I still talk about it with my friends and community and love that I was able to be apart of it.

So if you live in a school district that has a team that has a losing record, then just move to a district that has a winning one?  Heck with that approach anyone can be a winner.  When things are tough, just move.  I'm not that kind of person. 

Moonshiner

Quote from: Woodrow1 on November 08, 2017, 03:57:18 pm
So if you live in a school district that has a team that has a losing record, then just move to a district that has a winning one?  Heck with that approach anyone can be a winner.  When things are tough, just move.  I'm not that kind of person.

The same reason people give a Kevin Durant and Lebron James grief. 

SackAttack

I call it "cheapened success"! But some obviously are okay with that!

LHHC

Probably most people that have done that voted for Killary! Haha

thebigman3

"aNyONe CaN bE a WInNeR" so you're telling me teams like bradford, GFWS, and Lisa North are gonna be winners? 😂 I don't think so.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 07:34:01 pm
"aNyONe CaN bE a WInNeR" so you're telling me teams like bradford, GFWS, and Lisa North are gonna be winners? 😂 I don't think so.
I ThInK He Is taLkInG AbOuT PlAYeRs

SackAttack

November 08, 2017, 08:01:14 pm #40 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:15:38 pm by SackAttack
Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 07:34:01 pm
So because your school has one ten rings and other schools have won one or none makes your school a winner and all others losers. thats like saying Hutch is a better coach than say Gayle Kaundart who won one. or John Widner who won one or Doyce Winninngham who won one or CD Taylor who won one or Joe Graham who won one or Joe Mallett who won one or Jim Pennington who won one.or Gerald Vines who won one. Yes Im name dropping because I can and if you don't know who those guys are then you cant call yourself a true fan. Credibility lost. and I like to win arguments especially against people who base opinions on what happened yesterday or last year! By the way if there was a Mt Rushmore of high school basketball coaches that would be the group you'd start with. So 10 does not make you a winner its more about how you do it!

Moonshiner

I think of guys like Steve Lynch.  Arguably the best you'll find in any classification as a coach.  So far he has yet to win one.  Does that make him a loser?  I'd say he has forgotten more about the game than most of the cheaters have ever even known. 
But he won't be out there offering kids trailer houses to live in.  He has ethics that he believes in.

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 08, 2017, 09:02:30 pm
I think of guys like Steve Lynch.  Arguably the best you'll find in any classification as a coach.  So far he has yet to win one.  Does that make him a loser?  I'd say he has forgotten more about the game than most of the cheaters have ever even known. 
But he won't be out there offering kids trailer houses to live in.  He has ethics that he believes in.
Agreed!

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 08, 2017, 07:43:38 pm
I ThInK He Is taLkInG AbOuT PlAYeRs
In that case. I guess I can understand that. but it's harder for players to be recognized if on a bad team.

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on November 08, 2017, 08:01:14 pm
So because your school has one ten rings and other schools have won one or none makes your school a winner and all others losers. thats like saying Hutch is a better coach than say Gayle Kaundart who won one. or John Widner who won one or Doyce Winninngham who won one or CD Taylor who won one or Joe Graham who won one or Joe Mallett who won one or Jim Pennington who won one.or Gerald Vines who won one. Yes Im name dropping because I can and if you don't know who those guys are then you cant call yourself a true fan. Credibility lost. and I like to win arguments especially against people who base opinions on what happened yesterday or last year! By the way if there was a Mt Rushmore of high school basketball coaches that would be the group you'd start with. So 10 does not make you a winner its more about how you do it!
well.. Winning 10 rings does make you a winner.. idc what you say. Move ins or not. Those kids have to have guidance and a coach to coach them and lead them the way. It takes a team. Even the kids that don't get to play are a huge part of the team. The kids that don't play have to practice with the kids that do. They make them better and encourage them. I understand all those coaches are great coaches and winners as well. But you mean to tell me winning 10 rings is not a winner? Winning almost near 2000 games isn't winning?😂 I understand your a Guy hater and all, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. and that is something you do to everyone but Guy!😂😂

ZacAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 08, 2017, 10:13:51 pm
In that case. I guess I can understand that. but it's harder for players to be recognized if on a bad team.
I would think a really good player would be EASILY recognized on a bad team.  Plus, summer ball is where the players are scouted.  That is a unregulated meat factory!

dentist15

Quote from: SackAttack on November 08, 2017, 08:01:14 pm

Don't forget, Kaundart also won a JuCo National Championship at Westark (now UAFS), and while at Westark he was the D-League for Eddie Sutton's Razorback teams in the 70's and early 80's....

LeftyWorld

One things that needs to be taken into account is what kind of program are these kids coming from and going to? If its a program with little support, little excitement, a style of play they dont like or dont excel in, little expectations, then its hard to ask a 14,15,16,17 year old kid to stay there and try to change all of that in hopes by the time they are a senior they are relevant. Especially when I am sure they have seen some talented players come through and change nothing. High school is about getting and education and having fun. For most athletes their fun comes through playing sports and having a great time while doing it. When they are not having fun in athletics they will usually resort in something else usually something frowned upon to have fun. Either way a high school kid is not going to stay miserable nor should anyone ask them to. High school is short and you should have a blast while your their as an athlete. If a kid is at a school and miserable playing for his/her team yet they love the game then they need to go somewhere where they can excel on and off the court. Just my opinion

teamworkwins

Quote from: LeftyWorld on November 09, 2017, 08:08:07 am
One things that needs to be taken into account is what kind of program are these kids coming from and going to? If its a program with little support, little excitement, a style of play they dont like or dont excel in, little expectations, then its hard to ask a 14,15,16,17 year old kid to stay there and try to change all of that in hopes by the time they are a senior they are relevant. Especially when I am sure they have seen some talented players come through and change nothing. High school is about getting and education and having fun. For most athletes their fun comes through playing sports and having a great time while doing it. When they are not having fun in athletics they will usually resort in something else usually something frowned upon to have fun. Either way a high school kid is not going to stay miserable nor should anyone ask them to. High school is short and you should have a blast while your their as an athlete. If a kid is at a school and miserable playing for his/her team yet they love the game then they need to go somewhere where they can excel on and off the court. Just my opinion
+1

Backboard Shattered

If your not good enough to win at your school I suggest move to another school and win.  Most kids aren't very good so just move and be remembered for moving trying to be be good somewhere else.  Jordan Magic and Bird should've played together that way they could've won.  Loyalty means nothing to parents coaches and players today.  I'm just glad as I sit in the stands at Brady Hipp Backboard Ernest Lion Central Whillock Dazzler McCarthy White Areuinme Shady Sack Horsemen Arena ppl know I stayed loyal!  Wait a sec those great players were loyal!  Never mind!  Carry on!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas