• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Belgium is out. France advances after a 1-0 win. France is the second youngest team in the world cup....that is scary.

Pretty tough for me to see all the Chelsea FC players out there going at each other.

I am going to say it.....England and France in the final.....to of Europe's most storied rivals.....at all ends of history.

soccerman

As most know but social media these past few days, the Little Rock Rangers have a huge home playoff game tonight against a team that could very easily be their rivals, Tulsa Athletic. This is the first ever home playoff game for the Rangers! It cost $10 to get in and the atmosphere is like any other. Even if you aren't a soccer fan, come out and support, you may even like it! Kickoff is at 7 at War Memorial Stadium. There is no cost for parking!

AirWarren

Quote from: soccerman on July 11, 2018, 09:01:42 am
As most know but social media these past few days, the Little Rock Rangers have a huge home playoff game tonight against a team that could very easily be their rivals, Tulsa Athletic. This is the first ever home playoff game for the Rangers! It cost $10 to get in and the atmosphere is like any other. Even if you aren't a soccer fan, come out and support, you may even like it! Kickoff is at 7 at War Memorial Stadium. There is no cost for parking!

Oh wow. That sounds like a blast! May have to check it out. I keep saying that I want to make it to a rangers game. But never do.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

England craps their pants.....big time.

2-1 loss to Croatia in extra time. Croatia is SCRAPPY.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 11, 2018, 03:45:23 pm
England craps their pants.....big time.

2-1 loss to Croatia in extra time. Croatia is SCRAPPY.

I think we can all say with pretty good confidence that if Croatia does not win Sunday they may never get another chance as a nation to win the whole thing and France will be back again in the future with how loaded they are so.......... GO CROATIA!!! Win it while they have the chance!

beach bum

Quote from: beach bum on May 18, 2018, 09:00:51 am
Here is how I see the World Cup shaping up.... I don't really see anyone else having a shot

FAVORITES: Spain, Germany- with the World Cup being played in Russia I'd say these two European nations have to be favorites to win it all

SECOND TIER: Brazil, Argentina- if the tournament was in South America like last time I might put these two nations right in line with the favorites above

THIRD TIER: Portugal, France, Belgium

MY DARK HORSES OF ALL DARK HORSES: Croatia, Serbia........ These Balkan neighbors will have fans that travel well to Russia with them being closer to Russia than its western European counterparts and both are known to be rowdy travelers. They both have just enough quality to make a run and especially Croatia. They may not have enough to win it all, but don't be surprised if one of these nations gets all they way to the semifinals or something like that or plays spoiler at least to one of the nations above.

These predictions made me look so dumb, yet so good with the Croatia as a dark horse prediction... I had Germany and Spain as favorites and they TANKED!

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 11, 2018, 04:34:03 pm
These predictions made me look so dumb, yet so good with the Croatia as a dark horse prediction... I had Germany and Spain as favorites and they TANKED!

Hey. You had Croatia. You get big points.

soccerman

I think France takes it 2-1 over Croatia AET, Croatia's midfield will keep them in the game. My only questions are, can the Croatia backline shut down Mbappe and Griezmann. How will the midfield of France keep up with Rakitic and Modric. And Who will step up for Croatia in the attacking third?

While Belgium beats England 3-1. England puts up a good fight but falls just shy in the attacking third, Lukaku, De Bruyne, and Hazard, man those three i believe will continue to produce
even into the 2022 World Cup.

AirWarren

After months of speculation. Antonio Conte was fired as Chelsea FC boss. Not certain he was given the time he needed but there was a lot of disarray in the lockeroom regarding he and players. Willian, Hazard, and Diego Costa who is now departured.

Maurizio Sarri is the new Chelsea FC boss. He will be bringing Jorginho in from Napoli. The club both of them were at prior to Chelsea.

Man do I miss Jose.....

WPWells

AirWarren

WPWells

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on July 12, 2018, 11:03:33 am
After months of speculation. Antonio Conte was fired as Chelsea FC boss. Not certain he was given the time he needed but there was a lot of disarray in the lockeroom regarding he and players. Willian, Hazard, and Diego Costa who is now departured.

Maurizio Sarri is the new Chelsea FC boss. He will be bringing Jorginho in from Napoli. The club both of them were at prior to Chelsea.

Man do I miss Jose.....

Napoli knew how to bang in some goals under him.... I am interested in watching Chelsea's transition even more so than Arsenal's this coming season.

AirWarren

We will see. Abramovich seems to be losing his edge. Maybe has a little of the Jerry Jones syndrome.

beach bum

So the 2022 World Cup in Qatar had its dates released and will be played from mid November to mid December having the tournament played about 4 or 5 months later than usual because of the brutal heat in the summers there. How on Earth is a country smaller than the state of Massachusetts going to house that many fans in an orderly manner? Also, the 2022-2023 European club seasons are going to have to start about 2 weeks early in very late July and not end until the first few days of June in 2023 for this to even work. That goes for the Europa League and Champions League in 2022-2023 as well. What a scheduling head ache it will cause over a 2 year span juggling all that.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 14, 2018, 02:03:40 pm
So the 2022 World Cup in Qatar had its dates released and will be played from mid November to mid December having the tournament played about 4 or 5 months later than usual because of the brutal heat in the summers there. How on Earth is a country smaller than the state of Massachusetts going to house that many fans in an orderly manner? Also, the 2022-2023 European club seasons are going to have to start about 2 weeks early in very late July and not end until the first few days of June in 2023 for this to even work. That goes for the Europa League and Champions League in 2022-2023 as well. What a scheduling head ache it will cause over a 2 year span juggling all that.

Having the World Cup in Qatar is an utter travesty.

AirWarren

soccerman

For those that did not hear, the Little Rock Rangers won the Heartland Conference on PK's against Wichita. They have secured a spot in next year's US Open Cup which could see a possible MLS team traveling to play the Rangers!

AirWarren

Quote from: soccerman on July 16, 2018, 12:42:15 pm
For those that did not hear, the Little Rock Rangers won the Heartland Conference on PK's against Wichita. They have secured a spot in next year's US Open Cup which could see a possible MLS team traveling to play the Rangers!

How awesome would that be????

beach bum

Quote from: soccerman on July 16, 2018, 12:42:15 pm

That is pretty awesome.... How many clubs play in that league? I have been to about half a dozen MLS games now and finally catching a USL match between Tulsa and OKC. I want to see all the levels here eventually.

VHSCoach2

Laredo Heat SC 1-2 Little Rock Rangers

The Rangers advance to the NPSL South Region Final, where they will play The Miami FC on Saturday. If the Rangers beat Miami, they will advance to the NPSL National Semifinals on the 28th, and if they win that, the NPSL National Championship is August 4th.

AirWarren

soccerman

Hopefully the US sees that Little Rock is a soccer city too and could possibly be a future MLS side. If War Memorial became a grass pitch, maybe take a few seats out to make more room for the field. So proud of the Rangers this past season and hopefully it continues.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on July 18, 2018, 02:28:14 pm
Question - why does soccer call it's field a 'pitch'?

Not sure.

That and "kits" as the uniforms.

And "sacking" is firing of a manager.

Across the pond folks....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_(sports_field)

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: AirWarren on July 18, 2018, 02:52:28 pm
Not sure.

That and “kits” as the uniforms.

And “sacking” is firing of a manager.

Across the pond folks....

Those silly Brits.

I like the term 'sacking'.  It sounds a lot more dubious than firing.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on July 18, 2018, 02:54:12 pm
Those silly Brits.

I like the term 'sacking'.  It sounds a lot more dubious than firing.

Sacking.....just sounds dirty to me.

AirWarren

Funny and clever post 1776 take on it. Go MERICA.

https://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/mike-bell-why-is-the-field-called-a-pitch-and-just-what-is-a-concacaf-notes-from-cocktail-napkins/

FWIW. I say fired, soccer FIELD, and uniforms. Oh and also, cleats are "boots". I call them cleats. I got too much southeast Arkansas in me to talk like those folks across the pond.

VHSCoach2

Dave Meltzer has awarded five stars to yet another NXT match this year.

Moustache Mountain vs. The Undisputed ERA for the NXT Tag Team Championship from the 7-11-18 episode of NXT.

It is the first tag team match and the first TV (non-PPV) match under the WWE banner to receive five stars from Meltzer.

Go Postal

Hi everyone!  I'm watching the 2018 Rugby World Cup Sevens on TV.  I've ever seen a rugby game before.  I had to get in touch with some Goblins fans from Canada, Australia and New Zealand to explain the game to me.  I have to admit that it's pretty freaking good.  Reminds me of a cross between football laterals and soccer with the speed of basketball in 7 minute halves.  I saw one guy get a yellow card for what I would call a horse collar tackle.  Both men and women teams are playing.  USA women's team plays #1 seed New Zealand in the semis tomorrow.  USA men's team plays quarterfinals later tonight.  It is a very interesting sport.  I see why my foreign friends like this as much as soccer.

VHSCoach2

The Little Rock Rangers' season comes to an end with a 3-0 loss to The Miami FC.

soccerman

South Region Runner-Ups in just the third season! Incredible to think of how far they have come! Losing to a professional side in the quarterfinals. Rangers have made Little Rock proud!

beach bum

If this comes true.... I might have to finally wish AW's Chelsea's well as long as they are not playing Liverpool because they are showing interest in signing Christian Pulisic from Dortmund for around 80 million USD.... He has been on fire this preseason looking like he wants to take his game to another level as he enters his 20's. We will see if they get it done before the transfer deadline. If he does not move this summer, I can almost think for sure this will be his last season at Dortmund before he moves on next summer. Think of all the Pulisic, Chelsea jerseys on the weekend we would see in the States if this happened or if he went to any EPL club for that matter eventually the jerseys of his we would see wherever he ended up.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on July 29, 2018, 10:17:00 pm
If this comes true.... I might have to finally wish AW's Chelsea's well as long as they are not playing Liverpool because they are showing interest in signing Christian Pulisic from Dortmund for around 80 million USD.... He has been on fire this preseason looking like he wants to take his game to another level as he enters his 20's. We will see if they get it done before the transfer deadline. If he does not move this summer, I can almost think for sure this will be his last season at Dortmund before he moves on next summer. Think of all the Pulisic, Chelsea jerseys on the weekend we would see in the States if this happened or if he went to any EPL club for that matter eventually the jerseys of his we would see wherever he ended up.

We need a player like him. Especially an American to dominate the EPL for once.

Hope this happens. I'll be getting me a jersey with his name on it ha.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788518-chelsea-reportedly-in-discussions-over-christian-pulisic-amid-liverpool-rumours

beach bum

With Man City playing Chelsea in the Community Shield tomorrow morning and the Premier League kicking off next week I am going to try to pick the table for the 2018-2019 season and the 3 clubs who will be promoted up from the Championship to join the top flight in 2019-2020..... Obviously, if a major transfer happens then you would have to take that in to account but this is based off what we know today.

1.Manchester City (it will be close unlike last year, but I think they barely get another one)
2.Liverpool ( they added so much, but when will they ever quit dropping points to mid to bottom table sides)
3.Tottenham
4.Chelsea
5.Manchester United (this would be a major letdown, but they look in a bit of disarray)
6.Arsenal
7.Newcastle
8.Wolves (this would be a massive surprise, but they have added talent well with what they had)
9.Everton ( this would be a let down big time)
10.Burnley(great defense, but I think playing on Thursday nights they drop some in the league on weekends)
11.Fulham (this would be a big year if they got to here)
12.Crystal Palace
13.Leicester City (I think they slide down some this season)
14.Bournemouth
15.West Ham
16.Southampton
17.Brighton
18.Watford
19.Cardiff City
20.Huddersfield Town

***** Aston Villa, Stoke City, and Middlesbrough are who I predict to come up from the Championship

1-Adam-12

I also predict City will win it again.  The best got better with additions such as Riyad Mahrez.

Losing Mahrez indeed will take Leicester down some or at least it should.

Huddersfield has essentially the same team that barely stayed up last season.  How they will do it again this year, I have no idea.

Bournemouth keeps surprising everyone, and I think they will easily stay up again this season.  Top 10 is not even out of the question.

On paper Everton should be better, but I don't know why they continually underperform.

1-Adam-12

Also, the season started today for those in the Championship and the other lower leagues.

Brentford will likely be top of the table in the Championship after the first week as they thrashed Rotherham 5-1.

Also wins today for Preston, Bolton, Wigan and Swansea.

AirWarren

friscokid

In the Bundesliga I support FC Kaiserslautern, which has been close several times in recent years but couldn't make it back to the top flight. Huge club with a great stadium and a large American military following.

FCK therefore are the Derby County of the German League. I am pulling for both to win promotion but am checking my hopes at the door.

1-Adam-12

Kaiserslautern were one of the big players when German football first came to my attention in the mid 70s. 

It is true they have fallen on hard times, in fact last season they were relegated from the 2.Bundesliga.  Therefore they will have to earn two promotions to get back to 1.Bundesliga,

beach bum

I know they are known to have some knucklehead fans that most Brits don't like them as a fan base, but I am hoping Leeds United can make their way up soon to the Premier League. I watched most of their match against Stoke today and their atmosphere at Elland Road puts most in the EPL to shame. That place was sold out and rocking in their first match today. The 3-1 win didn't even put it into perspective of the beat down they put on Stoke. By the atmosphere you would have thought they were playing for a trophy. They sure have some loyal fans in Leeds.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on August 06, 2018, 06:22:31 am
Jose Mourinho will be fired from Man U after this year.

Yes, especially if Liverpool, Man City, and either Tottenham, Chelsea, or Arsenal sit in front of them. I think Man U finishes 4th at best this season and people in Manchester are getting sick of him.

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Woah, Everton may have improved by leaps and bounds, signing not one, not two, but three Barcelona players in the transfer window.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on August 09, 2018, 05:48:48 pm
Woah, Everton may have improved by leaps and bounds, signing not one, not two, but three Barcelona players in the transfer window.

I hope that works well for them.... The EPL is just better when Everton is competing near the top 5 in the league. The 3 places I like watching a match more than any other in the Premier League is Anfield, Saint James Park, and then Goodison Park when Everton is playing at home. I just like the atmospheres there and the look of the stadium overall.

VHSCoach2

Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City

Couldn't think of a worse way for the Premier League to open than with a Man U win.  :-X

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on August 10, 2018, 04:04:08 pm
Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City

Couldn't think of a worse way for the Premier League to open than with a Man U win.  :-X

Amen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas