• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel Coach

Started by GoodGuy, December 12, 2018, 08:51:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thabeast428

I think hampton is suppose to be in 3a next year 😂😂😂 just saying they are growing

AirWarren

Quote from: Dragon I on December 14, 2018, 05:04:52 pm
One is in a dying county with the smallest population for a county in the state.  One sets dead in the center of industry.  One is  consistently getting smaller, one is consistently getting bigger.  One is competitive on a state wide level in every other sport they field with excellent support from the administration and town, one isn't.  Just the obvious ones.  Abel's is young and Hampton may not even have a school in the distant future with the way the county is loosing population.

What do you mean getting smaller? School or county?

Since 1990, union county has lost 14.8% of population(46,719 to 39,887 people).

Since 1990, el dorado has lost 23.8% of its population(23,146 to 18,030 people).

Looks like they are in the boat with rest of South Ark.

Wilson

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 14, 2018, 12:03:23 pm
So you are saying a AA school orchestrated a plot to get rid of a hometown boy head coach and make the AD HC just to keep his son?
Really? 
I bet u think there are aliens in Area 51 too don't you?

of course there are no aliens in area 51. . .that's just silly. . . . everyone knows they took them to Wright Pattman AFB in Ohio  ;)

Dragon I

No doubt that all of South Arkansas is slowly dying, but at least El Dorado and the surrounding communities have some industry left to help carry us.  With the way that consolidation works, I would hate to be in the smallest county population wise in the state.  I'm just giving valid reasons why PC is not a "lateral" move from Hampton.

dragondad

Union County may have decreased but somehow PC enrollment continues to increase.....

dragondad

Quote from: AirWarren on December 14, 2018, 07:14:23 pm
What do you mean getting smaller? School or county?

Since 1990, union county has lost 14.8% of population(46,719 to 39,887 people).

Since 1990, el dorado has lost 23.8% of its population(23,146 to 18,030 people).

Looks like they are in the boat with rest of South Ark.

Mehh... county has lost roughly 6,000 over the last 20 years or so,  not that big of an issue.  Most of what El  Do lost stayed in the county, but moved outside of El Dorado..... mainly to PC.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 14, 2018, 05:22:02 pm
I think hampton is suppose to be in 3a next year 😂😂😂 just saying they are growing

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 14, 2018, 05:22:02 pm
There may be something to the growing part...
Hampton had
538 kids in 2014
546 kids in 2015
551 kids in 2016
574 kids in 2017
573 kids in 2018

dragondad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 15, 2018, 08:43:58 pm
There may be something to the growing part...
Hampton had
538 kids in 2014
546 kids in 2015
551 kids in 2016
574 kids in 2017
573 kids in 2018

I'd be willing to bet most of that growth is school choice kids from Hermitage

HorseFeathers

Hermitage is holding steady over the same period

Leroy

Midyett was a 3 sport athlete in high school and he expects kids to be at least 2 sport athletes.  that is pretty much the norm at most successful AA football programs.  PC has a bunch of kids that are scared of the summer heat and conditioning. They will regret focusing on baseball only in junior high when they get to senior high and have to sit on the dang bench!   Midyett gone, Jacobs may be gone and the superintendent has applied and is one of the top choices for the Lake Hamilton Superintendent job.  lots of bailing at perfect Chapel.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Leroy on December 16, 2018, 08:29:43 pm
Midyett was a 3 sport athlete in high school and he expects kids to be at least 2 sport athletes.  that is pretty much the norm at most successful AA football programs.  PC has a bunch of kids that are scared of the summer heat and conditioning. They will regret focusing on baseball only in junior high when they get to senior high and have to sit on the dang bench!   Midyett gone, Jacobs may be gone and the superintendent has applied and is one of the top choices for the Lake Hamilton Superintendent job.  lots of bailing at perfect Chapel.

Jacob Midyett was much more than a three sport athlete.   He was an enormously hardworking and intelligent once in a generation athlete.   The kind of player that other players look up to even if they are years older.    He was basically a coach on the field and had more maturity and character in junior high than many adults.

I can illustrate this very well.    When he was in the 8th grade he was QB for the Jr. High team that came to Norphlet to play.   We had a good Junior High team that year and beat them easily by several touchdowns.   Coach tried to avoid running up the score by repeatedly calling the exact same up the middle running play every time in the second half.  Despite this we scored a couple of fourth quarter touchdowns and PC was obviously upset.

When the teams lined up on the 50 after the game to shake hands all the PC players and coaches clasped their hands behind their backs as they walked across and refused to shake hands with the Norphlet players or coaches.

All except Midyett.   Who shook hands with all the opposing players and coaches.

cuz

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on December 16, 2018, 09:15:45 pm

Jacob Midyett was much more than a three sport athlete.   He was an enormously hardworking and intelligent once in a generation athlete.   The kind of player that other players look up to even if they are years older.    He was basically a coach on the field and had more maturity and character in junior high than many adults.

I can illustrate this very well.    When he was in the 8th grade he was QB for the Jr. High team that came to Norphlet to play.   We had a good Junior High team that year and beat them easily by several touchdowns.   Coach tried to avoid running up the score by repeatedly calling the exact same up the middle running play every time in the second half.  Despite this we scored a couple of fourth quarter touchdowns and PC was obviously upset.

When the teams lined up on the 50 after the game to shake hands all the PC players and coaches clasped their hands behind their backs as they walked across and refused to shake hands with the Norphlet players or coaches.

All except Midyett.   Who shook hands with all the opposing players and coaches.
good post +1

arkansasprepfootball

That is not a problem unique to Parkers Chapel, unfortunately.

Rida4Life

Dang.... lot's going on there dude for your "first" post.

dragondad

He had a great role model,  his father was equally a class act in high school as well.... and one heck of an athlete too.

airitout

Not being at the game, i'm not 100% sure why they were mad. 

Example 1:  If my defense cannot stop dive, and the other team calls it 50 times in a row and scores, there's nothing wrong with that.  I cannot be expected to tell a kid not to score.  even the subs.  that is what the game is about.  You cannot be mad at me for running the most simple play and you not being able to stop it. 

Example 2:  i'm up by 3 TD's or more and i am throwing the ball and running reverses or trick plays, then you have every right to be mad.  that's not cool.  I'd be super mad if that went on, too. 

So, in example 1 if you don't shake hands you're the poor sport, but in example 2, something needs to be said, some kind of statement.  coach's need to know and teach their kids a winners attitude.  what's right and what's wrong.

A few years year ago i heard of a PC vs Hermitage game where hermitage had only 11 or 12 players.  PC was up by alot and was throwing fades, running reverses, and onside kicking after every score.  i'm sure this was a different coaching staff at that point, but i shook my head when i learned of this.  my point is, did PC learn anything from the day they didn't shake hands until the day they ran it up on hermitage?

old.dole

Any movement on this one or a timeframe?

i40traveler

Quote from: old.dole on December 17, 2018, 11:26:28 am

I heard that the basketball coach may head up football too. 

old.dole

I've heard a former coordinator has been calling almost daily about the job

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: old.dole on December 17, 2018, 11:26:28 am

Interviews happening later this week.  January start date for new hire?

Quote from: old.dole on December 18, 2018, 10:04:05 am
I've heard a former coordinator has been calling almost daily about the job

If Vincent, seems his time to get a HC position is now.  Could also assume he could land a much better small school job than PC.

old.dole

I always thought he would try and get closer to hot springs for his first head gig

Rida4Life

I haven't heard any new names at Dixie in the mornings. 
Last I heard there was still a chance it might be filled inhouse or it might not. 
I don't think we will know much until after the first round of interviews. 
AD seems to be keeping it pretty quiet... as it should be.

ARHSFB

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 18, 2018, 12:52:23 pm
I haven't heard any new names at Dixie in the mornings. 
Last I heard there was still a chance it might be filled inhouse or it might not. 
I don't think we will know much until after the first round of interviews. 
AD seems to be keeping it pretty quiet... as it should be.

AD is probably quiet because he has no idea what he's doing

airitout

Quote from: ARHSFB on December 18, 2018, 01:27:29 pm

AND isn't he just making himself the HC

Rida4Life

From what I can tell he's doing a very good job.  If he wanted the football job i think it would have already been announced.  Amazing how people can get on here and no nothing but run their mouth like they have a clue how to do his job.
Keyboard warriors.

The_Wesson_Blessin

Weren't you the guy talking about how great the peewee was over there? What's wrong, he didn't take your Big South 3rd & 4th grade championship resume seriously??

Rida4Life

Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on December 18, 2018, 02:33:27 pm
Weren't you the guy talking about how great the peewee was over there? What's wrong, he didn't take your Big South 3rd & 4th grade championship resume seriously??

and there it is!!!!

BlueCrew4U

Can't believe that no names have leaked.  I've heard it's drawn some interest but haven't heard specific names.

airitout

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on December 19, 2018, 09:40:55 am
Can't believe that no names have leaked.  I've heard it's drawn some interest but haven't heard specific names.

Bates
Jacobs
Vincent
Ables

all mentioned in the thread

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: airitout on December 19, 2018, 10:12:06 am
Bates
Jacobs
Vincent
Ables

All mentioned but I'm just wondering who is actually getting an interview if they were supposed to start this week.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: airitout on December 19, 2018, 10:12:06 am
Bates
Jacobs
Vincent
Ables

Do not believe any of these are interviewing / interested.

Last two are based on pure speculation.  Doubtful to see Ables step back professionally.  Doubtful to see Vincent return to program he left a year ago. 

If an in-house guy, will be Jacobs.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 19, 2018, 11:51:54 am
Do not believe any of these are interviewing / interested.

Last two are based on pure speculation.  Doubtful to see Ables step back professionally.  Doubtful to see Vincent return to program he left a year ago. 

If an in-house guy, will be Jacobs.

I could be mistaken but didn't Bates take Norphlet to the playoffs several years back as HC.  I can't remember the situation but he was HC for a year I think.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on December 19, 2018, 01:22:51 pm
I could be mistaken but didn't Bates take Norphlet to the playoffs several years back as HC.  I can't remember the situation but he was HC for a year I think.

Don't believe so.

Doug Means had a good run at Norphlet.

Coach Bates is a good guy, though.

Hornetsfan02

I'm from hazen. Close with the Coaching staff. Vincent won't go anywhere until after next year

highway79

I heard the whole crew is leaving from over there sup and all

Rida4Life

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on December 19, 2018, 01:22:51 pm

You are correct.  He was interim between McAnally and Sanders.  They broke a 20 something year playoff drought that year.
Coach Mac up and left before the red-white game that year.

Rida4Life

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 19, 2018, 02:28:52 pm
Don't believe so.

Doug Means had a good run at Norphlet.

Coach Bates is a good guy, though.

It was before Steele and Means.
Means did a heck of a job at Norphlet.  Fought numbers constantly but they battled every week.

airitout

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 20, 2018, 08:00:20 am
It was before Steele and Means.
Means did a heck of a job at Norphlet.  Fought numbers constantly but they battled every week.

Did those guys apply?

highway79

so you mean to tell me that this dude done broke a 20 year playoff drought and they still didnt hire him? or anyone else sense then hire him? you guys sound like a conspiracy has been going on against this guy smh

trojanman

Bates is a class act! They will probably name the track after him if they ever build one. Someone should have given him a chance a long time ago

Rida4Life

Quote from: highway79 on December 20, 2018, 08:45:34 am
so you mean to tell me that this dude done broke a 20 year playoff drought and they still didnt hire him? or anyone else sense then hire him? you guys sound like a conspiracy has been going on against this guy smh
The admin at the time thought they were making a splash hire with Sanders.  Bates was young and inexperienced.  He stayed and was OC.  I think he and Sanders are still good buddies.
Being from PC when they didn't have football has worked against him a lot it seems.
To his credit, he's never seemed bitter about it.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: trojanman on December 20, 2018, 08:51:48 am
Bates is a class act! They will probably name the track after him if they ever build one. Someone should have given him a chance a long time ago

He dang near won a state title in track last year.  And PC athletes don't exactly scream "Track star" at you.  ;D
I think they finished runner up.

BlueCrew4U

But back to the coaching search.....
Any new names out there?

baseball13

I heard Dayton kitchens has put in.

Rida4Life

OB11

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 20, 2018, 09:58:43 am
He applies for everything.

Hard to get the job if you don't apply. Lol

Rida4Life

Quote from: OB11 on December 20, 2018, 09:59:40 am
Hard to get the job if you don't apply. Lol

touche' sir.... touche'  LOL

old.dole

When my friends started getting into coaching I would hear stories about that guy like he was a mythological creature or like Bigfoot or something. Then I found out he did exist

airitout

Quote from: trojanman on December 20, 2018, 08:51:48 am

there's not a track around the football field?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas