• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 Scores 18/19 Season

Started by cannon, December 10, 2018, 08:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Livewire

Quote from: cannon on December 22, 2018, 07:31:28 pm
I expect it to be tight. But I bet Bobby doesn't let the air out of the ball for the last 6 minutes of the game in this one. We'll see . . . I've been wrong once before.
That seems to be his 'go to' play. I'm sure he will hold it every chance he gets. Low score for the first quarter. Thanks for update!

cannon

Quote from: J12 on December 22, 2018, 08:05:51 pm
VV - 16
Brookland - 20

I'll save my opinion, but the game is just as boring as the score indicates.

Agreed.

J12

3:41 left in 3Q
VV- 20
Brookland -28

Good chance VV won't score 8 more points.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on December 22, 2018, 08:25:43 pm
3:41 left in 3Q
VV- 20
Brookland -28

Good chance VV won't score 8 more points.

Guess you've been wrong once, too.  ;D

J12

VV -29
Brookland - 33

Going to 4th.

J12

Quote from: cannon on December 22, 2018, 08:31:14 pm
Guess you've been wrong once, too.  ;D

Haha true. Wasn't a slight at VV more thinking Gross would take all the air out.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on December 22, 2018, 08:33:30 pm
Haha true. Wasn't a slight at VV more thinking Gross would take all the air out.

Just hackin on ya. I knew what ya meant, and agreed when you posted it.

cannon

Respect to the Bearcats. Played all the way to the end of the game. Tough kids.

J12

45-40 final. Brookland over VV

Livewire

Thanks for all the updates. Kinda surprised at the outcome. Thought VV was better than that.
Westside/Blytheville game should be entertaining!

MDXPHD

Looks like Batesville and Brookland girls will meet on the 27th. Thoughts?

cannon

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 23, 2018, 07:14:29 am

Can't wait for that one. I can't imagine that one not coming down to the wire. I've watched both of those teams a number of times, and until I see them on the court together, I couldn't declare a clear advantage on either side.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 23, 2018, 03:55:16 pm #62 Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:07:53 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: MDXPHD on December 23, 2018, 07:14:29 am

I would give Batesville the nod in this this one,
Brookland will have to bring their A game to stay with the Lady Pioneers, they are very talented and can turn turnovers into points in a hurry.

Hatchet

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 23, 2018, 03:55:16 pm
Brookland will have to bring their A game to stay with the Lady Pioneers, they are very talented and can turn turnovers into points in a hurry.
Brookland will get out coached. Brookland has some very talented players that aren't being used properly or shall I say effectively.

cannon

I don't know that I can agree with you on that one. Batesville is deeper, but Brookland is considerably bigger. The only edge I may see is Kalifa. I talked to her on Thursday at the Convo, and the boot she's been sporting is a result of a toe injury. If she's less than 100%, I give odds to Batesville. If she's 100%, it's too close to call in my book.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 23, 2018, 06:54:03 pm #65 Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 07:24:37 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Hatchet on December 23, 2018, 04:48:12 pm
Brookland will get out coached. Brookland has some very talented players that aren't being used properly or shall I say effectively.

I have no skin in the game , I root for the starters and the ones who come off the bench to be successful , Boys and Girls.
I believe every year a coach has to put their team together and find the right combinations that work well together. The girls are as deep as I have seen any group at Brookland. They have 3 Seniors and some talented JR and Sophs.
I've seen some of best girls teams and some of our weakest teams that only won 2 games that year. And one year we didn't even have a girls Basketball team  when we was 3A. Chemistry is vital to success , and it's not just players , it's also coaches and parents all getting along and striving to improve every practice , and game and peek at the right time (Post Season)
One thing is constant to me , Hard working players that learn the fundamentals early and play a lot of basketball turn out to be solid High School players. Don't expect more out of it than what you put into it. I love to watch a team whose offense just seams to flow and defense is tirelessly working hard to make every shot contested.
I would tell the ones that may not be used as often to keep working hard, outwork everyone in practice where they are seen everyday in practice by the coach and teammates Work on your skill work on your on time and play all you can whenever you can. Find pick up games at the gyms, community centers ,, develope your game skills, defense,  shooting , court awareness, and One on one Skills.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 23, 2018, 06:37:55 pm
I don't know that I can agree with you on that one. Batesville is deeper, but Brookland is considerably bigger. The only edge I may see is Kalifa. I talked to her on Thursday at the Convo, and the boot she's been sporting is a result of a toe injury. If she's less than 100%, I give odds to Batesville. If she's 100%, it's too close to call in my book.

We are hoping she can play,  but if not ...others will get the opportunity to step up.
We need her 100% in conference

cannon

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 23, 2018, 07:22:25 pm
We are hoping she can play,  but if not ...others will get the opportunity to step up.
We need her 100% in conference

That's what she conveyed to me. I got the impression that she wouldn't risk further injury by playing in this tournament, but she didn't specifically say that and I didn't ask. 

I hate to see her out. She's a good kid and a beast of a competitor.

87DAWG

You hit the nail on the head NEA Razorback olfan!!! +1.....The Lady Rebels played well in the 1st half against Batesville and then in 4 minutes, off turnovers, the Lady Pioneers turned a one point advantage at half into a 15 point lead. Brookland is a good team, no doubt! Batesville presses all game and their experience usually wins out! Watch out for #30, #24, #21, among others!!! Should be a good one! I hope #15 can go! I don't like to see any players out! I'll give the nod to Batesville with or without #15 playing for Brookland!

87DAWG

Highland Girls is in for a tough stretch Dec 27th-29th in The 1st Bail Bonds Invitational Tournament in Mountain Home. They play Paragould #6 in 5A on the 27th. Then win/lose play either Farmington #1 in 4A or Norfork #2 in 1A.....then a game on the 29th! Enjoying watching this Highland Sr Girls team playing competition every time they hit the floor....Good Luck to all 4A-3 teams playing this week around the state. The Highland Boys play in the Ronnie Brogdon Classic held in Highland A.L. Hutson Center from today thru the 29th. Highland Boys take on Strong tonight.

NEA Razorback olfan

87, good luck to Highland , sounds like some great competition , I've heard a lot about Farmington girls so if you get a chance to watch them let us know what you think.
I couldn't make the the game but I listened on the radio when Our girls played there...Highland played really good and executed extremely well.
Hopefully our girls handle Batesville pressure ...if not it could be  tough to hang with the talented Lady Pioneers

J12

December 26, 2018, 06:21:31 pm #71 Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:25:30 pm by J12
If you can find the cash to get in the gate, tomorrow night will showcase 3 good 4A teams not only in the conference, but in the state.

Convocation Center plays host to the NEA Tournament.
Blytheville vs Westside (7:30) & Brookland vs Nettleton (9:00).

Nettlton has the talent to compete for a 5A State Championship too.

Should be some of the best basketball played at ASU all year.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on December 26, 2018, 06:21:31 pm
If you can find the cash to get in the gate, tomorrow night will showcase 3 good 4A teams not only in the conference, but in the state.

Convocation Center plays host to the NEA Tournament.
Blytheville vs Westside (7:30) & Brookland vs Nettleton (9:00).

Nettlton has the talent to compete for a 5A State Championship too.

Should be some of the best basketball played at ASU all year.

Throw in Batesville v Brookland (girls -10:30) and Manila v Trumann (boys - 3:00). Gonna be an epic day of hoop watching. I'm a little giddy. Gonna be a long day in the gym.

My only advice would be to cover your children's eyes between 12:00 and 1:00. The violent slaughter that's definitely going to take place could give them nightmares for years.

501 to 870

December 26, 2018, 11:34:50 pm #73 Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 11:39:21 pm by 501 to 870
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 26, 2018, 09:36:40 am
87, good luck to Highland , sounds like some great competition , I've heard a lot about Farmington girls so if you get a chance to watch them let us know what you think.
I couldn't make the the game but I listened on the radio when Our girls played there...Highland played really good and executed extremely well.
Hopefully our girls handle Batesville pressure ...if not it could be  tough to hang with the talented Lady Pioneers
Farmington is impressive. Should take care of Norfork!!

Bomberman

Quote from: 501 to 870 on December 26, 2018, 11:34:50 pm
Farmington is impressive. Should take care of Norfork!!
Norfork won by 11, had them down by at least 20 at one point in the 2nd qtr.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bomberman on December 27, 2018, 03:44:26 pm
Norfork won by 11, had them down by at least 20 at one point in the 2nd qtr.

Thanks for the update Bomberman!!

Bomberman

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 27, 2018, 04:39:18 pm
Thanks for the update Bomberman!!
No problem, for anyone interested I have each score posted on the 5a board.

J12

Blytheville - 15
Westside -10

1Q

J12

Blytheville-26
Westside -25
Halftime.

Big crowd. Not much cheering. Blytheville really trying to take the air out of it.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on December 27, 2018, 07:47:22 pm
Blytheville-26
Westside -25
Halftime.

Big crowd. Not much cheering. Blytheville really trying to take the air out of it.

FWIW, the Brookland/Nettleton should be interesting. I hear that two of Nettleton's players got a game suspension for fighting and another is out for some other reason.

Livewire

Westside not shooting 3's. Kessler 2/3, Avery 0/3
Couple Westside players with 3 fouls

J12

43-34 Blytheville. Last second Hail Mary answered on a Blytheville 3.

Headed to 4th

cannon

I really need to see a replay on the last 2 seconds of that game.

Livewire

Just watched the replay and it was the right call.

J12

Good W for Westside. Decent 4th quarter by Felts...

J12

Brookland might get mercy ruled in this late game.  They don't want any of that Nettleon smoke 💨

Livewire

Nettleton 33/Brookland 12
Halftime-Brookland scoreless in 1st quarter
Definitely looking at mercy rule

J12

Brookland - 43
Nettleton - 70

Final.

Westside will have their hands full plus some against the Raiders tomorrow night. Hoping the Warriors can keep it close late and have a shot to win, but Nettleton has one of the better teams in all of the state.

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 26, 2018, 09:36:40 am
NEA Razorback olfan Paragould Lady Rams 50 Highland Lady Rebels 45.....Highland was down as much as 15 early then chipped away and battled to 45-47 with 25 seconds! Beat Highland on the boards and Highland missed alot of free throws down the stretch! Watched Farmington play Norfork and Norfork beat them pretty good. I believe the final was 11 points. Farmington doesn't have a lot of height but seem to have alot of shooters. I am going to say they didn't have their best shooting night! They are well coached and get out and push it off made baskets and rebounds. Highland takes them on 11:30 am on Friday! Should be a good one!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on December 28, 2018, 12:30:36 am
NEA Razorback olfan Paragould Lady Rams 50 Highland Lady Rebels 45.....Highland was down as much as 15 early then chipped away and battled to 45-47 with 25 seconds! Beat Highland on the boards and Highland missed alot of free throws down the stretch! Watched Farmington play Norfork and Norfork beat them pretty good. I believe the final was 11 points. Farmington doesn't have a lot of height but seem to have alot of shooters. I am going to say they didn't have their best shooting night! They are well coached and get out and push it off made baskets and rebounds. Highland takes them on 11:30 am on Friday! Should be a good one!!

Thanks for update, Paragould has a lot of size!!
Good Luck today vs Farmington!!

J12

Westside plays Highland's varsity team tonight. All State Guard, Riley Felkins is questionable with a knee injury he suffered in the 1st half against nettleton at the NEA.

Warriors shouldn't have much trouble tonight, but they play cross town rival Valley View next week and will need all hands on deck.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on January 04, 2019, 12:18:06 pm
Westside plays Highland's varsity team tonight. All State Guard, Riley Felkins is questionable with a knee injury he suffered in the 1st half against nettleton at the NEA.

Warriors shouldn't have much trouble tonight, but they play cross town rival Valley View next week and will need all hands on deck.

Hope Felkins a full speedy recovery

J12

Westside -70
Highland -55

Final

MDXPHD

Batesville lady pioneers by 30 over Blytheville.

MDXPHD

Cannon should probably change the thread title to take off that date.

Livewire

Brookland got the win over SS to take possession of 2nd place in 4a-3.
Next up is Blytheville. Look for Blytheville to take this one and establish themselves as the runner-up to Westside.

cannon

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 04, 2019, 10:10:45 pm
Cannon should probably change the thread title to take off that date.

I'm on it.

J12

January 06, 2019, 07:36:41 pm #98 Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:41:43 pm by J12
Valley View makes the short trip up HWY 349 to visit the #2 team in 4A, Westside. It's been over two years since these 2 rivals have tangled on the hardwood.

Personally looking forward to this one. Not much love loss on either side. Valley View moved up conferences and struggled, while Westside has continued to dominate.

Look for Westside to go out tomorrow and prove a few points.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on January 06, 2019, 07:36:41 pm
Valley View makes the short trip up HWY 349 to visit the #2 team in 4A, Westside. It's been over two years since these 2 rivals have tangled on the hardwood.

Personally looking forward to this one. Not much love loss on either side. Valley View moved up conferences and struggled, while Westside has continued to dominate.

Look for Westside to go out tomorrow and prove a few points.

I dunno that it's fair to say they struggled in 5A anymore than they will in 4A . . . They won the 5A East District tournament last year and had numerous district wins, particularly during the Gorton/Horne era, prior to that. On the other hand, they never made any noise at the state level, but then they never did in a 4A classification, either. Heck, the school hasn't been competitive at the state level since the 50's.

I expect Westside to walk away with this one with precious little effort. I just can't imagine it being close. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, but I don't have high expectations.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas