• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notable games and matchups

Started by Bbal789, November 30, 2018, 04:14:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bbal789

Big game between ESTEM and Baptist Prep tonight. Thoughts?

I feel like this will be a really close game. McBride will really need help tonight if they are going to beat ESTEM. ESTEM Will have to somewhat slow McBride down if they want to beat Baptist

Ctucker

RamblinRazorWreck

November 30, 2018, 08:28:05 pm #2 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:31:54 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
61-56 Baptist, but it was hard fought to the end.

I expect eSTEM to be really tough in 4A in February.  Not sure they have the shooters to beat Mills, but they are very capable of upsetting them if things go their way.

McBride ended up right on his average (31), but had to scrap for every bucket.  Very few foul calls in an extremely physical game.

RamblinRazorWreck

LR Hall over Baptist 72-68.

LR Central & Baptist square off tomorrow.

Central AR

December 07, 2018, 01:14:06 am #4 Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:15:56 am by Central AR
Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 06, 2018, 10:00:31 pm
LR Hall over Baptist 72-68.

LR Central & Baptist square off tomorrow.

LR Hall may have the best team in the state and I was surprised how competitive it was for a good amount of the game.. Prep lost by 6 without Cobb, who some would consider to be their second best player. I was shocked at how many shooters this team has and the amount of guys who can actually pass.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Central AR on December 07, 2018, 01:14:06 am
LR Hall may have the best team in the state and I was surprised how competitive it was for a good amount of the game.. Prep lost by 6 without Cobb, who some would consider to be their second best player. I was shocked at how many shooters this team has and the amount of guys who can actually pass.

Active 2nd leading scorer did not play in the 2nd half after what I thought was a cheesey T.  Hall Coach yells "HA!" in the kids ear as he sets to shoot a 3 from the corner by the Hall bench, and after the shot splashes the kid returns the favor with a "HA, let's go baby!" and gets T'd up.

That is the first time I have ever seen a Coach yell at an opposing player with what seemed like intent to distract him.

I'm not belly-aching though, I really don't think Baptist had a realistic chance in this game.  Hall milked the clock a lot in the 2nd half, instead of keeping the hammer down.

Central AR

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 07, 2018, 08:08:37 am
Active 2nd leading scorer did not play in the 2nd half after what I thought was a cheesey T.  Hall Coach yells "HA!" in the kids ear as he sets to shoot a 3 from the corner by the Hall bench, and after the shot splashes the kid returns the favor with a "HA, let's go baby!" and gets T'd up.

That is the first time I have ever seen a Coach yell at an opposing player with what seemed like intent to distract him.

I'm not belly-aching though, I really don't think Baptist had a realistic chance in this game.  Hall milked the clock a lot in the 2nd half, instead of keeping the hammer down.

These refs hear 50x worse things between players and typically let it go. What you just explained is a joke. Their coach shouldn't of benched him either

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Central AR on December 07, 2018, 06:49:44 pm
These refs hear 50x worse things between players and typically let it go. What you just explained is a joke. Their coach shouldn't of benched him either

I wish I could pass on talking about the refs in the game tonight, but when McBride gets bushwhacked on a 3 and comes up 4 feet short and all 3 swallow their whistle, it is not even worth the effort to complain.  If this is what 6A officials are always like, I am glad I don't go to very many games.

Props to Coach Ross and his Tigers for executing a well conceived gameplan!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas